• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Professor Layton for SSB4 thread!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well anyway, in regards to after we know the full roster and the case this thread may become unavailable sometime once we know the full roster (Unless DLC gets confirmed) would you guys like to see me prepare a Professor Layton social group? Where we can further discuss Professor Layton as well as Smash Bros related things in regards to the series such as the games, puzzles, codecs, Professor Layton Mii Fighters and other stuff and all? Would you guys like that?
Very, very much so, m'darling. ^_^

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If that's a tease to a sequel, wouldn't have been Last Specter that was teased, or am I just randomly guessing?
Last Spectre's Call is the prequel. Although I guess they where probably also kinda hinting a prequel trilogy when they where giving Layton and Luke that one scene where they talked about their friendship....

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
What was the tease to the sequel like, I don't want spoilers though.
Luke sent Layton a letter where he said that there is a mystery that has to be solved. After Layton read the letter he smiled. That is everything i still remember.

CaptainQuestion

Smash Cadet
I've been thinking, with the idea of DLC being a real possibility, do you think, just maybe other 3rd parties will be playable in the game like Layton?
I think Snake returning would be the most likely third party DLC (some people say Konami could always get Simon Belmont instead, but I don't see that happen - it's still something to consider), and purely going by popular demand it would be another Sonic character (I would say Tails because...well... he's the deuteragonist and obviously the most logical choice, but everyone is always asking for F-ing Shadow instead).
Scratch that, by popular demand we'd have a pack of like 7 more Sonic characters. This is why I'm glad Sakurai is more sane than that.

In any case, if any third-party gets a second character, the other 2 will also be expected to get a second one. Therefore, I speculate that if Sonic gets a newcomer, it would be in a third party pack containing Tails (or some other), Zero from Megaman, and some non-Pacman Namco character (because Pacman doesn't HAVE more characters - most people were saying Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia would have to be it, though I disagree as I don't want another anime-ish swordfighter).
Actually if I had a say in it a hypothetical second character for Sega or Capcom would be from different franchises as well, but...

All things considered, Layton still doesn't seem all that likely even including third-party DLC as a possibility.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I don't think we would be getting any new third party characters through DLC to begin with....

Anyway, the creator of the Layton series has said before that he wasn't ready yet to end the series and that he still had some ideas left. Except it wouldn't be as we know it. So perhaps there may still be some hope that we could be seeing the good Professor again one day.... Then again, he said quite a lot of things so who knows I guess.....

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't think we would be getting any new third party characters through DLC to begin with....

Anyway, the creator of the Layton series has said before that he wasn't ready yet to end the series and that he still had some ideas left. Except it wouldn't be as we know it. So perhaps there may still be some hope that we could be seeing the good Professor again one day.... Then again, he said quite a lot of things so who knows I guess.....
we can allways hope

even for unlikely things like nintendo buys half the rights to layton that way he defiantly gets into smash

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Even though I'm aware Professor Layton might not end up in the roster in the end, can you guys still put me down as a supporter? I am a huge fan of the series myself, and I even have various ideas as to how Professor Layton could be put into the game, including a few stage ideas that no one's used yet. I'll try to post my ideas later when I have the time.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Even though I'm aware Professor Layton might not end up in the roster in the end, can you guys still put me down as a supporter? I am a huge fan of the series myself, and I even have various ideas as to how Professor Layton could be put into the game, including a few stage ideas that no one's used yet. I'll try to post my ideas later when I have the time.
You've been added. We will be looking forward to your ideas. ^^

Welcome to Smashboards too by the way. :)

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Aw, while I don't think we'll see the Professor this time, he might be a great trophy, or if we're blessed, an assist trophy! But I don't know how the next 5 or 6 years will turn out, so can I be added as a supporter? Layton for Smash 5~

It's strange though... I love Layton and Wright very much (Ace Attorney's my fav game series next to smash - somehow makes me feel so...homey) but both of them as fighters in Smash Bros... I dunno, for me, it just fits both of them so much better to be assist trophies... maybe it's cause they're so against violence? I mean, I love Wright in Mahvel, play as him everytime, but even there he seems somewhat out of character... I mean... does anyone else think it seems as though he's been drugged to believe he's in the courtroom and everything? To me it would seem much more in character for Wright to look at Maya for help, do his sweat animation, and surrender.

I guess I could see Layton more in the sense that he would have Luke assist for some attacks and not treat it so much like a fight but more of a... battle of wits? More of just playful sparring? Hmm... maybe there's a concept video I could watch to wrap my head around the whole thing.

Also, recently finished LaytonVSWright, that was fun, and Layton does some sword tricks that could be in a potential moveset.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I've included you to the supporters as well Sonsa.

We've got 70 supporters now. I think I should get started on that Professor Layton social group soon....

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Ok, I finally have the time to share some of my ideas for Layton in Smash Bros. Note that there is a lot of information so I have to break this down in a series of posts.

Basic Animations:

Walk: Layton would walk normally like he does in the games.

Run: He runs like he chases the Black Raven in Last Specter or when the Giant Float is about to collapse on him in Mriacle Mask. He has the same running speed as Snake.

Jump: He lunges upward in the first jump, and then with his second jump, he curls his body, but it doesn't give him that much of a 2nd jump. Very similar to Snake's jumps, but as you'll see, Layton's up special makes up for this.

Fall: Layton holds onto his hat with one hand with his other arm being slightly bent. He has relatively fast falling speed as he is a bit of a heavy weight.

Crouch: Layton bends with one knee with one arm resting on it

Crawl: Layton would crawl with his knees and hands.

Shield: Layton grabs his hat with one hand, while his other arm is bent and hovers over his chest.
Roll: Rather than rolling, Layton slides to the outside of the stage. Upon returning back to the stage, he has one hand on the ground while slightly bending his body forward.

Side-step: Layton grabs his hat with one hand and moves toward the back of the stage with a surprised expression and his other arm extended far out to his side.

Dizzy: Layton grabs his hat with one hand and stumbles from left to right.

Sleep: Layton sits down with his legs crossed while resting his head on one of his arms.

Idle Animations: In one animation, Layton adjusts his hat. In another, he holds his hand to his chin and thinks. He can also pout his arms and slightly nod his head.

When launched far, Layton screams "Uuwaaahhh" sounding similar to when he tumbles with Luke through the forest in Azran Legacy. His KO scream would be a simple "Huaghh" just like he screams when Emmy crossed his path at the beginning of Last Specter.

His screen KO would simply be his front smashing onto the screen, and then he falls off from there. For his star KO, his scream would be the same one from Azran Legacy as he is getting killed by the beam of light.

Basic attacks:

A: Layton first gives a small slap with his right hand while raising his pinky (supposed to be a gentleman's slap).

AA: The second attack is another slap just like the first but with his left hand.

AAA: The final attack has him pull out a fencing sword, and you can use it multiple times like Fox's kicks and Meta Knight's mutli-slashes. The combo finisher would be the finishing fencing move that touches the opponent.

Dash Attack: Layton pulls out a metallic pipe and attacks the opponent in a way similar to Marth's dash attack.

Tilt Attacks:

Forward Tilt: Layton does his signature point. It does a small amount of damage

Up Tilt: Layton throws the toy robot from Miracle Mask above his head with one hand and catches it with the other. A slightly more powerful tilt attack compared to the other three

Down Tilt: Layton points towards the ground and says "A-ha."Like his forward tilt, it does a small amount of damage

Aerial Attacks:

Forward Aerial: Layton uses the same metallic pipe and attacks in a fashion very similar to his first strike on Descole when he released himself from the Fossil Glider in Azran Legacy.

Back Aerial: Keats the Cat comes out of Layton's coat, and the cat slashes foes from behind Layton's back before he returns to his coat. During this animation, Layton watches Keats with a surprised expression and quickly helps him return back into his coat.

Up Aerial: Layton swings his pipe upward similar to Marth's up aerial.

Down Aerial: Layton performs a downward kick while grabbing onto his hat with one hand. It has a meteor smash effect if the kick hits an opponent from below.

Grabs:

Pummel: Layton knees his opponent

Now with each of Layton's throw, they all involve various puzzles throughout the series. In each throw, he releases his opponent and changes into his thinking position. Upon releasing his opponent, the throw takes place. After the throw finishes, he looks up with a grin on his face, just like when you solve a puzzle correctly. In a sense, it's like Layton is using his intellectual thoughts to attack his opponent, and I feel it is a great way to incorporate his puzzles as attacks. If I had to describe it in a funny way, it is as if Layton is playing "mind-games" with his opponents.

Forward Throw: A small toy train (as seen from a bird's eye view) appears above Layton, moves toward the opponent, and latches onto him/her. The train quickly moves slightly forward and diagonally up before disappearing and releasing the opponent. It is supposed to mimic those "drag the line" puzzles where you need to get a line of something to another side, usually involving trains of some sort.

Back Throw: Three pitchers appear in front of Layton. The opponent is then thrown b/w three pitchers as if he/she is being poured like milk. Its supposed to mimic the milk puzzle from Curious Village.

Up Throw: Three rectangular blocks push the opponent upwards, with the final block releasing the opponent rather high. A weak attack, but can have high knock back like Kirby and Metaknight's up throw depending on the opponent's damage level. It is supposed to mimic those "drag the blocks so that you can get the certain block to the other side" puzzles, which are very common throughout the series.

