• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
WOW that was a lot to catch up on. I leave for like two days and get 20+ pages behind. Is this because of the newcomer on monday? Hoping for Ridley, but expecting Shulk. So did I miss much while I was gone? I mostly skimmed through what I missed.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
To the Ridley thread brigade: out of curiosity, if a Gematsu character is revealed tomorrow, will this effect your expectations of Ridley being in the game at all?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
To the Ridley thread brigade: out of curiosity, if a Gematsu character is revealed tomorrow, will this effect your expectations of Ridley being in the game at all?
No. Gematsu is not all the newcomers. And Ridley seems like a likely secret character.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Minor update for the Ridley plush, now the bendable skeleton has arms! So, now I can find out whether it is accurate to scale or not.

Does this look like his body proportions are correct?
:3 I say they are correct...

tumblr_n2vl2mPVgF1rdsyzho1_500.gif

he's going to look lovely as a plushie! so, don't worry!

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Not much, I believe Gematsu, but I don't think that's all the newcomers that are left. I'm guessing that we maybe have 3-4 characters left to announce (including the Gematsu-leaked ones), and I don't expect as many newcomers in this game anyways.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Perhaps it would slightly lower his chances, in my eyes, simply because there's less space on the roster for him. But aside from that, I think Ridley's chances would be largely unaffected.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Hey, there's one thing I just noticed that's unlucky and could be good at the same time.

My most wanted is Paper Mario followed by Ridley. I just noticed that their inclusion were both to some extent "controversial". The former is believed to be a clone while he's a side version and the later is believed to not be able to be resized due to him being a boss in his game.

I'm probably one of a really unlucky guy to care about those two but I realised something that would just be ironic for both.

If Ridley is revealed, I can assume that people will get used to it and understand that the argument was a false belief. Same for Paper Mario since the trailer revealing him would most likely contradicts the clone potential. In other words, hate but opposite if revealed. Don't you feel it's the world upside down?

No seriously. I'm saying this because it's actually a reason for me to want those more.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
So what character do people think might be revealed tommorow besides the obvious shulk or Ridley?
That's it really.

Though I love me some Space Dragons, I feel that a Fire Emblem character will be unveiled tomorrow.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Not really, but I'm gonna be pissed off if it's either Chrom or Chorus Men.

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I like to think that Ridley cloaks his genitals and then somehow make them an invulnerable spot, Lord knows Samus would take advantage of a weak spot such as that if he didn't do so.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Just had a random thought. I feel really bad for new people who are directed to this thread only to happen upon a conversation involving Ridley's genitals or shipping shenanigans.

Then again they might as well be introduced to the insanity from the get-go.
That's another reason to put my essay in the OP as it explains those and the shokio video.

Hey, that could be a good idea but might just be asking too much for new people since it's so long.

EDIT: not the shipping and I don't want to know.

Last edited:

BeakyBird

Smash Apprentice
Not to give false hope or anything, but there's a slight chance Shulk may not be revealed tomorrow. We know that the creators of Xenoblade have retweeted the announcement for Monday, yes, but all that tells us is that Shulk is very likely in the game. We do not, however, know if Nintendo/Sakurai would contact them and say "Hey, we're revealing Shulk on Monday." They might know that Shulk is in, and they may have been involved in his creation in some way, but when he's revealed and all that jazz is not up to them. Maybe they guessed just like we all did.

Could also be an orchestrated bait-and-switch. If the newcomer is NOT Shulk... I dunno. A special reveal, outside of directs and possibly aimed at the crowd from EVO? Let's not jump to conclusions but if it's not Shulk it might very well be Ridley. You never know. All in all I'd say expect Shulk. If it's Ridley instead, you won't be disappointed. :D

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
That's another reason to put my essay in the OP as it explains those and the shokio video.

Hey, that could be a good idea but might just be asking too much for new people since it's so long.

EDIT: not the shipping and I don't want to know.
We could always make a video of your essays.

UNRELATED:
When people say Ridley will be a clone just remember:

Too fat, man. Twigley is more likely than this.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Hey, there's one thing I just noticed that's unlucky and could be good at the same time.

My most wanted is Paper Mario followed by Ridley. I just noticed that their inclusion were both to some extent "controversial". The former is believed to be a clone while he's a side version and the later is believed to not be able to be resized due to him being a boss in his game.

I'm probably one of a really unlucky guy to care about those two but I realised something that would just be ironic for both.

