• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Midna for Brawl thread. (Debate the Wolf here!)

Midna In Brawl?

• Only Midna in Brawl!

Votes: 277 30.8%
  • Midna and Wolflink in Brawl!

Votes: 398 44.3%
  • I don't want Midna in there, period!

Votes: 89 9.9%
  • Just give me Wolflink sans Midna!

Votes: 30 3.3%
  • I really couldn't care less.

Votes: 105 11.7%

• Total voters

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
If there is one thing this game doesn't need it is summons. The Ice Climbers have enough problems(CPU sucking) without Midna and Wolf Link being seperate. However I will be sad if Midna doesn't make it, as she is one of my favorite video game(and literature characters) of all time.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Personally, I'd rather have Midna alone. She'd be a perfectly capable character. Also, I can't help thinking it would like awkward to see Wolf Link and Midna fall - it would make it seem as though she was glued onto his back.

Skler

Smash Master
Midna alone rules for so many reasons. Anybody have a good moveset thought up though? I figure somebody should post one just cause. Linkw00t use some real spoiler tags if your gunna spoil something, don't just say *spoiler*.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Midna for Brawl! Midna's actually not all that sweet and angelic as she appears,
she's more kinda full of herself I've heard. I've seen a Midna moveset around,
but cant be ***** to find it. It's good though. I reckon Midna'd be an unlockable.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
The key word in what I had said was fast. As <3 said, Midna can easily have her own moveset. She doesn't need to use the giant hand for anything but tilts or grabs if she wants, she can have a jab similar to M2s (but with less suck) and have magical attacks for all of her B moves.
Magical attacks for B moves is a must, and these would all be centered around Midna (seeing as Link doesn't have magic in TP, unless you count Magic Armour), but what's the harm in giving Midna faster movement and more staying power (weight), as well as a larger variety of A moves by putting her on Link? I think having both of them results in a more original, better moveset. Better meaning higher-tier-better.

Here's the best moveset I can come up with, but I'm not a well-payed Japanese game developer...

A: Bite : Wolf link bites. Tapping A several times causes you to do successive attacks.
> Tilt : Midna uses her hand (on her head) to slap opponent.
> Smash: Wolf Link leaps forward and headbutts opponent
^ Tilt : Wolf Link rears his head upwards (headbutt)
^ Smash : Midna swings her hand from front to top, hit all foes in its path.
\/ Tilt : Midna's hand swings around the front of Wolf Link and on the ground, hitting foes infront of and at Link.
\/Smash: Wolf Link does a spin attack sending all foes outwards with his tail. Hit's back first.

^ B : Midna and Link warp to whatever direction you tilt as black fragments of shadow magic. These hurt foes caught in their path. (Midna stays solid and hit-able, but is more-or-less defended by Link's particles. Obviously, if Midna gets hit or die, Link turns solid again and suffers the same fate).
> B : Midna creates a dark-magic projectile (Like the one she uses to break Wolf Link's shackles in your first Twilight encounter.
B : ??? Can't think of anything cool enough for a neutral B right now. It'll come to me later.
\/ B : Midna expands Links energy field (B attack in TP). An orange circle expands on the ground. Enemies that touch it are frozen temporarily. When \/B is released, Wolf Link attempts to attack each opponent in the order that they were frozen. Opponents are unfrozen a moment after he begins to attack (the first snared opponent always gets nailed, but subsequent opponents have a chance to escape or shield). If no opponents are snared, Link does an ineffective and time-costing spin attack. Opponents can free themselves the same way you get free from a grab. The move has a maximum duration of 5 seconds.

Dash Attack : Wolf Link charges into opponent while Midna swipes hand. If hit in a lower, small hitbox (new crouching opponents), Wolf Link hit's them at a low trajectory. Otherwise, Midna's hand nails them upwards and forward.

Grab : Link bites onto opponent.
Grab Hit : Link bites opponent while still holding on.
Forward Throw : Midna grabs (using hand on head) opponent from Link and tosses him/her forward.
Back Throw : Link, while holding opponent in mouth, spins and throws opponent backward.
^Throw : Link backflips, hitting opponent upward with his tail.
\/Throw : Midna grabs opponent from Link and pounds him/her against the ground.

