• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Maybe, but I wouldn't just say Ridley is confirmed to be playable. While he does seem pretty darn likely, what this PoTD showed is anything is possible. Both sides have plausible arguments but what you stated is literally the big question whether Rids is a boss or not. Say he is a boss, what do you believe to be Sakurai's explanation?
I meant if he was a boss, it would have been disconfirmed last year
the lava was hotter than he is used to, he was in a lower part of zebes.
Edit:Why would he be in such a low part of the planet for no reason?
I call BS on that, your edit proves me
I thought that was acid.
I haven't seen the fight in a while, so that could be true if they have different textures

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
there are many bosses that are immune to lava from metroid, including kraid and crocomire, and don't get me wrong, I think that it is most likely that a boss from Other M that will be the stage boss, but it isn't impossible (but highly unlikely) for a boss from some other metroid game to be the stage boss.
Crocomire's only weakness was lava. So, he is not immunte to lava. And where would Kraid go on this stage and who said he was immune to lava?
the lava was hotter than he is used to, he was in a lower part of zebes.
Edit:Why would he be in such a low part of the planet for no reason?
Area where you fight him isn't even heated like most of Lower Norfair areas, so, no, it was just lava.
Maybe he just fell into a pit and couldn't escape, being forced to just wait for food to arrive and slowly die from heat (his skin looks like its kinda melting).

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I haven't seen the fight in a while, so that could be true if they have different textures
They do.

Lava:

Crocomire fight:

You can tell the acid is lighter in color and has more bubbles, as well as a different surface pattern.

That's why it tears the flesh off that way instead of just burning him to death. It's acid, it's eating the flesh off his skin.

Last edited:

Myuutsufan4832

Smash Journeyman
Crocomire's only weakness was lava. So, he is not immunte to lava. And where would Kraid go on this stage and who said he was immune to lava?
Have you played melee? in the Stage Brinstar depths he stays in lava for a while rises up and then have a few times of swinging his arms around and hitting the stages he goes back down and repeats.
Edit:his skin is impenetrable and the only weakness he has is his mouth, which you hit his eyes to make him open it.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Have you played melee? in the Stage Brinstar depths he stays in lava for a while rises up and then have a few times of swinging his arms around and hitting the stages he goes back down and repeats.
I thought Brinstar lacks lava. And it isn't canon. Wait...why are we discussing this? Its not related to Ridley anyway.

So, many images of Crocomire with him dying in lava are incorrect? Well, that is epic fail then. Didn't really noticed that difference too.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
So, many images of Crocomire with him dying in lava are incorrect? Well, that is epic fail then. Didn't really noticed that difference too.
It's pretty obvious. I mean, it uses the acid texture, it has bubbling as the sound effect when he dies.

I'm honestly shocked that I'm apparently the only one here who knew that.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Damn, I lost Ghirahim today. There goes one of my Top 5 most wanted. Luckily there's still hope for Ridley (who is my most wanted character), so everything is fine.

Myuutsufan4832

Smash Journeyman
They do.

Lava:

Crocomire fight:

You can tell the acid is lighter in color and has more bubbles, as well as a different surface pattern.

That's why it tears the flesh off that way instead of just burning him to death. It's acid, it's eating the flesh off his skin.
this whole time I have thought, and been told it was lava.

Dracandros

Smash Cadet
Thank you for the links Skyblade12! I never actually thought to try bomb jumping and Varia Suit jumping that way... :c

That doesn't explain why Ridley lives in such a glorious area where there is almost no heat. Must be those ruins...or he made Zebes so special.

I know I sound weird saying this, but I think I'd rather see Ridley fight on all fours then fight like Charizard - in a very similar fashion to how Meta Ridley fights without wings. His arm swats would look so much more devastating that way, and I've grown to like him staring right into Bowser's face and implying "YOU? Pfft".

