• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Midna for Brawl thread. (Debate the Wolf here!)

Midna In Brawl?

• Only Midna in Brawl!

Votes: 277 30.8%
  • Midna and Wolflink in Brawl!

Votes: 398 44.3%
  • I don't want Midna in there, period!

Votes: 89 9.9%
  • Just give me Wolflink sans Midna!

Votes: 30 3.3%
  • I really couldn't care less.

Votes: 105 11.7%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

Maybe, but it woukld be difficult to see her without Wolf Link.

But nothing's impossible.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Kirby's supposed to be what, 8 inches tall? Who says they can't resize Midna as they see fit.

And think about Bowser. In SM64, he's frickin' GIGANTIC. Super Mario Bros? Slightly taller than Mario. SSBM? About a foot taller than Mario.

Size isn't an issue for Midna. She'd probably be Kirby or Pikachu's Height.

If she does transform into Princess Midna, then she'd probably Zelda's height.

But that's not necessary.
Imp Midna, Fighting alone is.

Black/Light

Smash Master
^^^. . . No one said she was too small, just that she should be with Wolf Link. It's the best choice of the 2 imo because it adds to her speed well keeping her from being lighter than a pokemon (shes small and flouts). Also, she is best known for being on his back add it only adds to her uniqueness.

And why would she
be able to transform into her true form and than into her imp form? She can't do that seeing as it was a curse by Ganon's Magic that then that to her. True form should be a different character all together well Imp form and Wolf Link are a transformation of Link imo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Black/Light here is my point I'll say it simple so it is way to understand.

Minda needed link to act her will in the Light world at the begining of the game and that is all, a way to obtain the dark shard armor that she could not get on her own in the light world.
After this is completed the goal becomes saving zelda/saving the twilight where agian wolf link plays almost no role and the normal link and the master sword (which only adult link can wield) are needed to traverse obstacles and obtain items and defeat Zant.
And even after this wolf link isn't needed even counting the single boos battle where being a wolf is nessesary , the battle with gannon, Minda does the work while link is in wolf form.
So yes she needed link, we can all agree on that, but from the begining she had no intention of using his wolf abilities... or she would have at least once somewhere in the game.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Black/Light here is my point I'll say it simple so it is way to understand.

Minda needed link to act her will in the Light world at the begining of the game and that is all, a way to obtain the dark shard armor that she could not get on her own in the light world.
After this is completed the goal becomes saving zelda/saving the twilight where agian wolf link plays almost no role and the normal link and the master sword (which only adult link can wield) are needed to traverse obstacles and obtain items and defeat Zant.
And even after this wolf link isn't needed even counting the single boos battle where being a wolf is nessesary , the battle with gannon, Minda does the work while link is in wolf form.
So yes she needed link, we can all agree on that, but from the begining she had no intention of using his wolf abilities... or she would have at least once somewhere in the game.
So your point is that even thou Midna (in Imp form) has always been and still is known for being together with Link (in Wolf form) she should be by her self because "She can do w/e Wolf Link can do"? Am I right? You are saying that it doesn't matter that the only time she every (in gameplay) did ANYTHING to help move around or fight (as in not just talked) it was always in team work with Wolf Link? You are saying "throw out their official art work, she should be by her self even thou Nintendo always shows Midna and Wolf Link together as a team ( as seen in their official art work and in the game's booket)"? So you are saying "Screw the team work that would be a first timer for SSB, Midna on her own is much better than the unique and new team move-set a 4 legged character with her on his back would have". . .

Well, Im sure glad your not making this game (^_^).

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
So your point is that even thou Midna (in Imp form) has always been and still is known for being together with Link (in Wolf form) she should be by her self because "She can do w/e Wolf Link can do"? Am I right? You are saying that it doesn't matter that the only time she every (in gameplay) did ANYTHING to help move around or fight (as in not just talked) it was always in team work with Wolf Link? You are saying "throw out their official art work, she should be by her self even thou Nintendo always shows Midna and Wolf Link together as a team ( as seen in their official art work and in the game's booket)"? So you are saying "Screw the team work that would be a first timer for SSB, Midna on her own is much better than the unique and new team move-set a 4 legged character with her on his back would have". . .

