• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Well, let us be honest here. Hate on Roidley's design all you want, he is getting all the purple ladies with those big, rolling muscles of his.

this is tempting me to take my drawing tablet out again
image.jpg
I personally like what Ridley's been doing with himself recently.

Kevinhend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kevinhend
3DS FC
1504-5780-8640
IT'S ALIVE!! And I shall dub it FrankenRidley!
Please excuse the drawing style here, this was a very quick and very rough sketch.

Last edited:

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
Hello Ridley fans, I just wanted to provide my support to this thread and for Ridley to be playable. I sympathize with you guys for some of the hardships you guys have had to deal with. I know when I've brought up this name or Mewtwo's in some places, detractors were in my face...

I believe he needs to be in the game and I honestly think he will. Even though it seems like he's a boss, I think Sakurai's just trying to troll us into thinking that so we can all be surprised and is evidence think Ridley is being built up big time. I feel on the same level as Palutena and the Mii fighters since they had a lot of buildup and Palutena had similar things happen (The Pseudo fake out, the statue, and being very vague about the names.) Toon Link had the same thing happen too actually. It would not surprise me if the same is happening to Ridley.

When they revealed Pyrosphere, they didn't directly say his name (Where did that happen before?) In the direct, they only showed his shadow and didn't even say his name or even explain or show any behaviors other than a small piece of what is assumed to be his tail. There's been occasional pic's of the day regarding size. Of course, the whole shadow distortion story some of you guys have talked about is other strong evidence on a playable inclusion.

Why do I think this is evidence of buildup? Because notice how with Assist trophies or characters that were deconfirmed, they flat out said deconfirmed and said their names. (Waluigi, Takamaru, Rayman, Skull kid, or said they were in assist trophy for someone like Ashley.) While with Ridley, just like they did with Palutena, they didn't directly say his name and have been very mysterious about it. Pyrosphere wasn't a stage in the E3 demo and when we see gameplay vids of characters on Pyrosphere, we don't see him at all... It seems very suspicious and very Sakurai like for creating hype for a character reveal. To me it points to Ridley's inclusion. There's just so much evidence and buildup to me that points to Ridley's inclusion of being playable.

Sakurai knows Western fans want Ridley and with the reveal of Lucina and Robin, that to me is a sign that Mewtwo and Ridleys chances of being playable increased ten fold (Higher chances of being playable). Here's a video by Wiidude83rebirth that explains very good evidence of why he and his friends think Ridley is being built up and is a playable character. I'm sure someone has posted it already, but I really like the video and it has very good points and strong evidence that you guys have found as well.

I still don't have ten posts, so I can't post a link yet unfortunately. I'll say what the video is called though. It's "Ridley's Situation in Super Smash Bros. for 3ds and Wii U" On Youtube.

You have my full support Ridley thread for Ridley's inclusion and it's time to see our favorite and overdue to be playable Space pirate leader. Little mac also increased Ridleys chances as a playable character as well in my book. I'm not letting any annoying detractors get in my way and I want to shine light on all you Ridley fans in the darkest of hours from Ridley detractors. Good luck everyone and I hope you get your Purple dragon that you guys have wanted since Melee.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
@Mewtwooultima
Hello Ridley fans, I just wanted to provide my support to this thread and for Ridley to be playable. I sympathize with you guys for some of the hardships you guys have had to deal with. I know when I've brought up this name or Mewtwo's in some places, detractors were in my face...

I believe he needs to be in the game and I honestly think he will. Even though it seems like he's a boss, I think Sakurai's just trying to troll us into thinking that so we can all be surprised and is evidence think Ridley is being built up big time. I feel on the same level as Palutena and the Mii fighters since they had a lot of buildup and Palutena had similar things happen (The Pseudo fake out, the statue, and being very vague about the names.) Toon Link had the same thing happen too actually. It would not surprise me if the same is happening to Ridley.

When they revealed Pyrosphere, they didn't directly say his name (Where did that happen before?) In the direct, they only showed his shadow and didn't even say his name or even explain or show any behaviors other than a small piece of what is assumed to be his tail. There's been occasional pic's of the day regarding size. Of course, the whole shadow distortion story some of you guys have talked about is other strong evidence on a playable inclusion.