Neutral Air : Midna flips around Wolf Link's head and they both spin. Front gets kicked by Midna, back gets tail lashed by Link.
Forward Air : Wolf Link headbutt's opponent forward.
Back Air : Midna holds onto Wolf Link and kicks behind her.
Down Air : Both characters flip forward, Midna's hand slams foes downwards (Spike).
Up Air : Both characters flip backward. Wolf Link tail lashes enemies upwards.

Super : ??? There are a lot of possibilities for this. Midna could make the entire stage disappear if she wanted.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, but the title of this thread just makes me laugh. "The Official Midna for Brawl" Yeah. 'Cause, you know, we wouldn't want any of those lame unofficial Midna's you see running around everywhere. Cheap knockoffs is what they are. :laugh:

But, yeah, I agree. Midna would be pretty sick in Brawl. Also, the second pic is broken.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Thats it, Im starting to get alil confused as to WHY anyone would want Midna alone. Really, give me a good reason because all I hear is " she is good enuff to be on her own/ She deserves to be her own character (WTF does that mean?)/ she can work on her own" but no one who wants her on her own can give a good stand alone reason that doesn't boil down to ". . . I want her alone because she is cool and important and. . . Wolf Link might take up her move-set".

Midna by her self is a BAD idea. By putting her in alone she will most likely be doomed (yes, dare I say it, DOOMED) to have not-so-good M2 like stats. Yes, there is a reason M2 (the most powerful 1st gen pokemon. . . .and that includes speed) is slow. They made him slow because it makes sense in a way. Why would a character that floats around have good control on land? To add to the proof, M2 isn't strong or heavy which is the main thing in reasons-to-reduce-a-characters-speed. The divs made that choice (I don't know if they will unsuck him but you never know). Now, add that to the fact that M2 is light because he floats when he should be heavy (I have heard that he is hard to throw because he is heavy but he is really light when hit because he floats).

Now add small light Imp + floating+ slowness=not very good character stats. Than add that to the chances of her using her hair hand either ALOT or about as much as M2 tail whips and I just end up seeing her as a slow floater that is light and uses alot of magic or/ and hand but not very unique because we have a floater and a mage. (Anyone want to say ANYTHING about her speed in TP than 1) show me ONE time where she floated fast because she has always floated slow from what I have seen. 2) "Midna aint M2" well we can assume that a FE character with a sheld and a huge sword would be slow like Link because Link is slow duo to his gear. . . same thing here, just using the facts about M2's speed/ stats to show why floaters are slow. And don't even try to bring up the game if you want her alone seeing as all nintendo official art shows her with Wolf Link and we can clearly see that SSBB is using the same art style for the LOZ characters (don't care what 3> says, can't toch the game and lable anything in it as "proof" but not look at the official art work)).

But thats not even the REAL arguement here. She is/ has always/will always be known for riding on top of Wolf Lonk. It is clear that she should be with Wolf Link but for those who don't think soo lets play the "what did Sarukai say and what will Sarukai most likely do" game (^_^). He said that he is looking for unique and interesting characters. Now, lets look at Midna alone and Midna with Wolf Link. Midna, alone, is just another floater when it comes to movements. We have a floater already and her magic alone isn't too unique because Zelda has magic (not saying mages wont get in, just saying that it's not a very unique skill to base a agruement on). Her hair hand, on the other hand, is very unique and interesting but it would get alil lame to see her toss her hair hand around all the time.

Now lets look at what Midna on Wolf Link has. Midna, on wolf Link, would be the FIRST fully 4 legged character and sounds unique and interesting right off the bat. This would be the FIRST ever team character to fight as one (IC just mostly do the same attack the leader does). The Wolf adds speed and more heavyness well opening up alot of good team work combu attacks and a few Wolf attacks. Right there you have a character that has a great amount of choices to choose from. Midna could have wolf link's speed/ dash attacks/ spine attacks/ bites and his heavyness well still having alot of room for her magic and hair hand attacks.

So which sounds more likely for Sarukai to choose? Midna with or with out Wolf Link? I don't want to hear " she can do such and such" because I have already gone over that (And in the words of Chris Rock " You can drive a M^^^^F^^^ car with your feet, that doesn't mean it's a good idea!").

