• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
Some of you might remember when I showed off my LEGO version of Meta Ridley (if you don't, you can get a glimpse of it in my avatar). I recently built a multi-colored version to test if he would be stable enough to actually play with. After a few adjustments, I can definitely say that he is:

He's very swooshable, lots of fun to just fly him around the room.

Thanks to one of the changes I made and the eyes I gave him, he can be very expressive beyond the usual angry/intimidating face, and the extra support that comes with his tail allows for some cool poses that wouldn't otherwise be possible (sorry about the blurriness of this one):

"Ridley will never be playable, he's way too big!"

Be sure to support the LEGO Ideas project if you want your own! https://ideas.lego.com/projects/63890

Last edited:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Welp, you suck at counting, I suck at reading

together, we're as smart as a fifth grader

xD
Brb signing TehEpicRyuga and Phaazoid for Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?

Well Ridley fans, looks like the Gematsu Leak is dead, so Ridley's chances are strong once more!

REJOICE

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Hey, guys, I'm wondering: Do you think it would be possible to have, say, another type of Ridley as a stage boss (Omega or Meta) while the good old Rid is playable? That would shock me in a positive way.
As I was reading thru the early parts of the thread, people were saying that would be very wishful thinking to consider that would happen. I would agree its very unlikely, but who knows. ...except Sakurai.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
As I was reading thru the early parts of the thread, people were saying that would be very wishful thinking to consider that would happen. I would agree its very unlikely, but who knows. ...except Sakurai.
Ah shoot. Oh well, I'm notorious for wishful thinking XD Here's to hopin'.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
After today's revelation, the notion of a villain trailer as the last video before launch is looking pretty darn realistic. Ganondorf, Mewtwo, and K. Rool all fighting each other (or teaming up to attack their respective enemies) with Ridley as the crowing moment of the entire shebang would be the absolute best way to end the Smash trailer saga.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
After today's revelation, the notion of a villain trailer as the last video before launch is looking pretty darn realistic. Ganondorf, Mewtwo, and K. Rool all fighting each other (or teaming up to attack their respective enemies) with Ridley as the crowing moment of the entire shebang would be the absolute best way to end the Smash trailer saga.
I doubt we'll get 2 newcomers in the same trailer, but you could easily throw meta-knight or wario in there. Maybe one is with Ridley, one with K.Rool. Mewtwo could be with either, or ganon.

Maybe It'll be Ridley/Mewtwo/Ganon and K.Rool/Metaknight/Wario

that'd be pretty sick.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I doubt we'll get 2 newcomers in the same trailer, but you could easily throw meta-knight or wario in there. Maybe one is with Ridley, one with K.Rool. Mewtwo could be with either, or ganon.

Maybe It'll be Ridley/Mewtwo/Ganon and K.Rool/Metaknight/Wario

that'd be pretty sick.
I doubt we'll get 2 newcomers in the same trailer

Because we didn't get that before

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

Because we didn't get that before
Sorry for not being explicit

I doubt we'll get 2 newcomers in the same trailer from different franchises

Better?

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Mshpotato Skrau plz do dis.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Sorry for not being explicit

I doubt we'll get 2 newcomers in the same trailer from different franchises

Better?
Yes, much better, but it is still likely

On a different note, because some male characters are going to Ridley's gym, do you think Ridley makes a lot of cash? Knuckles, Swampert and Ike go there, so it must be well known

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Unless we get another surprise Trailer from Sakurai, only 1 Trailer Remains.
The August Direct.
WHO ARE WE GONNA GET. :3

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I just realized something:

Remember back in the April Direct in which a ton of supporters abandoned ship and detractors have plagued us since?

Looks like the Chorus Kids thread is going to get similar treatment.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yes, much better, but it is still likely

On a different note, because some male characters are going to Ridley's gym, do you think Ridley makes a lot of cash? Knuckles, Swampert and Ike go there, so it must be well known
I think Capt. Falcon must be showing up there as well, looking as he seem to have gotten buffer since Brawl.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Its fun watching the rise and fall of the Warios faith in Ridley and Gematsu.
Right? Yesterday I was super bummed as you know, but today I'm absolutely pumped. I've had way more lows this time than I did during Brawl speculation, so the highs are actually much more enjoyable now.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

Remember back in the April Direct in which a ton of supporters abandoned ship and detractors have plagued us since?

