• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Were is he will be too scary?

Over all perfect
Damn, I knew I forgot something...

I'll probably add that in over 'speaks in absolutes' next time I update (since that one is a bit redundant with all of the main absolute statements spelled out on their own, plus the opinions as facts bit). Because it came up on GameFAQs, I'll also clarify that 'smaller appearance' refers to Ridley himself, whereas 'instances of downsizing' refers to every other downsized character in and out of Smash.

Myuutsufan4832

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully this cheers you and the rest of this thread up a bit. It'll give you guys something to do while biding your time until Ridley's reveal one way or the other, in any case.

Wow ... now that I think about it ... They really hardly have any common sense about smash ... or Probably anything ...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Hopefully this cheers you and the rest of this thread up a bit. It'll give you guys something to do while biding your time until Ridley's reveal one way or the other, in any case.

I think I got a blackout on this bingo list from yesterday, and half of it was from so-called "Ridley supporters" who turned out to be hipsters or total buttholes.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I also thought about this. Seems pretty wierd to me, too considering almost no character made a step down in any of the Smash titles. But then we again have Mewtwo who is the king of downstepping...
Though to be fair that was more because Sonic was added last minute and most of development time was devoted to SSE.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
According to Miiverse I am "In a State of Denial" for actually giving a thought about why they didn't show or mention Ridley

Why is Miiverse just... the worst place?

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
All the chars will be the same for both games.

Ridley wont be a boss/hazard on 3DS but if hes playable he will be playable for both versions like all other chars.

This facade will officaly come to a end in september the latest when we get our hands on the game.
I know that the characters will be the same I was stating that I don't particularly like Greninja and I thought that someone with more experience in Nintendo games such as Ridley deserves it more than him.

But ya if he is not a character then he might not even appear in a stage on the 3DS version which is what is getting me sad.

Also the game is coming out this summer so we will find out sometime in late June, July or early August.

JediLink

Smash Ace
I hereby formally request that we change the thread title to "It was his tail, not a wing" so that we don't have to keep explaining that it was his tail every page.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I know that the characters will be the same I was stating that I don't particularly like Greninja and I thought that someone with more experience in Nintendo games such as Ridley deserves it more than him.
i thought exactly the same when i saw Greninja revealed, i mean, how could a character that just appeared in one game and has like one year of existence be on Smash than a character that has been around nearly for 30 years from now and has appeared in many more games....and i feel Greninja is just a pokemon version of Sheik....

Last edited:

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
I think the thing that is making me feel even worse about all of the Ridley nonsense that is going on someone that I know constantly tells me that Ridley is too big and now because of the Direct he has been even more-so. The worst part about it the characters that he wants in is just an absolute terrible idea, such as Cranky Kong (sorry to anyone that wanted him in). I think that is the worst part about it.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Hey, is it just me, or does Ridley turn around at the end of that footage?

...That kind of seems like stage hazard movements...

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I think the thing that is making me feel even worse about all of the Ridley nonsense that is going on someone that I know constantly tells me that Ridley is too big and now because of the Direct he has been even more-so. The worst part about it the characters that he wants in is just an absolute terrible idea, such as Cranky Kong (sorry to anyone that wanted him in). I think that is the worst part about it.
I know that feel....some of my friends told me things like that this morning....but they were not so agressive...

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Yeah oasis should add a "?" To the end of the thread title since he truly isn't confirmed to be anything.
Ok im alittle confused now seems like we have divided three ways.

,1. hes disconfirmed

2. hes is not boss on pyrosphere...still has a chance or that was playable Ridley shown...

3. Roidley is a boss and Ridley is playable.

Im #3 What are you or what are you guys?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
That wasn't the real ridley. That was Roidley, The cloned ridley.
I still find it hard to believe that any Ridley other than "Roidley" would actually get into the roster. That's a fairly big inconsistency with designs they'd have on their hands.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

Drew this after watching FeliciaFan444's video......

