• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I have continued playing through Metroid Prime 2 for the first time, and am stuck on that, fish boss. (Water bosses i am always terrible at for some reason.) Is Ridley in this game at all, or is the main focus Dark Samus?

Also, another minor update on the Ridley plushie, I wrapped the skeleton so it would be easier to handle. Plus, now it shows up better in pictures, heh.

This will probably be the last update I put on it until it is finished, as I cant think of what else I would show.
Ridley was going to appear, but got scrapped. This remains. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej5jfinT2gg

Also I think everyone who is laughing at Chrom supporters faces should be ashamed of themselves, I hated the idea and prefered Lucina, But we should stay humble unless it's a Ridley confirmation

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Alright, idea for a comic:

Gematsu supporters are on top of a three-legged table, acting all confident and in general saying that the current roster is finalized and that all supporters of characters not on the leak need to stop being naive. The three legs are Shulk, Chrom, and the Chorus kids standing on each other's shoulder. Ridley is leering up at them from the Chrom leg.

Suddenly, Chrom disappears. Gravity takes a while to catch up. Ridley is surprised. All bravado from the Gemastsuers vanish. Ridley begins to smile.

The table falls toward Ridley, who opens his mouth to eat the scrambling, panicking Gematsuers.

@AndreaAC , @SchAlternate , get on it. Otherwise, I'm doing it myself.

Edit: I don't HATE Chrom, Shulk, or Chorus Kids supporters. I hate those who thought that these were all the characters we were getting, no exceptions, and that characters not on the leak had no chance.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
We dont know how long it took to come out with the final roster, it certainly couldnt happen in one day, prototype characters may even have existed at some point and later scrapped or moved somewhere else. Mind you, its something that its still up for debate about Brawls unfinished characters and ATs found on the discs data.
The leak only appeared slightly before E3 2013, and if they know who to use before working on the game, then the leaker should know that Chrom wan't playable

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Unless we get another surprise Trailer from Sakurai, only 1 Trailer Remains.
The August Direct.
WHO ARE WE GONNA GET. :3
A character nobody is expecting. A character that was, by all outside appearances, deconfirmed during a certain April Direct. A character that's been waiting in the shadows for almost a year.

D

Deleted member

I don't have a problem with Chrom/Shulk/Chorus Men supporters, but just yesterday, I was called 'ridiculous' for doubting Sal, you may have believed that Sal was right, but calling names isn't a good thing for your reputation

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I have continued playing through Metroid Prime 2 for the first time, and am stuck on that, fish boss. (Water bosses i am always terrible at for some reason.) Is Ridley in this game at all, or is the main focus Dark Samus?

Also, another minor update on the Ridley plushie, I wrapped the skeleton so it would be easier to handle. Plus, now it shows up better in pictures, heh.

This will probably be the last update I put on it until it is finished, as I cant think of what else I would show.
There is NO Ridley, only Ings and Dark Samus.

Good luck with that plushie. Proportions looks just right.

Way to miss the point.
Toobigots AKA those geniuses that are way superiour than we are always treat Ridley as an exception, so, even if everyone can be a newcomer, Ridley can`t be.

Some of you might remember when I showed off my LEGO version of Meta Ridley (if you don't, you can get a glimpse of it in my avatar). I recently built a multi-colored version to test if he would be stable enough to actually play with. After a few adjustments, I can definitely say that he is:

He's very swooshable, lots of fun to just fly him around the room.

Thanks to one of the changes I made and the eyes I gave him, he can be very expressive beyond the usual angry/intimidating face, and the extra support that comes with his tail allows for some cool poses that wouldn't otherwise be possible (sorry about the blurriness of this one):

"Ridley will never be playable, he's way too big!"

Be sure to support the LEGO Ideas project if you want your own! https://ideas.lego.com/projects/63890
DO WANT! IWANNARIDLEYPLUSHIEANDRIDLEYLEGOFIGURERIGHTNOWIWANNABUYITHOWMUCHITCOSTSIWANNABUYITRIGHTNOW! But he needs different eyes - they look too...cute. For a dragon that kills even when it is not required just because he likes to do that.

