• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
There's no way to prove or disprove it was an actual leak. Almost everyone has already come to the conclusion that we have Monado Monday at this point. The general consensus I keep seeing is: "Expect Shulk, but don't be surprised if its not Shulk."
Well yea but it was sal himself who post on page 42 on the new character for July thread sal said he got a email saying enjoy shulk tomorrow .

But yea even with that im not jumping the gun i need proof that sals email is not a :troll:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I wouldn't worry about Sal saying that Shulk will be revealed tomorrow, if I were you all. I think it's good news for characters that weren't leaked by Gematsu.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I mean, come on. Sal didn't even had to say anything. It was so predictable with the whole Monolith tweet.

Although I still wish my idea of Shulk getting a glance at the unlockable newcomers via visions is a thing.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
See, here's the thing. almost everyone already came to the conclusion that we had Monado Monday anyway. If Sal got an email now, all it means is the leaker came to the conclusion everyone else did; that all the teases were directed at Shulk. I mean, anyone who follows Smash news fully believed Monday was mostlikely Shulk. About 5 videos popped up in my Youtube Subscriptions about the Monday reveal, and every one of them said Shulk is mostlikely the case, and everywhere I see, everyone already believes its Shulk, with some people merely hoping its someone else (myself included).

This news means nothing. If the guy leaked it a few months in advance that we'll get a special announcement in July... that would prove it.

So, according to Sal, Shulk is the one who is going to be revealed tomorrow, huh?
I just went to talk with him

@ False Sense False Sense How exactly?
Because if all the Gematsu characters are announced before release, the Gematsu leak is just the list of starting newcomers and third-parties (which are announced before release anyway) and we WILL get secret newcomers. Sakurai has all but confirmed it at this point.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
O___O something wierd happened to me a few moments ago....I was looking some random review by the Nostalgia Critic about a sh+++y movie called Dungeons and Dragons...and one of the protagonists name was Ridley.....a random dude...not even a dragon....I felt so insulted that they used Ridley's name on it that I wished I could punch the dude in the face...that name only belongs to the space dragon I know and love...and well, Ridley Scott....

I can't wait for Majora to say that I'm defending my "waifu".....

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
A reveal trailer for both Shulk and Ridley in which they are both duking it out against each other would be pretty awesome

Last edited:

Megazero64

Smash Apprentice
See, here's the thing. almost everyone already came to the conclusion that we had Monado Monday anyway. If Sal got an email now, all it means is the leaker came to the conclusion everyone else did; that all the teases were directed at Shulk. I mean, anyone who follows Smash news fully believed Monday was mostlikely Shulk. About 5 videos popped up in my Youtube Subscriptions about the Monday reveal, and every one of them said Shulk is mostlikely the case, and everywhere I see, everyone already believes its Shulk, with some people merely hoping its someone else (myself included).

This news means nothing. If the guy leaked it a few months in advance that we'll get a special announcement in July... that would prove it.
well one youtuber that I know said that maybe sakurai might be misleading us like how when tropical freeze came out and everyone was expecting diddy but next thing you know we get little mac.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
A reveal trailer for both Shulk and Ridley in which they are both duking it out against each other would be pretty awesome
I don't think we'll get two newcomers in the same video in this game. Newcomer and a Veteran, maybe.

well one youtuber that I know said that maybe sakurai might be misleading us like how when tropical freeze came out and everyone was expecting diddy but next thing you know we get little mac.
Yeah, I'm aware. Sakurai could be misleading us. (Which would be hilarious, because it would only hurt the leaker.) However, you can't deny that Shulk is the mostlikely, with all the hints and references we've heard.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
As we are nearing the reveal tomorrow, I expect it to be Shulk. I did not get a chance to play Xenoblade, so I am hoping a veteran is revealed with him so I can be excited. The question, is what veteran would work to be revealed with him?

Also, another small update.
Toes added, connections set and a 3ds added to help visualize the size, heh.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Well I'am going to bed, its probably going to be Shulk next, hopefully August will be our month, see ya tomorrow guys & gals.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
O___O something wierd happened to me a few moments ago....I was looking some random review by the Nostalgia Critic about a sh+++y movie called Dungeons and Dragons...and one of the protagonists name was Ridley.....a random dude...not even a dragon....I felt so insulted that they used Ridley's name on it that I wished I could punch the dude in the face...that name only belongs to the space dragon I know and love...and well, Ridley Scott....