I have to agree, if OTHER M RIDLEY IS A STAGE HAZARD then it is possible that the ORIGINAL RIDLEY can be playable

Sakurai already stated that Samus and Zero Suit Samus are two different personas....same can be said about Ridley and Roidley.

Other M Ridley can be the stage hazard and Original Ridley can be playable

Ridley is the only character to create a lot of hype in Miiverse, SmashBoards, Youtube and Twitter....I will believe in Ridley and Sakurai until the very end.
People act like it actually is the original ridley but just using a different design like alotta if not all chars do through out sequals for there games.

Other M and Ridley Fusion are Clones!

Heck there is apparently two mewtwo's now....the one in the genesect movie aint the one in the first movie and strikes back movie..

is that true or....ugh....its a clone...sure it would be weired to fight a clone of yourself but its as stupid as if Meta Ridley was the hazard and SM Ridley was playable.

But hey! Smash seems to bend rules to fit its circle so what the hell...still olimar and pikachu and DDD Are to big imo.

Just wait till E3 well thats what im doing.. Sorry not to tell anyone to do something they dont wanna...peepz get pissed....

but yh...''me'' im waiting till E3 if nothing happens then im waiting for leaked early footage/leaked legit roster/release im playing the game to find out i got it.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I think that if playable, Other Ridley is most certainly a hazard/boss and Super Metroid Ridley is playable. Also, what is Zero Suit Samus's design based after. If it is based after a design not from Other M, it could be used pro Super Metroid Ridley is playable.

Ridley1994

Smash Cadet
I really hope we don't have to wait till E3 or beyond for clarification. Sakurai has dragged this situation out long enough. If he had just clarified Ridley's fate instead of being cryptic and ambiguous no one would be arguing about any of this.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think I got a blackout on this bingo list from yesterday, and half of it was from so-called "Ridley supporters" who turned out to be hipsters or total buttholes.
To be fair, while I think Ridley is a boss and not playable, I DO still support him as playable. I just don't think it'll happen.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
I'm not a strong Ridley supporter, and my first thought on seeing the direct was that he was obviously deconfirmed. But after thinking about it for awhile ...

Sakurai clearly knows how popular Ridley is and is teasing us. If Ridley were a stage hazard, it seems Sakurai would show him in his entirety and leave no doubt. Sakurai can be a troll, but like with the ZS Samus thing, it always feels like he gives what people want in the end. It seems unlikely he'd intentionally play with expectations like that only to disappoint fans in the end. It'd just be cruel. When talking about character cuts and things, he's always displayed a certain sensitivity.

I've always been in the "he's too big" camp myself, but the way Sakurai's poking around the matter makes me think he really has something in the works. Best of luck to you all. :)

Last edited:

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
It's good to see a thread like this still has the dedication and support for a character who deserves a spot on the roster.

I won't give up hope just cause there are too many different bits conflicting with itself, but it's hard not to prepare for the worst.

Anyway, keep fighting the good fight guys. If he's out, then let's push harder for the next Smash game.

Until then, Ridley for Smash, and not the god-awful Other M version.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
*Giggles*

I love you guys.
The ones who still have motivation and hope.
You remind of a certain fandom I used to love.

I may not have known you guys that long, but it is just amazing.
Where other supporters just let their characters die, you guys keep pushing on...

There is no point in just calling it quits. What do you accomplished? You not being disappointed? Ok, but now the toobigots have more ammo. And it is way more powerful now. Every moment you are showing weakness is another moment the toobigots gets another one.

It doesn't help to be so depressed on the situation. Who wants to support a character no one has any hopes for? This is where Ridley needs the most support. Most people have given up on him by this point. I don't just mean for Smash 4 and 5. I mean people think he is done for good.

And if he is deconfirmed? So what? It isn't the time to be depressed, it is a time to keep fighting. Fighting with words of encouragement and support.

I may not know Ridley, but I know people who care when I see one. I wished your guys' support could extend to the Lip thread.

It is time to get up and fight, time to show you all care. Ridley needs you guys.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Ok im alittle confused now seems like we have divided three ways.

