• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Come on Dunsparce, even I've come around to thinking Other M Ridley will probably be a Stage Boss.
But classic Ridley will still be playable.

Other M Ridley is a clone after all, so it is similar to the Toon Link playable - Conductor Link on Spirit Train thing, where they look alike, represent the same entity, but aren't the same people.

And when Ridley joins the battle, Alfonzo rips open your chest and breaks your legs like a toothpick on the Pyrosphere!

Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"

Mega Dunsparce

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3695-1145-1866
Come on Dunsparce, even I've come around to thinking Other M Ridley will probably be a Stage Boss.
But classic Ridley will still be playable.

Other M Ridley is a clone after all, so it is similar to the Toon Link playable - Conductor Link on Spirit Train thing, where they look alike, represent the same entity, but aren't the same people.

And when Ridley joins the battle, Alfonzo rips open your chest and breaks your legs like a toothpick on the Pyrosphere!

Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"
Didn't read post properly, just saw ridley and boss me go beast mode noobz :p.,

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It is so baffling that the title is even an issue.

Not a single one of you would deny that it is true that Ridley appears on Pyrosphere as a hazard. You can see it you can hear it you can read it. Cold hard fact. But some get all down in the dumps because it doesn't account for "MAAAYBE RIDLEY WILL APPEAR IN ANOTHER CAPACITY I MEAN YOU NEVER KNOW???" Neither I, nor the title, ever denied that, but people can be really Sensitive I guess.

What a joke.

LOOK AT ME BEING NOT EMOTIONAL. I CAN BE LEVEL-HEADED. I GOING TO GO EAT PIZZA AND FLEX MY MUSCLES.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
YOU LIKE EDITING TITLES SO MUCH WHY DONT YOU EDIT THIS TOO HUH I BET YOUD LIKE THAT AS MUCH AS I LIKE THIS HOT STICKY OFF-WHITE/SLIGHTLY YELLOWISH TINGED MESS IN MY MOUTH RIGHT NOW OH ITS SO GOOD.

GOD DAMN IT THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A DOUBLE POST FOR EXTRA HUMOR VALUE

Last edited by a moderator:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Could you make it simply say "Other M Ridley confirmed for Boss Appearance on Pyrosphere."?

I'm pretty sure I, along with many others, would he completely fine with this.
It's not about trying to appease "what others want." Specific version or not, Ridley is Ridley.

Unless you want us to go edit every other thread such as "ORIGINAL SNES STAR FOX ANDROSS CONFIRMED FOR AT"

GOD DAMN IT THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A DOUBLE POST FOR EXTRA HUMOR VALUE
I haven't and am not doing anything to this besides warning it. Fission Mailed.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
LOOK AT ME BEING NOT EMOTIONAL. I CAN BE LEVEL-HEADED. I GOING TO GO EAT PIZZA AND FLEX MY MUSCLES.
At the same time?
Wow, that's some real hardcore manly stuff.

I'm impressed.

It's not about trying to appease "what others want." Specific version or not, Ridley is Ridley.
But isn't that what Christmas Smash is about?
The people?
Or is it about monetary gain?
Or is it a conspiracy to undermine us all?

Probably conspiracy.

I'm just kidding.
I don't care about the title.

Unless you want us to go edit every other thread such as "ORIGINAL SNES STAR FOX ANDROSS CONFIRMED FOR AT"
Yes, and you can start by going to the Mario thread, saying that Non-Powered Up Modern Overalls Mario is confirmed.

Accidental double post.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Do you have any idea how annoying it is for Ismar to have to go and edit your posts just because of a simple accident you are such a jerK I AM GOING TO EAT A BUNCH OF PIZZA AND FLEX MY STOMACH TO BARF ON YOU AND THEN WIPE OFF THE MESS WITH THIS THREAD, ALL PRINTED OUT ON PAPER TOWELS, BECAUSE THATS THE MAIDLY THING TO DO. AND THEN WE WILL SEE HOW MUCH YOU WANT THIS THREAD.

Mega Dunsparce

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3695-1145-1866
Warning Received
Note to self my simple mistake is illegal here. :/

Do you have any idea how annoying it is for Ismar to have to go and edit your posts just because of a simple accident you are such a jerK I AM GOING TO EAT A BUNCH OF PIZZA AND FLEX MY STOMACH TO BARF ON YOU AND THEN WIPE OFF THE MESS WITH THIS THREAD, ALL PRINTED OUT ON PAPER TOWELS, BECAUSE THATS THE MAIDLY THING TO DO. AND THEN WE WILL SEE HOW MUCH YOU WANT THIS THREAD.
I feel your pain and vomit. EDIT: *looks at post, runs away and hides behind the substitute plush*

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Found this on Neogaf...

Internet... Why you gotta keep doing this to me?? :urg:

I agree with all these newcomers save the Zelda ones. Ghirahim seems more Assist Trophy material, and Vaati and Classic Ganon have a longer track record than Demise.

Then again, Greninja...

Myuutsufan4832

Smash Journeyman
I agree with all these newcomers save the Zelda ones. Ghirahim seems more Assist Trophy material, and Vaati and Classic Ganon have a longer track record than Demise.

