• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Ridley being a boss again would be a slap in the face. But unfortunately if the team decides they can't figure him out (for whatever reason) it would most likely be the next option.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Bump for Ridley!

Do you think he should have 5 jumps?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That'd be cool, but I assume Charizard is an indicator that three would be best.
I imagine that Ridley would be much less powerful though due to less bulk.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Like bulk should give an indication of power. Look at Mr.Game & Watch for example. :smirk:

Other M Ridley DOES have bulk though. ;)

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I feel really dumb. Should have thought of this sooner.

You know how some people think the tail is a problem because of its length?

Just copy what they did with Charizard.

He curls his tail around. Ridley can do the same. It might even make more sense for Ridley to do this as he can be "ready" to attack with his tail.

This make sense?

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Or it can shed off at the beginning of the match like ZSS. Then you can throw it as an item. Or beat ridley with his own tail.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
What no, it wouldn't be a throw item. That's dumb. It'd be a new kind of item that allows anyone who picks it up to use a tether grab/recovery.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Gives 'Swordfighting' a whole new meaning. Would other character attempt to use similar body parts to fight on par? This could go terrible places.

Hickory

Smash Cadet
What if Ridley was represented as an evolutionary character? We saw his baby and his adolescent form in Other M, what if he gradually evolved as the battle progressed? Or, alternatively, he could be in the adolescent form by default and became his adult form for his Final Smash.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What if Ridley was represented as an evolutionary character? We saw his baby and his adolescent form in Other M, what if he gradually evolved as the battle progressed? Or, alternatively, he could be in the adolescent form by default and became his adult form for his Final Smash.
The majority of people would not like it.

Get that idea from the Namco rumor?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I feel really dumb. Should have thought of this sooner.

You know how some people think the tail is a problem because of its length?

Just copy what they did with Charizard.

He curls his tail around. Ridley can do the same. It might even make more sense for Ridley to do this as he can be "ready" to attack with his tail.

This make sense?
Yeah... Feel the same way you do for not realizing that sooner.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
This years E3 is going to be huge. Nintendo is to reveal a new 3D Mario for the Wii U, Mario Kart Wii U, Yarn Yoshi, Smash Bros., and i'd like to assume even more.

A new Star Fox and/or F-Zero would take the cake if they show all of it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Any Ridley hack I've seen so far looks goofy. Even the 'really good ones'.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I was just looking over this Ridley Brawl character hack.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxVkSaVgm1A

How do people feel on the whole about how he's presented? That size and hovering instead of walking on the ground?
Ridley's idle pose is really strange. Rather than hovering, it looks more as if he's hanging from something.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Also, Ridley is too small. :awesome:

No seriously, he looks tiny and light, like a snake with wings lol

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So many bull**** characters but no Kongs?

Sorry that's al I saw.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
But does it look goofy because of his presented size? I personally don't think I would want him to hover when on the ground... Whenever I think of Ridley, I think more about him charging up dash attacks and fireballs from the ground.

I like the concept of his shtick being that all of his specials can be charged slightly and go off when the button's released.

RIDLEY SPECIALS
Hold them down for enchanced versions, tap for quicker strikes.

UP, Zebesian Drill
Tap: Like Metaknight's side special except up, wings held close to the body for a quick burst. Ends with a glide.
Hold: Same, but at the end of the move he violently unleashes his wings, launching enemies that were caught in the drill.

SIDE, Corsair Claw
<On the ground>
Tap: Similar to the Space animals' side special except slower and stronger.
Hold: Dashes to the side, grabbing the first enemy he encounters and drags them along the ground damaging them.
Ends up holding the target as if he grabbed them normally.
<In the air>
Tap: Dashes to the side and down at about a 30 degree angle. Hitting the ground deals impact damage to nearby enemies.
Hold: Dashes to the side and down, but grabs targets out of the air. If he hits the ground with someone in hand, he slams them down which launches them away. Otherwise, he throws them away at the end of his flight in the same direction he was flying.