Down Throw: A tetris-shaped block pushes the opponent downward. A second one pushes the opponent in a direction behind Layton, and the last piece pushes the opponent upward. This creates a rigid U-shaped throw overall and ultimately throws the opponent behind Layton. It is supposed to mimic those "fix the pictures" puzzles where it's similar to assembling a jigsaw puzzle except the pieces look more tetris-shaped than actual jigsaws.

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Layton pulls out his pipe and lunges it forward much like Marth's Shield Breaker. It is like a move Layton used against his battle with Anton in Diabolical Box

Up Smash: Layton pulls out the pipe. This time, however, it is broken in two, and one end of each split-pipe is sharper than the other side. He lunges the two pipes upward similar to Megaman's up smash. It is supposed to mimic a move Layton uses against Descole in Azran Legacy, where Descole breaks his pipe into two, but Layton surprises him by crossing the two pipes together against Descole's sword, eventually causing Descole to lose grip.

Down Smash: Layton puts on the goggles from Unwound Future and fires two lasers from each eye, with each laser shooting diagonally downwards on both directions. Sure the goggles might've not had laser abilities in the games (being used for memory scanning), but hey, think about what Sakurai does; he can take the most unlikely moves out of characters and turn them into crazy attacks in some way, as proved with the Wii Fit Trainer.

Specials:

Standard Special - Coin-Slot Machine Gun: Layton charges up the device and fires a barrage of coins; pretty similar to what other people thought about with this move. When customizing his Standard Special, the speed version of this move would involve smaller coins that would fire and wrack up damage quicker, while the power version would involve bigger coins that deal more damage than normal and have higher knock back.

Side Special - Hamster Attack: Layton throws an apple, and if it hits someone, it does a small amount of damage. If he uses the side special again, he will throw the hamster this time, and it will quickly run towards the apple. As it runs, it can climb up walls similar to the Bombchu, and it can knock opponents off with slight damage and relative knock back. Once it reaches the apple, the hamster eats it. If an opponent is right next to an apple, he/she will be trapped by the hamster as it eats the apple, wracking up damage with each bite; it's almost as if the hamster is biting the opponent's feet in the process. With the final bite, opponents are once again launched with relative knock back. For the custom versions of this move, the speed version involve a smaller apple, which is supposed to achieve quick and easy when the hamster bites. The power version would involve a larger apple; this means it would take longer for the hamster to eat the apple, but if the opponent is caught, they will receive more damage than the normal version of this attack.

Up Special - Custom Glider: Layton uses the Custom Glider he built from Curious Village. When he uses it, he faces towards the front. The glider can travel very high and is quite easy to maneuver, similar to Snake and ROB's Up-special. In a sense, it makes up for Layton's low second jump, very similar to Snake's situation. The glider can also disrupt an opponent's up-special when it makes contact, but in doing so, the glider will start to lose control for a few seconds before Layton is forced to dislodge himself. This is supposed to mimic the scene when the glider slightly touches Don Paolo's helicopter in Curious Village and disrupts it to the point Don Paolo is forced to flee. With this Up Special, Layton is not rendered helpless after using it. I can't think of the customized versions of this move would be like though:

Down Special - Stone Catapult: Layton pulls out the catapult he uses to take down Descole in Last Specter, but it has been scaled down to closely match his size but a bit bigger. You can charge the catapult so that two stones can be launched farther. The farther the stones are launched, the more knock back and damage they deal. For the customized version of this move, the speed version would involve three stone pieces, with each dealing moderate damage with relative knock back. The power version would be one massive stone that has OHKO potential when launched at full power, but of course, it'd be hard to pull off in this instance as the stone might not hit anyone in the end.

Final Smash:

Battle Puzzle: The camera zooms in on Layton as he adjusts his cap and says "This battle reminds me of a puzzle." The camera pans out and all three fighters are temporarily stunned with a magnifying glass appearing in front of each of them; then, an exclamation mark appears above each of their heads. Layton looks straight at the camera as the screen blacks out. What happens from here varies depending on how many fighters are present at the moment.

In a four player match, the screen changes to each of the fighters performing some kind of fighting animation. Above the fighters is a question asking, "Which fighter is not the like others." For example, two of the fighters will use their side special, but one of them will use their up special instead. The one that's different here is the one using the up special. When you pick the fighter, the screen changes to Layton solving the puzzle, with both the right or wrong animations depending on your answer. If correct, the attack is a virtual OHKO on the chosen fighter. If incorrect, nothing happens.

In a three player match, the screen once again changes to the two other fighters performing some kind of fighting animation. This puzzle will ask, "Which is fighter is using their ______ attack." For example, you could be asked which fighter is using their "forward tilt" attack, and you have to figure out which fighter is using such an attack. Once again, after picking a fighter, the screen changes to Layton solving the puzzle. Guess the right fighter, and it will be a virtual OHKO; guess the wrong fighter and nothing happens.

In a two player match, the screen changes to the other fighter doing some kind of fighting animation just like what happens int the past two scenarios. This time, the puzzle asks, "What attack is the fighter using." There are four options to choose from in a multiple choice like format. Rather than asking the specific names of attacks, it asks the basic names. For example, your opponent could be using his/her forward tilt, and you'll be presented with three options: "forward tilt", "backward tilt", or "up tilt". If the fighter is using their up special, you'd have four options to choose from: "standard special", "side special", "up special", or "down special". Yet again, after picking an option, you'll see Layton's puzzle solving animation. Get the correct answer and its a virtual OHKO; get it wrong and nothing happens.

You also have 4-5 seconds to solve the puzzle. If you don't solve the puzzle in time, you'll get Layton's incorrect animation and nothing happens. This final smash is a matter of memorizing every fighter's move set, whether normal or custom, if you want to succeed with this final smash often; otherwise, it ends up being high risk, high reward. It may sound like an overpowered move in some parts; yet, sometimes in a heated match, or mind might not think straight because the situation can be very intense, so its possible to get it incorrect even when you think you know the answer. I personally think this is truly the best way to incorporate the puzzle system into Smash Bros.

As a side note, Layton's puzzle solving animation during the final smash would use his 3D Smash Bros model and would look similar to his puzzle solving animation in Miracle Mask. During this animation, he will say, "I think this might be it." If the answer is correct, he will say "A satisfying puzzle indeed" as the fighter is launched. If the answer is incorrect, he will say "Some puzzles are harder than others" shortly after the animation finishes.

Taunts:

Up Taunt: Layton turns towards the camera, raises one hand up like he has an idea, then says "Every puzzle has its answer." His pose during the taunt would look similar to this:

Side Taunt: Layton extends both arms outward in a way that looks like he is explaining something and says, "I love the thrill of a good puzzle."

Down Taunt: Layton pulls out a cup of tea and drinks it.

Victory and Losing Animations:
I could think of six good victory animations for the Professor: three of which are those he is by himself, the other three involve a cameo appearance of either Luke, Emmy, or Flora. Six might seem much, but hey, Little Mac has a total of 16 different alt costumes to choose from, so perhaps we can give one character a similar treatment but with victory animations instead.

Normal Victory Animation 1: Layton adjusts his hat and says "A true gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved." He then gives a thumbs up with a smile in his face.

Normal Victory Animation 2: Layton is in his thinking stance and says "Someone here managed to win this heated battle..." He then points at the camera and states "And that person is you!" As he points at the screen, he has a very determined and heroic expression on his face. As you probably guessed, this animation is supposed to imitate Layton's signature "And that person is you" point while breaking the fourth wall in the process.

Normal Victory Animation 3: Layton takes off his hat and looks up at the sky, holding the hat to his chest. Think of the ending of Unwound Future when Layton does something similar, except the only difference here is that Layton is smiling and not crying.

Cameo Victory Animation 1: In this animation, Luke makes an appearance. Luke walks up to Layton (who is sitting on a chair near a table), hands him some tea, and tells him "You did it Professor!" Layton happily chuckles and drinks his tea as Luke watches happily.

Cameo Victory Animation 2: Here, Emmy makes an appearance. Professor Layton is walking from the left as he spots Emmy patiently waiting for him. She spots him and says, "Well Professor, I am surprised you managed to win such a battle." He responds, "It certainly was quite the riveting match." The two nod at each other with happy expressions on their faces.

Cameo Victory Animation 3: Here, Flora makes an appearance. Professor Layton is standing happily when Flora runs up to him and tightly hugs him. As she hugs him, she cries "Oh Professor, I'm so glad you're OK!" Layton adjusts his hat and responds "Thank you, Flora!" The scene would look very similar to their reunion in Unwound Future, pictured below:

His victory theme would be a more melodic version of this melody overall:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNarlVNOn0s

Losing Animation: Layton claps with both hands towards his left side and a smile on his face.

Closing Thoughts:
I'm aware that some ideas for his move set are similar to others, but at the same time, you can definitely see some uniqueness here as well. If I had to describe Layton in a unique way, I could see him being Snake's semi-replacement: Both are third party characters who are relatively tall and heavy with bad 2nd jumps yet excellent up specials.

Now for something that I am sure you all will be interested in: the stage ideas. The first one I am going to discuss is a stage that I think would fit into the 3DS version: London

In this stage, you fight on various landmarks in London that appeared throughout the series, particularly from Last Specter, Eternal Diva, Azran Legacy, Diabolical Box, and Unwound Future. The stage would transition between landmarks in two ways: like Delfino Plaza, Prism Tower, and Skyworld or like Castle Siege. Personally, I would prefer the stage would play out like the first option, where a flying platform would transport all the fighters to another part of London, but due to 3DS limitations, it would be hard to incorporate since London is such a big city, I feel the Castle Siege transitions would probably end up being the better option because its a lot more simple than having a flying platform with all of London visible in the background.