BTW, that WWE video with Ridley...has been happily burned into my mind forever.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044

Well, this game just got FABULOUS! Dat tongue, tho.
I'm honestly a little bit sad and worried at this; worried because it could potentially debunk the Trophy Quiz theory! Sad because this would've been his one and only chance to be playable. Skyward Sword will no longer be relevant enough to add Ghirahim in Smash 5.

Again, I'm worried this will debunk the Trophy Quiz Theory. Please jump on me if I'm wrong!

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I'm honestly a little bit sad and worried at this; worried because it could potentially debunk the Trophy Quiz theory! Sad because this would've been his one and only chance to be playable. Skyward Sword will no longer be relevant enough to add Ghirahim in Smash 5.

Again, I'm worried this will debunk the Trophy Quiz Theory. Plus jump on me if I'm wrong!
Impa + Ridley mate.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

Again, I'm worried this will debunk the Trophy Quiz Theory. Plus jump on me if I'm wrong!
You're wrong. Impa is still an option and has been more likely from the beginning, as she has appeared in far more games in the series than Girahim.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
You're wrong. Impa is still an option and has been more likely from the beginning, as she has appeared in far more games in the series than Girahim.
I still don't get why others think the trophy quiz lost any credibility because their preferred Zelda rep didn't make it as playable, if Minda didn't become playable it makes no sense he would. Though saying that I'm still as skeptical about the quiz idea, and the whole anniversary of pyrosphere is dead (unless we get a surprise Friday), maybe we could get a Ridley reveal round about when PAX is on, but seems unlikely.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Id guess next monday or tuesday would be a good time for a normal direct, with the upcoming Mario Kart patch and the Pokemon announcement. Otherwise we may as well just wait for the launch trailer to learn the truth.

Now something Im thinking... If the leak was true (which I don't believe yet), I have to wonder if it could affect the plans for newcomer/veteran reveals. Revealing say, Wario or Bowser Jr (everyone else seem unlockable material), could confirm (most of) the remaining cast and ruin the surprises a whole two weeks from launch. Could they decide to withhold any kind of character and 3DS stages reveal til the game's launch to avoid the spoiling?
We could be waiting 2/3 of a month to learn whatever happens to Ridley.

wildvine47

Smash Ace

So, do any of you guys know where this Metaknight image is from? I found it on Tumblr and reverse image search is netting me absolutely nothing.

The way it's framed seems very deliberately in reference to someone we all know and love, but I can't find out where the hell this random Tumblr guy got it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Exactly. At this point, if the Trophy Theory is still a valid reason to expect Ridley it's also as valid to expect Impa in the same way.

Funny how this has turned out. Extremely funny! :laugh:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo

So, do any of you guys know where this Metaknight image is from? I found it on Tumblr and reverse image search is netting me absolutely nothing.

The way it's framed seems very deliberately in reference to someone we all know and love, but I can't find out where the hell this random Tumblr guy got it.
It's from NOE's twitter.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Exactly. At this point, if the Trophy Theory is still a valid reason to expect Ridley it's also as valid to expect Impa in the same way.

Funny how this has turned out. Extremely funny! :laugh:
Eh. I wouldn't put my hopes to that, to me it's become kind of similar to seeing characters in the clouds. Well, it's much more likely than any form of cloud speculation, but still.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ridley fans have often been the ones who have criticised me the most for wanting Impa. So yes, it's extremely ironic.
It is spelled "GHIRAHIM fans", not "Ridley fans". Nearly no one else cared about as far as i know. If there was a Ridley supporter who also was on that side, then that supporter most likely was Ghirahim supporter too.
I personally think that 1-shot characters that are just popular and/or important in that single game still have less chances than characters that appeared more. That is why Sylux has no chance. He is just popular and not even close to things like Dark Samus.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Now, Now, Let's not get IsmaR'd... okay? How about Impa and Ridley in the same game...? Anyone?
And Ganondorf with Hyrule Warriors moveset. Otherwise, no just because Ganondorf got that clone moveset once again despite being one of the most important/major characters in LoZ while we have less important characters getting new movesets. I won't really care if she is added while Ganondorf is still Falcondork, but it will be insulting to some.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Now, Now, Let's not get IsmaR'd... okay? How about Impa and Ridley in the same game...? Anyone?
Only if Impa isn't ending as a Shiek clone and doesn't have the Skywardsword appearance. I HATE that Impa. Inb4 the rumours of toonzelda are true... (Gee no!)...Or maybe the other world Zelda from A Link Between Worlds... Anyway, there are enough characters to draw from, so the trophy quiz and Ridleys chances still stand.

