• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Ridley will probably a very large but agile target. who will have slow but hard hitting attacks with armor. He will basically be like the aerial version of smash 4 bowser. Will be able to breath fire, have a move similar to MK's drill rush, maybe a counter or command grab, and be able to fly for a brief period of time similar to Pit's only Up-B

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I don't believe any of the leaks, and we don't have any reason to believe Ridley is not playable, leaks or no leaks. I merely reposted because someone wanted to know what it was. I think Ridley's in, but we won't know for sure until Sakurai says so.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't believe any of the leaks, and we don't have any reason to believe Ridley is not playable, leaks or no leaks. I merely reposted because someone wanted to know what it was. I think Ridley's in, but we won't know for sure until Sakurai says so.
Sorry, its just, the only legitimate leak has now been BRUTALLY slaughtered, and people are still trying to find other leaks to have faith in? Thank you for clarifying.

Crocovile

Smash Apprentice

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
It's been a while since I've used a tablet, so there's bound to be some oddities here and there as I go along.
Besides, ever seen a Quetzalcoatlus? Those things were huge. I find it mindboggling how those things were able to take off and fly under their own power.

http://pterosaurheresies.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/quetzalcoatlus-giraffe.jpg
Simple. The universe's gravity has been steadily increasing. In millions of years, albatrosses won't be able to fly. :4diddy:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Never mind, found one!
Can we make this the new real talk song?

Last edited:

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Sorry, its just, the only legitimate leak has now been BRUTALLY slaughtered, and people are still trying to find other leaks to have faith in? Thank you for clarifying.
It's ok, I figured I would say that because people would flock to the next thing that's not totally murdered. Besides, the roster's been set for a while, leaks or no leaks. It's not like Ridley is booted by Lucina any more than by Megaman or Palutena if he doesn't get in.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
I got an idea for a villain trailer
Trailer starts on the star festival from mario galaxy, all the good guys from smash are there, we see all the womans hanging out, the heroes talking, etc, then we see mario and peach on the castle, peach and mario are looking at the stars until they notice something moving, then it turns out that the object is bowser's ship, bowser sends his minions to destroy the kingdom and the heroes start fightning bowser's soldiers, bowser then opens some dark portals where enemies from other series appears like stalfos, space pirates, waddle dees, etc, mario arrives to bowser's ship and starts fightning him, bowser kicks mario and luigi goes to help him but Wario appears "Wario rides to the battle" and starts fightning luigi, kirby sees some waddle dees stealing some food from the castle and tries to stop them but is attacked by king dedede, then we see marth beating a stalfo but is surrounded by the meta knights with meta knight suddenly appearing "Meta Knights slashs the battlefield", then we see fox running but wolf shoots him with his blaster, "Wolf is going to finish you, we see zelda and link encountering ganondorf along with some stalfos "Ganondorf steals the spot light", then we see some gameplay of meta knight, wario, wolf and Ganondorf, then we see DK and Diddy Kong beating some goombas, suddenly, cannon balls starts falling from the sky, DK and Diddy spot a pirate ship where King K Rool appears "King K Rool krushes the kompetition", Kritters and space pirates start falling from the sky and Charizard and Lucario jump to attack them but they are stopped mid air, they turn and mewtwo appears "Mewtwo strikes back", he throws Lucario and Charizard to the lake, he laughs and sents pokemons like haunter, chandelure, etc to attack the heroes, then we see Samus dodging some fire balls, then we see Ridley from the sky, "Ridley hunts the smashers", we see some gameplay trailer from mewtwo, ridley and king K rool, we finally see Palutena on a cliff with a serious expression, Pit arrives and asks Palutena what's wrong with her, Palutena says "she is here", trailer ends or so we think, Medusa scratches the screen like Hades did in Uprising, "Medusa fills the field with darkness", we see some gameplay trailer and we finally see Bowser,Wolf, Ganondorf, Dedede, King K Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo, Meta Knight, Wario and Medusa together, we see them smirking and we finally see Mario, Link, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Samus, Pikachu,Fox, Marth, Luigi and Palutena walking together towards them then they start running toward each other and the trailer ends