I hope you all stop it with the " she can do blah-blah-blah" agruement because we all know what she can do. Start thinking and/or arguing about what Sarukai will most likely do to her because even if I don't like trying to agrue his way of choosing characters I (and all of us) can see that Midna (on Wolf Link) is a prime character choice for a newcomer. And we can also look right at what he said about newcomers to see where his choosing is aimed at.

Skler

Smash Master
Yeah, I hate those cheap knockoff Midna threads. They all suck, especially the ones that exist. But really, I like the title, <3 makes a good point that Midna isn't Midna + Link 4 lyfe. Midna is just Midna 4 lyfe.

I'm still not sure what Midna's jab would be like, M2esque or just a little poke with her arms? You, the viewer, can decide.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Just out of stupid curiosity, could you mention what the sixteen basic attacks are? Not everyone knows them by heart you know.

4 - B
3 - Smash
Neutral A
Running A
4 - Air

Which three am I missing?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
you are missing the tilts and there are five air attacks not four. Also I missed running some how, thanks. XD

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Yeah, I hate those cheap knockoff Midna threads. They all suck, especially the ones that exist. But really, I like the title,
No, what I meant was that I first read the title as "The Official Midna" for Brawl, and not The Official "Midna For Brawl", by mistake. Get it?

Skler

Smash Master
Well, the old thread (called midna for brawl) was about midna + wolf Link, which means it wasn't about just Midna. Ever since it got renamed people won't understand why the title is what it is.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I retract my support from the old thread. Midna would only be great by herself. Wolf link wouldn't be as cool.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Movelist eh? Let's see what I can come up with.

WARNING There be *SPOILERS* below.

Starting with the Standing ground A attacks:

Neutral A: Midna does a quick slap with her hair. Stuns, but no knockback.
Tilt A: Long range punch with hair. Little knockback.
Up tilt A: Fly swat with hair. Good for starting juggles.
Running A: Midna plows into her opponents with her head.
Dwn A: Midna plants her hair on the ground and kicks outward, using her entire body for range.

Jumping A:

Neutral A: Midna Turns herself horizontally and kicks outwards. Hair doesn't move.
Fwd A: Midna does a forward flip and knocks the opponent back wih her hair as she flips.
Back A: Midna Does a back kick, completely horizontally, similar to Ness. METEOR SMASH!
Up A: Midna's hair balls into a fist, and punches upwards.
Down A: Midna Flips and faces upside-down as her hair tries to pund the ground.

Smashes:
Fwd Smash: Midna's hair charges, then backhands the opponent.
Down Smash: Midna turns into a shadow on the ground, and 4 shadow spikes then protrude from the ground.
Up Smash: Midna's hair charges in a flicking postion, and upon release, violently flicks an opponent into the air. Hillarious and humiliating.

Special Moves:
B: Midna is surrounded by those poles in TP that fence Link in when he fights the Shadow beasts. These reflect projectiles, and damages foes that run into it.
Fwd B: Midna fires those Shadow squares at the opponent. 3 at a time, it takes about 1 1/2 seconds to fire each round.
Dwn B: Midna performs the scream the shadow beasts can do, paralyzing enemies on both sides of her, within range.
Up B: Midna disappears into those series of squares and reappears in the direction of your choosing. Used mainly for recovery.

Taunt: The giggle.:laugh:

Super Smash: (SPOILER: )
Midna transforms into her real self, and shoots one of her tears at you. It does sickening amounts of damage.

And that's my movelist for brawl.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I like the idea of Midna with Wolf Link. I LOOVE to fight like that in TP. I fight most enemies as Wolf Link/Midna, I even did most of Cave of Ordeals as Wolf Link/Midna.

Midna alone? I don't know how good of an idea that is either, I mean they COULD make her cool, but seriously, what would be cooler than Wolf Link biting the crap out of someone and Midna going Fused Shadow and pwning with Super Smash?

WR3K

Smash Ace
midna WITH wolflink, thats the idea

i loved the idea since i first started seeing how they fight together in the game

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm not really a fan of Minda, I would rather they keep the selection of characters narrow so people don't go "Well since Midna is in Brawl I think *insert some odd character from some odd forgetten Nintendo series here*. It is already happening with the pokemon in brawl.

