• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
Im not so shure about the trophy quiz theory anymore. Girahim was confirmed as an assist trophy. Also, how do you make spoilers?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm tired of him coming to every topic with negativity about a character not making it in.
I did support him, and I still support him even though the leak is real. My expectations for him being playable turned into a small piece of an atom now. And I have pointed out that every support thread I brought up the cons (Like in the Ice Climbers thread earilier @T-Hell remember? ), I have stated that I still wanted them as playable still. You guys need to stop misunderstanding me please. :(

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Im not so shure about the trophy quiz theory anymore. Girahim was confirmed as an assist trophy. Also, how do you make spoilers?
you do this: [ spoiler ] the thing you are hiding, and then [ spoiler ] without spaces
It's possible we still get a different Zelda character, the Fi trophy was always unclear of who it hinted at because the music is relevant, most people assumed Ghirahim

Last edited:

Gaxel

Smash Ace
If all the related leaks of this new one line up:

Ridley, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo and Chorus Men are also playable.

I wouldn't panic (yet).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I did support him, and I still support him even though the leak is real. My expectations for him being playable turned into a small piece of an atom now. And I have pointed out that every support thread I brought up the cons (Like in the Ice Climbers thread earilier @T-Hell remember? ), I have stated that I still wanted them as playable still. You guys need to stop misunderstanding me please. :(
Bluepikmin11, here is the thing, this already happened with Gematsu, so I think we should have learned by now not to trust any leaks, imagine, it's fake, and you told everyone their most wanted wouldn't happen, you would feel rather foolish. What I'm saying is, don't assume a leak is real because it looks legit

Weavel

Smash Ace
What items do you guys think will give Ridley an easier time while he is strolling through Smash Run? Any suggested items for those starting out in Smash Run as Ridley?
Maybe they will do something cool and each character has an exclusive item from their respective series and backstory that only said character can use.

I think Ridley's item should be Samus's parents and it should restore his health!

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Maybe they will do something cool and each character has an exclusive item from their respective series and backstory that only said character can use.

I think Ridley's item should be Samus's parents and it should restore his health! >:)
And as an added effect: It stuns Samus and ZSS for 3 minutes straight if they are onscreen, even if they are hit, they have to wait the 3 minutes

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

I think Ridley's item should be Samus's parents and it should restore his health! >:)
Major Complaint from Smash Run Users: Nerf Ridley!

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

I think Ridley's item should be Samus's parents and it should restore his health!
Size restoration kit maybe?
Allows Ridley to get violently stuck in small passages.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok im just going to settle this

You sir took the bait again you believed the gemusuto leak is real and now this

Yes i believe the leak is real too but im also thinkg its fake at the same time ( just so im not over confident on it.)

But your mistake is this you think thats the full roster as a matter of fact most of us are pretty sure the dlc part is a fraud, And we think the missing 5 are all non dlc (and those 5 are Ridley, Mewtwo, king k rool or dixie, a rythem heaven rep, and one of the veterans that is claimed that is to be kicked.)

None of the leakers know the fate of ridley, mewtwo and king k rool or dixie kong.

And theres way to much evidence already for ridley being on the playable side (the meta knight troll on NoE is the biggest piece of proof yet, its a repeat preformance of last week with the mii wearing the meta knight mask then 2 days later tada.)

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well, when speculating about Smash Run a while back, I came to the conclusion that Charizard would be a good character for the job - good running speed, good aerial mobility, good reach, and has a move that shreds enemies (rock smash in brawl destroyed bosses). Plus, he's heavier so it's harder to send him flying.

I could see Ridley being similar in some of these respects, at least with the good run speed, aerial mobility and reach. Plus, Ridley might have a projectile. He could be a smash run god

If all the related leaks of this new one line up:

Ridley, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo and Chorus Men are also playable.

I wouldn't panic (yet).
There is this rumor: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2e62r1/psa_the_dlc_list_is_fake_and_there_are_45_other/

Someone here on Smashboards claims that the DLC leak is fake and that there are more characters than what has been shown.

Going by the leaks earlier, these characters are assumed to be:

• Ridley
  • Dixie Kong
  • Mewtwo
  • Impa
  • Mach Rider
  • Chorus Kids
Still we must take it with a grain of salt.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

This is the face of someone who KNOWS they are going to end up victorious! Now if someone could photoshop a letter with the smash logo on his right claw...
ridley-letter.jpg

"A letter? For me...?"