I can't wait for Majora to say that I'm defending my "waifu".....
lol I came across that film on TV years before he reviewed it, and was one of the things I thought Ridley (a dragon) got his name from initially (aside from Alien) back when I was more naive. The D&D part is likely coincidental though. But yeah, it was an over-the-top Indiana Jones ripoff with dragons and over-acting... God bless that little trainwreck. I like the one who played "Ridley" in that movie though due to other things he's been in.. Don't hurt me!

AndreaAC

lol I came across that film on TV years before he reviewed it, and was one of the things I thought Ridley (a dragon) got his name from initially (aside from Alien) back when I was more naive. The D&D part is likely coincidental though. But yeah, it was an over-the-top Indiana Jones ripoff with dragons and over-acting... God bless that little trainwreck. I like the one who played "Ridley" in that movie though due to other things he's been in.. Don't hurt me!
-u- I only got a problem with the name the choose for the dude....then I want to punch the writer of that movie in the face...

Last edited:

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman

Because if all the Gematsu characters are announced before release, the Gematsu leak is just the list of starting newcomers and third-parties (which are announced before release anyway) and we WILL get secret newcomers. Sakurai has all but confirmed it at this point.
I am pretty sure Sakurai implied we are having secret newcomers in a interview, he said that all announced newcomers will have trailers, implying that there will be newcomers not revealed.

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
I still refuse to believe that, without a doubt, Shulk *will* be revealed tomorrow instead of another character getting a possible chance. As already mentioned, Sakurai has indeed mislead us before.

Now, I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but remember what Sakurai said about Rids appearing in the first Pyrosphere screenshot?

Pic of the day. Out of the blue, here's a new stage--the Pyrosphere from Metroid: Other M! An enemy from Samus's past may appear at any second…

Well, wouldn't it be interesting if the phrase, "...may appear at any second..." refers to a non-direct based reveal?
In other words, what if Sakurai was actually hinting at the Monday reveal? How cunning.
Personally, I don't think that is quite the case, but I hope I'm wrong.
Again, keep your expectations in check, but hope for the best.

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
I am pretty sure Sakurai implied we are having secret newcomers in a interview, he said that all announced newcomers will have trailers, implying that there will be newcomers not revealed.
Plus he said that we are nearing the end of the newcomers that have videos, Which does mean that there will be more because the way he phrased it he made it sound like there are still a few more.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
My bets are this time we've got less secret newcomers, but we still have secret newcomers in general. I'm also betting at this rate that Ridley will be announced before release only due to the hype, but we'll see. He could be unlockable (and if we hear no word on Ridley before release, I'll be fully confident Ridley is unlockable).

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
well guys we're have around 9 hours until the newcomer. due to evidence hinting at shulk, that is who i expect the most, but im still open minded that it could be anyone. hopefully ridley :)

AndreaAC

As we are nearing the reveal tomorrow, I expect it to be Shulk. I did not get a chance to play Xenoblade, so I am hoping a veteran is revealed with him so I can be excited. The question, is what veteran would work to be revealed with him?

Also, another small update.
Toes added, connections set and a 3ds added to help visualize the size, heh.

:D I can't wait to see more progress on that awesome plushie! You are doing a great job so far!

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
Well I guess it's time for bed, I'm leaving with the hope of Ridley but the expectation of Shulk. (Here's hoping fo Ridley!)

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
What are you guys' favorite Ridley moments?

One of mind is definitely when you see him frozen in Metroid Fusion. As a kid that was a shock to see Ridley there. It's insane how much story was in that game for a game only made of Pixels and no polygons

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584

One of mind is definitely when you see him frozen in Metroid Fusion. As a kid that was a shock to see Ridley there. It's insane how much story was in that game for a game only made of Pixels and no polygons
Gotta love that LOTR-style battle in Corruption, even if it was pretty easy!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Ridley blowing up that ship during the assault on Norion as if it was nothing.

"The day the Space Pirates attacked was the most infamous day in G.F. history."

"...But for Ridley, it was Tuesday."

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The battle against Omega Ridley is my favorite Ridley moment.