Anyways, you first fight on the Tower Bridge, but rather at the top, you fight on the road. For a visual, think about where Layton uncovers Don Paolo's disguise in the beginning of Eternal Diva; yep, that same road, but you fight on the sidewalk and the main road itself. However, it would be slightly scaled down so that it isn't too large and creates open areas to fall on the stage's left and right. There would also be a relatively large platform that would appear above the platform. Luckily, cars wouldn't be passing by, as you can see signs blocking off the path in the distance, possibly to tell citizens that a battle is taking place. This phase of the fight takes place during the early morning

You then fight on top of Big Ben, or really, the clock tower's balcony, where Eternal Diva opens. Nothing much to say here. You can see the top half of the clock below you as you fight; during this phase of the stage, Big Ben will ring, a nice detail added to make the stage come to life more. Its also clear daytime at this phase of the battle, and there are open gaps on the left and right side of the stage.

Then, you fight at the front of Gressenheller University. For a visual of how this phase of the stage would look like, here's a picture:

Like Big Ben's top, it would be a flat stage with no platforms, but slightly scaled down so that it isn't too big. At this point, you will begin to see various characters from the series appear in the background. In this phase of the entire stage, Dean Delmona, Rosa Grimes (Layton's housekeeper in Last Specter), and Dr. Schrader would be seen watching the fight in the distance. All three of them work for the University in some way, so its fitting for them to make cameos in this phase of the battle.

After battling at the University, you fight in front of Scotland Yard. For a visual:

This time, however, rather than fighting on the street, the stage is slightly elevated so that you can get KOd by falling below, where you can't see the street. The stage would also be slightly zoomed in at the building, but good enough so that you can see the building's top. There also two smaller platforms set up in a way like Spear Pillar, except they aren't moving. You can see Inspector Chelmey, Barton, Carmichael (from Azran Legacy), and Leonard Bloom watching the fight through various windows. Its obviously fitting for those three to appear as cameos appear b/c they work for Scotland Yard. "What about Inspector Grosky though," you might ask. Well, I have something else planned for him, not as a cameo, but something bigger.

Next, you fight at Kensington Street as it appears in Azran Legacy. Once again, the stage is slightly elevated so that you are not fighting on the street itself and you can be KOd by falling below. There are also three smaller platforms set up in a way like Battlefield. This time, however, you can see the background of the stage rotating around you, giving you a glimpse of every side of the street. It is also evening at this point. Clark and Brenda Triton, Luke's parents, can be seen watching the battle in the distance. There cameos might seem out of place, but they do appear in London in Azran Legacy, so it does make sense to incorporate them here.

Finally, the last phase of the fight takes place on the London Alleyways where Professor Layton says goodbye to Claire in Unwound Future. It is now nighttime, and although I can't find a picture as to how to the stage would look like, I can describe it. It would take place on the tops of two houses. In the middle of the two houses is a gap where you can fall through and get KOd, and that's supposed to be the empty street. Above the gap, there is a platform to make things a bit more interesting. On the roofs of other houses in the background, Clair, Clive, and Dmitri (all from Unwound Future) can be seen watching the battle in the distance.

It is after the London Alleyways phase the stage loops back to Tower Bridge and starts over. Now, how exactly could the stage transition in a way like Castle Siege? One way is to have the transition sequence exactly like CS from Brawl, but to make things more Layton-esque, I could picture the magnifying glass appearing and moving to the top right of the stage towards the end of a phase. The magnifying glass would change to a blue color; in the games, the blue coloring means you can zoom in on this location. Here, however, the zoom in effect would change the background of the stage to have an effect like its zooming in. Think of Castle Siege's transition phrase, but rather than having the "moving down" pattern, it has a "zooming in pattern."

Also, I definitely wouldn't picture a 2-minute battle going through all six phases of the stage. I think the amount of time b/w each phase would be like Castle Siege's in Brawl, with each phase taking about 40 seconds each, so a single loop through all six phases would take around 4 minutes.

Unfortunately, this isn't the kind of stage that would have a Final Destination version, but each phase of the London stage would not have any hazards, so it isn't that bad of a problem.

If you have any other London locations that could fit well into Smash Bros, go right ahead and offer ideas. I could only come up with those six as stage ideas, but I am sure there can be more.

The next stage idea is for the Wii U version. It's one that I have seen no one offer as a Smash Bros stage idea on any Smash Bros forums at this point. It's a location that appears in Azran Legacy... but in the game's finale. You might already know what I am taking about if you played the game, but if you don't want to risk getting spoiled, either don't read the next spoiler bit below or read at your own risk.

I could see the Azran Sanctuary appearing as a potential Smash Bros stage. For those that don't remember it, it is the final location Professor Layton and co. visit in Azran Legacy. At first, it appears to be the ultimate Azran Legacy, but it isn't the case. It is actually there to contain the true Azran Legacy: the Azran Golems.

The way how I can see this stage play out is very similar to Halberd from Brawl, where it starts inside the stage, then flies around the stage, rests somewhere on top of the stage, and then loops back at a phase once again.

The stage starts in the Chamber of Light, the heart of the Azran Sanctuary, which is pictured below:

The main platform you would be battling on would be a stone platform with various Azran writing and details on it, along with two smaller platforms on the top: the left being slightly lower than the right one. Like the main platform, they would also have various Azran details, particularly the drawing that appears in the final puzzle and the title screen of the game. In addition, the main platform is slightly elevated once again to make KOs from falling below possible, and it also allows the entire prism to be visible in the distance.

Aurora, the Azran Emissary, will appear in the center background of the main battlefield, maintaining a distance similar to that of Dialga/Palkia/Cresselia from Spear Pillar. At the very beginning of the battle, she will be in a prayerful state. A few seconds into the match, however, her inner "Voice of the Azran" self awakens; her eyes will begin glowing, her arms spread out, and the prism will light up just like in the picture. Pink lights appear beneath the main platform, and the Chamber of Light starts to rumble just like what happens in the 24th cutscene of the game, indicating the Sanctuary is starting to rise up from underground. Luckily, the main stage where the fighting takes place will be able to escape the Sanctuary quickly by following the central beam of light coming from the prism and escaping from the top; the main battlefield will probably be going through tons of underground material, but it will be protected by an energy sphere that will break through and emerge from the ground.

At this point, Aurora begins using her Azran powers to pilot the main battlefield. When the stage emerges from the ground, the energy sphere disappears. Rising out of the mountaintops, you can see Froenburg in the distance, as well as various Targent tanks. The stage will move towards Froenburg, but then, you will hear what sounds like a huge earthquake: the Azran Sanctuary has risen out of the ground! Aurora turns the main battlefield around towards the direction of where the Sanctuary rose, but you won't see the Sanctuary yet b/c it rose out of the ground very quickly. Aurora then causes the main stage to rise up at an acceleration rate until it reaches high above the clouds.

At this point, the entire Azran Sanctuary is visible in the distance:

Aurora then flies the battlefield towards the Sanctuary, moving her arms around in a way that makes it look like she's moving the combat zone, and from there, the battlefield flies around the Sanctuary up-close, similar to how the main battlefield flies around the battleship in the Halberd stage.

When looking at this picture of the Azran Sanctuary from the 3DS, just imagine how it would look like on the WiiU. With HD visuals, it would be amazing to gaze out. You could see the detailed moss growing throughout parts of the structure, making the Sanctuary look much more like a decaying ruins than its original appearance in Azran Legacy. Not only that, but even the mountains would look amazing in the HD too. All of this is why I would picture the Azran Sanctuary appearing on the WiiU version and not the 3DS.

After flying around the Sanctuary at a decent speed, the stage will fly by towards the bottom of the site. At this point, Aurora moves one of her arms forward and her eyes glow even brighter. Shortly after, all of the Azran Golems start flying out. The stage will continue to fly around the Sanctuary at different points, only now, the Azran Golems are flying everywhere while firing their lasers. They are also the main stage hazards. An Azran Golem can fly by the battlefield at a random point, whether from the background, the left, or the right. When it does, its stomach start to glow pink: its about to fire its laser! This is a warning to either get away or dodge it (by rolling or side-stepping). If the laser hits you, its a one hit KO; it might be a little OP though, so to make things a bit less cheap, it could just end up dealing a lot of damage, but the reason why I picture the laser as having OHKO potential is b/c in the games, the lasers have the ability to obliterate tanks and buildings into pieces. Also, just like in the games, the Golems are indestructible: you can't just attack it to get rid of one. Generally, there will be about 2-3 Golem attacks during this phase of the battle.

After that, the stage then rests on the top of the Azran Sanctuary, pictured below:

As the stage rests on the top, the two smaller platforms will still be present, and Aurora will still be in the background but on a small, elevated structure of her own. Now, she has snapped out of her "destructive" mind and curiously watches the fighters.

In this phase, the Golems will not be attacking you nor the other fighters (they can still be seen flying around the sky in the background), but stage hazards will still be present. This time, two kinds of Azran statues will emerge from the ground in the background. The first kind are the same ones that Descole defends Luke against before injuring himself and revealing his true identity to Professor Layton, and the other kind are the ones that fire lasers nonstop while rotating around in circles, appearing in the 2nd to last puzzle in the game.

With the first kind of statues, only there heads will emerge as their entire bodies are pretty huge in Azran Legacy. Four statue heads will emerge: two facing left and right in the far background, and two facing the fighters closer to the battlefield on both sides. At one point, the two far statue heads will have their eyes twinkle. Shortly after, the two closer statue heads will fire two brief lasers that will deal some decent damage if you don't dodge them. Generally though, the statues have varying patterns on how they fire: one closer and one farther could have their eyes twinkle, while the other two will fire their lasers, or even in some cases, the two closer statues could twinkle their eyes, while the far ones fire lasers. Its random, but the lasers will be fired twice.