,1. hes disconfirmed

2. hes is not boss on pyrosphere...still has a chance or that was playable Ridley shown...

3. Roidley is a boss and Ridley is playable.

Im #3 What are you or what are you guys?
Little bit of 2. Little bit of 3.

People act like it actually is the original ridley but just using a different design like alotta if not all chars do through out sequals for there games.

Other M and Ridley Fusion are Clones!

Heck there is apparently two mewtwo's now....the one in the genesect movie aint the one in the first movie and strikes back movie..

is that true or....ugh....its a clone...sure it would be weired to fight a clone of yourself but its as stupid as if Meta Ridley was the hazard and SM Ridley was playable.

But hey! Smash seems to bend rules to fit its circle so what the hell...still olimar and pikachu and DDD Are to big imo.

Just wait till E3 well thats what im doing.. Sorry not to tell anyone to do something they dont wanna...peepz get pissed....

but yh...''me'' im waiting till E3 if nothing happens then im waiting for leaked early footage/leaked legit roster/release im playing the game to find out i got it.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't bother people when they fight with Ditto Foxes. Why would this be different?

Welcome to your first day on the forums? Besides, someone already said that already a couple pages back

majora_787

Smash Hero
Are we really going back to the "Other M Ridley is definitely not playable despite Metroid content being designed generally after Other M" thing again? I mean that's fine, but if we're going to repeat things, could we maybe pick something a little less.... you know?

Like Ridley X. Let's go back to pretending he doesn't look like a Yu-Gi-Oh monster with cancer. /I'm joking about this, but not the first part

Negoksai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Negoksai
3DS FC
3781-0352-9739
Don't lose hope, Ridley still has a chance... He never directly said Ridley would be a stage boss or haard. We must hopeeven if our hope is frail it has not been diminished. At the very least it's possible that he could be playble via a glitchlike in melee

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I'm not an active Ridley supporter, but he is one of my most wanted newcomers. He deserves to be in, and until Sakurai directly says "Ridley is not in Smash" I am not giving up on him. Like many have said, something seems off about how Sakurai showed him. Now, see you all when we have new info on him.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Regardless of whether Sakurai's teasing a playable Ridley reveal or a boss Ridley reveal, he went about it the wrong way. I think his ZSS joke was funny because it was a few seconds of horror followed by a great sense of relief. This is just incredibly drawn out and increasingly painful.

Also, am I the only one that thinks treating Ridley/any other character's support group like an army is a bit...silly?

domriver

Smash Lord
Ridley isn't confirmed as a stage hazard. For all we know his shadow was just a teaser. Rest assured Ridley is very possible still. Till you recieve100% actual confirmation that Ridley is indeed a stage then fine. But as of now he still very possible for being a playable character.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, this thread has seen better days, that's for sure. I'm still in the middle of this. I can see that takes a hit against Ridley's chances. That's pretty freaking obvious. But I still can't help but have some doubts. Mostly that any mention of Ridley is being treated so coyly. I want to say that it's all possibly a part of this build up. Every other Non-playable character is normally deconfirmed from the get-go. Even popular ones like Waluigi and Goroh. It seems strange to hype someone up, and have them be given a minor role.

But then you've got Ridley and Palutena, those have merely been teased over the course of the game's pre-release. It feels like the keys are being dangled right in our faces, that's all. Either way, maybe we'll know for sure if Ridley(along with Palutena)will actually become playable or not by E3 time.....maybe. I feel like we're being bamboozled. Otherwise, it seems weird to act coy about these two and not have them be playable.

I'm still holding out a bit of hope. If Ridley's playable, then that's awesome. If he's not, better luck next time. That's my stance on it.

Myuutsufan4832

Smash Journeyman
Ridley isn't confirmed as a stage hazard. For all we know his shadow was just a teaser. Rest assured Ridley is very possible still. Till you recieve100% actual confirmation that Ridley is indeed a stage then fine. But as of now he still very possible for being a playable character.
*Stage hazard and there are 2 ridleys.

Top Bottom