Why do I think this is evidence of buildup? Because notice how with Assist trophies or characters that were deconfirmed, they flat out said deconfirmed and said their names. (Waluigi, Takamaru, Rayman, Skull kid, or said they were in assist trophy for someone like Ashley.) While with Ridley, just like they did with Palutena, they didn't directly say his name and have been very mysterious about it. Pyrosphere wasn't a stage in the E3 demo and when we see gameplay vids of characters on Pyrosphere, we don't see him at all... It seems very suspicious and very Sakurai like for creating hype for a character reveal. To me it points to Ridley's inclusion. There's just so much evidence and buildup to me that points to Ridley's inclusion of being playable.

Sakurai knows Western fans want Ridley and with the reveal of Lucina and Robin, that to me is a sign that Mewtwo and Ridleys chances of being playable increased ten fold (Higher chances of being playable). Here's a video by Wiidude83rebirth that explains very good evidence of why he and his friends think Ridley is being built up and is a playable character. I'm sure someone has posted it already, but I really like the video and it has very good points and strong evidence that you guys have found as well.

I still don't have ten posts, so I can't post a link yet unfortunately. I'll say what the video is called though. It's "Ridley's Situation in Super Smash Bros. for 3ds and Wii U" On Youtube.

You have my full support Ridley thread for Ridley's inclusion and it's time to see our favorite and overdue to be playable Space pirate leader. Little mac also increased Ridleys chances as a playable character as well in my book. I'm not letting any annoying detractors get in my way and I want to shine light on all you Ridley fans in the darkest of hours from Ridley detractors. Good luck everyone and I hope you get your Purple dragon that you guys have wanted since Melee.
I think I have the perfect thing for your cold, the chicken soup of the space pirates if you will.
Con0rrrrr editted the second post on this thread to provide POST-DIRECT evidence of Ridley being in the game. Please direct yourself there. And as always, don't drink the water.

Kevinhend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kevinhend
3DS FC
1504-5780-8640
The obvious answer is August, or as close to the anniversary of the Pyrosphere's unveiling as possible.
Or perhaps the Metroid anniversary, which probably won't happen but it would be preferable. At least we wouldn't have to wait an extra 2 weeks. But I agree that revealing him on the 20th would be more of poetic justice.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Or perhaps the Metroid anniversary, which probably won't happen but it would be preferable. At least we wouldn't have to wait an extra 2 weeks. But I agree that revealing him on the 20th would be more of poetic justice.
A direct is probably going to be very early august.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Hey guys, you know when you're browsing the character forum and you see this:

You can see your avatar besides the thread's name when you've posted in said thread. What you might not know is that you can mouse over your avatar and see how many posts you have in the thread.

I challenge you people to find out who has the most posts in this thread, and I'm going to start it out with my own 1,150 posts.

Last edited:

Kevinhend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kevinhend
3DS FC
1504-5780-8640
I challenge you people to find out who has the most posts in this thread, and I'm going to start it out with my own 1,150 posts.
I've only been here for about five days, but I do have 60 posts so far. And out of 64 total... that's a lot of Ridley.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito

This is a real thing. The comments included stuff like "He's stupid, others deserve it, half of em have never played Metroid" blah blah blah. I have literally played up to the Spore Sack Boss in Super Metroid, and have looked into buying Metroid games, so you could 100% say I haven't played it. I haven't played many games, but that doesn't mean Metroid doesn't deserve to have it's version of Bowser in the fray, especially after he's long overdue. Just because I haven't TRULY played the games, doesn't mean I can't research into a character for even 5 minutes and decide to myself, "They deserve to be playable because of how important they are to the series." I've played every Paper Mario game to date (except 3DS Failure) and in my opinion, I'm surprised Metroid hasn't gotten another by now. I know it's very different, but the way I view the Metroid representation at the moment is equivalent to if the Zelda reps were Link and Toon Link; the same person(again, every Link is different but you get my point) does not represent a series.
At the end of day, again, I'm 100% confident that he will be in the game. Even though I have never fully experienced a Metroid, I have researched many characters (Metroid or not) and whether I personally think they deserve a spot. Pictures like these tell me that these people just want series that they have played. The thing that I love about smash, once I played Melee, I expanded into other great franchises. These people can't tell me that a Giant Purple Space Pirate wouldn't get people interested in Metroid. The same concept got many people into Pokemon with it's MewTwo (not REALLY a villain), or with Ganondorf. Again, this series in itself includes a variety of characters from different universes that for one reason or another were chosen over the competition. To me, being as unbiased as ever, NOT EVEN TOUCHING A METROID, I can say it's ridiculous to say a Hunter or even Dark Samus would deserve a spot to the person who pretty much made the main antagonist who she is. This isn't like a Mario or Kirby game where they kinda just hate each other because the bad guy is bad, this is more like a Zelda timeline (though not as long or extreme) where this being literally crawls back from death itself to do battle with the thing he hates. At the end of the day, I might not have played a single Metroid game you could say, but I feel (and practically know at this point) that yes, you guys on here that have wanted your main antagonist for so long rightfully deserve him.
The Enemy from the Past WILL appear at any moment.

