• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Eh, I don't think Dark Pit would affect Ridley that much, like people have said it's not about the bosses' sizes, it's about Ridley's size, if the shadow comparisons are right Ridley has been scaled down unlike in the last game where he was scaled up in order to match a boss size.

I do think it's worth bringing up though, don't jump down peoples' throats guys, especially not as big a supporter as Swampasaur. We shouldn't go nuts when someone comes in and asks a question that might threaten Ridley, people shouldn't be in denial that there's a real chance Ridley might not be playable, so it's fine that we're posed these questions sometimes, and it's even better if we can ask each other these questions. I've personally had something on my mind in relation to the shadow, but that will wait 'till later.

Last edited:

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
How were you guys introduced to the gloriousness that is Ridley? Official Nintendo Magazine had a Brawl issue, and talked about the SSE with bosses like Rayquaza and Samus's nemesis Ridley. I was a stupid kid and thought Ridley would be some other person in a suit(I barely knew any gaming IPs either back then)Years later, I played Brawl through Subspace, and saw the cutscene with Ridley. "OH MY GOD WHO THE HELL IS THAT!?!?!?!? THAT DRAGON IS FRICKING AWESOME!" is what my reaction might have been, but less cursing, then I saw his name. "THAT'S Ridley?!?!?"And now, we are united!
Metroid Prime was my first ever Metroid game, and one of the first Nintendo games I ever owned. The moment I saw this fierce look from a dragon with flaming eyes, I instantly thought he was my new favorite villain. That scene where he flies over Phendrana Drifts with the snow falling is one of my all-time favorite cutscenes. It made me instantly fall in love with the series too, and the more Metroid games I played, the more I appreciated them, and the more I realized that Ridley's more than a villain, he's an absolute nemesis, and a cunning Space Pirate leader. Super Metroid is my favorite Ridley experience though, as I mentioned before.

First4Figures is also taking preorders for a new Light Suit statue they're making starting today.

Also, for your entertainment:

Attachments

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Fellow Ridley Supporters, besides the stage, what do you think of this?:

I believe I saw this image and others like it by the same artist before Pyrosphere was even a revealed stage. Hence the stage at the bottom being referred to as the Geothermal Power Plant instead of just Pyrosphere. lol

Still all this talk about Metroid's anniversary huh? Aside from it usually being ignored for the most part like its 25th was, I'd might have a little more faith in it being the time for a Ridley reveal if (IIRC) other series didn't also have an anniversary around that time. Metroid's would no doubt get outprioritized in which case.

And I see the point about if Dark Pit gets made a boss, even though it wouldn't explain why Ridley himself was downsized.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I don't understand the "reasoning" why if Dark Pit gets deconfirmed that Ridley gets deconfirmed as well. Is it just a joke?

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
If Ridley wrote a letter to sakurai it would go like this:
Dear Masahiro Sakurai,
Incase you were wondering who i am, my name is Ridley. And yes, I know im awesome. You may have just noticed how awesome I am since I did make it to your most wanted characters list. Thats right, I know about it. And the truth is, im awesome. There is no doubt about it. And i can make this game more awesome with me apart of it. I mean come on, you let some pale trainer girl from wii fit in. I mean who even played that game!? I mean, you know, its all right that your putting in a character from the sports genre, but what about a character thats highly requested? In case you didn't know, I have a huge fan base support. They've been crying and cutting themselves for years, wondering when I will be a playable character. And now, this is your chance, your chance to make probably one of the best games, even better. The truth is, if i haven't been disconfirmed from that April direct and I still have people worshiping me, it must mean that I am awesome. And that this is the perfect time to include me. Don't let the fans down sir, the choice is yours. The choice is yours...make me playable, or face the biggest ridley debate in history. Oh, and i'll blow up Japan. Thats right, im so awesome I can do that. I will blow it up with pure awesomness. Choose wisely sir.
Signed, Ridley

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I don't understand the "reasoning" why if Dark Pit gets deconfirmed that Ridley gets deconfirmed as well. Is it just a joke?
For me is mostly Sakurai can and will tease bosses... so the whole, why the hell he teased ridley if it is a boss would loose some power. still wouldn't outright deconfirm ridley.. still is stupid to tease ridley as a boss if he always have been a boss. and stuff likes thta... but still hurts

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Here's part of the Ridley project I was thinking....it will turn into something else....