Then again, Greninja...
So Demise or/and Ghirahim might be playable since Greninja (New Hardly known pokemon) got into smash...

MangoTwist

Smash Apprentice
I don't beleive in the trophy quiz theory, because I don't see Ghirahim making it. But that's off topic...

Like many, I find the whole Ridley shadow thing to be pretty fishy. Something is up, and I don't think Sakurai would hold back a simple stage hazard for this long.

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Supposedly the same source that leaked Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, and Mega Man (alongside Little Mac, Mii, and Pac-Man), said that additional newcomers include "Chrom, Palutena, Shulk, Chorus Men, and a Pokemon from X and Y".

12 newcomers for Smash 4 sounds like a solid amount, especially with the amount of time left between now and Smash 4's summer release (possibly September or August).

What is interesting is that although there were a lot of surprises, there was barely any characters on it that were "popular". Pretty much only Mega Man, Little Mac, Palutena, Shulk, Chrom, and to a lesser extent Pac-Man would be construed as popularly requested.

Even more curious is how veteran franchises basically got shafted. Rosalina, Greninja, Palutena, and Chrom being the only four veteran series newcomers sounds a bit underwhelming.

The one plus though about this 12 set of newcomers is how many new Nintendo franchises got represented. Punch-Out, Animal Crossing, Wii Fit, Mii, Xenoblade (stand alone), and Rhythm Heaven all got playable characters.

Even more curious is how few of the characters were characters that existed as popular requests prior to 2010. Pretty much only Mega Man and Little Mac fit that. Pretty much only Little Mac and Mega Man would be the only two characters that were popularly requested during the pre-Brawl era, that managed to get in as newcomers for Smash 4.

Hmm. I wonder how many people are going to take it if Smash 4 has only 12 newcomers and these are them. Well we only got four or five months left of waiting anyway.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Why would they make Other M material using a version of Ridley who isn't in the game?

It'd be like if they advertised Prime 3 with Gorea.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
That pic I posted... I don't really think the characters shown at the bottom are anything other than predictions. The point of the picture is that, indeed, those four series really are the most discussed regarding new characters. The closest after that is probably Mario and Pokemon. The former's primarily discussed concerning characters already confirmed, and the latter has everyone's all "MEWTWOMEWTWOMEWTWO Oh and some other" about. Plus The Pokemon Company clearly is in control of who gets in more than Sakurai, henceforth Greninja's inclusion.

I think whoever made that pic should have made it more clear. Obviously people are (were) expecting Ridley, Palutena, and Chrom. The Zelda series is a tad more ambiguous with talks of Ghiraham, Demise, and Tingle at the forefront.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
We can get Medusa so she and Ridley can go have coffee with the cool villains. That solves the Zelda series conundrum. :p

domriver

Smash Lord
Hey there everybody! For those of you who still have hope for Ridley, well, you're not alone! Watch this and you'll see what I mean!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5WEE5VyZmu8
Thats interesting. However, for the sake of continuous arguing whether or not he is a playable character or not let us just wait till E3. I'm sure we will get our answer there if not sooner. Thinking about how would a final smash work for Ridley? Summon MotherBrain from Super Metroid? would work for me! or even Kraid/ or that Phantoon (spelling) :)

majora_787

Smash Hero
I really hope assist trophies can be turned on and off individually now. I mean what if I want a Metroid only match where Samus and Ridley Zero Suit Samus are fighting on Pyrosphere, and the only items are Screw Attack and the assist trophies for Metroids, Mother Brain, and Dark Samus. That sounds like a fun time. Series-themed matches, y'all. They're pretty fun.

Myuutsufan4832

Smash Journeyman
Thats interesting. However, for the sake of continuous arguing whether or not he is a playable character or not let us just wait till E3. I'm sure we will get our answer there if not sooner. Thinking about how would a final smash work for Ridley? Summon MotherBrain from Super Metroid? would work for me! or even Kraid/ or that Phantoon (spelling) :)
I would Say Draygon, Phantoon, and kraid appearing and attacking everyone as a final smash if you mean you want super metroid based.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Guys, I heard from a reliable source that they also implemented a Pyrosphere-mode, similar to the FD-mode, except that it fully replaces the latter. This will essentially make all stages like the Pyrosphere, in the sense that all stages now have the same hazard/boss/whatever. This way, Ridley will haunt us forever and anywhere. Apparently, this mode will also become the standard and can't be turned off.

Thoughts?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I really hope assist trophies can be turned on and off individually now. I mean what if I want a Metroid only match where Samus and Ridley Zero Suit Samus are fighting on Pyrosphere, and the only items are Screw Attack and the assist trophies for Metroids, Mother Brain, and Dark Samus. That sounds like a fun time. Series-themed matches, y'all. They're pretty fun.
Oh god, Starfy-only matches, my sides...

Last edited:

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
As of now you can either believe that ridley was deconfirmed as a playable character or he wasn't.

If you believe he wasn't and you're wrong, then you'll drive yourself mad with denial and the nagging sensation of holding out for the character would be extremely frustrating and irritating to deal with.
If you believe he was deconfirmed and you're wrong then you'll be completely surprised and incredibly happy for the reveal.

