• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Professor Layton for SSB4 thread!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
*Insert Luke's Azran Legacy's "It's over isn't it? scene here"*

Welp, guess it's over now. Not that I had much faith anymore in us seeing Layton but now that the full roster is revealed I guess that's more or less the final nail in the coffin for us seeing anyone else at this point (Unless DLC gets confirmed sometime down the road, but even then I don't think we'd see the Prof in it.)

Welp, guess I'd better hurry up and carry the last few things over before this place gets shut down.

Again, if you want to join the group, feel free to send me a PM.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well my friends... It's been a long ride. Thanks for the memories and speculation.

The speculation.. is over.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Now that DLC is a possibility, I consider Layton as one of the likeliest third-parties to be playable in this game because of marketing. He may have not made into the main roster (which we all can understand the reason why), but we can all hope for him as a DLC character!

Who's with me?!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Now that DLC is a possibility, I consider Layton as one of the likeliest third-parties to be playable in this game because of marketing. He may have not made into the main roster (which we all can understand the reason why), but we can all hope for him as a DLC character!

Who's with me?!
Likely or otherwise, he's still on my list of favourite DLC candidates, so yeah, I'm with ya.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh we can post in support threads again I see. Well eitherway, I don't think I'll be locking up the Professor Layton social group as I think it would still be useful for certain other things, but yeah, feel free to discuss Layton further in this thread now that it has been reopened. :)

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Yeah, all you are doing is just describing that's not really a strong argument, to me DLC can go anywhere.
With the main roster already shown, there's less restrictions for who gets in the main roster, especially with third parties.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Professor Layton getting in at this point is just as good of a chance as if I won my school's elimination draw.

Not very likely, but I would REALLY like it if it happened.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
And.. we're back. With the promise of DLC finally here, Layton's support is back. These boards just got fun again.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, all you are doing is just describing that's not really a strong argument, to me DLC can go anywhere.
With the main roster already shown, there's less restrictions for who gets in the main roster, especially with third parties.
what i mean is i just dont see them doing it, they'll probably only be a few dlc characters and i just dont see them going to the trouble of getting a lince

i just think its unlikely

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
what i mean is i just dont see them doing it, they'll probably only be a few dlc characters and i just dont see them going to the trouble of getting a lince

i just think its unlikely
Even though Rayman and a character from Culdcept (a third-party) is a trophy despite what more they could've done?
I don't think it's really a hassle at all.

~Anime~Arts~

Smash Rookie
My friend sent me this and said he got it from a leak site or something. It looks realistic and buyable but I dont know

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
That looks really fake, the low polyness, the jaggies, etc etc. That is definitely a Brawl mod. I don't see what's "realistic" about this.

Last edited:

~Anime~Arts~

Smash Rookie
That looks really fake, the low polyness, the jaggies, etc etc. That is definitely a Brawl mod. I don't see what's "realistic" about this.
Personally I thought it looked cool unlikely true but quite awesome. I'm not quite tech savvy so I didn't notice the little things like you did.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Personally I thought it looked cool unlikely true but quite awesome. I'm not quite tech savvy so I didn't notice the little things like you did.
Yeah, it does look like a pretty cool mod. Just that when you compare it to Wii U snapshots... yeah

Although I wouldn't call myself really tech savvy, I can sort of tell right away it's from Brawl.

(I apologize for sounding rude earlier, I should've been nicer)

~Anime~Arts~

Smash Rookie
Yeah, it does look like a pretty cool mod. Just that when you compare it to Wii U snapshots... yeah

Although I wouldn't call myself really tech savvy, I can sort of tell right away it's from Brawl.

(I apologize for sounding rude earlier, I should've been nicer)
It's cool I understand completely and yeah that is the Luigi Mansion from Brawl

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah that's just a Brawl mod @ ~Anime~Arts~ ~Anime~Arts~

A pretty neat one in fact. There is another Layton mod that's a bit more accurate to Layton's size as well but that's just a skin over Luigi if I recall correctly. You can find quite a number of interesting ones over at the Brawl Vault.