After the 2nd set of lasers is fired, the four statue heads return into the ground. Then, the 2nd kind of statue appears. This one appears either in the far left, center or right but facing with its back towards the fighters. Shortly after it emerges, its eyes glow and then it will fire lasers from each eye while rotating clockwise. As it rotates, the lasers will move along with it, reaching far out into the main battlefield. They are a bit more damaging than the first statues' lasers, with slightly higher knock back, but they are still not as dangerous as the lasers the Azran Golems use. The statue will rotate once, pause for a few seconds, and then rotate once again before returning into the ground.

The way how I see the statues emerge and lower into the ground would be like a nuclear weapon emerging from the ground before getting fired: a very mechanical way of movement. It might sound crazy, but the Azran are constantly seen throughout the game as a highly advanced civilization in technology and science, so I think such statue movement could work for the Smash Bros world.

Also in the background of the stage, five Targent members make cameo appearances: Bronev, Gannet, Plover, and two of three Targent officers that tried to gun down Descole in the ending of Miracle Mask (Robin and Macaw don't appear b/c they quit Targent at this point in the game, and Swift and Grouse don't appear b/c they are still in the Nest). While Luke, Emmy, and Descole could also make cameos, I decided to go with the Targent men instead if Luke, Emmy, and Descole make a different appearance as assist trophy, taunt, victory animation, or playable fighters, and also b/c Bronev seems to have escorted much of Targent to Froenburg towards the end of Azran Legacy.

Now, I could see two ways this stage could play out from here. Either the main platform will emerge from the ground and fly around the Sanctuary in the same pattern once again with more Azran Golems firing lasers now that they are flying around, similar to how Halberd doesn't return to the main dock at the beginning of the fight, or the stage will continue in a fashion similar to what happens in the original game. While the 1st option seems to be the better option to go with since it's closer to how Halberd is played out, I like the 2nd option more b/c it closely follows the events in the game's conclusion.

During the phase of the battle when the fighters are fighting on top of the Azran Sanctuary, the five Targent members will run inside, dodging the statues as they go. The hallway in the background actually leads into the Chamber of Light. Not seen during the fight, all five of the Targent men will sacrifice their life by placing themselves in front of the pedestals to block the beams of light that are powering the the Sanctuary and the Golems. At one point during the phase, while Aurora is in her "calm" state, she will sense that the beams of light are gone. She will then enter her prayerful state once again, praying to the Light of the Azran to reverse time and save the Targent men while sacrificing herself in the process (because she realizes humans are not entirely selfish).

Once she stops praying, she places both arms in front of her and now has a sorrowful look on her face. Before long, you can see the Golems in the background starting to fall to the ground, and she starts to burn away into a mystical, yellow fire just like what happens in the end of the game. This is because if you played the game, you'd know she is also an Azran Golem herself, so just like the other Golems, she is also dies. Unbeknownst to the fighters, the Sanctuary has started to crumble beneath their feet. Eventually, once Aurora completely fades away into midair (which happens rather quickly), the main battlefield starts to fall apart, beginning the final phase of the entire stage; the stage splits into two during this phase, and as it goes down, you can see many parts of the Sanctuary already falling slowly down in the background just like in the games.

Eventually, the prism from the Chamber of Light appears as it falls down an accelerating rate. Once it reaches the same level as the main combat zone, it unleashes a blast (the same one after you solve the final puzzle in the game), and the background of the stage changes to that of a portal; the prism has reversed time. Eventually, the portal changes into the Chamber of Light where the battle first began, resetting the loop.

The Final Destination version of this stage would be a flat, stone structure that looks similar to the main platform, and just like the original version, it still travels through the various phases of the fight. The only difference is that the Azran Golems will not attack the fighters and the stage will not rest on the top of the Azran Sanctuary but will float above it. It also doesn't split into two when the Sanctuary begins to collapse.

To those that think, "There's no way this could ever be a stage b/c it appears at the very end of the game and spoils the ending of Azran Legacy to all the players," let me remind you that Sakurai doesn't care about spoilers. This is clear enough as we have seen a major spoiler about what happens to Palutena in Kid Icarus Uprising in her reveal trailer (the Chaos Kin possessing her), the relationship b/w Lucina and Chrom being spoiled in Robin's reveal trailer (something that players don't find out until mid-game in FE:A), and perhaps most convincingly of all, the Kalos+Unova Pokemon Leagues appearing as stages (both are locations that don't appear until the very end of their respective games).

Compared to the London stage or any other stage previously offered, I would be ecstatic if the Azran Sanctuary ended up as Professor Layton's stage if he ever ended up in the roster. I remember playing through the ending of Azran Legacy, and I was simply awestruck when I saw the Sanctuary b/c of its design and the epic moments that were happening to it during the 24th cutscene in the game. Truly a highlight from the game, and one that deserves to be in Smash Bros 4.

For Smash Run enemies, I can only see the mummies from Miracle Mask appearing as such, and the way they'd work is very similar to an earlier post in this forum.

For Assist Trophy ideas, I have two below:

For a representative of the Don Paolo, I think Don Paolo could work best. He would get on his helicopter, fly to the background, and pull out the large, chained ball. He would then fly from left to right as the ball makes contact with the other fighters in the battlefield.

For a representative of the prequel trilogy, I could see Inspector Grosky working pretty well. He would fulfill Little Mac's role from Brawl, beating up the other fighter's with a series of punches and kicks. When he is summoned and starts attacking everyone, he says, "I'm Inspector Grosky of the Yard, and you all are going down!" Once he finishes attacking, he exclaims, "Another win for the Yard" before disappearing.

Yeah, I know Emmy would be more fitting for the "Close Combat Assist Trophy" in place of Little Mac, but I think Grosky would work if Emmy appears in the codecs and cameos in Layton's victory animation. Also, compared to Chelmey, Grosky is the one that is actually seen with most of the combat action unlike the other. This is why I'd see Chelmey making a simple cameo instead of being an assist trophy.

As for Music Ideas:
I'd have a remixed Layton's theme as the main track for the London stage and Descole's theme plus the Unwound Future theme appearing as the alternate tracks. Both tracks would also appear on the Azran Sanctuary stage in addition to the Airship Chase (Shooting!) theme, the final battle theme in Last Specter (the live version instead though), and Mysterious Flower, I'd also have the following tracks appear:
-Diabolical Box Theme
-Last Specter Theme
-The Specter Appears (Personally, I could see a medley combination with the Ocarina medley and the final battle theme b/c this particular track, while epic, is pretty short. It would start with the ocarina that calls Loosha in Last Specter, then plays this theme, and finally plays the live version of the final battle theme. The medley would sound like the trailer music for Last Specter's E3 2011 trailer, with the only difference being the final battle theme added in the end).
-Miracle Mask Theme
-Azran Legacy Theme
-Targent's Theme
-The Masked Gentleman's Theme

And last but certainly not list, an "Azran Medley." It would be composed of these four tracks that are played throughout the Azran Sanctuary:
1. The Azran Sanctuary's Theme

The next three songs sadly do not appear within Azran Legacy's soundtrack, so the only way you can clearly hear each song is if you watch the cutscenes where they are each played on. Those cutscenes with the tracks are in the links below. Note that each name you see below is a fan made name since the songs do not have official titles for not appearing in the game's main soundtrack.
2. The Sanctuary Rises
3. A Sacrifice Made
4. The Sanctuary Falls

Each song would be played in the numbered order you see here. Personally, I could see the medley matching up with each phase of the fight in the Azran Sanctuary stage.

And finally, here are some of my alternate costume options for Professor Layton:

Now that we there will be eight costumes for each character, I think we can give some costumes a second look. His recolor costumes would be one that matches Luke's colors, one that matches Emmy's colors, one that matches Flora's colors, one that matches Chelmey's colors, and one that matches Don Paolo's colors. This would make five recolors.

Now for the real alternate costumes:

The first one would be his ball costume that he wears during Luke's dream in Miracle Mask Plus, pictured below:

The other one would be the "Future Layton" costume that Dmitri wears in Unwound Future, only this time, its Layton himself that wears it. A picture of Future Layton is present below:

Combine Layton's default costume, the five recolors, and two alternate costumes, and you have eight costumes altogether, perfect for Smash Bros!

Well, these are all my ideas as to how Layton could be incorporated into Smash Bros. I also have a move set idea for Descole and several alt costume ideas for him as well (yes, I myself can see how Descole could be playable in Smash Bros 4), but to keep with the spirit of this thread, I will hold off on my Descole ideas unless anyone on this actually wants to hear them.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Just finished Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright this evening, and I have to say, wow. I think that's all I could think to say.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Very impressive indeed @ Erureido Erureido I can see that you've put a lot of thought and effort into your idea's. I can include it into the OP if you like. :)

Although as soon as we know the full roster, this thread as well as all the other support threads might get archived by then so it would be a shame to only have access to it for probably at least about a week. :/

So speaking of which, you guys probably already noticed but I've set up the Professor Layton social group and I'll open it up as soon as we nearly approach the 3DS version's Japanese release. Thing is that I may still want to know what I should bring over from the Professor Layton support thread over to the group as this place won't be accessible by then. So if you've got any requests in terms of what should be carried over, let me know.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Very impressive indeed @ Erureido Erureido I can see that you've put a lot of thought and effort into your idea's. I can include it into the OP if you like. :)

Although as soon as we know the full roster, this thread as well as all the other support threads might get archived by then so it would be a shame to only have access to it for probably at least about a week. :/

So speaking of which, you guys probably already noticed but I've set up the Professor Layton social group and I'll open it up as soon as we nearly approach the 3DS version's Japanese release. Thing is that I may still want to know what I should bring over from the Professor Layton support thread over to the group as this place won't be accessible by then. So if you've got any requests in terms of what should be carried over, let me know.
Sure, go right ahead and add it to the OP. I'd love to see my ideas popularized!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Ok, I finally have the time to share some of my ideas for Layton in Smash Bros. Note that there is a lot of information so I have to break this down in a series of posts.