Either way, choosing a side doesn't and cannot change anything. Ridley's in too deep to practically believe hes going to be added to the roster. Accept things the way they appear and it will save you a lot of trouble.

Myuutsufan4832

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I heard from a reliable source that they also implemented a Pyrosphere-mode, similar to the FD-mode, except that it fully replaces the latter. This will essentially make all stages like the Pyrosphere, in the sense that all stages now have the same hazard/boss/whatever. This way, Ridley will haunt us forever and anywhere. Apparently, this mode will also become the standard and can't be turned off.

Thoughts?
Where or who is this Reliable source?

andimidna

Smash Master
Found this on Neogaf...

Internet... Why you gotta keep doing this to me?? :urg:

Well, if you're going to have your most wanted Fire Emblem newcomer deconfirmed, you're going to want them to hint you're next most wanted Fire Emblem newcomer in the process of doing so, right?
Demise is a no.
But Chrom & Lucina, Ghirahim, Palutena, and Ridley are all in my top ten most wanted.
Still... RIP Tiki...
Tiki deconfirmed
Ridley possibly deconfirmed
Charizard confirmed
We may finally know the fate of all of our dragons...

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
And I'M the crazy joke. :troll:

andimidna

Smash Master
Supposedly the same source that leaked Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, and Mega Man (alongside Little Mac, Mii, and Pac-Man), said that additional newcomers include "Chrom, Palutena, Shulk, Chorus Men, and a Pokemon from X and Y".

12 newcomers for Smash 4 sounds like a solid amount, especially with the amount of time left between now and Smash 4's summer release (possibly September or August).

What is interesting is that although there were a lot of surprises, there was barely any characters on it that were "popular". Pretty much only Mega Man, Little Mac, Palutena, Shulk, Chrom, and to a lesser extent Pac-Man would be construed as popularly requested.

Even more curious is how veteran franchises basically got shafted. Rosalina, Greninja, Palutena, and Chrom being the only four veteran series newcomers sounds a bit underwhelming.

The one plus though about this 12 set of newcomers is how many new Nintendo franchises got represented. Punch-Out, Animal Crossing, Wii Fit, Mii, Xenoblade (stand alone), and Rhythm Heaven all got playable characters.

Even more curious is how few of the characters were characters that existed as popular requests prior to 2010. Pretty much only Mega Man and Little Mac fit that. Pretty much only Little Mac and Mega Man would be the only two characters that were popularly requested during the pre-Brawl era, that managed to get in as newcomers for Smash 4.

Hmm. I wonder how many people are going to take it if Smash 4 has only 12 newcomers and these are them. Well we only got four or five months left of waiting anyway.
I think there almost HAS to be a DK newcomer.
I'd be extremely surprised if we didn't get one of the 3 choices. I'm not so sure that was a final roster.

http://youtu.be/vqRNuDK-oL0
http://youtu.be/9HfiY3Ir5Lg

I'M FEELING KIND OF HOPEFUL FOR RIDLEY AGAIN.

Okay, guys.
A bunch of these screenshots here are just trying to explain certain unexplained things including some hazards
We got a whole bunch of Viridi pictures, pictures of Dark Lord from Find Mii, Yellow Devil was finally explained, all the Assists and Pokemon got multiple pictures...
SO WHY DIDN'T RIDLEY?!
Phantom was explained, Palutena's Temple was explained, ZZS, Sheik, Charizard all explained.
All things we got to see right before our eyes.
But we still didn't see Ridley destroying anything, or any explanation.
This makes no sense.
There is no logic to doing this.
Remember when Zero Suit Samus was deconfirmed for 5 seconds?
Remember when Palutena was almost deconfirmed?
Sakurai is a big troll.
And I'm feeling a bit more confident the more I think about it.
And if he's revealed, he'll totally catch everybody off guard XD

Myuutsufan4832

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
If ridley met Roidley he would tell him this....

I wonder that when/if ridley is in smash as a newcomer, will he have his other forms (Omega ridley, Ridley X, Meta Ridley, Zero mission Ridley, the Red ridley)?

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Given that a lot (well, a few) characters have some kind of real alt-costume, I'd be surprised if one of the most requested newcomers didn't.

Hell, I'd be surprised if everyone (most everyone anyway) didn't get an alt-costume in some form.

D

Deleted member

One thing to note is that he didn't leak Rosalina. So assuming that the leak it true, it's not that he has access to the entire roster so much as he knows that certain newcomers are in the game and he ended up leaking 11/12 of them.

I'm betting we'll get a few more, though. Mewtwo is the most wanted character for this game and I don't see this game going without him. I am also betting on us getting a retro character as Sakurai has express his interest in bringing back old characters (leaning towards Mach Rider myself for various reasons). If we get more, I could see the likes of K. Rool, Dixie, Isaac, Roy (to a lesser extent), etc. competing intensely for these remaining spots should they be available.

When all is said and done, I see us getting fourteen to sixteen newcomers. Unfortunately, however, it look as Ridley won't be among them.

Top Bottom