And Ganondorf with Hyrule Warriors moveset. Otherwise, no just because Ganondorf got that clone moveset once again despite being one of the most important/major characters in LoZ while we have less important characters getting new movesets.
New moveset? Try Shiek clone.

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
Guys, did you know that in the Eshop, there is a smash bros. "heroes" selling going on, atleast in Europe? We need a "villians" selling, too. Considering we are missing Ganondorf...could this possibly be the chance we are all waiting for? Especially since no Metroid Game price is reduced.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It is spelled "GHIRAHIM fans", not "Ridley fans". Nearly no one else cared about as far as i know. If there was a Ridley supporter who also was on that side, then that supporter most likely was Ghirahim supporter too.
I personally think that 1-shot characters that are just popular and/or important in that single game still have less chances than characters that appeared more. That is why Sylux has no chance. He is just popular and not even close to things like Dark Samus.
I'm speaking about 2 years time before your joining date, if not longer before that.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ridley fans have often been the ones who have criticised me the most for wanting Impa. So yes, it's extremely ironic.
Diddy. Don't even start that.

It wasn't Ridley fans.

It was everyone on the board because you were so unbelievably adamant about Sheik being replaced with her.

That didn't go over well.

It's also ironic that :4sheik: may be Impa's savior as chances are, if she's in, she's a last minute clone ala Doctor Mario and Dark Pit.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
New moveset? Try Shiek clone.
Wait...doesn't she has that big as s**t sword? Or there was completly ninja Impa? I know only about very old Impa that tells Link that Zelda is sleeping, blah blah, get Triforce of...something.
she's a last minute clone ala Doctor Mario and Dark Pit.
Did Sakurai or just Nintendo confirmed that? No? Then don't use that as an example.
Guys, did you know that in the Eshop, there is a smash bros. "heroes" selling going on, atleast in Europe? We need a "villians" selling, too. Considering we are missing Ganondorf...could this possibly be the chance we are all waiting for? Especially since no Metroid Game price is reduced.
Already happened. "Villains took over Eshop" or something like that. With NES Ridley and Dr.Willy.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Did Sakurai or just Nintendo confirmed that? No? Then don't use that as an example.

Fine.

Lucina.

Happy?

Really though. I've seen things.

This leak is true. I cannot stress this fact.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

You know it'll happen.
Scene does not contains K.Rool doing lap dance. Fake.

Fine.

Lucina.

Happy?

Really though. I've seen things.

This leak is true. I cannot stress this fact.
Yes. Except for last part. Leak can be true ONLY WHEN IT IS 100% CONFIRMED. 1% is not enough. 99% is not enough either. So, using it as example of something or using it for arguments is repeating Gematsu leak story, but worse. We should be above that.
Before you will try to prove it before Sakurai will actually do that 100%, this is not thread for that kind of c**p.

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Diddy. Don't even start that.

It wasn't Ridley fans.

It was everyone on the board because you were so unbelievably adamant about Sheik being replaced with her.

That didn't go over well.