I agree with Midna having Wolf Link if she got in, but the Ice Climbers are a team so it isn't the first for SSB.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
But Midna doesn't mimic Link's motions when he fights in wolf form. The premise of the Ice Climbers was that you had two people, that you were controller the leader and a computer copied you right along side you and sometimes could act independently. Midna and Link's moves would be divided between them. So, in essence, it'd be one fighter that was made of two characters.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Yea, I could see that point of view, but I still see the ICs as using Team work. I mean just because they do the same thing, doesn't mean they aren't a team. The fact that they both use moves would be great, but like i said i don't think it would be a first. Toad is a character and he is used with Peach. You could call that team work to a degree... though that is probably a bad example, because that's one move.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Having Midna fight alone or have
Midna's true form
appear in SSBB is a stupid idea. She fights from Link's back 99% of the time, and while it's pretty obvious that she's powerful enough to thrive in the light world after the encounter with Zant, she isn't a triforce holder and can't wield the Master-Sword (therefore, needing Link).
What good is it having a character in a form that you only see in the a few cutscenes? Even worse, a character that only appears in the credits. At this point, you're thinking "But what about Zamus?". Zamus is a staple of the Metroid series. In all the classic Metroid games, beating the game 100% unveils Zamus. The difference? While Zamus is a well known part of the Metroid series, Midna fighting alone and her
Twilight Princess
form are the shiny story-fulfilling frosting on the Zelda cake. So if you're going to put Midna in the game, isn't it obvious that the way to do so is to put her in in the way in which she appeared most often, especially when the ending-bits aren't living up to any tradition of the series?

Black/Light

Smash Master
Midna
fighting alone in her Twilight Princess form are the shiny story-fulfilling frosting on the Zelda cake.[/
Not really.
Thats what the whole game is about (As in, Link helping Midna to over throw Zant and restore everything (including Midna's true form) back to normal).
I wouldn't put it past Sarukai to put her in as a Wolf Link and Midna team
and her true form as a stand alone
seeing how much of an impact Nintendo got and has always expected from TP.

And I wish people would stop trying to put soo much meaning into things. The only reason we got for Zero suit being added is because Sarukai wanted to add in more females (Never did he go around yelling " because you have to do w/e to get Zero suit in MP games therefore she is important"). MK got in because he wanted more of his own characters in this game. Doc got in the last one because he liked a song from his game or w/e, NOT because he reps tactars (sp) or w/e meaning people try to put behind it
People, we have no clue just how the divs choose characters so we can't go around saying this or that as if we know it for fact (meaning, it comes from the divs).

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
So your point is that even thou Midna (in Imp form) has always been and still is known for being together with Link (in Wolf form) she should be by her self because "She can do w/e Wolf Link can do"? Am I right?
Correct.
You are saying that it doesn't matter that the only time she every (in gameplay) did ANYTHING to help move around or fight (as in not just talked) it was always in team work with Wolf Link?
Correct again
You are saying "throw out their official art work, she should be by her self even thou Nintendo always shows Midna and Wolf Link together as a team ( as seen in their official art work and in the game's booket)"?
Your kidding here I'm assuming. skipped~
So you are saying "Screw the team work that would be a first timer for SSB, Midna on her own is much better than the unique and new team move-set a 4 legged character with her on his back would have". . .
Yep, correct again.

Me too.

This "oh she is on a wolf in her game" argument is dumb. Fox McCloud is in a plane, Captian falcon is in a F-zero machine, In Ice climbers you control one climber not the pair. Little thngs like that have been broken already for smash.

My problem is you don't need to create bad game related arguments as to why something can't be in order to try and prove your point. If you want them in the game you can just say "I thnk they'd be cool in the game", at least then all I could do is disagree and not prove you wrong.