Stryks

Smash Hero
*Spoilers*

B: Dark field; Dont know the real name forgot, but the field attack she does in the game, the attack will take a while to begin, after the 1-1.5 second delay the field would appear anyone in the range of the attack either in the ground or in the air will be hit, realease the b button to execute the attack, without wolf link she would do rapid strikes, u cant see what she attcks with do to the incredible speed, so fast shes a blur XD...
B<>: Hair spike; the attack she did to zant after u defeated him, would have long range and high knockback but takes a while to perform...
Down B: Dark shield: Shes uses those black squares as a shield that protects her from both left and right, but not from above or below...
Up B: Portal: She would disappear trough a portal, the portal would reappear in the direction the layer tilts the control at and the midna falls from the portal...

Super: Am I the only one thats sees it obviously?! She will use the fused shadows and trsnform into the huge monster thing, and she will either do the spear she did to flame ganon and do a massive shockwave or will use the grab attack it did to puppet zelda that purify her, this will grab any character in its way or will grab one random character and this character wont be able to dodge it, this attack will give fasy multiple powerful hits...

Skler

Smash Master
I'm not really a fan of Minda, I would rather they keep the selection of characters narrow so people don't go "Well since Midna is in Brawl I think *insert some odd character from some odd forgetten Nintendo series here*. It is already happening with the pokemon in brawl.

Midna isn't from an odd forgotten Nintendo series. It's the Legend of Zelda, one of the series everybody loves (unless they hate everything). Fire Emblem had Roy in SSBM because they wanted to promote Fire Emblem and he was a new character. Midna can get in for the same reason (and for being unique and perfect for Brawl). I really do hope she ends up being alone though (assuming she gets in, which I kinda doubt, but we can still hope), wolf Link has the potential to ruin the character. Besides, what would the announcer say then!? "Midna and wolf Link" is too **** long.

I support Midna.I just love her gibberish she speaks.An she acts just adorable.

Link: Ok,i got the first Fused Shadow,Midna,cn you sense where the next one is located?

Midna:Ehj go um be,di su me guen pawer.

Link: . . . . . .what?

*Link talking,BLASPHAMY!!! Lol*

Black/Light

Smash Master
I really do hope she ends up being alone though (assuming she gets in, which I kinda doubt, but we can still hope), wolf Link has the potential to ruin the character. Besides, what would the announcer say then!? "Midna and wolf Link" is too **** long.
Wow, pretty big words considering she had a whole game with him. . . . and the same can be said about sole Midna having the potential to have the crap M2 stats with too much play on the hand hair.

And the announcer can say "Midna and Link" or "Midna and Wolf" which are both only alil bit longer than "the IC" .

Not trying to sound harsh, it's just that even after everything on the other thread went down into odd lil arguements I still can't find one person with one good stand alone reason why they think she should go sole. (I was shocked to find that the OP didn't even have one in the first post)

Black/Light

Smash Master
It's good to see that some people really have good veiws on the uniqueness that their gameplay has and a idea of the rainbow of attacks they could have together.

Very good to see seeing as the "official" Midna thread gives 0 reasons for her to be sole and really just seems to be a "Wolf Link would take up moves so Midna sole!!" kind of topic.;)

Skler

Smash Master
1. Wolf Link could eat up her moveset.
2. Bigger hitbox with no real increase in range (if your talking about character stats). Midna on wolf Link would be a pretty big character, especially that massive horizontal hitbox. I'm gunna guess DK or boozer sized. Not to mention they would be tall.
3. Midna is off of wolf Link every time she does something that's great, all she ever does while on him is make energy fields and use her giant hand.
4. We don't need two Links.
5. Wolf Link wasn't a great character, Midna never actually needed the wolf version of Link.

Midna would not have M2 stats because M2 was screwed by his huge size and slow speed. Midna would be much smaller and faster.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Well, when does Midna every really fight alone?

*Spoilers, blah blah blah*

She's is ALWAYS on Link. Link is the one chosen to help her, so she's always with him. The only time she DOES fight alone is when he turns into the huge Fused Shadow Spider. Which could be Midna/Wolf Link's Super Smash!

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I hate those cheap knockoff Midna threads. They all suck, especially the ones that exist. But really, I like the title, <3 makes a good point that Midna isn't Midna + Link 4 lyfe. Midna is just Midna 4 lyfe.