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I wouldnt say the leak is slaughtered.. just look at how much its gotten right. It looks like to me that the leaker got old information hence why greninja was just some new pokemon and chrom was still in thoughts for being a newcomer. I still feel that we will get shulk and chorus kids, with or without chrom. The rhythm heaven icon makes the kids almost a shoe in.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
R
Trailer starts on the star festival from mario galaxy, all the good guys from smash are there, we see all the womans hanging out, the heroes talking, etc, then we see mario and peach on the castle, peach and mario are looking at the stars until they notice something moving, then it turns out that the object is bowser's ship, bowser sends his minions to destroy the kingdom and the heroes start fightning bowser's soldiers, bowser then opens some dark portals where enemies from other series appears like stalfos, space pirates, waddle dees, etc, mario arrives to bowser's ship and starts fightning him, bowser kicks mario and luigi goes to help him but Wario appears "Wario rides to the battle" and starts fightning luigi, kirby sees some waddle dees stealing some food from the castle and tries to stop them but is attacked by king dedede, then we see marth beating a stalfo but is surrounded by the meta knights with meta knight suddenly appearing "Meta Knights slashs the battlefield", we see zelda and link encountering ganondorf along with some stalfos "Ganondorf steals the spot light", then we see some gameplay of meta knight, wario and Ganondorf, then we see DK and Diddy Kong beating some goombas, suddenly, cannon balls starts falling from the sky, DK and Diddy spot a pirate ship where King K Rool appears "King K Rool krushes the kompetition", Kritters and space pirates start falling from the sky and Charizard and Lucario jump to attack them but they are stopped mid air, they turn and mewtwo appears "Mewtwo strikes back", he throws Lucario and Charizard to the lake, he laughs and sents pokemons like haunter, chandelure, etc to attack the heroes, then we see Samus dodging some fire balls, then we see Ridley from the sky, "Ridley hunts the smashers", we see some gameplay trailer from mewtwo, ridley and king K rool, we finally see Palutena on a cliff with a serious expression, Pit arrives and asks Palutena what's wrong with her, Palutena says "she is here", trailer ends or so we think, Medusa scratches the screen like Hades did in Uprising, "Medusa fills the field with darkness", we see some gameplay trailer and we finally see Bowser, Ganondorf, Dedede, King K Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo, Meta Knight, Wario and Medusa together, we see them smirking and we finally see Mario, Link, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Samus, Pikachu, Marth, Luigi and Palutena walking together towards them then they start running toward each other and the trailer ends
Ridley has to be last or else it doesn't work, that's just how it rolls.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Trailer starts on the star festival from mario galaxy, all the good guys from smash are there, we see all the womans hanging out, the heroes talking, etc, then we see mario and peach on the castle, peach and mario are looking at the stars until they notice something moving, then it turns out that the object is bowser's ship, bowser sends his minions to destroy the kingdom and the heroes start fightning bowser's soldiers, bowser then opens some dark portals where enemies from other series appears like stalfos, space pirates, waddle dees, etc, mario arrives to bowser's ship and starts fightning him, bowser kicks mario and luigi goes to help him but Wario appears "Wario rides to the battle" and starts fightning luigi, kirby sees some waddle dees stealing some food from the castle and tries to stop them but is attacked by king dedede, then we see marth beating a stalfo but is surrounded by the meta knights with meta knight suddenly appearing "Meta Knights slashs the battlefield", we see zelda and link encountering ganondorf along with some stalfos "Ganondorf steals the spot light", then we see some gameplay of meta knight, wario and Ganondorf, then we see DK and Diddy Kong beating some goombas, suddenly, cannon balls starts falling from the sky, DK and Diddy spot a pirate ship where King K Rool appears "King K Rool krushes the kompetition", Kritters and space pirates start falling from the sky and Charizard and Lucario jump to attack them but they are stopped mid air, they turn and mewtwo appears "Mewtwo strikes back", he throws Lucario and Charizard to the lake, he laughs and sents pokemons like haunter, chandelure, etc to attack the heroes, then we see Samus dodging some fire balls, then we see Ridley from the sky, "Ridley hunts the smashers", we see some gameplay trailer from mewtwo, ridley and king K rool, we finally see Palutena on a cliff with a serious expression, Pit arrives and asks Palutena what's wrong with her, Palutena says "she is here", trailer ends or so we think, Medusa scratches the screen like Hades did in Uprising, "Medusa fills the field with darkness", we see some gameplay trailer and we finally see Bowser, Ganondorf, Dedede, King K Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo, Meta Knight, Wario and Medusa together, we see them smirking and we finally see Mario, Link, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Samus, Pikachu, Marth, Luigi and Palutena walking together towards them then they start running toward each other and the trailer ends
this...

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Today will be remembered as the day, the day on which people hopes for a non gematsu character so that a shining ray of hope may appear for any wanted newcomers. We got something more than we could hope for. The Gematsu ship was completely sunken due to Chrom not being playable. Smashers everyone rejoiced and Ridley roared a mighty roar as he swooped down and high fived everyone and ate Shokio's face off and gave it to his pet, Masahiro Unprectable.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
It's been a while since I've used a tablet, so there's bound to be some oddities here and there as I go along.
Besides, ever seen a Quetzalcoatlus? Those things were huge. I find it mindboggling how those things were able to take off and fly under their own power.

http://pterosaurheresies.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/quetzalcoatlus-giraffe.jpg
Well, it will be harder for Ridley to bite something with such beak and i saw that pterosaur a lot of times. It is even more mindboggling how all of those dinosaurs even existed and then went extinct after a rock fell...Or how Ridley, a character with such personality, have so many fans. Or that i thought that Samus was a guy and Ridley was a normal dragon/pterosaur thing and not space dragon/pterosaur thing...and that he is playable...

Peoples still believe this 2 leaks? Duh...sure, he got something right, but when leaks has something wrong EVEN ONCE, especially if it is something major like well i don`t know...A PLAYABLE CHARACTER, then this leak is false. No excuses. It doesn`t affects chances of ANY characters, it just shows who is an idiot and who isn`t. And i hate those idiots. More than Pichu (its just something personal...). But not as much as toobigots.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, it will be harder for Ridley to bite something with such beak and i saw that pterosaur a lot of times. It is even more mindboggling how all of those dinosaurs even existed and then went extinct after a rock fell...Or how Ridley, a character with such personality, have so many fans. Or that i thought that Samus was a guy and Ridley was a normal dragon/pterosaur thing and not space dragon/pterosaur thing...and that he is playable...

Peoples still believe this 2 leaks? Duh...sure, he got something right, but when leaks has something wrong EVEN ONCE, especially if it is something major like well i don`t know...A PLAYABLE CHARACTER, then this leak is false. No excuses. It doesn`t affects chances of ANY characters, it just shows who is an idiot and who isn`t. And i hate those idiots. More than Pichu (its just something personal...). But not as much as toobigots.
Pterasaurs weren't dinosaurs