As much as I was never hyped for the chorus kids, I do feel sorry for their fans.

They were shown a false god, and they flocked to it. Can you be that hard on them? Gematsu was fairly convincing.

The series still is repped in smash (the enemy in smash run) but the character's chances seem to have gone way down.

Time will tell, I guess.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

It's not all: possibly most of the thread except chorus men can get better support (this one too depending on what people think of the direct).

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I left for a doctor appointment after the trailer and only got back recently. Did the Internet explode when the gematsu leak was confirmed fake?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
As much as I was never hyped for the chorus kids, I do feel sorry for their fans.

They were shown a false god, and they flocked to it. Can you be that hard on them? Gematsu was fairly convincing.

The series still is repped in smash (the enemy in smash run) but the character's chances seem to have gone way down.

Time will tell, I guess.
Not saying we should gather a party to toss stones at the Chorus Kids thread (Since that happened to us in the April Direct) but the mockings and "delusional supporters" and "face reality"s are definitely going to be directed at them now.

And unlike us, they have very little evidence now for the existence of their rep.

Oh god, Xenoblade is in just as much trouble. What proof do we have that Shulk is even IN Smash Bros. outside some tweets?

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

I think if this happened I'd be in the hospital for a week recovering from the hypegasm I'd have.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Looks like the supporters erupted in the same feeling I did.
If Robin, a character who "Wasn't going to get in the game" and was "Definitely dis-confirmed" did get in the game and was confirmed, who can't get in?

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
You're absolutely right. NOBODY wanted Palutena. Or Mega Man. Or Little Mac. Or an animal crossing Newcomer. Or Miis. And just because Namco was helping make the game doesn't mean anyone thought Pac-Man would happen. Those are DOWNRIGHT OBSCURE guesses at the playable roster.

Seriously though. Gematsu is dead AND on fire in a sewage-filled ditch. There is literally no way it can recover from this. People really need to just give up on it. The first leak was wrong. The second leak was wrong. The third leak contradicted itself. The fourth leak was wrong. There is nothing left.
You might now understand what goes through the head of Ridley detractors, as your post is amusingly and ironically similar to the ones they make.
What people present to you as proof means nothing to you. Sal Romano got tipped of 6 newcomers that would be revealed at E3, he got 3 on them on that same event, with the other 3 next year. Absolutely nobody else on the internet expected those six at once, two at best, but not all 6. This is evidence that this person is way too lucky and might actually know more than everyone else, even going as far as having the correct names for all of them (Wii Fit Trainer, Mii Fighter). Well, some see it that way, but there is absolutely no way to convince you otherwise. There is simple no other explanation. In a globalized world, he couldnt have met someone who knew stuff, he could only have gotten that combination of characters out of luck. The fact that the reveal dates do not work out and claims coming at a point where they shouldnt be vague anymore coincide with someone that does not work on the game at this point, and can be theorized that it did knew details but from very early in development. Today we got proof that his leak is not to be trusted as gospel, but how interesting that instead of one FE character we got two. Its possible that at one point Chrom was a candidate but was scrapped in favor of the other two, well before there was any gameplay concept for either. This idea will mean jack **** to you, since you have been convinced for a long time that this is all fake (even in the face of evidence proving otherwise), and no matter what anyone says, you wont change your mind, even if the Chorus Kids and Shulk get confirmed later, confirmation bias will still be in place.
You know what Im going to do? Im going to give it the benefit of doubt, because this thread has taught me to not toss around the word "deconfirmation" lightly.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Looks like the supporters erupted in the same feeling I did.
If Robin, a character who "Wasn't going to get in the game" and was "Definitely dis-confirmed" did get in the game and was confirmed, who can't get in?
Well, obviously Ridley.

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
As much as I would absolutely love this, I think they're sticking to one video per newcomer. yes, I know today's video featured both Lucina and Robin, but Nintendo's regarding it as Robin's trailer and treating Lucina as if she's not a "real" newcomer (probably because she's a clone). So far every completely new character has gotten a seperate video.

What I can see happening is all the veteran villains being revealed in a villain newcomer video, and afterwards we get a seperate Ridley video like how they handled Megaman's trailer.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
They should honestly show off all of the remaining characters in a 10 minute long animation that concludes with Ridley appearing out of nowhere, crashing onto the scene, tearing everyone apart, breathing fire everywhere, and then biting at the screen.