NatP

Smash Ace
How the hell do I have 55 posts on this thread already?! Wow, was not expecting to have so many posts.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
That right there is my No.1 Fear, After the Chorus Men’s reveal trailer.

"PIC of the DAY! That enemy from Samus’s past has finally arrived, here is Ridley the Boss of the Pyrosphere, don’t let him grab you with his feet!!"

Then he does like a feature on other un yet revealed bosses he’s so proud of.

The Detractors taunting would be the worst.
“See told ya, just like we said… TOO BIG”
That's what I'm afraid of as well. I feel like Sakurai probably believes that Ridley even being a boss is something surprise worthy, and he thinks as fans we'll be happy to have him in regardless...which is not the case.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

You can see your avatar besides the thread's name when you've posted in said thread. What you might not know is that you can mouse over your avatar and see how many posts you have in the thread.

Wow... I've only been on Smashboards 3 months and I have 408 posts in this thread. Damn. :p (I have 509 in the K. Rool thread.)

EDIT: Even more ironic, I've spent almost half of my total posts in these two threads. :D

That's what I'm afraid of as well. I feel like Sakurai probably believes that Ridley even being a boss is something surprise worthy, and he thinks as fans we'll be happy to have him in regardless...which is not the case.
I don't follow the logic. Sakurai knows what he's doing.

Last edited:

SpacePirate

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4441-9947-2377

This is a real thing. The comments included stuff like "He's stupid, others deserve it, half of em have never played Metroid" blah blah blah. I have literally played up to the Spore Sack Boss in Super Metroid, and have looked into buying Metroid games, so you could 100% say I haven't played it. I haven't played many games, but that doesn't mean Metroid doesn't deserve to have it's version of Bowser in the fray, especially after he's long overdue. Just because I haven't TRULY played the games, doesn't mean I can't research into a character for even 5 minutes and decide to myself, "They deserve to be playable because of how important they are to the series." I've played every Paper Mario game to date (except 3DS Failure) and in my opinion, I'm surprised Metroid hasn't gotten another by now. I know it's very different, but the way I view the Metroid representation at the moment is equivalent to if the Zelda reps were Link and Toon Link; the same person(again, every Link is different but you get my point) does not represent a series.
At the end of day, again, I'm 100% confident that he will be in the game. Even though I have never fully experienced a Metroid, I have researched many characters (Metroid or not) and whether I personally think they deserve a spot. Pictures like these tell me that these people just want series that they have played. The thing that I love about smash, once I played Melee, I expanded into other great franchises. These people can't tell me that a Giant Purple Space Pirate wouldn't get people interested in Metroid. The same concept got many people into Pokemon with it's MewTwo (not REALLY a villain), or with Ganondorf. Again, this series in itself includes a variety of characters from different universes that for one reason or another were chosen over the competition. To me, being as unbiased as ever, NOT EVEN TOUCHING A METROID, I can say it's ridiculous to say a Hunter or even Dark Samus would deserve a spot to the person who pretty much made the main antagonist who she is. This isn't like a Mario or Kirby game where they kinda just hate each other because the bad guy is bad, this is more like a Zelda timeline (though not as long or extreme) where this being literally crawls back from death itself to do battle with the thing he hates. At the end of the day, I might not have played a single Metroid game you could say, but I feel (and practically know at this point) that yes, you guys on here that have wanted your main antagonist for so long rightfully deserve him.
The Enemy from the Past WILL appear at any moment.

That profile actually exists on Miiverse...

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Welcome new people, enjoy your stay here (and don't drink the water) :3

In regards to that HP thing, I think the text is meant to be 残 り HP which is basically "remaining HP".

So this could mean that it might not be to do with a boss, it could be for a character instead, but it's just a debug thing that Sakurai and the team forgot to remove for the SSB Direct trailer compilation.