Those cutscenes in Metroid Zero Mission of RIdley in its spaceship are kinda nice too.

Lastly, the first encounter with Ridley right in the beginning of Super Metroid is one of my favorite moments in gaming.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I wish he would have waited tomorrow but bad things happens.

I just lost the only worthy reaction I could get and It's not because it's Shulk.

Ridley seems the only one other possible but I'll keep my dreams for Paper Mario because with Sakurai, you'll never know...

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
My first one would have to be when I first saw him in Metroid Prime, when you are escaping the ship and the timer is going down only to see this gigantic as creature to come roaring at you. (When I saw that I was like come on I only have a few minutes and I have to fight another boss)

AndreaAC

mostly every moment with Ridley is my fave....the first time he appeared in Ceres station (the first time I saw him....literally love at first sight...), the when I saw him in the Frigate, his shadow in Phendrana, and the fight itself that I didn't got to do at that time, when I first got to him in the SSE in normal and Meta form, I was nearly destroyed when I saw him broke into pieces in BSL...and the flying shadow I thought it was him (hey...don't blame me, I'm blind..), but I later saw it was just Nightmare...and when I saw him flying in Norion I even said "Isn't he just beautiful...", both the morphball part and the STILL FALLIN' fight....and with Omega, I was just jumping around my room screaming out of happiness...since I got Corruption just to see Ridley and get to that fight....

Yeah....as you already know...I love that gorgeous bast*rdo....

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

Seeing him on the US box art for Super Metroid. When I first laid eyes on that game, I knew I wanted to play it, and it became my first ever game for myself. Oh, and there's also the opening scene where he steals the baby Metroid from the Space Laboratory. I remember imitating his escape by running around in the hallway, my arms open and screaming loudly like he did when I was a little kid.

Oh man, the nostalgia hurts.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340

-When you finally get to fight him in Super Metroid, you see his eye glow and you know only one of you is walking away alive.

-When you see his shadow towering over Phendrana with his ice-covered wings, knowing that you'll have to fight him eventually.

-When you see him in the shaft in Corruption and that freefall fight afterwards (best Ridley fight, IMO)

-When you find out that not even the mighty Ridley was immune to being infected by the X and his frozen remains crumple before your very eyes.

D

Deleted member

Mine would be his glorious grinding of Samus into the walls of the chamber of his first SSE encounter.

...Yeah I haven't played much Metroid...

Oh look! A huge cross and some nails! And oh boy... an angry mob with some hammers to nail them in... all looking at me...

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970

First time I ever saw Ridley. I was so used to seeing Nintendo villains like Bowser, Dedede, etc., villains that, while cool, were rather terrible at being villains. And then I see this: A completely bad@$$ space pirate alien dragon admiring his shiny new claws and how fun it will be to rip you to shreds with them.

And then he immediately jumped to the top of my favorite villains list ;)

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Well....time to go to sleep...I will hope for the best for Ridley...no matter what....

SCAN0181.JPG
Good night....

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
Ya I forgot to mention that too, the shadow in Phendrana that was when I realized that everything that you were doing up to that point he was just watching and waiting for the time to strike. That made me want to fight him even more.

AndreaAC

Rayman a trophie? What is this? Has sakurai watched andrea's Ridley x rayman in this thread??
D:< IT IS NOT A SHIPPING THING! and what do you mean with "Rayman as a trophie"? I don't think Nintendo would even put him as that....he's from Ubisoft...a french company.

WHERE? WHEN? WHY?!

Last edited:

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
D:< IT IS NOT A SHIPPING THING! and what do you mean with "Rayman as a trophie"? I don't think Nintendo would even put him as that....he's from Ubisoft...a french company.

WHERE? WHEN? WHY?!
PotD

This was totally unexpected, it give me hope for more surprises.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

WHERE? WHEN? WHY?!
image.jpg

I'm just as surprised as you are.

So what does this mean for your Ridley and Rayman comic?

EDIT: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So third-party trophies are a thing now... HOLY ****! I think at this point we can guarantee that even if Snake isn't playable this time his trophies will be back...

EDIT: With this unexpected reveal, really makes you wonder if we're getting Shulk after all... (at this announcement)

Last edited:
Top Bottom