Also, ZS Samus wasn't just simply picked up out of the blue because she is a female, there are greater reasons behind it or he could have just grabbed anyone from the nintendo universe. ZS Samus is a reconizable and popular character, I don't know why you are trying to pretend she isn't.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Your kidding here I'm assuming. skipped~
Well it's true. . . *Looks at the TP booklet where they show Zelda/ Link on horse back/ Wolf Link with Midna on back/
Midna's true form
.*
*Than looks at their official art work http://www.zeldatp.com/images/artworks/Link_loup_Midna.jpg *

Thats good :)
This "oh she is on a wolf in her game" argument is dumb. Fox McCloud is in a plane, Captian falcon is in a F-zero machine, In Ice climbers you control one climber not the pair. Little thngs like that have been broken already for smash.
. . . .So? Your point being what, that some characters where in high powered jets and others not a team? That doesn't tie in with these very well. . . .

My problem is you don't need to create bad game related arguments as to why something can't be in order to try and prove your point. If you want them in the game you can just say "I thnk they'd be cool in the game", at least then all I could do is disagree and not prove you wrong.
What? What " bad game related arguements"? Your the one trying to dig into the whole " Midna can do anything Wolf link can in TP there for wolf link is not needed for brawl" or w/e you where going on about. You where the one trying so hard to show that she doesn't need him in brawl even if, by logic, people would think they would come together.

And Im not trying to agrue that something can't be, I really don't know what you keep going on about. I thought our lil arguement was just a missunderstanding of one of my post. . . .(I guess not. . .:ohwell: )

Also, ZS Samus wasn't just simply picked up out of the blue because she is a female, there are greater reasons behind it or he could have just grabbed anyone from the nintendo universe. ZS Samus is a reconizable and popular character, I don't know why you are trying to pretend she isn't.
Reconizable and popular? Maybe with those who play MP but for many smash fans (my self included ) she was a complete shock and a unknown that no one expected. I remember everyone on the Nsider going " wow, where did Zero suit come from?". I had never known of her before I saw her on the trailer (H^^^, I almost thought she was a brand new character).

And the point of me saying that Sakurai picked her because she was a female is that thats ALL we know when it comes to why she was picked. Heres a example, my name was given to me by my dad because he had a dream about it. What else can you tell me about why I got my name from that lil bit of information? You can make something up but you don't know for sure (just like with Sarukai and why he choses some characters over others).
Sarukai could have just said " Humm, need more female characters. . . .wait! Zero! The prefect chance to make up a unique character with a unique weapon (things he says he looks for in characters for brawl)". You don't know so it's useless to make up lil rules and facts about his choices when he releases such lil information about why he picks them.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Well it's true. . . *Looks at the TP booklet where they show Zelda/ Link on horse back/ Wolf Link with Midna on back/
Midna's true form
.*
*Than looks at their official art work http://www.zeldatp.com/images/artworks/Link_loup_Midna.jpg *
Very rarely does one game take concept art from another, that is why assumed you were joking. Your saying "because they all ready drew minda on wolf link" was such a silly reason I passes it off as sarcasm. If you are being serious then there is really no point in argueing with you further.

. . . .So? Your point being what.
My point: Simply because a character is attached to another character or item doesn't mean they need to appear with them in brawl.

What? What " bad game related arguements"? Your the one trying to dig into the whole " Midna can do anything Wolf link can in TP there for wolf link is not needed for brawl" or w/e you where going on about. You where the one trying so hard to show that she doesn't need him in brawl even if, by logic, people would think they would come together.
My point: Your argument that Minda needed wolf link and that is why she had to be with him in brawl was false.

And Im not trying to agrue that something can't be...
Well, then maybe I did mis understand you.