RIDLEY, LEADER OF THE SPACE PIRATES, APPROVES THAT TOY.

IN YOUR FACE, JOHN AND GEMATSU (and i guess Sal too) LEAK IDIOTS! It is over now. Still, i hope not many peoples will bash Chorus Men and Shulk now.

Anyway, i once again was pretty hyped and amazed (i think it is right word) during that trailer even through i don`t care about characters not called Meta Knight, Kirby, King Dedede, Samus, Bowser and of course Ridley. This 6 characters is all i need to be happy. Same thing happened while i was watching Nintendo Direct 2014, E3 tournament and Palutena reveal trailer.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
A character nobody is expecting. A character that was, by all outside appearances, deconfirmed during a certain April Direct. A character that's been waiting in the shadows for almost a year.
I actually think Sakurai might troll us again, however, anniversaries got priority, so I think the chance is 50/50 for Ridley being revealed in August

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Anyways, there's one very simple explanation for why Sai's leaker got Wii Fit Trainer right when Chrom, one of his newcomers, was a Final Smash,
Let's say he did have insider information, rather specifically for E3 2013. He decided to report this to various news places, because he was broke and needed some spare change. He found Sai. They set up a contract. The 3 newcomers were announced. But he only had info for E3.
Naturally, the leaker is a bit young and stupid. Decides he'll play a bit of a prank. He keeps talking with Sai, and discusses various characters that will be announced. They are announced as shoe-ins. Why? Because from the leaker's point of view, they ARE shoe-ins. Because, the leaker didn't actually know what characters were to-be-announced besides those at E3. E3 2014 approaches.
Sai gets information on what characters were to be announced at E3 2014. Either before or after E3, the leaker is fired. So, the leaker knew which characters were to be announced at E3 2014. But he didn't know everything.
So, now Robin is announced. Sadly, Sai's reputation will be ruined. In fact, I'm acknowledging it's sad. Somebody, send this guy some flowers. If the leaker actually decided to be intelligent and tell the truth, this wouldn't have happened.
All we know is that Ridley isn't necessarily disconfirmed. Nor is any other character.
And that is truly bittersweet.

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428

Gematsu supporters are on top of a three-legged table, acting all confident and in general saying that the current roster is finalized and that all supporters of characters not on the leak need to stop being naive. The three legs are Shulk, Chrom, and the Chorus kids standing on each other's shoulder. Ridley is leering up at them from the Chrom leg.

Suddenly, Chrom disappears. Gravity takes a while to catch up. Ridley is surprised. All bravado from the Gemastsuers vanish. Ridley begins to smile.

The table falls toward Ridley, who opens his mouth to eat the scrambling, panicking Gematsuers.

Edit: I don't HATE Chrom, Shulk, or Chorus Kids supporters. I hate those who thought that these were all the characters we were getting, no exceptions, and that characters not on the leak had no chance.
I thought those characters were gonna be in for sure but still new we would get more newcomers than those 3. I would still like to see Shulk and Chorus Kids get in but this new trailer certainly threw a wrench in the Gematsu leak so now I'm not sure what to believe. Overall though this really increases the chance of Ridley being revealed in my eyes and honestly none of us know what to expect.

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
I posted this on gamefaqs and I am just copying it here

Chrom is yet another example of the fact that Sakurai deconfirms characters immediately and does not drag it out for months on end. Sakurai showed Chrom fully, his name was said, and then he was shown off to be apart of Robin's final smash. Chrom is probably the most requested character so far that has gotten deconfirmed. Even if you don't think RIdley is playable you have to admit that this whole situation is very suspicious. Also not to mention that Nintendo released an official statement to ign to clear up that Chrom is not playable.

I have a feeling that the next character reveal trailer is gonna have the confirmation of meta knight's return, plus the arrival of bandana dee. Bandana dee seems like a shoe-in, due to FE getting four reps, and the fact that King DDD only throws gordoes...
It SHOULD be that way, but hey, you never really know. I definitely agree about the Gordos though

Well, if leak is false [which is likely] a RH rep wouldn't be Chorus Men.
And yeah, if this guy did somehow get the information and mess it up for Chrom, Chorus Men could have easily been misinterpreted. Assist Trophy maybe? Or just some other RH rep.