NEUTRAL, Plasma Breath
Tap: Launches a fireball from his mouth that moves a little slower than Mario/Luigi's fireballs but pack a bigger punch. They fire off at a slight, randomized angle and can be shot three in a row.
Hold: Charges up a massive fireball, the size of a person. As it's charging, the player and angle it any direction. As the plasma ball travels, flaming droplets occasionally fall from it, slightly hurting enemies underneath it.

DOWN, Frenzied Flap
<On the ground>
Tap: Ridley flaps his wings to the side he's facing. Pushes away anything in front of him, such as deflecting physical projectiles, scattering items on the ground, or slightly pushing away enemies trying to reach the edge of the stage.
Hold: A powerful flap launches Ridley backwards and greatly blows everything away.
<In the Air>
Tap: Same as on the ground but directed downwards. Lifts Ridley up a bit.
Hold: Same as on the ground but directed downwards. Enemies who are blown into the ground take damage and are stuck in the ground like DK's side special.

Final Smash, Pirate Raid
A Space Pirate Frigate flies overhead, airdropping in a team of five Space Pirates. They walk around firing at enemies they see and slashing at nearby enemies. They stay until they are killed, each with around 30 hp.

I would prefer MetaRidley as an alternate costume instead of as his final smash.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
You can... like posts? What happened,smashboards?
Oh man, I know. I came back to the boards and it was like "Congratulations, you've won all these trophies! Good job, you've been here for 10 years!" Makes me really feel like my life has been evolving over the past decade. ;)

So, no thoughts on my moveset? Maybe... maybe I'll edit it to make it more colorful. Yes, that should work.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Oh man, I know. I came back to the boards and it was like "Congratulations, you've won all these trophies! Good job, you've been here for 10 years!" Makes me really feel like my life has been evolving over the past decade. ;)

So, no thoughts on my moveset? Maybe... maybe I'll edit it to make it more colorful. Yes, that should work.
ha, sorry, I've seen so many move sets that the liking of posts stood out more to me xD

And, dang, i have trophies too. Is smashboards a videogame?

For feedback on your moveset, however, I really liked the down b. The other special moves seemed a bit recycled, and I personally dislike the idea of space pirates for a final smash. If feel like ridley should use his tail for his standard fighting, not his special moves. Fireball, yeah, ok, he needs some sort of flame breath.

It's an interesting moveset. I kinda like it.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Yeah- in the end, I feel like Ridley's moveset really will just be a variation on a theme. In the games we've basically seen him shooting, dashing, flying, swooping, and grabbing. I definitely agree about his tail being primarily for standard fighting... I'd like to see his A-A-A combo be claw-claw-tailkebab.

While I do like the differences between the slow, hold down versions of the powers and the quicker tap ones I would have to say it's the least inspired moveset I've posted recently.

Clearly the trophies should've come with models of the Moderators and brief summaries of their board history.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Yeah- in the end, I feel like Ridley's moveset really will just be a variation on a theme. In the games we've basically seen him shooting, dashing, flying, swooping, and grabbing. I definitely agree about his tail being primarily for standard fighting... I'd like to see his A-A-A combo be claw-claw-tailkebab.

While I do like the differences between the slow, hold down versions of the powers and the quicker tap ones I would have to say it's the least inspired moveset I've posted recently.

Clearly the trophies should've come with models of the Moderators and brief summaries of their board history.
I would want a McFox Trophy. I remember seeing his brawl prediction thread years back and thinking his drawings were awesome and his predictions absolute xD (of course, I predicted Charizard :D )

And wow, just realized you're a 2002 account damn. Talk about dedicated to smash. I thought my account was old xD .
I think my favorite thing about your moveset is that special move names. They sound like moves I would want to use. Frenzied Flap? Corsair Claw? The alliteration is beautiful. Talk about stylish evisceration.

@psycho - the irony xD

also, I can't seem to find the old function that allows you to see the history of threads you've started. Was that removed during the website switch?

Top Bottom