Last edited:

~Anime~Arts~

Smash Rookie
Yeah that's just a Brawl mod @ ~Anime~Arts~ ~Anime~Arts~

A pretty neat one in fact. There is another Layton mod that's a bit more accurate to Layton's size as well but that's just a skin over Luigi if I recall correctly. You can find quite a number of interesting ones over at the Brawl Vault.
Yeah I saw one of Elsa I knew it was fake because it had Zelda at the bottom

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i had a thought for his final smash: when activated a portal appears in front of layton and catches fighter and much like shulk, megaman, DHD and C. falcon they are sent into a sort cinematic state, basically i turns into the animated cut scenes found through out the games (except for the opposing fighters) they're in a room full of familiar layton series faces layton is standing in the middle and says "The ones responsible are you there" the professor points at the caught fighter causing damage and sending them flying

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Really, Layton (just under Snake) probably has the best chance for 3rd party DLC.
:colorful:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
What about Rayman?
I hope he has at least a trophy on the Wii U version. Would be great if he was DLC but I guess we'd probably have to wait until we get some more info about it besides Mewtwo and the Miiverse stage. But that's just me I guess.... :T

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I wonder if the Miiverse stage will come with the Mewtwo DLC....

ToonAdri

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Toonadri
I don't think layton is DLC,but maybe nintendo buy layton (its possible)and add him (whit luke obiously xD)
but the most posible 3rdparty is a dragon quest rep (slime are a popular request in japan and the series solds very well and his nintendo history,similary case with layton but he is not a popular request...)

Last edited:

~Anime~Arts~

Smash Rookie
I like your idea for a final smash fogbadge. In the background I could see some of the people on your journeys with you (Luke, Flora, Emmy, etc) in the background acting shocked like everyones reaction when Layton figures out who the culprit really is.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I like your idea for a final smash fogbadge. In the background I could see some of the people on your journeys with you (Luke, Flora, Emmy, etc) in the background acting shocked like everyones reaction when Layton figures out who the culprit really is.
thank you

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Layton's the only newcomer I'd want more than Ridley, and that's saying a whole lot, and if we get Snake or Rayman DLC, it'd set a precedent for third-parties being able to be added through DLC. I can picture his trailer starting out with the Layton cutscene style as he receives a letter.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Professor Layton is a newcomer that I would like added as DLC. He has spent his whole life on the 3DS/DS supporting Nintendo and is like Today's Megaman with how synonymous his name with Nintendo is.

Hopefully Nintendo/Sakurai goes through with the Licensing and Legal things in order to obtain Professor Layton.

~Anime~Arts~

Smash Rookie
I would absolutely love to have Layton in the Wii U game even though that would mean I would have to buy a Wii U to play it

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
i had a thought for his final smash: when activated a portal appears in front of layton and catches fighter and much like shulk, megaman, DHD and C. falcon they are sent into a sort cinematic state, basically i turns into the animated cut scenes found through out the games (except for the opposing fighters) they're in a room full of familiar layton series faces layton is standing in the middle and says "The ones responsible are you there" the professor points at the caught fighter causing damage and sending them flying
Interesting fact: Back when I was first thinking about Professor Layton as a fighter in Smash Bros, this is what I came up with for his Final Smash. His "And that person is you" point really defines him, and I thought it would be a great final smash b/c in the games, this point it seems to have a rattling effect toward the culprit in addition to exposing their true nature (as in the case with Don Paolo).

I remember imagining this kind of final smash as one where you pick which opponent you want to KO, and Layton does the point on that person. I ultimately moved away from this Final Smash idea b/c I couldn't think of a way to make it look very appealing during a fight, which is how I eventually settled for his Final Smash relating to a puzzle.

All of this said, I love your idea with the point for the Final Smash. I never even thought about making it like the cinematic final Smashes of other characters. In fact, I think your idea for Layton's final smash is the best thus far!

Now on a side note...
Now that we know there will be codecs in the Palutena's Temple stage, how about we try to create a few Kid Icarus codecs for Professor Layton? I don't know, just a thought. Of course, the catch here is that Pit, Palutena, Viridi, and any other Gods from the game should speak as close to their personalities as possible. I really want to create one, but I will try to do so when I can afford more time.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Now on a side note...
Now that we know there will be codecs in the Palutena's Temple stage, how about we try to create a few Kid Icarus codecs for Professor Layton? I don't know, just a thought. Of course, the catch here is that Pit, Palutena, Viridi, and any other Gods from the game should speak as close to their personalities as possible. I really want to create one, but I will try to do so when I can afford more time.
Oh I've actually already made one in fact. Over at the codec's section in the OP. I've even made a small easter egg with that for the codec with Pit as well. But hey, I wouldn't mind seeing others ideas too. :)

Top Bottom