• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Fellow Ridley Supporters, besides the stage, what do you think of this?:

I like how he fixed the head by giving him pupils and making his beak into an actual jaw, and I'm happy he brought back the classic neck too. I'd prefer if his Down-B stabs instead of drags though even if it's a minor detail, and I'd also prefer fireballs to another flamethrower. I take it the Side-B is a command grab and his Up-B is a Pit-esque recovery, and I'm fine with both as long as he can attack out of the Up-B without going into a helpless state. I'm not sure what the final smash is supposed to be, but gosh darn it I want my Space Pirate raid! The palette swaps are crazy cool though, I adore the ZM and white one. Oh and the Kirby hat is super adorable.

Overall I'd be very satisfied with this.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Fellow Ridley Supporters, besides the stage, what do you think of this?:

I like it if only for the fact that it features Hybridley in it.

And I love how everyone pretty much agrees on Ridley's moveset setup.

B - Fireball Attack
Side B - Command Grab
Up B - "Infinite" Flight
Down B - Pogo Tail of Doooom

As well as what his palettes would be.

roidsxd.png

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Huh, I made only 940 posts in this thread.

I thought I made myself more open to the rest of SmashBoards since then, but from the looks of things I guess not.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
If Ridley gets confirmed, someone needs to use animating magic to make a version of Mario Party 4's ending, but with Ridley instead of Mario/Luigi/Peach/Yoshi/DK/Wario/Daisy/Waluigi.
Ridley needs his own constellation.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I dunno about you guys, but I think this dude is hilarious

All he does, like so many others on this social network, is sit around all day and make fun of Ridley Supporters and Ridley

It's things like this that backfire heavily when the game is released, honestly if Ridley stops people from buying a game, I'm glad they're gone, obviously they were too immature to handle it in the first place.
He must look like this in real life:

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Hey guys, you know when you're browsing the character forum and you see this:

You can see your avatar besides the thread's name when you've posted in said thread. What you might not know is that you can mouse over your avatar and see how many posts you have in the thread.

I challenge you people to find out who has the most posts in this thread, and I'm going to start it out with my own 1,150 posts.
HA sucker, I got 37 excluding this one, clearly I win

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
So I will be gone tomorrow, day at Six Flags while Colossus is still there, but I have been curious for awhile now. I keep seeing it mentioned that August is most-likely when Ridley will be revealed, due to the metroid anniversary, and the likelihood of a Direct. Do you think it will be another Smash Direct like in April, or will it be a normal direct, with Smash Bros featured at some point? I ask because we are coming up to not just Smash 3ds' release, but also Hyrule Warriors and Pokemon AS/OR.

Interestingly, if they think about the Metroid anniversary and Hyrule Warriors, perhaps we will get a double reveal that will support the trophy theory. Just a thought though.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If Dark Pit is a boss, then we are absolutely screwed gents.

The shadow evidence will be null and void. I hope you're ready for that.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We were using it to prove that Ridley was small right?

Well if Dark Pit of all things is a boss then it doesn't matter as small characters can be bosses.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
If Dark Pit is a boss, then we are absolutely screwed gents.

The shadow evidence will be null and void. I hope you're ready for that.
Are you saying this because if Dark Pit is one, then Ridley can still be a boss hazard even at a playable character size?

Well if Dark Pit of all things is a boss then it doesn't matter as small characters can be bosses.
Ah, I see.

Doesn't really change the fact that the shadow moved pretty slowly.

Last edited:

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725

That is true, but why would Mr. Sakurai scale him down if he was going to play a similar role to last game? Also, am I the only one hoping the boss for Palutenas temple changes, given how big the stage is? Like, sometimes the Hewdraw attacks, sometimes the Chaos Kin shows up, maybe even Medusa.

Bananija

Count of Trickery

Yeah, but Dark Pit is naturally small, I don't see the point to reduce Ridley at a playable size to make him a boss.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
So I will be gone tomorrow, day at Six Flags while Colossus is still there, but I have been curious for awhile now. I keep seeing it mentioned that August is most-likely when Ridley will be revealed, due to the metroid anniversary, and the likelihood of a Direct. Do you think it will be another Smash Direct like in April, or will it be a normal direct, with Smash Bros featured at some point? I ask because we are coming up to not just Smash 3ds' release, but also Hyrule Warriors and Pokemon AS/OR.

