• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Off topic leak talk/Spam Warning Received
This is the evidence if you look closely:

This pretty much proved the leak true for most people.(including myself)
I think Ridley is done for.

There's still the fact the mods + con0rr are pretty sure there are still more newcomers based on their sources. It's not over till Sakuraii says so (Let me dreak ok?)
Yeah, that leak was based off of the Ninka_kiwi leak right after the original leak was posted, don't believe that leak.

You seem to believe every leak that ever comes up, therefore, I think Ridley is even MORE likely, thanks to you.
Not every leak, I'm not easy to fool you know, I need the evidence first.

You are making two assumptions here:

1.) You assume that the leak is absolutely real.

2.) You assume that this means Ridley will not be playable.

You claim that Ridley will definitely not be playable, but in order to make that claim you make two assumptions in the process. It is simply illogical to speak in absolutes when the situation is far from definite.
Yes with the evidence I have posted, I think it's definite.

Last edited:

Yeah, that leak was based off of the Ninka_kiwi leak right after the original leak was posted, don't believe that leak.

Not every leak, I'm not easy to fool you know
No, unless things have changed since last night, Con0rr and mods have specifically said their sources have said there is still more that isn't the 5 dlc

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
If you believe it that is your choice; however, there are counter points to the leak:

Notice how far away Dark Pit, Lucina and Dr. Mario are from their respective Franchises.

Edit: Forgot more evidence against supposed leak:

Even in team battles, only one winner has a laurel around their 1.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
No, unless things have changed since last night, Con0rr and mods have specifically said their sources have said there is still more that isn't the 5 dlc
Ask @Con0rrrr about, I think he said it could be, or may not.

If you believe it that is your choice; however, there are counter points to the leak:

Notice how far away Dark Pit, Lucina and Dr. Mario are from their respective Franchises.
I already saw this argument, and it doesn't work, especially with the other pros the leak has in mind.
http://smashboards.com/threads/arguments-for-against-the-css-leak.364916/

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

Judging by the angle that the leak's photo was taken, it looks like a room from the Tomodachi Life game, not from the Tomodachi Life stage.
But we shouldn't be talking about this in the first place, we shouldn't quit this far into the game just because a pretty-looking leak doesn't have Ridley.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Off topic/Spam Warning Received

So, that room in the "leak," is that based on this one?

It looks rather similar, and both this room and the one in the "leak" have that red cloth thing (is that a curtain, or what?). Though, I can't really see that cloth in the Famitsu scan.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I already saw this argument, and it doesn't work, especially with the other pros the leak has in mind.
http://smashboards.com/threads/arguments-for-against-the-css-leak.364916/
The only "point" that works in your favor is the Tomadochi Life Stage Leak and that isn't really saying much.

P.S. Didn't you also see Mr. Game and Watch and Wario? They are both unprofessional.

Edit: Please explain to me why you believe the points I posted don't work in your view.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I speak as a believer of the newest roster leak. There's one piece of evidence that pretty much sums of that the leak is real.
What? Sakurai confirmed it? A character was revealed with exactly same render as in the leak? No? Then either don't say it is real right now or GTFO. Just one stage is not enough. Gematsu predicted Wii Fit Trainer. Look what happened. Is Chrom playable if that leak is real because it predicted Mii Fighters and WFT? No. So, leaks can't be real until fully confirmed and can't be used as evidence. Looking at how much you believe it, you will most likely have only "GTFO" as a choice.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Dammit guys don't bother talking about the leak! It never hurt Ridley's chances as the leaker claimed he didn't unlock everything! Thid is why I want a ban on talking about leaks! People argue immeadiatly! Now everyone, SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT THIS GODDAMN LEAK!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Hey guys, this isn't the leak thread. Please turn the conversation back towards Ridley.

If we get about 133 pages per week we'll hit 2000 before the game comes out, so try to stay on topic so we don't get shut down before that please

ThePlayer77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Defenceknight
3DS FC
0559-6785-8830

Edit: Forgot more evidence against supposed leak:

Even in team battles, only one winner has a laurel around their 1.
Lol, the Mario gif was a joke. (I think) Look at his cracked skull.
I mean seriously, Mario looks like Dr.Mario? Huge shocker there!

Last edited:

avgjoe

Smash Cadet

if you notice in the pics you've shown. the carpet in the room that the leaker showed is signifcantly smaller than the one in famitsu. I find that a little odd. however, we probably shouldn't talk about this here because it's off topic.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Lol, the Mario gif was a joke. (I think) Look at his cracked skull.
I mean seriously, Mario looks like Dr.Mario? Huge shocker there!
Look at the conversation that I sent you discussing the matter.

On Topic for Ridley: What Smash Run Items will you equip Ridley with to make his expedition easier?

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Judging by the angle that the leak's photo was taken, it looks like a room from the Tomodachi Life game, not from the Tomodachi Life stage.
But we shouldn't be talking about this in the first place, we shouldn't quit this far into the just because a pretty-looking leak doesn't have Ridley.
What? The whole room would be shown in the gameplay of TD if that wasn't the TD stage.

The only "point" that works in your favor is the Tomadochi Life Stage Leak and that isn't really saying much.

P.S. Didn't you also see Mr. Game and Watch and Wario? They are both unprofessional.
Yes it does prove a lot, that room wasn't seen before and was leaked before the Famitsu
The rest of the models in the leak very professional, they probably have not been zoomed in to show the details like Ganondorf's (whom was leaked close-up).

I think you guys need to talk to the ones who proved that the leak was real instead of bringing up the same arguments I hear against the leak and really think about your position on Ridley:
http://smashboards.com/threads/gene...scussion-thread.354188/page-424#post-17350559

I'm done since it's off-topic, but you need to pay attention to what they have to say.

Seriously, maybe we should report when someone starts going off-topic like that?
Sorry about that, but the denial of the leak really bugs me especially with the arguments against it. :/

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I agree with Bagan, how about we all agree to report when someone brings the leak up, but if someone who doesn't go here often brings it up, we will give him/her a friendly reminder first! I even changed my sig to make sure nothing leak related would happen!

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Seriously, maybe we should report when someone starts going off-topic like that?
Honestly we better, a lot of people are going to come in here screaming "RIDLEY ISN'T IN THE LEAK CASE CLOSED". It's the best way to combat it and I'd rather not see this thread get closed, especially this far in.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
If the discussion stays off topic, or a single or a few people keep pushing the discussion off topic, the best response is to ignore and report. It's safest for the thread, and alerts the mods so they can decide if it's actually warning worthy or not.

And of course, providing direction back to Ridley discussion is always appreciated. Like wondering if Sakurai would really tease Ridley for a full year, just to not announce anything about Ridley so that we find out from process of elimination that he's a boss. That feels a bit anti-climactic to me.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm really going to feel bad for you guys once Sakurai finally reveals his unplayable role. :(
You sir have become coldhearted when you gave up

And for the last time none of the picture leakers nor ninka knows the fate of ridley

And the meta knight picture troll is by far the best proof yet.

Last edited:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if I feel amused or baffled at the idea that for two years of development nobody at Nintendo or Sora or Namco realized the potential PR disaster they have by including the animals from Duck Hunt in a fighting game. Judging by all their public issues they have had with sexism, racism, and homophobia it shouldn't surprise me, but its sooooo obvious, even disguised with the cartoony visuals, we now have Nintendo's most famous figures punching, kicking, stabbing, and shooting at a non-sentient non-antropomorphic and real-life-based dog and ducks from a franchise about killing birds for sport. Its mindblowing to me honestly.

BTW, Ive been typing this on my phone for minutes, so I missed a lot of posts it seems....

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If Ridley is revealed before release, he needs a picture like this

I don't know if I feel amused or baffled at the idea that for two years of development nobody at Nintendo or Sora or Namco realized the potential PR disaster they have by including the animals from Duck Hunt in a fighting game. Judging by all their public issues they have had with sexism, racism, and homophobia it shouldn't surprise me, but its sooooo obvious, even disguised with the cartoony visuals, we now have Nintendo's most famous figures punching, kicking, stabbing, and shooting at a non-sentient non-antropomorphic and real-life-based dog and ducks from a franchise about killing birds for sport. Its mindblowing to me honestly.
Eh, off topic

Last edited:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Bluepikmin is annoying he even disconfirmed ridley and gave negative points in his little game he made based on the direct lol. Eventhough nobody knows about ridley's fate as of now.

Now. I need ridley's zero mission scream if he's playable.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

BTW, Ive been typing this on my phone for minutes, so I missed a lot of posts it seems....
This has nothing to do with Ridley.
Also, have you been on Tumblr? SJWs could really care less what happens to animals as long as they're the victim.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
non-antropomorphic and real-life-based dog and ducks
I suggest you take a closer look at Duck Hunt's render, because they look NOTHING like real life dogs and ducks.

Anyways, still hoping Ridley is playable in the game. I don't believe Sakurai would tease him for a whole year for nothing ;)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Can you guys already imagine how satisfying it would be to beat every boss as Ridley? As soon as I unlock all characters and levels assuming Ridley is one of them, After training moves a bit, I will fight every boss hazard I can find, and then go after the Smash run bosses! FOR THE GLORY OF BEING PLAYABLE!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
What items do you guys think will give Ridley an easier time while he is strolling through Smash Run? Any suggested items for those starting out in Smash Run as Ridley?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
What items do you guys think will give Ridley an easier time while he is strolling through Smash Run? Any suggested items for those starting out in Smash Run as Ridley?
speed increase items might help, and super armour would be sweet, regardless of what character you would use, it all depends on how Ridley plays, Mega Man is terrible in a 4 player FFA, yet 1v1 he seems to wreck everything

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I though we were done with leak crap when Gemastu bit the dust, but no, another, WORSE one just had to come up and ruin the final weeks of speculation for everybody. It's even more aggravating when users come in and smack talk support threads because the character in question isn't in said leak. Look, the darn thing may look real, but until Sakurai gives his final word on the entire matter where the roster is concerned, let sleeping dogs lie!

Sorry, just had to vent. Now let's keep the Ridley train going.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm tired of him coming to every topic with negativity about a character not making it in.
Then it was justified, this is Gematsu all over again! Leak, E3, Ridley, contradiction(Rosalina), possible legitamacy, Ridley again, E3, Debunk, New leak with possible legitamacy and contradictions, Ridley, and then finally release. Damn, these months feel like weeks, and these last days feel like decades...

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I think the Defense and Speed power ups would do wonders for Ridley. It's almost a given that he would be a powerhouse in jumping and attacking, but he should have decent speed in order to keep up with the other powered-up players.

Also, decreased knockback from Defense power ups.

Top Bottom