-Mod Note, Please don't double post-

Last edited by a moderator:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
The thing about Sal is, if he stopped at the Shulk announcement, there would be SOME credibility to his claims.

As of now, who knows if Shulk is even IN the game.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I actually think Sakurai might troll us again, however, anniversaries got priority, so I think the chance is 50/50 for Ridley being revealed in August
You are half right. He will troll again, only it'll be to everyone who thought Ridley was deconfirmed. We've already been messed with, so next time we'll be laughing right along with him as the masses look on in dumbfounded shock.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
The leak only appeared slightly before E3 2013, and if they know who to use before working on the game, then the leaker should know that Chrom wan't playable
I think I already explained this to you, but I'll do it again: There are two people involved in this, Sal Romano and his tipster. Sal got the intel one day before E3, but his tipster couldve known it for years and decided to sit on it. Legit or not this person does not know anything beyond early character talks. This is not unusual on other forms of journalism.
Second, no everyone at Namco/Sora have access to Sakurai's desk on a daily basis, you can totally have employees out of the loop.

Last edited:

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
There is NO Ridley, only Ings and Dark Samus.

Good luck with that plushie. Proportions looks just right.
Thats a shame. As neat as the Ings are, they just are not as interesting as the almost suicidal space pirates, their "pet" metroids and their awesome leader.

Also, thanks. We shall see how it turns out soon hopefully.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Thats a shame. As neat as the Ings are, they just are not as interesting as the almost suicidal space pirates, their "pet" metroids and their awesome leader.

Also, thanks. We shall see how it turns out soon hopefully.
Have some concept art of Dark Meta Ridley.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Also not to mention that Nintendo released an official statement to ign to clear up that Chrom is not playable.
Whoa, that's pretty significant. Such confusion has been rampant ever since Ridley's shadow graced the internet, yet no official clarification on what his role actually is.

This has got to be the best piece of evidence for Ridley yet.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I think I already explained this to you, but I'll do it again: There are two people involved in this, Sal Romano and his tipster. Sal got the intel one day before E3, but his tipster couldve known it for years and decided to sit on it. Legit or not this person does not know anything beyond early character talks. This is not unusual on other forms of journalism.
Second, no everyone at Namco/Sora have access to Sakurai's desk on a daily basis, you can totally have employees out of the loop.
From what I gathered, you are saying not all employees know about which characters are in the game? Don't want to seem rude but that is crazy, and if he only knows about characters being discussed, then why the hell hasn't he considered 'These characters might not be playable if they are only being discussed about'

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
Whoa, that's pretty significant. Such confusion has been rampant ever since Ridley's shadow graced the internet, yet no official clarification on what his role actually is.

Yup, Ridley is looking more likely than ever now.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
You might now understand what goes through the head of Ridley detractors, as your post is amusingly and ironically similar to the ones they make.
What people present to you as proof means nothing to you. Sal Romano got tipped of 6 newcomers that would be revealed at E3, he got 3 on them on that same event, with the other 3 next year. Absolutely nobody else on the internet expected those six at once, two at best, but not all 6. This is evidence that this person is way too lucky and might actually know more than everyone else, even going as far as having the correct names for all of them (Wii Fit Trainer, Mii Fighter). Well, some see it that way, but there is absolutely no way to convince you otherwise. There is simple no other explanation. In a globalized world, he couldnt have met someone who knew stuff, he could only have gotten that combination of characters out of luck. The fact that the reveal dates do not work out and claims coming at a point where they shouldnt be vague anymore coincide with someone that does not work on the game at this point, and can be theorized that it did knew details but from very early in development. Today we got proof that his leak is not to be trusted as gospel, but how interesting that instead of one FE character we got two. Its possible that at one point Chrom was a candidate but was scrapped in favor of the other two, well before there was any gameplay concept for either. This idea will mean jack **** to you, since you have been convinced for a long time that this is all fake (even in the face of evidence proving otherwise), and no matter what anyone says, you wont change your mind, even if the Chorus Kids and Shulk get confirmed later, confirmation bias will still be in place.
You know what Im going to do? Im going to give it the benefit of doubt, because this thread has taught me to not toss around the word "deconfirmation" lightly.