10574406_655521881196051_4946822574511008385_n.jpg

A Ridley Coaster! YAY! :D

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
If Ridley gets disconfirmed, the angry fans will be all ogre Massive Villain Sack of Rye.
Massive Hero Sack of Rye is safe though, because of the second post.
ALL HAIL SmashOperatingBuddy
ALL HAIL Dalek_Kolt
ALL HAIL C0norrrrr
ALL HAIL RIDLEY!

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I believe I saw this image and others like it by the same artist before Pyrosphere was even a revealed stage. Hence the stage at the bottom being referred to as the Geothermal Power Plant instead of just Pyrosphere. lol

Still all this talk about Metroid's anniversary huh? Aside from it usually being ignored for the most part like its 25th was, I'd might have a little more faith in it being the time for a Ridley reveal if (IIRC) other series didn't also have an anniversary around that time. Metroid's would no doubt get outprioritized in which case.

And I see the point about if Dark Pit gets made a boss, even though it wouldn't explain why Ridley himself was downsized.
I don't know about you, but a Ridley reveal on the 6th would be a bigger treat than anything they could have done for Metroid's 25th. I also think the heavily critical review of Other M the year before made them think twice about even mentioning Metroid with the furor still hot.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Te acuerdas de Ridley? ese jefe del smash? Volvio! en forma de fichas!

Sorry, just could only think of that :c
xD Ahora que lo veo..si se parece a las fichas!

Sounds really sweet to have when watching Metroid Gameplay Marathons.
-u- Oh yeah definitely! I was going to make it just a circle with random patterns...but it looked boring...so I added Ridley to it...I couldn't resist!

Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
wait, so platforms vanish when bosses appear?

is this a DEFINITE thing that happens?

if platforms vanish during boss/hazard appearances, that would pretty much be concrete proof ridley is playable since people were sure he landed on a platform at one point.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
xD Ahora que lo veo..si se parece a las fichas!

-u- Oh yeah definitely! I was going to make it just a circle with random patterns...but it looked boring...so I added Ridley to it...I couldn't resist!
It looks great. Showing that off might get people jealous. :smirk:

Zyfoe

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
You know, Ridley is pretty much the typical Smashboarder.

Big

Constantly hunched over

Has a set of crooked teeth

No fingernails; instead he has a set of overgrown claws

Long narrow face like that of a duck

Makes women have PTSD

Has no mercy for any form of life

Breath that can kill

Has a liking for dark places far away from society

Highly intelligent, but no one understands what he is saying

No matter how many times you defeat him, he always wants to come back and fight you

And has an unhealthy obsession with an attractive anime woman.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
wait, so platforms vanish when bosses appear?

is this a DEFINITE thing that happens?

if platforms vanish during boss/hazard appearances, that would pretty much be concrete proof ridley is playable since people were sure he landed on a platform at one point.
i went to check wilys castle to see if this is true. http://youtu.be/d1f0bvNhCng?t=24s the platforms rise to the heavens as yellow devil appears in the bg, then comes to the arena to fight. if that was a platform ridley landed on at the end of the direct, then this gives him more evidence. keep in mind however that it is one boss, we dont know if platforms on other stages will disappear when a boss shows up.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Something I was thinking about earlier today was, how many stages will have bosses?

Who/What will those bosses be/do?

What will be the benefit to defeating them?

TrueDarkAce

Smash Cadet
Something I was thinking about earlier today was, how many stages will have bosses?

He hasn't revealed any bosses other than the Yellow Devil has he?

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
I don't get it. What does Dark Pit being a boss have to do with deconfirming Ridley?

