• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
So, Ridley.

How do you guys feel about what might be the new model for Ridley, after looking at his shadow? Some have said that it's probably a mix of the classic look and the Other M look.

Me, personally I'm growing fond of the Other M appearance, Sorry, AndreaAC.
32A571_0D988CE239114_001.gif

"What can I do about it? Everyone has their preferences."

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
My other theory for why Roidley didn't show up to E3 is because he saw a McDonalds on the way

And he was all like "Oh boy, I hope they have that toy I'm missing!"

They didn't.
It went up in flames and a glorious explosion.
And Roidley ATE. ALL. THE. HAPPY MEALS.

But alas, no-one's meal was happy that day.

Last edited:

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
You know, if he's in, he's going to feel so great to play as. Just imagine controlling a giant, dragon-like, combat ready creature. It's going to feel way more satisfying than shooting fireballs with an Italian plumber.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
If you were to do something like that, it would also probably be worth mentioning stuff like Sakurai's typical method of de-confirming characters, how he's hinted at certain newcomers, and how the Ridley "boss" does not act at all like a Smash boss.

You clearly have good tastes. Have you joined the Robin support thread yet?
Not yet, but I should. Unfortunately, he/she is all but disconfirmed. His/Her only hope is gematsu is fake, which I doubt. Ridley on the other hand, is looking pretty likely.

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
I saw this on Reddit and thought it should be mentioned here. Some guy got a Super Mushroom item while fighting the Ridley boss in the Brawl adventure mode. The size of Ridley looks pretty plausible in this picture if we say that Samus is her normal size.

That's awesome, I keep picturing Samus in his spot with his tail and wings staying and fitting the suit more, or stay the same, it's a nice color contrast, haha

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Something like this? Granted, the Pirates in Prime likely aren't Zebesians, but concept Omega Ridley has the leg proportions and such of the Pirate Commandos.

.. basketball?

What's Ridley's favorite pizza topping?
They're a bit chubby. Ridley needs to be thinner in all sorts of places, and a Zebesian-esque look looks best on him in my opinion.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Since make my face move with unusual expressions, I guess I have to bring this now.

The most awkward shipping possible is this:

With This:

Really, it's just too awkward to be talked so, let's not do that ok?
That's...that's certainly a ship.

Personally, the most awkward ships involving Ridley are Ridley/Samus (Not only due to the dead parents thing, but Ridley knowing Samus since she was a baby) and Ridley/Mother Brain (self explanatory)

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Can't stay awake any longer. See you all tommorow on the Ridley official character thread and I don't want to wake up to 500 missed pages.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
If/When Ridley is revealed (tommorow?) I will post a picture here of me losing my ****

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Not yet, but I should. Unfortunately, he/she is all but disconfirmed. His/Her only hope is gematsu is fake, which I doubt. Ridley on the other hand, is looking pretty likely.
Oh, I think the Gematsu leak is real. But I still think both Robin and Ridley still have a fair chance at making it in. We're dealing with a leak that has leaked only limited and outdated information. The possibility of inaccuracies or missed details is a real possibility, I think.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Since make my face move with unusual expressions, I guess I have to bring this now.

With This:

I would rather ship

And

Hmm hmm, yes please

D

Deleted member

With This:

TOO LATE

Ridley X Flurrie?

A Special Edition Package just for our Paper Mario Fans out there!

Next Ridley Shipping Please! :awesome:

Last edited by a moderator:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
001.gif

Thanks for the compliments and likes to my sketchy drawings....but I think my sadness is showing off...well, here you have it...another interaction between these two after a while.....

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
The only time I hate this thread, is when we get into emotional Ridley and wanting him to have a romance with other charcters. I am in that phase right now.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I posted this on the character thread after Sal said Shulk tommorow. I feel as though some of you may like to see it

WAIT A MINUTE.

Treehouse people said they have had access to newer builds at E3. But they never explicitly said all of the characters... What if a treehouse rep is sal's leaker. Crazy I know, but here me out, it lines up.

If not a treehouse person, at least somehow involved near that area. It lines up 100%.

• Treehouse gets builds every few months as said at E3, Sal leaked two different sets of characters... from different build maybe?
  • Treehouse people have some word in game development, they would know if Lucas was being debated
  • It's not too much of a stretch to assume that they tell Treehouse reps just a little in advance about the videos and announcements
  • They still have not received the final build of the game yet obviously, which would include secret characters. SO of course he would not know the rest.
  • This also explains why Sal's leaker hasn't given any context of who else is playable. IF he said he tried an early demo, then Nintendo would know exactly where those demos are... at the Treehouse!
  • I'm not saying it's one of those people at E3. I am saying that the most likely scenario at this point is that someone who at least works in that building is Sal's Leaker.
  • One of the BIGGEST reasons for this entire theory is how they knew about 5 characters at E3 LAST YEAR. They likely got a very early build and were just told some of these characters would be revealed at E3 2013. Sal's leaker then just takes all those characters, and sends them to Sal. BOOM.
This is an insane Theory that may be way out there, but after Sal's leaker knowing Shulk will be revealed tommorow, it just all fits together like puzzle pieces.

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
Well fellow Space Pirates, there is 10 more hours until the new character. Regardless of it being Ridley or not do you have any final words to say?

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I posted this on the character thread after Sal said Shulk tommorow. I feel as though some of you may like to see it

WAIT A MINUTE.

Treehouse people said they have had access to newer builds at E3. But they never explicitly said all of the characters... What if a treehouse rep is sal's leaker. Crazy I know, but here me out, it lines up.

If not a treehouse person, at least somehow involved near that area. It lines up 100%.

• Treehouse gets builds every few months as said at E3, Sal leaked two different sets of characters... from different build maybe?
  • Treehouse people have some word in game development, they would know if Lucas was being debated
  • It's not too much of a stretch to assume that they tell Treehouse reps just a little in advance about the videos and announcements
  • They still have not received the final build of the game yet obviously, which would include secret characters. SO of course he would not know the rest.
  • This also explains why Sal's leaker hasn't given any context of who else is playable. IF he said he tried an early demo, then Nintendo would know exactly where those demos are... at the Treehouse!
  • I'm not saying it's one of those people at E3. I am saying that the most likely scenario at this point is that someone who at least works in that building is Sal's Leaker.
  • One of the BIGGEST reasons for this entire theory is how they knew about 5 characters at E3 LAST YEAR. They likely got a very early build and were just told some of these characters would be revealed at E3 2013. Sal's leaker then just takes all those characters, and sends them to Sal. BOOM.
This is an insane Theory that may be way out there, but after Sal's leaker knowing Shulk will be revealed tommorow, it just all fits together like puzzle pieces.
This is an interesting theory, but I do have a question about it. If the leaker got his batches of newcomers from two different demo builds, where does "Pokemon from X and Y" fit in? This is clearly referring to the slot reserved for such a Pokemon before Greninja was announced, so how did the leaker know about the existence of this slot without knowing that it was Greninja?

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
Why is it officially Shulk now? I mean I know his chances were the best, but still couldn't it be Ridley or whoever? also did Nintendo make some sort announcement at EVO or are they going to or something?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The whole thing is fishy. Why now all of a sudden when everyone ALREADY believes Shulk is the reveal does Sal's leaker say its Shulk? I mean, it would help his case more if he announced this a couple weeks ago, but nope, night before he announces it. Everyone already believed it was Shulk anyway! It doesn't mean anything.

This whole thing is stupid and now people are going to freak out over it... when most people already believed Shulk was the Monday rep at this point anyway. And now we're getting **** in other threads AGAIN stating that "Gematsu is Gospel" and "Gematsu is all the newcomers." I saw this in the Isaac thread already.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
This is an interesting theory, but I do have a question about it. If the leaker got his batches of newcomers from two different demo builds, where does "Pokemon from X and Y" fit in? This is clearly referring to the slot reserved for such a Pokemon before Greninja was announced, so how did the leaker know about the existence of this slot without knowing that it was Greninja?
That's the only thing I cannot explain. I could see "Treehouse" being told that there next build would include chorus men and all those + "some pokemon from x/y" so Sal then leaks that.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If the email is not a troll.

Well we will have to wait a little bit longer then. For are ridley gameplay. So i hope someone else gets confirmed with shulk (a beteran.)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If the email is not a troll.

Well we will have to wait a little bit longer then. For are ridley gameplay. So i hope someone else gets confirmed with shulk (a beteran.)
There's no way to prove or disprove it was an actual leak. Almost everyone has already come to the conclusion that we have Monado Monday at this point. The general consensus I keep seeing is: "Expect Shulk, but don't be surprised if its not Shulk."

D

Deleted member

Why is it officially Shulk now? I mean I know his chances were the best, but still couldn't it be Ridley or whoever? also did Nintendo make some sort announcement at EVO or are they going to or something?
Reggie did a little speech basically saying how he and Nintendo were incredibly happy that the Smash Community continued to fervently support the Smash Series.

He also said "No Johns", a nod to the competitive community which shows that at least someone at Nintendo has started paying attention to the community.

Megazero64

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm going to stay up all night and watch the timer and wait for the reveal. now you may think that I'm crazy for doing this but that's just it. I AM CRAZY! For smash that is :)

Yugimoto-D

Smash Rookie
NNID
YetAnotherMask
I really hope is not Shulk tomorrow. The Gematsu leak makes me sad when it comes to Ridley's chances. (It makes me paranoid)

I just wish the game would be released soon in Japan so I can know what's happening with the character. ;_; The wait is taking its told on me.

Top Bottom