Interestingly, if they think about the Metroid anniversary and Hyrule Warriors, perhaps we will get a double reveal that will support the trophy theory. Just a thought though.
Ideally for me, it would be a general direct. Using the anniversary to announce the release of Metroid Zero Mission on the west, and after that, the Smash logo pops in....

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

Well, the difference is that Pit uses his natural size, while Ridley has been shrunk down, which is rather pointless if he's a boss.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So he could fly around without screwing with platforms?

Maybe the shadow math is just wrong?

There are a lot of possibilities man.

Laniv

Smash Champion
D-did you drink the water...?

Someone get an antidote, stat! D:
Wait, what happens when we drink the water? 'Cause there was a drinking fountain near the door and I'm not exactly sure what happens.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman

you're right... lets close this topic, all hope is lost.

i give up.

ridley deconfirmed. :sadeyes:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman

The Megaman stage has its platforms vanish when the YD appears, so I'd guess Big Ridley would do the same. But yes, we don't actually know what Ridley does as a boss other than flying and hovering in place. Everything can point both ways.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario

Doesn't yellow devil screw around with the platforms? Or don't they disappear whenever a boss shows up?

Last edited:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Wait, what happens when we drink the water? 'Cause there was a drinking fountain near the door and I'm not exactly sure what happens.
Worst case scenario, you turn into a clone of Shokio. If you have better luck, you turn into an amoeba and lose less IQ.

D

Deleted member

D-did you drink the water...?

Someone get an antidote, stat! D:
He's not necessarily acting as a "TooBigot", as he never said anything to the effect of "Ridley is too big for Smash, end of conversation." Rather, he was simply pointing out the possibility that Ridley (although unnecessarily downsized imo) could be a Stage Boss since Dark Pit may be a Stage Boss for Palutena's temple, while being about the size of an average human.

He was more so saying that our Shadow Analysis would not matter since Stage Bosses will apparently not have any sort of "size prerequisite" to fill if Dark Pit, a human-sized character, is a Stage Boss for Palutena's Temple.

I personally am of the opinion (as I have said) that a size reduction would be unnecessary if Ridley were simply to be made (relegated to, really, if you consider the fact that he was an actual Story Boss in Brawl) a Stage Boss considering the size of Yellow Devil, a confirmed Stage Boss who is quite large.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Hey guys, you know when you're browsing the character forum and you see this:

You can see your avatar besides the thread's name when you've posted in said thread. What you might not know is that you can mouse over your avatar and see how many posts you have in the thread.

I challenge you people to find out who has the most posts in this thread, and I'm going to start it out with my own 1,150 posts.
1,512 (+1)

My internship this summer has been quite productive, it seems

Last edited:

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I swear, there will be riots in Japan if Ridley isn't playable.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's like people think I want Ridley to be a hazard when I've been supporting him in this thread for two years...

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
We real should stop hating on shokio so much. He makes a few videos. We should not make him "THE FACE OF THE ENEMY!!11!1"

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
It's like people think I want Ridley to be a hazard when I've been supporting him in this thread for two years...
Don't let them get to you. I've had that feeling sometimes, deep down.

But for all we know, maybe Sakurai actually does think we'd get hyped by seeing the return of Bossley.

AbioFlesh

Smash Lord
Wrong place, Japan couldn't really care less about Metroid tbh
I think they're talking about Ridley supporters going to Japan ready to burn down Nintendo's headquarters.

We real should stop hating on shokio so much. He makes a few videos. We should not make him "THE FACE OF THE ENEMY!!11!1"
As much as his stance on Ridley bugs me, I can't hate him. He's the brother of one of my favorite Youtubers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think people missed the point that I was joking -_-
Sarcasm, unless made blatantly obvious, is often hard to effectively convey through text.

:p

Don't worry about it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom