• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Hibashira

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4811-7715-1152
Let's talk taunts, instead. What do you think Ridley's taunts will be? All 3 taunts. Give me 3 taunt ideas.
For his up-taunt, probably a roar. For the down-taunt he could pull out the metroid capsule from Super Metroid. And his side taunt is obviously him flapping his wings and saying "You're too big".

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Let's talk taunts, instead. What do you think Ridley's taunts will be? All 3 taunts. Give me 3 taunt ideas.
Up: Stomps, then roars...um...into the sky. While roaring, camera shakes, your ears bleed, your brain overloads, your eyes explode, your heart takes a break and goes to drink something, your kidneys jump out of your mouth, your mouth is bleeding, your teeth are getting grinded into powder and i sign a happy song.
Side: Same as in Other M (where he just roars instead of continuing attacking).
Down: He sits down, then scratches/scrappes/whattever Baby Metroid' capsule (glass part of it).
Mother Brain, Dark Samus, Metroid. I'm sure there's more. There's a thread of all deconfirmed characters somewhere. Try looking there.
Metroid doesn't counts. Metroids are just creatures that are driven by hunger.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Getting another Ganon and Ridley would be a dream. Not that I have anything against the other Zelda possibilities. But having Ganon, Ridley, Bowser, and Charizard in a match would be amazing.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Getting another Ganon and Ridley would be a dream. Not that I have anything against the other Zelda possibilities. But having Ganon, Ridley, Bowser, and Charizard in a match would be amazing.
You forgot K.Rool. You are disowned from this thread...somehow...
EDIT: d*mn, Ninja'd a moment ago...wait...since Space Pirates can climb walls and ceiling, does that means they are ninjas too?

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
If the leak includes Ridley, I'll apologize and hump it lovingly (?)
Also, Ganondorf > Ganon, especially Toon Ganondorf.

Last edited:

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Off topic character discussion/Spam Warning Received
Wasn't Toon Ganondorf called Ganon?
He IS called Ganon In-Game, but he's clearly Ganondorf, hell, he doesn't even turn into Ganon. I think he's from one of the two timelines where OoT Ganondorf doesn't become the Demon King Ganon.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, I don't know enough Metroid to come up with a taunt for Ridley, so I'll asked this. Do anyone think Ridley would get sounds like from the games, or should he have a voice/talk like in the manga? I think it would be awesome to have a voice instead of animal sounds like Bowser and DK.

Last edited:

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
He IS called Ganon In-Game, but he's clearly Ganondorf, hell, he doesn't even turn into Ganon. I think he's from one of the two timelines where OoT Ganondorf doesn't become the Demon King Ganon.
Nope. He's from the adult timeline where he he's imprisoned by the sages after turning into ganon in OoT. Then he becomes G-dorf again and "curses" link.
With Ganon and Ridley constantly coming back after being killed, it makes me think of their similarities. They need to be revealed in the same trailer with Samus and Link enjoying some tea when BAM! The villains show up all like "We're baaaaaaack!"

Last edited:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
Nope. He's from the adult timeline where he he's imprisoned by the sages after turning into ganon in OoT. Then he becomes G-dorf again and "curses" link.
With Ganon and Ridley constantly coming back after being killed, it makes me think of their similarities. They need to be revealed in the same trailer with Samus and Link enjoying some tea when BAM! The villains show up all like "We're baaaaaaack!"
better have a scene where the tea falls in slow motion

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Well, I don't know enough Metroid to come up with a taunt for Ridley, so I'll asked this. Do anyone think Ridley would get sounds like from the games, or should he have a voice/talk like in the manga? I think it would be awesome to have a voice instead of animal sounds like Bowser and DK.
It'd be nice for a change, yes. That said, since this has never happened in the game, there's little chance it'll suddenly happen in Sm4sh.
I do wonder, what kind of voice would he have? I'd hugely detest a soft snake villain voice. Too generic if you ask me.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
It'd be nice for a change, yes. That said, since this has never happened in the game, there's little chance it'll suddenly happen in Sm4sh.
I do wonder, what kind of voice would he have? I'd hugely detest a soft snake villain voice. Too generic if you ask me.
I'm expecting something completely feral, without a shred of dignity or higher thought than tearing apart his opponents.

Ridley may be intelligent enough to build a robot, but on the battlefield, he is only slightly more civil than a berserk animal.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
As much as I try making some Ridley and Roidley stuff using the tablet...it just cuts my inspiration....but oh well, I will still doing some of it using my old DSi in the meantime....

O2A571_0DBFF704B9B92_000.gif

Roidley: "How's Big Bro feeling today?"