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Trailer starts on the star festival from mario galaxy, all the good guys from smash are there, we see all the womans hanging out, the heroes talking, etc, then we see mario and peach on the castle, peach and mario are looking at the stars until they notice something moving, then it turns out that the object is bowser's ship, bowser sends his minions to destroy the kingdom and the heroes start fightning bowser's soldiers, bowser then opens some dark portals where enemies from other series appears like stalfos, space pirates, waddle dees, etc, mario arrives to bowser's ship and starts fightning him, bowser kicks mario and luigi goes to help him but Wario appears "Wario rides to the battle" and starts fightning luigi, kirby sees some waddle dees stealing some food from the castle and tries to stop them but is attacked by king dedede, then we see marth beating a stalfo but is surrounded by the meta knights with meta knight suddenly appearing "Meta Knights slashs the battlefield", then we see fox running but wolf shoots him with his blaster, "Wolf is going to finish you, we see zelda and link encountering ganondorf along with some stalfos "Ganondorf steals the spot light", then we see some gameplay of meta knight, wario, wolf and Ganondorf, then we see DK and Diddy Kong beating some goombas, suddenly, cannon balls starts falling from the sky, DK and Diddy spot a pirate ship where King K Rool appears "King K Rool krushes the kompetition", Kritters and space pirates start falling from the sky and Charizard and Lucario jump to attack them but they are stopped mid air, they turn and mewtwo appears "Mewtwo strikes back", he throws Lucario and Charizard to the lake, he laughs and sents pokemons like haunter, chandelure, etc to attack the heroes, then we see Samus dodging some fire balls, then we see Ridley from the sky, "Ridley hunts the smashers", we see some gameplay trailer from mewtwo, ridley and king K rool, we finally see Palutena on a cliff with a serious expression, Pit arrives and asks Palutena what's wrong with her, Palutena says "she is here", trailer ends or so we think, Medusa scratches the screen like Hades did in Uprising, "Medusa fills the field with darkness", we see some gameplay trailer and we finally see Bowser, Ganondorf, Dedede, King K Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo, Meta Knight, Wario and Medusa together, we see them smirking and we finally see Mario, Link, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Samus, Pikachu, Marth, Luigi and Palutena walking together towards them then they start running toward each other and the trailer ends
All it needs is wolf

Zuba Oki

Smash Apprentice
Guys, I have a feeling that Sakurai is "saving the best for last." Sakurai has put out a shadow of Ridley. He has messed with Greninja's hands to look like Mewtwo's hands and there are Kremlins in Smash Run. I think this could mean that he is saving the most want people for the very end

Crocovile

Smash Apprentice
BaganSmashBros said:
Well, I did base the beak more on this little critter: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c7/Rhamph_DB.jpg
Just a bit more stylised and angular. Probably should have put in some more teeth though.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Pterasaurs weren't dinosaurs
I was not talking about pterosaurs. I was talking about just dinosaurs. They are more impressive than pterosaurs. And look better.
Well, I did base the beak more on this little critter: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c7/Rhamph_DB.jpg
Just a bit more stylised and angular. Probably should have put in some more teeth though.
This pterosaur's beak/skull/jaws/mouth looks a lot like Roidley's. Anyway, that version of Ridley's beak you used before looked better.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Don't you dare associate the greatness that is Groose with such people.
I hated Groose at first, then he grew on me (just like he did on everyone else) maybe toobigots will be our best buddies ever after Ridley gets revealed.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
So, does that mean that Ridley, King K. Rool, and Mewtwo are the last "To be announced' newcomers?
If so, let it be in August. And I hope it''s our ideas that lead to the trailer's approval.
Edit:
I hated Groose at first, then he grew on me (just like he did on everyone else) maybe toobigots will be our best buddies ever after Ridley gets revealed.
That's how everyone felt about Groose. Mainly because that's what was going through the Link/Zelda shipper's heads.
Link&ZeldaJr said:
GOSH DARN CUCCOBLOCKER, STEALING LINK'S REWARD!

Last edited:

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042

Yeah agreed, though the first "leak" is technically correct and may have actually been a leak, after that Sal's tipster seemed to be making stuff up after that. He can't just completely ignore some characters and claim one is playable when they end up not and expect people to still believe him

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
You think we could abduct Andre or Derrick from GameXplain here and convince them of Lord Ridley's Regime?

huehuehuehue

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
Add me to the list of Ridley supporters!

I really want to see how Ridley would work in Smash and Metroid needs more representation and Ridley's the best representative.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Nah, Derrick himself mentioned he wouldn't mind Ridley if i'm not mistaken

But we must get Andre for the pokeymanz butchering
Nah, they would love if he was in, BUT they don't believe he's in. We need to spread hope and space pirate spirit to everyone!
Add me to the list of Ridley supporters!

I really want to see how Ridley would work in Smash and Metroid needs more representation and Ridley's the best representative.
Don't drink the water. We have no list.

Last edited:
Top Bottom