Basic Animations:

Walk: Layton would walk normally like he does in the games.

Run: He runs like he chases the Black Raven in Last Specter or when the Giant Float is about to collapse on him in Mriacle Mask. He has the same running speed as Snake.

Jump: He lunges upward in the first jump, and then with his second jump, he curls his body, but it doesn't give him that much of a 2nd jump. Very similar to Snake's jumps, but as you'll see, Layton's up special makes up for this.

Fall: Layton holds onto his hat with one hand with his other arm being slightly bent. He has relatively fast falling speed as he is a bit of a heavy weight.

Crouch: Layton bends with one knee with one arm resting on it

Crawl: Layton would crawl with his knees and hands.

Shield: Layton grabs his hat with one hand, while his other arm is bent and hovers over his chest.
Roll: Rather than rolling, Layton slides to the outside of the stage. Upon returning back to the stage, he has one hand on the ground while slightly bending his body forward.

Side-step: Layton grabs his hat with one hand and moves toward the back of the stage with a surprised expression and his other arm extended far out to his side.

Dizzy: Layton grabs his hat with one hand and stumbles from left to right.

Sleep: Layton sits down with his legs crossed while resting his head on one of his arms.

Idle Animations: In one animation, Layton adjusts his hat. In another, he holds his hand to his chin and thinks. He can also pout his arms and slightly nod his head.

When launched far, Layton screams "Uuwaaahhh" sounding similar to when he tumbles with Luke through the forest in Azran Legacy. His KO scream would be a simple "Huaghh" just like he screams when Emmy crossed his path at the beginning of Last Specter.

His screen KO would simply be his front smashing onto the screen, and then he falls off from there. For his star KO, his scream would be the same one from Azran Legacy as he is getting killed by the beam of light.

Basic attacks:

A: Layton first gives a small slap with his right hand while raising his pinky (supposed to be a gentleman's slap).

AA: The second attack is another slap just like the first but with his left hand.

AAA: The final attack has him pull out a fencing sword, and you can use it multiple times like Fox's kicks and Meta Knight's mutli-slashes. The combo finisher would be the finishing fencing move that touches the opponent.

Dash Attack: Layton pulls out a metallic pipe and attacks the opponent in a way similar to Marth's dash attack.

Tilt Attacks:

Forward Tilt: Layton does his signature point. It does a small amount of damage

Up Tilt: Layton throws the toy robot from Miracle Mask above his head with one hand and catches it with the other. A slightly more powerful tilt attack compared to the other three

Down Tilt: Layton points towards the ground and says "A-ha."Like his forward tilt, it does a small amount of damage

Aerial Attacks:

Forward Aerial: Layton uses the same metallic pipe and attacks in a fashion very similar to his first strike on Descole when he released himself from the Fossil Glider in Azran Legacy.

Back Aerial: Keats the Cat comes out of Layton's coat, and the cat slashes foes from behind Layton's back before he returns to his coat. During this animation, Layton watches Keats with a surprised expression and quickly helps him return back into his coat.

Up Aerial: Layton swings his pipe upward similar to Marth's up aerial.

Down Aerial: Layton performs a downward kick while grabbing onto his hat with one hand. It has a meteor smash effect if the kick hits an opponent from below.

Grabs:

Pummel: Layton knees his opponent

Now with each of Layton's throw, they all involve various puzzles throughout the series. In each throw, he releases his opponent and changes into his thinking position. Upon releasing his opponent, the throw takes place. After the throw finishes, he looks up with a grin on his face, just like when you solve a puzzle correctly. In a sense, it's like Layton is using his intellectual thoughts to attack his opponent, and I feel it is a great way to incorporate his puzzles as attacks. If I had to describe it in a funny way, it is as if Layton is playing "mind-games" with his opponents.

Forward Throw: A small toy train (as seen from a bird's eye view) appears above Layton, moves toward the opponent, and latches onto him/her. The train quickly moves slightly forward and diagonally up before disappearing and releasing the opponent. It is supposed to mimic those "drag the line" puzzles where you need to get a line of something to another side, usually involving trains of some sort.

Back Throw: Three pitchers appear in front of Layton. The opponent is then thrown b/w three pitchers as if he/she is being poured like milk. Its supposed to mimic the milk puzzle from Curious Village.

Up Throw: Three rectangular blocks push the opponent upwards, with the final block releasing the opponent rather high. A weak attack, but can have high knock back like Kirby and Metaknight's up throw depending on the opponent's damage level. It is supposed to mimic those "drag the blocks so that you can get the certain block to the other side" puzzles, which are very common throughout the series.

Down Throw: A tetris-shaped block pushes the opponent downward. A second one pushes the opponent in a direction behind Layton, and the last piece pushes the opponent upward. This creates a rigid U-shaped throw overall and ultimately throws the opponent behind Layton. It is supposed to mimic those "fix the pictures" puzzles where it's similar to assembling a jigsaw puzzle except the pieces look more tetris-shaped than actual jigsaws.

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Layton pulls out his pipe and lunges it forward much like Marth's Shield Breaker. It is like a move Layton used against his battle with Anton in Diabolical Box

Up Smash: Layton pulls out the pipe. This time, however, it is broken in two, and one end of each split-pipe is sharper than the other side. He lunges the two pipes upward similar to Megaman's up smash. It is supposed to mimic a move Layton uses against Descole in Azran Legacy, where Descole breaks his pipe into two, but Layton surprises him by crossing the two pipes together against Descole's sword, eventually causing Descole to lose grip.

Down Smash: Layton puts on the goggles from Unwound Future and fires two lasers from each eye, with each laser shooting diagonally downwards on both directions. Sure the goggles might've not had laser abilities in the games (being used for memory scanning), but hey, think about what Sakurai does; he can take the most unlikely moves out of characters and turn them into crazy attacks in some way, as proved with the Wii Fit Trainer.

Specials:

Standard Special - Coin-Slot Machine Gun: Layton charges up the device and fires a barrage of coins; pretty similar to what other people thought about with this move. When customizing his Standard Special, the speed version of this move would involve smaller coins that would fire and wrack up damage quicker, while the power version would involve bigger coins that deal more damage than normal and have higher knock back.

Side Special - Hamster Attack: Layton throws an apple, and if it hits someone, it does a small amount of damage. If he uses the side special again, he will throw the hamster this time, and it will quickly run towards the apple. As it runs, it can climb up walls similar to the Bombchu, and it can knock opponents off with slight damage and relative knock back. Once it reaches the apple, the hamster eats it. If an opponent is right next to an apple, he/she will be trapped by the hamster as it eats the apple, wracking up damage with each bite; it's almost as if the hamster is biting the opponent's feet in the process. With the final bite, opponents are once again launched with relative knock back. For the custom versions of this move, the speed version involve a smaller apple, which is supposed to achieve quick and easy when the hamster bites. The power version would involve a larger apple; this means it would take longer for the hamster to eat the apple, but if the opponent is caught, they will receive more damage than the normal version of this attack.

Up Special - Custom Glider: Layton uses the Custom Glider he built from Curious Village. When he uses it, he faces towards the front. The glider can travel very high and is quite easy to maneuver, similar to Snake and ROB's Up-special. In a sense, it makes up for Layton's low second jump, very similar to Snake's situation. The glider can also disrupt an opponent's up-special when it makes contact, but in doing so, the glider will start to lose control for a few seconds before Layton is forced to dislodge himself. This is supposed to mimic the scene when the glider slightly touches Don Paolo's helicopter in Curious Village and disrupts it to the point Don Paolo is forced to flee. With this Up Special, Layton is not rendered helpless after using it. I can't think of the customized versions of this move would be like though:

Down Special - Stone Catapult: Layton pulls out the catapult he uses to take down Descole in Last Specter, but it has been scaled down to closely match his size but a bit bigger. You can charge the catapult so that two stones can be launched farther. The farther the stones are launched, the more knock back and damage they deal. For the customized version of this move, the speed version would involve three stone pieces, with each dealing moderate damage with relative knock back. The power version would be one massive stone that has OHKO potential when launched at full power, but of course, it'd be hard to pull off in this instance as the stone might not hit anyone in the end.

Final Smash:

Battle Puzzle: The camera zooms in on Layton as he adjusts his cap and says "This battle reminds me of a puzzle." The camera pans out and all three fighters are temporarily stunned with a magnifying glass appearing in front of each of them; then, an exclamation mark appears above each of their heads. Layton looks straight at the camera as the screen blacks out. What happens from here varies depending on how many fighters are present at the moment.

In a four player match, the screen changes to each of the fighters performing some kind of fighting animation. Above the fighters is a question asking, "Which fighter is not the like others." For example, two of the fighters will use their side special, but one of them will use their up special instead. The one that's different here is the one using the up special. When you pick the fighter, the screen changes to Layton solving the puzzle, with both the right or wrong animations depending on your answer. If correct, the attack is a virtual OHKO on the chosen fighter. If incorrect, nothing happens.