It's also ironic that :4sheik: may be Impa's savior as chances are, if she's in, she's a last minute clone ala Doctor Mario and Dark Pit.
To be fair the number of people who started rambling on about Ghirahim on this thread, with no connection to Ridley what so ever pretty much drove me to being a Ghirahim detractor. Every time the trophy quiz was brought up it was always Ghirahim (for the Zelda rep) which would turn into a discussion about which Zelda rep would be better, and anyone who dare say Impa was criticised. I made a villain teaser idea, which included Ganondorf, Vaati and Ridley, and it was ridiculed because my newcomer Zelda rep wasn't Ghirahim, so I can see where Diddy's coming from.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Oh god, now it becomes Impa discusion instead of Ghirahim discussion. Oh, wait, it is not on topic either. IMHO, Vaati and Zant (no chance for this guy) look better than those 2. Ridley looks better than any of them. And better than Samus, ZSS, Bowser, K.Rool, Meta Knight, DDD, etc.
Oh, and Ridley No, i will never use that to make my post not so off-topic. Also, did anyone noticed that Anthony was pushing away Samus to protect her from explosion in the beginning of Other M? I think this is a very good thing to do because Samus would lose her upgrades once again because her suit's only weakness is explosions...sometimes...

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yes. Except for last part. Leak can be true ONLY WHEN IT IS 100% CONFIRMED. 1% is not enough. 99% is not enough either. So, using it as example of something or using it for arguments is repeating Gematsu leak story, but worse. We should be above that.
Before you will try to prove it before Sakurai will actually do that 100%, this is not thread for that kind of c**p.
So what do you call the Pokemon X and Y leaks?

And are you seriously going to say Wii Fit Trainer and "Mii Fighters" a lucky guess?

That's a ludicrous mindset.

If it was Ridley's chances on the line, I'd bet you'd be singing a different tune.

Regardless, there are leaks that open up possibilities for Ridley.

Release is three weaks away, it wouldn't be unheard of to start discussing those.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
So what do you call the Pokemon X and Y leaks?

And are you seriously going to say Wii Fit Trainer and "Mii Fighters" a lucky guess?

That's a ludicrous mindset.

If it was Ridley's chances on the line, I'd bet you'd be singing a different tune.

Regardless, there are leaks that open up possibilities for Ridley.

Release is three weaks away, it wouldn't be unheard of to start discussing those.
I don't know about that leak. And i don't really know those games. I don't even know exactly what are those X and Y transformations.

You will most likely hit target at least once with a machine gun even if you will not aim and just shoot in every direction in front of you. That was lucky guess. Anyway, that leak was fake and it was proven already by Sakurai himself and we don't need that "last minute change from playable to part of Final Smash" because he said he considered adding him, not that he added him and then replaced by something.

I would still not believe a leak with Ridley and will instead try to find a way to prove it is fake. Especially if it would be Brawley. I never defended any leak, even those who had Ridley on them. I won't be getting that game for at least 6 months after its release, so, i don't care about it a lot. But i do care when someone insults me or acts like he is superiour or has a legit proof that Ridley won't be playable because of some leaks that has not been proven to be true completly. I really hate idiots. There is too many in my country.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Wait...doesn't she has that big as s**t sword? Or there was completly ninja Impa? I know only about very old Impa that tells Link that Zelda is sleeping, blah blah, get Triforce of...something.
She only has that sword in Hyrule Warriors. Impa in Skyward Sword doesn't do s*** except trashtalking link and failing to ward of Ghirahim for the like 15 seconds it takes for Zelda to reach the time portal. The Impa in OoT taught Shiek all of her moves, so chances are that she has very similar moves to Shiek. And the Impas in basically all of the other LoZ titles is just Zeldas wetnurse.

Oh well... as long is it keeps the Trophy Quiz theory and thus Ridleys chances alive, so be it... Although I'd love Impa with the Hyrule Warriors appearance.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
What if Ridley, K.Rool, Mewtwo and Impa will get confirmed...but Ridley is Little Birdie, K.Rool is from cartoon and can't do s***, Mewtwo has a command menu like in Pokemon games and can't move because he follows classic RPG rules and Impa is that old Impa?

Top Bottom