Ridley: "...Oh, I'm feeling GREAT!"

Roidley: "Really?"

Ridley: "OF COURSE NOT, YOU IDIOT!"

Roidley: "...You want a hug to feel better?"

Ridley: "No. If you where kilometers AWAY from me, I could have been feeling better since yesterday."

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
As much as I doubt it; I would want this: :troll: [collapse=Warning Contains strong language]
[/collapse]

Gilbert Godfried/Slowbeef voice or riot if Ridley speaks
:4greninja:'d

As much as I try making some Ridley and Roidley stuff using the tablet...it just cuts my inspiration....but oh well, I will still doing some of it using my old DSi in the meantime....

View attachment 22443
Roidley: "How's Big Bro feeling today?"

Ridley: "...Oh, I'm feeling GREAT!"

Roidley: "Really?"

Ridley: "OF COURSE NOT, YOU IDIOT!"

Roidley: "...You want a hug to feel better?"

Ridley: "No. If you were kilometers AWAY from me, I could have been feeling better since yesterday."
I love the love/hate relationship you do with Ridley and Roidley. :)

Last edited:

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Thanks for correcting me, the Zelda timeline is extremely confusing, and yes, that'd be cool...like, maybe Link and Zelda fighting together and then shaking hands, when suddenly, Ridley's silhouette emerges from the background, with a huge Ganon silhouette that turns into the Ganondorf we know and love.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Hopefully this will not be us during the Japan release.

I still believe...
Oh, giving up is not something we should do. Like Ridley, we will rise from the ashes through unexplained methods (probably application of handwaveium to plot), and start over, doing the thing we have been doing for all these years.
Grasping straws. its not like other character supporters dont do that

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Do anyone think Ridley would get sounds like from the games, or should he have a voice/talk like in the manga? I think it would be awesome to have a voice instead of animal sounds like Bowser and DK.
I think he's probably going to get roars / screeches instead of a voice. Mainly because of Bowser and DK, who both have been shown to speak, but instead were given generic roars and grunts.

Then again, Smash isn't a very very vocal game altogether.

Thanks for correcting me, the Zelda timeline is extremely confusing, and yes, that'd be cool...like, maybe Link and Zelda fighting together and then shaking hands, when suddenly, Ridley's silhouette emerges from the background, with a huge Ganon silhouette that turns into the Ganondorf we know and love.
I'm curious, where the heck did this Ganon prediction come from? I'd love for it to happen, but what on earth started it? Is there any evidence that he might make it in?

Ganon and Ridley in a trailer would be pretty cool! Two classic beast-like villains.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I'm curious, where the heck did this Ganon prediction come from? I'd love for it to happen, but what on earth started it? Is there any evidence that he might make it in?

Ganon and Ridley in a trailer would be pretty cool! Two classic beast-like villains.
There hasn't been any prediction of Ganon. It'd just be cool is all.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I think he's probably going to get roars / screeches instead of a voice. Mainly because of Bowser and DK, who both have been shown to speak, but instead were given generic roars and grunts.

Then again, Smash isn't a very very vocal game altogether.
Yeah, I pretty much see this most likely happening. Oh well, Gilbert Godfried Ridley, maybe someday.

Also 1600 pages, 400 pages left before planet destruction. Samus is preparing for evacuation.

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
I image he'll just do grunts, roars, and the occasional cry or laugh. If he had a voice, I'd imgine it like Smaug from The Hobbit.

I speak as a believer of the newest roster leak. There's one piece of evidence that pretty much sums of that the leak is real.
There's still the fact the mods + con0rr are pretty sure there are still more newcomers based on their sources. It's not over till Sakuraii says so (Let me dreak ok?)

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I speak as a believer of the newest roster leak. There's one piece of evidence that pretty much sums of that the leak is real.
And? You are merely guessing about Ridley's being unplayable when believing the newest roster leak.

Feel free to believe the "leak"; however, it does not change Ridley's fate in the slightest.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
*Looks at the new thread title*

I love it. I would have stuck with "Going Strong to the end", but this is really good.

Anyways, we're back to discussing Ridley now, are we?

Samuel Intrater

Smash Apprentice
Even if the roster leak is real, there was that one leak that predicted those exact same characters alongside Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie and Chorus Men, so Ridley's still a very serious possibility either way.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
You are making two assumptions here:

1.) You assume that the leak is absolutely real.

2.) You assume that this means Ridley will not be playable.

You claim that Ridley will definitely not be playable, but in order to make that claim you make two assumptions in the process. It is simply illogical to speak in absolutes when the situation is far from definite.

Top Bottom