Suddenly, as Ridley bites at the audience, it cuts to black.

After two seconds, this text in white appears:

Tomorrow.

No "joins the battle" no moveset show off, nothing. Just 15 seconds of pure terror and an advertisement for the game. Release this animation/trailer the day before the 3DS launch. Profit.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I left for a doctor appointment after the trailer and only got back recently. Did the Internet explode when the gematsu leak was confirmed fake?
Absolutely. This site crashed while GameFAQs and Reddit were nothing but "GEMATSU DEAD CHROM DECONFIRMED" threads.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You might now understand what goes through the head of Ridley detractors, as your post is amusingly and ironically similar to the ones they make.
What people present to you as proof means nothing to you. Sal Romano got tipped of 6 newcomers that would be revealed at E3, he got 3 on them on that same event, with the other 3 next year. Absolutely nobody else on the internet expected those six at once, two at best, but not all 6. This is evidence that this person is way too lucky and might actually know more than everyone else, even going as far as having the correct names for all of them (Wii Fit Trainer, Mii Fighter). Well, some see it that way, but there is absolutely no way to convince you otherwise. There is simple no other explanation. In a globalized world, he couldnt have met someone who knew stuff, he could only have gotten that combination of characters out of luck. The fact that the reveal dates do not work out and claims coming at a point where they shouldnt be vague anymore coincide with someone that does not work on the game at this point, and can be theorized that it did knew details but from very early in development. Today we got proof that his leak is not to be trusted as gospel, but how interesting that instead of one FE character we got two. Its possible that at one point Chrom was a candidate but was scrapped in favor of the other two, well before there was any gameplay concept for either. This idea will mean jack **** to you, since you have been convinced for a long time that this is all fake (even in the face of evidence proving otherwise), and no matter what anyone says, you wont change your mind, even if the Chorus Kids and Shulk get confirmed later, confirmation bias will still be in place.
You know what Im going to do? Im going to give it the benefit of doubt, because this thread has taught me to not toss around the word "deconfirmation" lightly.
Problem: All characters were decided if they were playable or not, meaning if Chrom was only considered like it was, it wouldn't be worth mentioning. It's like Clement saying Optimus Prime is playable and will be shown in the direct and stating 'My uncle's Greninja is called Optimus Prime'

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Problem: All characters were decided if they were playable or not, meaning if Chrom was only considered like it was, it wouldn't be worth mentioning. It's like Clement saying Optimus Prime is playable and will be shown in the direct and stating 'My uncle's Greninja is called Optimus Prime'
In other words, the fact that Sakurai outright said that all characters were decided upon from the start pokes holes in that with a machine gun. For Gematsu to even get one character definitely incorrect is enough to blow him under the water. Hence why Gematsu is definitely disconfirmed.
We get that Sakurai has changed his mind before, but he told us his mind was set. That's way too misleading, even if you could say the same thing about Ridley. Hence why we're all screaming at the top of our lungs.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Ok, guys, we shouldn't be bashing Chorus Men or Chrom now that Gematsu is toast with this reveal. I know I felt like crap after the April direct and saw the hate that Ridley got, and they probably feel the same amount of heartbreak as we did. This actually increases the chance of playable characters that weren't in the leaks, but that doesn't mean the guys included in them are suddenly out of the question. We may still see Chorus Men, you never know. Sakurai has pulled the rug out from under our feet yet again, and I'm betting there's gonna be one more big reveal before the game's release. Whether Ridley will be in it or not remains to be seen, but I've said all along that a villain reveal trailer with K Rool, Ridley, Ganon, and possibly Ghirahim or King Boo or Petey would be incredible.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
I have continued playing through Metroid Prime 2 for the first time, and am stuck on that, fish boss. (Water bosses i am always terrible at for some reason.) Is Ridley in this game at all, or is the main focus Dark Samus?

Also, another minor update on the Ridley plushie, I wrapped the skeleton so it would be easier to handle. Plus, now it shows up better in pictures, heh.

This will probably be the last update I put on it until it is finished, as I cant think of what else I would show.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
We dont know how long it took to come out with the final roster, it certainly couldnt happen in one day, prototype characters may even have existed at some point and later scrapped or moved somewhere else. Mind you, its something that its still up for debate about Brawls unfinished characters and ATs found on the discs data.

Top Bottom