I'm still not sure what Midna's jab would be like, M2esque or just a little poke with her arms? You, the viewer, can decide.
*spoilers to follow*

Dude, I hate to tell you this, but she never really fight at all without Wolf Link. And she doesn't stay an Imp the entire game either. She turns into a spicy Twili character at the end of the game. She can't save the world alone, so she gets the prophisized Sacred Beast to help her. I don't think she deserves to be alone, nor does it make any since to the game that she appears in, for one thing. She is ALWAYS with Link. In all honesty, it's a cool thought, but I doubt it will make it in. If they have Midna, it would be Wolf Link/Midna. I mean seriously, WHY would they put her in solo? Sure she's capable with her hair hand and everything, but the majority of any fighting she ever does is on Wolf Link's back, she is mainly there to assist Link in his fight.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool, but I don't see it as logical. Wolf Link/Midna is a really creative character, that has some great potential.

But just to humor myself, I'll post a movelist shortly, I gotta think of one.

Edit:

1. Midna would contribute to Wolf Links moveset.
2.Midna isn't that big, even on Wolf Link they aren't that tall. Not to mention Wolf Link really isn't that big, he'd only take up slightly more horizontal space than some of the medium sized characters. (Seriously, how much does a midsized wolf weigh!?).
3.What is an example of something great she does off of Wolf Links back? Fused Shadow power? Breaking Wolf Links chains to use him to save her world? Since she NEEDS his help.
4. The multiple Links argument is way past gone, isn't it different when it is a completely different type of character?
5. Wolf Link wasn't meant to be a great character, in fact, Midna was added to Wolf Links back to give him personality. If he was meant to be a great character, Midna wouldn't be the central figure when they you're transformed into Wolf. She did need Wolf Link by the way, she was supposed to look for a Sacred Beast, not a green tunic wearing human. Wolf Link is the one who can fight in the Twilight.

As far as slow speed goes, in TP wolf link fights quite a bit faster than Link does. He also runs alot faster. The point is that he's faster, but less hard hitting than Link with less of an array of moves (Even with Midna, sorry to say it).

Just because you LIKE the Midna character, doesn't mean she deserves to be solo. I'm sure they could do a good Midna character if they worked on it alot. But I think it'd be more interesting to have Midna/Wolf Link. It would also be more true to the game.

After playing through the game, you should realize neither side would have saved the world alone.

Midna and Link would make a great combo. They have abilities that compliment eachother. Wolf Link has great close range combat skills, as well as weight. Midna adds range to Links game, as well as adding better jumps? It would be a good combo.

Malecden

Smash Rookie
Ok here is my move set idea, (Note- Some of the moves and references (Such as Midna's true form, Twilight Princess) are only seen a the end of the game)

Cursed Midna (Imp Form)

Movement
Run/Walk- Midna floats a foot off the ground and moves in a way similar to Mewtwo, leans forward when moving forward, leans back when moving back. She leans forward at a more extreme angle when running. Her hands are to her sides as they always are in twilight princess.
Jump- Midna jumps straight up as if moved by an unseen force. The second jump involves her doing a suspended forward flip while bits of twilight move around her and she is propelled upward in a way also similar to Mewtwo.

Normal Attacks (A)
Ground
Neutral A- Uses twilight to damge the opponent, can be rapid fire. Twilight is in a cloud.
Down A- Midna points her right finger toward the ground, Twilight quickly siphons through the ground damaging those in range.
Side A- Midna flicks hair and damages opponent
Up A- Midna does a back flip injuring anything above her
Air
Neutral A- A fist comes out of Midna's head and punches in front of her
Down A- Midna charges for a moment and then lies on her side in mid-air and points down shooting out a twilight tentacle
Side A- Midna curls into a ball and two twilight hands spread out from her, Midna spins and the hands create a sort of swirl
Up A- Midna flips upside down shoots a whip from her right hand and whips the air above her from left to right

Smash Attacks
Down A- Midna points her right finger toward the ground, Twilight Tentacles go left and right sending anyone in the way flying.
Side A- Midna uses the hand that comes out of her head to smack a nearby opponent.
Up A- Hand shoots directly up out of Midna’s head.