In a three player match, the screen once again changes to the two other fighters performing some kind of fighting animation. This puzzle will ask, "Which is fighter is using their ______ attack." For example, you could be asked which fighter is using their "forward tilt" attack, and you have to figure out which fighter is using such an attack. Once again, after picking a fighter, the screen changes to Layton solving the puzzle. Guess the right fighter, and it will be a virtual OHKO; guess the wrong fighter and nothing happens.

In a two player match, the screen changes to the other fighter doing some kind of fighting animation just like what happens int the past two scenarios. This time, the puzzle asks, "What attack is the fighter using." There are four options to choose from in a multiple choice like format. Rather than asking the specific names of attacks, it asks the basic names. For example, your opponent could be using his/her forward tilt, and you'll be presented with three options: "forward tilt", "backward tilt", or "up tilt". If the fighter is using their up special, you'd have four options to choose from: "standard special", "side special", "up special", or "down special". Yet again, after picking an option, you'll see Layton's puzzle solving animation. Get the correct answer and its a virtual OHKO; get it wrong and nothing happens.

You also have 4-5 seconds to solve the puzzle. If you don't solve the puzzle in time, you'll get Layton's incorrect animation and nothing happens. This final smash is a matter of memorizing every fighter's move set, whether normal or custom, if you want to succeed with this final smash often; otherwise, it ends up being high risk, high reward. It may sound like an overpowered move in some parts; yet, sometimes in a heated match, or mind might not think straight because the situation can be very intense, so its possible to get it incorrect even when you think you know the answer. I personally think this is truly the best way to incorporate the puzzle system into Smash Bros.

As a side note, Layton's puzzle solving animation during the final smash would use his 3D Smash Bros model and would look similar to his puzzle solving animation in Miracle Mask. During this animation, he will say, "I think this might be it." If the answer is correct, he will say "A satisfying puzzle indeed" as the fighter is launched. If the answer is incorrect, he will say "Some puzzles are harder than others" shortly after the animation finishes.

Taunts:

Up Taunt: Layton turns towards the camera, raises one hand up like he has an idea, then says "Every puzzle has its answer." His pose during the taunt would look similar to this:

Side Taunt: Layton extends both arms outward in a way that looks like he is explaining something and says, "I love the thrill of a good puzzle."

Down Taunt: Layton pulls out a cup of tea and drinks it.

Victory and Losing Animations:
I could think of six good victory animations for the Professor: three of which are those he is by himself, the other three involve a cameo appearance of either Luke, Emmy, or Flora. Six might seem much, but hey, Little Mac has a total of 16 different alt costumes to choose from, so perhaps we can give one character a similar treatment but with victory animations instead.

Normal Victory Animation 1: Layton adjusts his hat and says "A true gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved." He then gives a thumbs up with a smile in his face.

Normal Victory Animation 2: Layton is in his thinking stance and says "Someone here managed to win this heated battle..." He then points at the camera and states "And that person is you!" As he points at the screen, he has a very determined and heroic expression on his face. As you probably guessed, this animation is supposed to imitate Layton's signature "And that person is you" point while breaking the fourth wall in the process.

Normal Victory Animation 3: Layton takes off his hat and looks up at the sky, holding the hat to his chest. Think of the ending of Unwound Future when Layton does something similar, except the only difference here is that Layton is smiling and not crying.

Cameo Victory Animation 1: In this animation, Luke makes an appearance. Luke walks up to Layton (who is sitting on a chair near a table), hands him some tea, and tells him "You did it Professor!" Layton happily chuckles and drinks his tea as Luke watches happily.

Cameo Victory Animation 2: Here, Emmy makes an appearance. Professor Layton is walking from the left as he spots Emmy patiently waiting for him. She spots him and says, "Well Professor, I am surprised you managed to win such a battle." He responds, "It certainly was quite the riveting match." The two nod at each other with happy expressions on their faces.

Cameo Victory Animation 3: Here, Flora makes an appearance. Professor Layton is standing happily when Flora runs up to him and tightly hugs him. As she hugs him, she cries "Oh Professor, I'm so glad you're OK!" Layton adjusts his hat and responds "Thank you, Flora!" The scene would look very similar to their reunion in Unwound Future, pictured below:

His victory theme would be a more melodic version of this melody overall:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNarlVNOn0s

Losing Animation: Layton claps with both hands towards his left side and a smile on his face.

Closing Thoughts:
I'm aware that some ideas for his move set are similar to others, but at the same time, you can definitely see some uniqueness here as well. If I had to describe Layton in a unique way, I could see him being Snake's semi-replacement: Both are third party characters who are relatively tall and heavy with bad 2nd jumps yet excellent up specials.

Now for something that I am sure you all will be interested in: the stage ideas. The first one I am going to discuss is a stage that I think would fit into the 3DS version: London

In this stage, you fight on various landmarks in London that appeared throughout the series, particularly from Last Specter, Eternal Diva, Azran Legacy, Diabolical Box, and Unwound Future. The stage would transition between landmarks in two ways: like Delfino Plaza, Prism Tower, and Skyworld or like Castle Siege. Personally, I would prefer the stage would play out like the first option, where a flying platform would transport all the fighters to another part of London, but due to 3DS limitations, it would be hard to incorporate since London is such a big city, I feel the Castle Siege transitions would probably end up being the better option because its a lot more simple than having a flying platform with all of London visible in the background.

Anyways, you first fight on the Tower Bridge, but rather at the top, you fight on the road. For a visual, think about where Layton uncovers Don Paolo's disguise in the beginning of Eternal Diva; yep, that same road, but you fight on the sidewalk and the main road itself. However, it would be slightly scaled down so that it isn't too large and creates open areas to fall on the stage's left and right. There would also be a relatively large platform that would appear above the platform. Luckily, cars wouldn't be passing by, as you can see signs blocking off the path in the distance, possibly to tell citizens that a battle is taking place. This phase of the fight takes place during the early morning

You then fight on top of Big Ben, or really, the clock tower's balcony, where Eternal Diva opens. Nothing much to say here. You can see the top half of the clock below you as you fight; during this phase of the stage, Big Ben will ring, a nice detail added to make the stage come to life more. Its also clear daytime at this phase of the battle, and there are open gaps on the left and right side of the stage.

Then, you fight at the front of Gressenheller University. For a visual of how this phase of the stage would look like, here's a picture:

Like Big Ben's top, it would be a flat stage with no platforms, but slightly scaled down so that it isn't too big. At this point, you will begin to see various characters from the series appear in the background. In this phase of the entire stage, Dean Delmona, Rosa Grimes (Layton's housekeeper in Last Specter), and Dr. Schrader would be seen watching the fight in the distance. All three of them work for the University in some way, so its fitting for them to make cameos in this phase of the battle.

After battling at the University, you fight in front of Scotland Yard. For a visual:

This time, however, rather than fighting on the street, the stage is slightly elevated so that you can get KOd by falling below, where you can't see the street. The stage would also be slightly zoomed in at the building, but good enough so that you can see the building's top. There also two smaller platforms set up in a way like Spear Pillar, except they aren't moving. You can see Inspector Chelmey, Barton, Carmichael (from Azran Legacy), and Leonard Bloom watching the fight through various windows. Its obviously fitting for those three to appear as cameos appear b/c they work for Scotland Yard. "What about Inspector Grosky though," you might ask. Well, I have something else planned for him, not as a cameo, but something bigger.

Next, you fight at Kensington Street as it appears in Azran Legacy. Once again, the stage is slightly elevated so that you are not fighting on the street itself and you can be KOd by falling below. There are also three smaller platforms set up in a way like Battlefield. This time, however, you can see the background of the stage rotating around you, giving you a glimpse of every side of the street. It is also evening at this point. Clark and Brenda Triton, Luke's parents, can be seen watching the battle in the distance. There cameos might seem out of place, but they do appear in London in Azran Legacy, so it does make sense to incorporate them here.

Finally, the last phase of the fight takes place on the London Alleyways where Professor Layton says goodbye to Claire in Unwound Future. It is now nighttime, and although I can't find a picture as to how to the stage would look like, I can describe it. It would take place on the tops of two houses. In the middle of the two houses is a gap where you can fall through and get KOd, and that's supposed to be the empty street. Above the gap, there is a platform to make things a bit more interesting. On the roofs of other houses in the background, Clair, Clive, and Dmitri (all from Unwound Future) can be seen watching the battle in the distance.

It is after the London Alleyways phase the stage loops back to Tower Bridge and starts over. Now, how exactly could the stage transition in a way like Castle Siege? One way is to have the transition sequence exactly like CS from Brawl, but to make things more Layton-esque, I could picture the magnifying glass appearing and moving to the top right of the stage towards the end of a phase. The magnifying glass would change to a blue color; in the games, the blue coloring means you can zoom in on this location. Here, however, the zoom in effect would change the background of the stage to have an effect like its zooming in. Think of Castle Siege's transition phrase, but rather than having the "moving down" pattern, it has a "zooming in pattern."

Also, I definitely wouldn't picture a 2-minute battle going through all six phases of the stage. I think the amount of time b/w each phase would be like Castle Siege's in Brawl, with each phase taking about 40 seconds each, so a single loop through all six phases would take around 4 minutes.

Unfortunately, this isn't the kind of stage that would have a Final Destination version, but each phase of the London stage would not have any hazards, so it isn't that bad of a problem.