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
I suggest you take a closer look at Duck Hunt's render, because they look NOTHING like real life dogs and ducks.

Anyways, still hoping Ridley is playable in the game. I don't believe Sakurai would tease him for a whole year for nothing ;)
They represent real world animals, just in a cartoony style. Its a whole another level beyond the sentient and powerful animal cast in Smash or the fantasy enemies in Nintendo games.

And quite honestly guys, discussing the veracity of the leak seems far more on topic to me than 90% of the stuff that happens around here :lol:

AgentHX

Smash Cadet
NNID
HotShotHunter
Oh god, that new thread title. It's perfect! Hard to believe it's been more than a year since the Ridley teasing began and we're no closer now than we were then to knowing his fate. Jeez.

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
Just making sure this worked
Also, What custom moves should Ridley have. His final Smash should be a Phazon Lazer similar to the Zero Lazer but much better because he is Ridley. :D

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
They represent real world animals, just in a cartoony style. Its a whole another level beyond the sentient and powerful animal cast in Smash or the fantasy enemies in Nintendo games.

And quite honestly guys, discussing the veracity of the leak seems far more on topic to me than 90% of the stuff that happens around here :lol:
Sonic is an animal, so is Pikachu, Ridley is also an animal, but still, and the leaks have their own thread, IsmaR will have our hides if we keep discussing this stuff, I think she is starting to get a bit impatient with us about the constant leak stuff in this thread. And those 90% things were Ridley related

A'tal Rekramesh

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rekramesh
Also, What custom moves should Ridley have. His final Smash should be a Phazon Lazer similar to the Zero Lazer but much better because he is Ridley. :D
I just hope he has a variation of MVC3 Firebrand's "grind your face on the floor" attack.

Last edited:

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
They do.

Lava:

Crocomire fight:

You can tell the acid is lighter in color and has more bubbles, as well as a different surface pattern.

That's why it tears the flesh off that way instead of just burning him to death. It's acid, it's eating the flesh off his skin.
Damn the way he dies is done very well. It's a bit terrifying and disturbing.

Last edited:

Black-chestnut

Smash Rookie
am i the only that thinks the potd we have been getting this week may have something to do with ridley i mean on Monday there was a boss from Kirby show off as a assist trophy then we got the alt for zero suit then on Wednesday when we think were going to get something we get well nothing really and today get got ghirahim once again as a assist trophy so the big question is whats going to happen tomorrow i am not sure if helps or hurts his chances but i for think he is going to be playable and we might get something like a direct soon

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Hello, new guy here! I've been lurking on this thread for a while now, and since we are getting close to release and all that jazz, I decided to join! Also, big Ridley supporter here, one that get's a lot of hate for it on my home site KnowYourMeme. But yeah, I feel Ridley will be in this Smash bros for Sure!

(Also, I won't drink the water.)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Hello, new guy here! I've been lurking on this thread for a while now, and since we are getting close to release and all that jazz, I decided to join! Also, big Ridley supporter here, one that get's a lot of hate for it on my home site KnowYourMeme. But yeah, I feel Ridley will be in this Smash bros for Sure!

(Also, I won't drink the water.)
I've seen you a lot! I visit the site but hate the users due to the toobigotry! Tip: Don't post anything there until a confirmation to be all smug

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I've seen you a lot! I visit the site but hate the users due to the toobigotry! Tip: Don't post anything there until a confirmation to be all smug
Thanks for the tip! Actually, I did post a pic where I said how you can see Pikachu's shadow in Ridley's shadow, and how there are many ways it along with other evidence proves he is playable, and I got downvoted to oblivion.

That's why I'm gonna wait till confirmation on KYM.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Thanks for the tip! Actually, I did post a pic where I said how you can see Pikachu's shadow in Ridley's shadow, and how there are many ways it along with other evidence proves he is playable, and I got downvoted to oblivion.

That's why I'm gonna wait till confirmation on KYM.
That's how I recognized you, and they use the size argument anyway.

On a unrelated note, did every character clap when they lost in the demo? If that's the case, Then a Ridley clap would be awesome

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
Ok, I just want to talk about the trophy quiz real quick. Tiki meant Robin and Lucina were going to be newcomers. Psdo-Palutena meant that Palutena was going to be a newcomer. We know King Ki Hunter means that Ridley will be a newcomer. But, what does Fi mean since Girahim is out of the picture

Last edited:
Top Bottom