Grab/Throws
Midna’s grab is the hand that comes out of her head; it can also be used like Link’s Claw Shot.
A- Midna moves sideways while still attached to the hand and kicks the opponent
Up- Midna throws the opponent into the air and then uses the hand to punch him
Down- Midna uses the hand to pin the enemy to the ground. Another hand sprouts from her head punches the opponent.
Left/Right- A basic toss using the hand.

Specials (B)
Ground
Down B- Transform- (Twilight Princess) - Midna Turns Black and crouches on the ground. She forms in to what looks like a pile of robes and stands up in twilight princess form
Side/Smash B- Twilight Grab- Hand Comes out of head and grabs nearest opponent. Midna can than smack the enemy against the ground. (Similar to Bowser side B)
Up B- Warp- Midna disintegrates and materializes again 10 feet away in the direction of the player's choosing.
Air
Down B- Transform- Same as on ground
Side/Smash B- Hand comes out of Midna’s head and grabs opponent. She than uses the hand to chuck the opponent into the ground.
Up B- Same as on ground

Taunt
Midna Twirls in the air and giggles

“Super Smash”- The fused shadows appear and Midna transforms into her six legged twilight form. She then grabs the nearest opponent and pins it to the ground. She than materializes a spear in one of her hands and stabs the opponent while he is pinned on the ground.

Midna (Twilight Princess)

Movement
Run/Walk- Midna walks normally but rather slow and casually. Running is also normal (Almost exactly the same as Zelda)
Jump- First Jump is a normal jump of average height. Second jump is a front or back flip that appears to be boosted in height by some unseen force.

Normal Attacks (A)
Ground
Neutral A- A punch and kick combo similar to Sheak's
Down A- A twirl with one leg on the ground and the other sticking out
Side A- A moderately strong shoulder charge
Up A- A over-head swipe from front to back with the right hand
Air
Neutral A- A basic midair kick (Similar to Samus)
Down A- Midna straightens out and kicks both legs down while twirling
Side A- Midna punches anything in front of her downward
Up A- Midna lies sideways and shoots a line of twilight upward which explodes a foot away (Similar to Zelda’s explosion attack)

Smash Attacks
Down A- Midna crouches and puts her right hand to the ground. Twilight explodes in both directions
Side A- Midna sticks both hands out and twilight explodes in front of them (Similar to Zelda’s smash B but without the multiple hits)
Up A- Midna does a back flip kicking anything above her

Grab/Throws
Midna’s grab in this form is very basic; she simply reaches and grabs
A- Midna smacks the opponent with a flicking karate chop movement
Up- The opponent hovers in the air for a moment and then Midna swipes from back to front with her hand over her head creating particles of Twilight; this sends the opponent flying into the air.
Down- Midna jumps a short distance into the air laying backwards with the opponent above her and then casts the opponent into the ground with her right hand while flipping over
Left/Right- Midna tosses the enemy up and out and then casts a fast moving tear of light that explodes on contact with the opponent

Specials (B)
Ground
Down B- Transform- (Imp Form) - Midna crouches on the ground concealing herself in her robes the robes fly away and disintegrate into twilight revealing Midna’s Imp Form.
Side/Smash B- Twilight Tear - Midna stands with her back to the screen and her face to the side, she blinks and a bright tear of light comes from her right eye. If this tear touches anyone it instantly explodes in a flash of light sending the enemy flying
Up B- Warp- Midna twirls and disappears in bits of twilight. She reappears 20 feet away in any direction of the player’s choosing.
Air
Down B- Transform- Midna turns away and casts her robes away revealing her Imp Form, the robes disintegrate into twilight.
Side/Smash B- Same as ground except Midna only faces to the side while in the air and the tear moves down and away from Midna
Up B- Same as on ground