If Ridley is revealed, I can assume that people will get used to it and understand that the argument was a false belief. Same for Paper Mario since the trailer revealing him would most likely contradicts the clone potential. In other words, hate but opposite if revealed. Don't you feel it's the world upside down?

No seriously. I'm saying this because it's actually a reason for me to want those more.
What is it with people immidiately assuming characters would be clones? DK with Diddy, Rosalina with peach, greninja with shiek, paper mario with mario, mega man with samus, and of course Ridley with charizard. Why do so many people immediately assume that any two characters with similar body types must be clones?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I don't know what reason I want Ridley more for now.

One of my favorite Nintendo Characters is now in Smash Brothers

or

to see people's reactions when they realize how stupid their arguments were and how we were right all along

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
What if Ridley met one of his other iterations? How would that go about? Let's say Super Metroid Ridley, and Clone Ridley.

"Why, you're me...and I'm you...You do know that, don't you?"

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
yeah but the logic I used for the shadow in the direct was... kinda hard to explain. You could try anyway.

There is no way I can do a disprovement video alone. I'm gonna need support if anyone wants to help, if we're doing this.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
yeah but the logic I used for the shadow in the direct was... kinda hard to explain. You could try anyway.
I may try, People say I have a nice voice. I just don't have a good mic. I could find a way though. If I made one of your essay, I would include some of the evidence people seem to forget in their videos, such as shadow evidence, and logic for example.

D

Deleted member

What if Ridley met one of his other iterations? How would that go about? Let's say Super Metroid Ridley, and Clone Ridley.

"Why, you're me...and I'm you...You do know that, don't you?"
I take it you haven't seen @ AndreaAC AndreaAC 's artwork of Ridley and Roidley (assuming that is who you mean by "Clone Ridley").

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I may try, People say I have a nice voice. I just don't have a good mic. I could find a way though. If I made one of your essay, I would include some of the evidence people seem to forget in their videos, such as shadow evidence, and logic for example.
If you were to do something like that, it would also probably be worth mentioning stuff like Sakurai's typical method of de-confirming characters, how he's hinted at certain newcomers, and how the Ridley "boss" does not act at all like a Smash boss.

Such a better choice than Chrom. More unique and the actual main character of awakening. Stupid Gematsu.
You clearly have good tastes. Have you joined the Robin support thread yet?

D

Deleted member

View attachment 18092
"PLEASE, NOT THE GENDER DISCUSSION AGAIN!"
Really....I don't want to spit my grape juice again....
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Ridley's a woman and the entire plot line of Metroid is because Ridley is jealous of Samus taking the love of all her space pirates away from her.
:awesome:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Nintendo doesn't draw genitals on its characters. Heck, a lot of game companies don't. And I don't blame them. It isn't really necessary in most cases anyways. Most.

I mean, Ganondorf's bulge in Melee was completely necessary. But nobody in the Nintendo universe, including Ridley, needs that kind of stuff on them, visually.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

I really like both Paper Mario and Ridley, but I don't think most people would think Paper Mario will end up as a Mario clone. Why? Because unlike Toon Link, Paper Mario has his own physics and is different enough from the original that you'd have to try hard to make him a clone. I'd be amazed if Sakurai somehow did just that.

It's kind of like assuming that Ridley would be a Charizard clone because they're both dragon-like creatures. Nobody's really expecting Ridley to create boulders out of nowhere and smash them into peoples' faces.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Ridley's a woman and the entire plot line of Metroid is because Ridley is jealous of Samus taking the love of all her space pirates away from her.
:awesome:
WHY YOU- GOD DAMN IT! -__0 ok, I will ignore that...and here's an example of the Ridley and Roidley interactions....I'm the one who came up with the idea in the first place...
SCAN0216.JPG

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Nintendo doesn't draw genitals on its characters. Heck, a lot of game companies don't. And I don't blame them. It isn't really necessary in most cases anyways. Most.

I mean, Ganondorf's bulge in Melee was completely necessary. But nobody in the Nintendo universe, including Ridley, needs that kind of stuff on them, visually.
They do if you're writing fanfiction

I agree, it's awkward to see your childhood hero (Ganon) with a large pants bulge.

(Oh god I hope no new people join while we're having this conversation.)

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I love Roidley and Ridley interactions uwu~ <3

pickle962

Smash Lord
Warning Received
You guys do realize he's (Ridley) a boss on PyroSphere right? Sorry to break your pathetic illusions and **** in your frosted flakes, but its the truth! Later chumps ;)

(skip to 7:17)

Last edited:
Top Bottom