If you have any other London locations that could fit well into Smash Bros, go right ahead and offer ideas. I could only come up with those six as stage ideas, but I am sure there can be more.

The next stage idea is for the Wii U version. It's one that I have seen no one offer as a Smash Bros stage idea on any Smash Bros forums at this point. It's a location that appears in Azran Legacy... but in the game's finale. You might already know what I am taking about if you played the game, but if you don't want to risk getting spoiled, either don't read the next spoiler bit below or read at your own risk.

I could see the Azran Sanctuary appearing as a potential Smash Bros stage. For those that don't remember it, it is the final location Professor Layton and co. visit in Azran Legacy. At first, it appears to be the ultimate Azran Legacy, but it isn't the case. It is actually there to contain the true Azran Legacy: the Azran Golems.

The way how I can see this stage play out is very similar to Halberd from Brawl, where it starts inside the stage, then flies around the stage, rests somewhere on top of the stage, and then loops back at a phase once again.

The stage starts in the Chamber of Light, the heart of the Azran Sanctuary, which is pictured below:

The main platform you would be battling on would be a stone platform with various Azran writing and details on it, along with two smaller platforms on the top: the left being slightly lower than the right one. Like the main platform, they would also have various Azran details, particularly the drawing that appears in the final puzzle and the title screen of the game. In addition, the main platform is slightly elevated once again to make KOs from falling below possible, and it also allows the entire prism to be visible in the distance.

Aurora, the Azran Emissary, will appear in the center background of the main battlefield, maintaining a distance similar to that of Dialga/Palkia/Cresselia from Spear Pillar. At the very beginning of the battle, she will be in a prayerful state. A few seconds into the match, however, her inner "Voice of the Azran" self awakens; her eyes will begin glowing, her arms spread out, and the prism will light up just like in the picture. Pink lights appear beneath the main platform, and the Chamber of Light starts to rumble just like what happens in the 24th cutscene of the game, indicating the Sanctuary is starting to rise up from underground. Luckily, the main stage where the fighting takes place will be able to escape the Sanctuary quickly by following the central beam of light coming from the prism and escaping from the top; the main battlefield will probably be going through tons of underground material, but it will be protected by an energy sphere that will break through and emerge from the ground.

At this point, Aurora begins using her Azran powers to pilot the main battlefield. When the stage emerges from the ground, the energy sphere disappears. Rising out of the mountaintops, you can see Froenburg in the distance, as well as various Targent tanks. The stage will move towards Froenburg, but then, you will hear what sounds like a huge earthquake: the Azran Sanctuary has risen out of the ground! Aurora turns the main battlefield around towards the direction of where the Sanctuary rose, but you won't see the Sanctuary yet b/c it rose out of the ground very quickly. Aurora then causes the main stage to rise up at an acceleration rate until it reaches high above the clouds.

At this point, the entire Azran Sanctuary is visible in the distance:

Aurora then flies the battlefield towards the Sanctuary, moving her arms around in a way that makes it look like she's moving the combat zone, and from there, the battlefield flies around the Sanctuary up-close, similar to how the main battlefield flies around the battleship in the Halberd stage.

When looking at this picture of the Azran Sanctuary from the 3DS, just imagine how it would look like on the WiiU. With HD visuals, it would be amazing to gaze out. You could see the detailed moss growing throughout parts of the structure, making the Sanctuary look much more like a decaying ruins than its original appearance in Azran Legacy. Not only that, but even the mountains would look amazing in the HD too. All of this is why I would picture the Azran Sanctuary appearing on the WiiU version and not the 3DS.

After flying around the Sanctuary at a decent speed, the stage will fly by towards the bottom of the site. At this point, Aurora moves one of her arms forward and her eyes glow even brighter. Shortly after, all of the Azran Golems start flying out. The stage will continue to fly around the Sanctuary at different points, only now, the Azran Golems are flying everywhere while firing their lasers. They are also the main stage hazards. An Azran Golem can fly by the battlefield at a random point, whether from the background, the left, or the right. When it does, its stomach start to glow pink: its about to fire its laser! This is a warning to either get away or dodge it (by rolling or side-stepping). If the laser hits you, its a one hit KO; it might be a little OP though, so to make things a bit less cheap, it could just end up dealing a lot of damage, but the reason why I picture the laser as having OHKO potential is b/c in the games, the lasers have the ability to obliterate tanks and buildings into pieces. Also, just like in the games, the Golems are indestructible: you can't just attack it to get rid of one. Generally, there will be about 2-3 Golem attacks during this phase of the battle.

After that, the stage then rests on the top of the Azran Sanctuary, pictured below:

As the stage rests on the top, the two smaller platforms will still be present, and Aurora will still be in the background but on a small, elevated structure of her own. Now, she has snapped out of her "destructive" mind and curiously watches the fighters.

In this phase, the Golems will not be attacking you nor the other fighters (they can still be seen flying around the sky in the background), but stage hazards will still be present. This time, two kinds of Azran statues will emerge from the ground in the background. The first kind are the same ones that Descole defends Luke against before injuring himself and revealing his true identity to Professor Layton, and the other kind are the ones that fire lasers nonstop while rotating around in circles, appearing in the 2nd to last puzzle in the game.

With the first kind of statues, only there heads will emerge as their entire bodies are pretty huge in Azran Legacy. Four statue heads will emerge: two facing left and right in the far background, and two facing the fighters closer to the battlefield on both sides. At one point, the two far statue heads will have their eyes twinkle. Shortly after, the two closer statue heads will fire two brief lasers that will deal some decent damage if you don't dodge them. Generally though, the statues have varying patterns on how they fire: one closer and one farther could have their eyes twinkle, while the other two will fire their lasers, or even in some cases, the two closer statues could twinkle their eyes, while the far ones fire lasers. Its random, but the lasers will be fired twice.

After the 2nd set of lasers is fired, the four statue heads return into the ground. Then, the 2nd kind of statue appears. This one appears either in the far left, center or right but facing with its back towards the fighters. Shortly after it emerges, its eyes glow and then it will fire lasers from each eye while rotating clockwise. As it rotates, the lasers will move along with it, reaching far out into the main battlefield. They are a bit more damaging than the first statues' lasers, with slightly higher knock back, but they are still not as dangerous as the lasers the Azran Golems use. The statue will rotate once, pause for a few seconds, and then rotate once again before returning into the ground.

The way how I see the statues emerge and lower into the ground would be like a nuclear weapon emerging from the ground before getting fired: a very mechanical way of movement. It might sound crazy, but the Azran are constantly seen throughout the game as a highly advanced civilization in technology and science, so I think such statue movement could work for the Smash Bros world.

Also in the background of the stage, five Targent members make cameo appearances: Bronev, Gannet, Plover, and two of three Targent officers that tried to gun down Descole in the ending of Miracle Mask (Robin and Macaw don't appear b/c they quit Targent at this point in the game, and Swift and Grouse don't appear b/c they are still in the Nest). While Luke, Emmy, and Descole could also make cameos, I decided to go with the Targent men instead if Luke, Emmy, and Descole make a different appearance as assist trophy, taunt, victory animation, or playable fighters, and also b/c Bronev seems to have escorted much of Targent to Froenburg towards the end of Azran Legacy.

Now, I could see two ways this stage could play out from here. Either the main platform will emerge from the ground and fly around the Sanctuary in the same pattern once again with more Azran Golems firing lasers now that they are flying around, similar to how Halberd doesn't return to the main dock at the beginning of the fight, or the stage will continue in a fashion similar to what happens in the original game. While the 1st option seems to be the better option to go with since it's closer to how Halberd is played out, I like the 2nd option more b/c it closely follows the events in the game's conclusion.

During the phase of the battle when the fighters are fighting on top of the Azran Sanctuary, the five Targent members will run inside, dodging the statues as they go. The hallway in the background actually leads into the Chamber of Light. Not seen during the fight, all five of the Targent men will sacrifice their life by placing themselves in front of the pedestals to block the beams of light that are powering the the Sanctuary and the Golems. At one point during the phase, while Aurora is in her "calm" state, she will sense that the beams of light are gone. She will then enter her prayerful state once again, praying to the Light of the Azran to reverse time and save the Targent men while sacrificing herself in the process (because she realizes humans are not entirely selfish).

Once she stops praying, she places both arms in front of her and now has a sorrowful look on her face. Before long, you can see the Golems in the background starting to fall to the ground, and she starts to burn away into a mystical, yellow fire just like what happens in the end of the game. This is because if you played the game, you'd know she is also an Azran Golem herself, so just like the other Golems, she is also dies. Unbeknownst to the fighters, the Sanctuary has started to crumble beneath their feet. Eventually, once Aurora completely fades away into midair (which happens rather quickly), the main battlefield starts to fall apart, beginning the final phase of the entire stage; the stage splits into two during this phase, and as it goes down, you can see many parts of the Sanctuary already falling slowly down in the background just like in the games.

Eventually, the prism from the Chamber of Light appears as it falls down an accelerating rate. Once it reaches the same level as the main combat zone, it unleashes a blast (the same one after you solve the final puzzle in the game), and the background of the stage changes to that of a portal; the prism has reversed time. Eventually, the portal changes into the Chamber of Light where the battle first began, resetting the loop.

The Final Destination version of this stage would be a flat, stone structure that looks similar to the main platform, and just like the original version, it still travels through the various phases of the fight. The only difference is that the Azran Golems will not attack the fighters and the stage will not rest on the top of the Azran Sanctuary but will float above it. It also doesn't split into two when the Sanctuary begins to collapse.