Taunt
Midna bends over and blows a kiss

“Super Smash”- Midna closes her eyes and a group of ten tears disperse from the lids. These tears then enter the abdomen of the target opponent and explode from the inside.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . I see no good reasons.
1. Wolf Link could eat up her moveset. They are a TEAM and she could very well hold most of the move-set if the divs want her to.
2. Bigger hitbox with no real increase in range (if your talking about character stats). Midna on wolf Link would be a pretty big character, especially that massive horizontal hitbox. I'm gunna guess DK or boozer sized. Not to mention they would be tall. Dude. . . have you paid ANY attention to the game? Midna and Wolf Link arnt even as tall as reg Link. If anything their horizontal hit box would only be slightly longer than other mid sized characters because their virtical would be pretty small seeing as from Wolf Link's paw to the top of her head is like up to Fox's eye level.
3. Midna is off of wolf Link every time she does something that's great, all she ever does while on him is make energy fields and use her giant hand. Like when? When she did that fused shadow thing? The only time she did jack w/o wolf Link is in the end when she used her fused shadow magic (so I guess you want fused shadow Midna in. . .)
4. We don't need two Links. Thats bull seeing as a) We had 2 Links in Melee so the divs must not agree with that statment and b) Because Wolf Link is to Link as a Wolf would be to you when it comes to body stucture. They are way too different to be lumped together and c) It would only really be 1 1/2 Links because Wolf Link work together with Midna as a team character.
5. Wolf Link wasn't a great character, Midna never actually needed the wolf version of Link. Like LinkwOOt said "She did need Wolf Link by the way, she was supposed to look for a Sacred Beast, not a green tunic wearing human. Wolf Link is the one who can fight in the Twilight". My up coming link will toch on that as well.

Midna would not have M2 stats because M2 was screwed by his huge size and slow speed. Midna would be much smaller and faster. Smaller? Yes, but faster. . . No. Don't feel like reposting the posted so here (the first post on this page)http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=77099&page=11
Come on with some more reason after you read that.

Malecden

Smash Rookie
For those of you who think midna could not work as a functional character, my moveset appears to prove you wrong. I'm Sorry for referencing my own achievements, but if I can make an effective looking moveset for midna in less than an hour don't you think the developers can too?

kaid

Smash Master
Midna (on wolf) moveset.

Announcer: "Winner is... Midna!"

<B: Wolflink howls, stunning those in front of him
^B: Midna jumps in a chosen direction, then wolflink leaps after her, like in the game.
B: Tentacles reach out from Midna's headdress, aimed like PK thunder.
Just like what she used against Zant.
Although they have a small range for a projectile, it's NOT a projectile. (will crack Fox's shine or Ness's absorber)
vB: Midna extends an energy field when heald. Charges for greater size, then attacks everything in the bubble.

jab: A basic "slash" in wolf form. combos like fox/falco's jab, without the rapidfire.
Ftilt: A leaping wolf lunge
uptilt: Midna's headdress sweeps backward
downtilt: Wolflink digs at the ground in front of him.
Dash a: Wolflink leaps foreward

Uair: Midna turns, looks up, and slashes with a twilight-charged arm
Fair: Midna raises her arms, charges a bolt of twilight energy, and with an evil grin, launches it down in front of her and Wolflink. (range like Mewtwo's disable)
Nair: Midna spins her arms, with zelda-esue sparkles, in Twilight colors.
Bair: Backkick as wolflink
Dair: Claw swipes

Usmash: Midna's headbutts with her crown.
Dsmash: Wolf Spinattack
Fsmash: Like the dash a, Wolflink leaps foreward, but with a small explosion as he lands. (Based off the second-to-last hidden skill as Normal link.) The explosion size depends on how much it was charged.

Grab: Midna reaches out with her headdress, and drags the opponent close. (Midna pulling Link into Twilight animation)
Grab a: Wolflink rips at the opponent.

Fthrow: Holding the opponent with the headdress, Midna charges a wave of twilight energy, then launches the opponent away with it.
Dthrow: Midna flicks them up in the air, then slams them to the ground.
Uthrow: A quick upward flick, that can immediately be comboed off of with a jump.
Bthrow: Midna twists the opponent to the side, then throws them back with a low trajectory.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Opinions? What should be clarified?

Stryks

Smash Hero
No offense malecden, but wouldnt like her to transform into The twilight princess, prefer good ol Riding on wolf links back Midna...

Malecden

Smash Rookie
No offense malecden, but wouldnt like her to transform into The twilight princess, prefer good ol Riding on wolf links back Midna...
Yeah I suppose that would also work, but isn't the thread about making a move set for Midna without wolf Link? But, I also think while Midna could be a strong character with wolf Link, I think it would be alot more fun to use Midna alone.

Top Bottom