(If someone already said this, I'm sorry D: )

Catydoll409

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Catydoll409
3DS FC
0130-1839-1312
Holy crud, I've posted 88 times in here. It's not as impressive of a number as other people, but that's a pretty good chunk of all the posts I've ever made so far.

Kevinhend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kevinhend
3DS FC
1504-5780-8640
I'd like to think Sakurai is more intelligent than that. It seems pointless to hype something we had in the last game. I mean, old veterans are announced in PotDs, so why make a big deal out of a returning boss?

Edit: "Old veteran" is really redundant. That's what I get for staying up on here late.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
See, it's this kind of **** that really makes wish I had the ability to send homing fist-shaped missiles at their faces.

By the way, I have made 1048 posts in this thread at this point. Huh. Almost half of my entire post count is due to this thread alone.

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601

Wow, 220 posts for me

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I'd like to think Sakurai is more intelligent than that. It seems pointless to hype something we had in the last game. I mean, old veterans are announced in PotDs, so why make a big deal out of a returning boss?

Edit: "Old veteran" is really redundant. That's what I get for staying up on here late.
True, but this is sakurai were talking about; you never know. However, I just watched pysborgs video a few minutes ago, and it's really interesting. Sakurai even directly addressed the "too big" argument in a PotD

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Meh, 821 in post count for this thread. Tend to either be lurking when redundant or the most random off-topic stuff goes on here or I'll sometimes miss some of the heated conversations when they happen. Still quite a bit of posts though considering that I suppose.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
I generally feel that since Miiverse was intentionally made so that developers and others WEREN'T left out of the loop when it came to the fanbase's demands, that Nintendo of America has explained to Sakurai that Ridley is a highly, highly polarizing character, but also noting that there's ultimately much more actual resolvement of the issue if he's included in the game as a playable character and not a boss or assist trophy. Sakurai has probably been working on him for months now after that discussion. I also feel that some characters, such as Rosalina, were similarly implemented, so it kinda balances out. On the other hand, Takamaru is an assist trophy, so the issue is not exactly 100% resolved.

Weavel

Smash Ace
You think nintendo ever comes to look at stuff here? It just hit me that mii verse may be the better place to garner attention from them.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman

I completely agree. It is incredibly pointless, yet this is Sakurai we're talking about. All I'm saying is, I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if he were to do something like that. I would certainly hope he wouldn't though.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
You think nintendo ever comes to look at stuff here? It just hit me that mii verse may be the better place to garner attention from them.
I think about this sometimes. Like, what if they just come here and read some posts for fun? Or maybe they just laugh at everyone over-speculating.

What if that's where all the guests came from...

I was expecting more posts seeing as how I'm always on here. Guess I just lurk a lot...

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Can't believe I have yet to post here. Since I find myself occasionally lurking here, consider me as a Ridley supporter! Ridley is far overdue for a spot in Smash!

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
So, turns out I've posted about 300 posts in here. It's beaten out by the Shulk thread, in which I have about 400.
Though, I could've sworn I was in the K. Rool thread more. I've only posted about 80 times in there...

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
So, turns out I've posted about 300 posts in here. It's beaten out by the Shulk thread, in which I have about 400.
Though, I could've sworn I was in the K. Rool thread more. I've only posted about 80 times in there...
The tremendous trio! I've spent quite some time in k rool as well. Hopefully all three get in.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
For supporting a maniacal crocodile, there a pretty chill thread.

Morbi

Scavenger
Apparently; I only have 650 posts in this thread, I suppose I have not been dropping by as much...

Well, actually 651 as of this post. So that is a start!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
As of this post, I have 1340 posts to my name.
****, you beat me, and I even joined in on the discussion a year earlier than you! You're at least the record holder thus far, but I doubt anyone will be able to match your Ridley posts to total post count ratio.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Fellow Ridley Supporters, besides the stage, what do you think of this?:

Credit to evilwaluigi.

Last edited:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
I feel sad for this guy...:(

The only things that he found to do was to create a mii and a miiverse profile to write a concentrate of immature and senseless things.

His life must be soooooo boring.
I dunno about you guys, but I think this dude is hilarious

All he does, like so many others on this social network, is sit around all day and make fun of Ridley Supporters and Ridley

It's things like this that backfire heavily when the game is released, honestly if Ridley stops people from buying a game, I'm glad they're gone, obviously they were too immature to handle it in the first place.

Top Bottom