During the Era of SSBM, Bowser was technically a boss for adventure mode with a different size... and he's playable. So in regards to that, Dark Pit could have slightly altered moves as a Boss and still be an Alt/Color Swap for Pit. This also goes back to SSBB where dark versions of the characters faced you and technically were hindrance to your progress through SSE (Adventure Mode). So if Dark Pit is a Boss and technically a playable character in that sense then so can Ridley.

Also, if Dark Pit is announced as Boss just proves the point that Ridley's role has been prolonged in mystery even more considering we already got a glimpse of Dark Pit during the Palutena trailer. This mystery has lasted long enough to almost guarantee that he is possibly playable.

Last edited:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman

the benefit will be knowing that you took down something, also explosion

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
i went to check wilys castle to see if this is true. http://youtu.be/d1f0bvNhCng?t=24s the platforms rise to the heavens as yellow devil appears in the bg, then comes to the arena to fight. if that was a platform ridley landed on at the end of the direct, then this gives him more evidence. keep in mind however that it is one boss, we dont know if platforms on other stages will disappear when a boss shows up.
well, its something... if we could just determine whether or not platforms are on the other stages with bosses and if they vanish when the bosses show up, we'd be set.

what other bosses do we know of?

that... weird... monster thing that appears on that mii-inspired stage?

dark emperor, is that what it was called?

come on, people... there has to be SOMETHING out there... search, search with all your might!

if a picture giving us the proof we need doesnt exist... THEN MAKE IT EXIST!

use your imagination... USE IT!!!

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
well, its something... if we could just determine whether or not platforms are on the other stages with bosses and if they vanish when the bosses show up, we'd be set.

what other bosses do we know of?

that... weird... monster thing that appears on that mii-inspired stage?

dark emperor, is that what it was called?

come on, people... there has to be SOMETHING out there... search, search with all your might!

if a picture giving us the proof we need doesnt exist... THEN MAKE IT EXIST!

use your imagination... USE IT!!!

Ridley is a Ridley on the Ridleysphere

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Dear Masahiro Sakurai,
Incase you were wondering who i am, my name is Ridley. And yes, I know im awesome. You may have just noticed how awesome I am since I did make it to your most wanted characters list. Thats right, I know about it. And the truth is, im awesome. There is no doubt about it. And i can make this game more awesome with me apart of it. I mean come on, you let some pale trainer girl from wii fit in. I mean who even played that game!? I mean, you know, its all right that your putting in a character from the sports genre, but what about a character thats highly requested? In case you didn't know, I have a huge fan base support. They've been crying and cutting themselves for years, wondering when I will be a playable character. And now, this is your chance, your chance to make probably one of the best games, even better. The truth is, if i haven't been disconfirmed from that April direct and I still have people worshiping me, it must mean that I am awesome. And that this is the perfect time to include me. Don't let the fans down sir, the choice is yours. The choice is yours...make me playable, or face the biggest ridley debate in history. Oh, and i'll blow up Japan. Thats right, im so awesome I can do that. I will blow it up with pure awesomness. Choose wisely sir.
Signed, Ridley
Why is Ridley stealing Geno's schtick?
He would never do that!
Ridley is many terrible things, but a plagiarizer is not one of them!

:awesome:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Dear Masahiro Sakurai,
Signed, Ridley
If Ridley wrote a letter to Sakurai, I have a feeling it would end up something like this:

Because his hands are too big to hold a pencil he'd end up ripping the paper :troll:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
...Does anyone else picture Ridley having sort of a Gentlemanly-yet-demonic voice if he spoke english?

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Looking at some other comments, I realize that my post count in this thread specifically is lacking...
I can redeem myself, though! Starting right now!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I made one post that worth a hundred lol.

Tough, I may need more time to tell if I'm ok with saying almost confirmed on him. I think you'll understand why, but it still was probably the weirdest case we could get ever.

I actually state his case more as an exception than usual. It;s so unique case for speculating honestly.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
On the dark pit subject, it isn't so much that Ridley is too small (heh) to be a boss, but rather that he is small enough to be playable. Dark pit means nothing.

Edit: I want to imagine Ridley with rob halfords voice. He could song "IM YOUR TURBO LOVAAAA'!" As he drags Samus around.

Last edited:
Top Bottom