To those that think, "There's no way this could ever be a stage b/c it appears at the very end of the game and spoils the ending of Azran Legacy to all the players," let me remind you that Sakurai doesn't care about spoilers. This is clear enough as we have seen a major spoiler about what happens to Palutena in Kid Icarus Uprising in her reveal trailer (the Chaos Kin possessing her), the relationship b/w Lucina and Chrom being spoiled in Robin's reveal trailer (something that players don't find out until mid-game in FE:A), and perhaps most convincingly of all, the Kalos+Unova Pokemon Leagues appearing as stages (both are locations that don't appear until the very end of their respective games).

Compared to the London stage or any other stage previously offered, I would be ecstatic if the Azran Sanctuary ended up as Professor Layton's stage if he ever ended up in the roster. I remember playing through the ending of Azran Legacy, and I was simply awestruck when I saw the Sanctuary b/c of its design and the epic moments that were happening to it during the 24th cutscene in the game. Truly a highlight from the game, and one that deserves to be in Smash Bros 4.

For Smash Run enemies, I can only see the mummies from Miracle Mask appearing as such, and the way they'd work is very similar to an earlier post in this forum.

For Assist Trophy ideas, I have two below:

For a representative of the Don Paolo, I think Don Paolo could work best. He would get on his helicopter, fly to the background, and pull out the large, chained ball. He would then fly from left to right as the ball makes contact with the other fighters in the battlefield.

For a representative of the prequel trilogy, I could see Inspector Grosky working pretty well. He would fulfill Little Mac's role from Brawl, beating up the other fighter's with a series of punches and kicks. When he is summoned and starts attacking everyone, he says, "I'm Inspector Grosky of the Yard, and you all are going down!" Once he finishes attacking, he exclaims, "Another win for the Yard" before disappearing.

Yeah, I know Emmy would be more fitting for the "Close Combat Assist Trophy" in place of Little Mac, but I think Grosky would work if Emmy appears in the codecs and cameos in Layton's victory animation. Also, compared to Chelmey, Grosky is the one that is actually seen with most of the combat action unlike the other. This is why I'd see Chelmey making a simple cameo instead of being an assist trophy.

As for Music Ideas:
I'd have a remixed Layton's theme as the main track for the London stage and Descole's theme plus the Unwound Future theme appearing as the alternate tracks. Both tracks would also appear on the Azran Sanctuary stage in addition to the Airship Chase (Shooting!) theme, the final battle theme in Last Specter (the live version instead though), and Mysterious Flower, I'd also have the following tracks appear:
-Diabolical Box Theme
-Last Specter Theme
-The Specter Appears (Personally, I could see a medley combination with the Ocarina medley and the final battle theme b/c this particular track, while epic, is pretty short. It would start with the ocarina that calls Loosha in Last Specter, then plays this theme, and finally plays the live version of the final battle theme. The medley would sound like the trailer music for Last Specter's E3 2011 trailer, with the only difference being the final battle theme added in the end).
-Miracle Mask Theme
-Azran Legacy Theme
-Targent's Theme
-The Masked Gentleman's Theme

And last but certainly not list, an "Azran Medley." It would be composed of these four tracks that are played throughout the Azran Sanctuary:
1. The Azran Sanctuary's Theme

The next three songs sadly do not appear within Azran Legacy's soundtrack, so the only way you can clearly hear each song is if you watch the cutscenes where they are each played on. Those cutscenes with the tracks are in the links below. Note that each name you see below is a fan made name since the songs do not have official titles for not appearing in the game's main soundtrack.
2. The Sanctuary Rises
3. A Sacrifice Made
4. The Sanctuary Falls

Each song would be played in the numbered order you see here. Personally, I could see the medley matching up with each phase of the fight in the Azran Sanctuary stage.

And finally, here are some of my alternate costume options for Professor Layton:

Now that we there will be eight costumes for each character, I think we can give some costumes a second look. His recolor costumes would be one that matches Luke's colors, one that matches Emmy's colors, one that matches Flora's colors, one that matches Chelmey's colors, and one that matches Don Paolo's colors. This would make five recolors.

Now for the real alternate costumes:

The first one would be his ball costume that he wears during Luke's dream in Miracle Mask Plus, pictured below:

The other one would be the "Future Layton" costume that Dmitri wears in Unwound Future, only this time, its Layton himself that wears it. A picture of Future Layton is present below:

Combine Layton's default costume, the five recolors, and two alternate costumes, and you have eight costumes altogether, perfect for Smash Bros!

Well, these are all my ideas as to how Layton could be incorporated into Smash Bros. I also have a move set idea for Descole and several alt costume ideas for him as well (yes, I myself can see how Descole could be playable in Smash Bros 4), but to keep with the spirit of this thread, I will hold off on my Descole ideas unless anyone on this actually wants to hear them.
Well, those blow my ideas out of the water.,

Nah, but seriously, that's majorly impressive. You've put a lot of time and effort into that! :3

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Well, those blow my ideas out of the water.,

Nah, but seriously, that's majorly impressive. You've put a lot of time and effort into that! :3
Thank you! It took almost an entire day (I had a few breaks here and there) to write all of this.:)

As a side note, I forgot to mention Layton's neutral air. Personally though, I would see it as being very similar to Marth's neutral air, except in this instance, Layton would use his pipe.

I think I will discuss my ideas for Descole's move set once the 3DS version is released in Japan since his chances of getting into Smash Bros are pretty slim compared to Layton, but in my opinion, he'd be a great villain addition to the Smash Bros franchise.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm also thinking of inviting a few early members though, to help me get a few stuff set up and all. If people are interested that is, they are free to ask, if not then that's cool. :)

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
I've been avoiding this thread for quite some time just so I could finish the last game I hadn't played (The Azran Legacy) even though it's been out for so long :lol:
Even though the 3DS version is out in about four days and it's not very likely Professor Layton will be in the final roster I still would love him to be in the game. Perhaps by DLC.
Any room left on the support list? :3

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I've been waiting for that sequel trilogy since... well... when it got first teased....:urg:
Would love to see one eventually done someday....
Well anyway, in regards to after we know the full roster and the case this thread may become unavailable sometime once we know the full roster (Unless DLC gets confirmed) would you guys like to see me prepare a Professor Layton social group? Where we can further discuss Professor Layton as well as Smash Bros related things in regards to the series such as the games, puzzles, codecs, Professor Layton Mii Fighters and other stuff and all? Would you guys like that?
That would be great!

It's a shame that we're nearing the release with no sign of the Professor... oh well, there's always SSB5! XD

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I don't see why the complaints about Professor Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright on the characters...I mean, I would've liked to see the other characters too, but their absence also let Layton, Wright, Luke and Maya develop a much more genuine, believable friendship between each other, rather than being forced for a crossover-typical relationship. I mean, we can genuinely say that Layton and Wright can be considered friends, the only semblance of that we have on Smash Bros. would be...Lucas and Pokemon Trainer, and maybe Samus and Pikachu.

Besides, there were some new characters who felt very memorable, especially Inquisitor Barnham, and the Storyteller's awesome too. And Constantine, too :3 I honestly felt like the game was a near-perfect textbook example of how do a crossover. Both franchises got plenty of time devoted to them, the two gameplay styles mixed perfectly, taking the little quirks that make both so memorable, the supporting characters were also mixed, and hell...
[collapse=STORY SPOILERS]The story plays out very much like an Ace Attorney story at first and then it takes a turn and becomes a Layton story...if that's not mixing the two franchises at the core, then I don't know what it is![/collapse]

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Nah there's nothing wrong with the main story mainly focusing on the main group, It kinda should be like that anyway I guess. it's just that it kinda would have been nice to bring in a few other characters during the bonus episodes, which from what I've understood, wasn't even an actual thing related to the main story anyway. It just would have been a neat and nice little thing to do is all. Though we did see Chelmey and Edgeworth a bit more so that's something at least I guess... ^^;

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Honestly, I'm just glad that it happened at all. After all, it's not every day that you get two fantastic franchises teaming up.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah don't get me wrong, I still really enjoyed the game and find it a very good crosover. (I liked it better than the prequels too)

but yeah... I would like to see Layton in another crossover again. He does show up occasionally in the Inazuma Eleven games, another Level-5 series.

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
Since I live in the UK I completed PLvsAA quite a while ago. Personally I really enjoyed it but there were a few little parts that made me sour. All this praise that you guys are giving it makes me want to play it again! :3

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well okay, I guess I'm more or less done preparing the group, the 3DS version will be coming out in a few days now and I'm not sure how long the character threads will stay up until they get archived. For now I'll just send an invite to you guys and you're free to join if you want. I'm doing this a few days in advance in case there is someone who wants something from this thread to be brought over to the group such as any codec's or moveset idea's or anything so they can do so (be sure you do it as soon as possible though) I'll see when I'll make the group publicly available.

If you want to be included and didn't receive an invite, feel free to post in this thread or just send me a PM.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well okay, I guess I'm more or less done preparing the group, the 3DS version will be coming out in a few days now and I'm not sure how long the character threads will stay up until they get archived. For now I'll just send an invite to you guys and you're free to join if you want. I'm doing this a few days in advance in case there is someone who wants something from this thread to be brought over to the group such as any codec's or moveset idea's or anything so they can do so (be sure you do it as soon as possible though) I'll see when I'll make the group publicly available.

If you want to be included and didn't receive an invite, feel free to post in this thread or just send me a PM.
i wouldnt mind if you brought over my codecs

please

Top Bottom