You mean he picked the heavy hitters like Paluneta, Pac-Man, Mega-man (which were highly requested), and said they would be in E3, yet didn't state which year. If he said which characters would have appeared E3 2013 I may of bought it, but correct me if I'm wrong , didn't he say Little Mac would appear at E3 2013? Also there's the Chrom issue, you don't just say a possible character's a final Smash, maybe part of me bought the whole X and Y thing being a place holder, but you don't just change a character like he apparently did with Chrom. I have no idea if Sal made the list himself and the leaker was real, or the Leaker was giving him a list he made up himself.

But the fact that he picked the most requested character while avoiding the controversial ones like Ridley seems win win if you don't question his legitimacy. I have no hate towards Sal or the so called leaker, the main issue I have is the people who turned what he said into gospel, though saying that, the one's that did believe and stopped likely got burn't the most. I'm just glad people don't have to use the Sal leak as a bingo card for what characters we have left.

Last edited:

Xhampi

Smash Lord

SSB4 new mode confirmed : hungry hungry Ridley, this year on your 3DS and Nintendo Wii U.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman

This... is very, VERY important, I believe. This concretes the argument that Sakurai would cause no confusion and would tell fans outright if their character was deconfirmed.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
This... is very, VERY important, I believe. This concretes the argument that Sakurai would cause no confusion and would tell fans outright if their character was deconfirmed.
Now all we need is some clarification of Dark Pit.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I think Dark Pit would be an AT or stage hazard on Palutena's Temple, although that might just be me thinking it would be too biased, escpecially because Sakurai stopped himself from putting Dedede in smash 64 and Melee before caving in Brawl
I highly doubt that Dark Pit would be made his own separate character.

My personal rule of thumb is that if a character looks exactly the same as another character under the effects of a metal box, there's little to no chance of that character making it in. What would the palette swaps even look like?

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Now all we need is some clarification of Dark Pit.
Hmm... There's Mr. Game & Watch too, though at least he's a two-time veteran so it's all but obvious he'll be back. Still odd he wasn't confirmed yet.

Also now that we have Lucina, it wouldn't surprise me if we got Dark Pit as a clone.

Heck, maybe we'll get Ridley with Roidley as a separate clone character! :awesome:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
From what I gathered, you are saying not all employees know about which characters are in the game? Don't want to seem rude but that is crazy, and if he only knows about characters being discussed, then why the hell hasn't he considered 'These characters might not be playable if they are only being discussed about'
Namco is a large place, not only they have plenty of developers, they are also working on multiple games at once. The idea that some employees do not get access to recent game builds is hardly crazy. As for his choice of words and confidence, thats something only he knows.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman

glorious, 10/4

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Namco is a large place, not only they have plenty of developers, they are also working on multiple games at once. The idea that some employees do not get access to recent game builds is hardly crazy. As for his choice of words and confidence, thats something only he knows.
that only points out half of my question, why didn't the leaker think about the possibility of some characters changing roles

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Have some concept art of Dark Meta Ridley.
Could someone post that other version of this image? One with Meta Ridley designed like something between a zombie, Meta Ridley and a dromeosaur.

WHEEEEEEEEEE?

Captain Falcon went to Roidley`s gym and became even more buff/bulky/muscular/whatever. In Sm8sh, he will be like...any of DBZ characters. But whatever. ZSS has bulky heels that actually are practical, but no one cares about that because it doesn't matters for some reasons? NO WAI!

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I'm slightly more confident in ridley being playable after this mornings announcement. As during the Smash direct we got 4 trivia trophies shown off and so far two of those franchises received new characters from those exact games. They showed off Tiki from fire emblem awakening and today we got lucina and robin from that game, and psuedo palutena lead to the real palutena. They showed the Ki hunter hive from other M so i'm assuming other M ridley is playable and that what we saw in the direct was either ridley using one of his specials that allow him to fly, or him during his post final smash activating.

Top Bottom