Reconizable and popular? Maybe with those who play MP but for many smash fans (my self included ) she was a complete shock and a unknown that no one expected. I remember everyone on the Nsider going " wow, where did Zero suit come from?". I had never known of her before I saw her on the trailer (H^^^, I almost thought she was a brand new character).
I guess I'm an old school guy. Watching people pull together and sort of resurect characters long forgotten from nintendo's past gve them movesets explain their story and history etc. got me thinking most people were nintendo fans before they were smash brothers fans. This assumpton I'm now realizing is wrong.
However, my point was:
An Unmasked samus has been a staple of every one of the eight plus metroid games, so for fans of the serise seeing ZS samus was a big thing, not just "Ooo... a girl character I've never heard of" but nstead probablly a larger reaction than any other female character could have gotten since she is one of the first and argueably most famous.

Yeah I'm done arguing with ya, I'm not in the mood of arguing just for the sake of it.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Very rarely does one game take concept art from another, that is why assumed you were joking. Your saying "because they all ready drew minda on wolf link" was such a silly reason I passes it off as sarcasm. If you are being serious then there is really no point in argueing with you further.
Oh, soo it's ok for you to dive head first into Midna not needing Wolf Link in their respective game or w/e yet official Nintendo art work for their game that shows them together means nothing, even after we see proof that SSBB seems to be using TP for their Zelda characters looks? Ok, I guess its coo to pick and choose what we see as proof. (My "proof" only proving that they are allways together in art-work for their game)

My point: Simply because a character is attached to another character or item doesn't mean they need to appear with them in brawl.
. . . Thats odd, none of your examples where connected to characters, just items. ( The IC where some odd reverse).

My point: Your argument that Minda needed wolf link and that is why she had to be with him in brawl was false.
What arguement? From what I can understand we "argued" about if Midna needed Link's help in TP (oddly enuff, we both agreed she did but you seem to place wolf Link and Link in different places well I just see them both as Link which caused a missunderstanding). That whole last statement about the art-work was the end of w/e arguement we where having. . . at least I thought so.

Well, then maybe I did mis understand you.
Im pretty sure you did. .

I guess I'm an old school guy. Watching people pull together and sort of resurect characters long forgotten from nintendo's past gve them movesets explain their story and history etc. got me thinking most people were nintendo fans before they were smash brothers fans. This assumpton I'm now realizing is wrong.
However, my point was:
An Unmasked samus has been a staple of every one of the eight plus metroid games, so for fans of the serise seeing ZS samus was a big thing, not just "Ooo... a girl character I've never heard of" but nstead probablly a larger reaction than any other female character could have gotten since she is one of the first and argueably most famous.
Wow. . .well for someone soo famous I sure saw (and still see) alot of over shadowing by Pitt and MK in trailer talk. . .* feels alil sorry for Zero*

Yeah I'm done arguing with ya, I'm not in the mood of arguing just for the sake of it.
Good because I have no idea why we where still replying after the "understanding" post of yours I replyed to. (Art-work comment one)

And for the record, I have always been a Nintendo fan (from the NES to my brand new Wii). I just have never liked or cared enuff for MP to play or learn about it's characters.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Whether Midna needs Link or Wolf Link is irrelevant: Midna is almost always seen riding Wolf Link, and therefore, that's how she will appear in Smash.

The reason Fox isn't riding the Arwing in Smash is because there is no viable moveset. The same goes for C. Falcon: There's no viable moveset that would allow a hand-to-hand fighting game use a large vehicle. You deserve to be castrated just for bringing up this point in your argument: It's just that f*cking stupid.

The Ice Climbers are paired because it's more innovative and has a cooler play style. Now, be honest, is having yet another singular character using projectiles, throws, etc., etc., etc. going to be more or less fun? It's going to be less. Now, if you were Sakurai, and you had to make this decision, you'd put in Wolf Link paired with Midna because it's more fun, has a more original moveset, and is different. Yes, Midna is new, but her magic isn't all that original when it comes down to it. (Don't get me wrong, her personality and general character in TP is amazing).

And finally, the irrelevant point on ZS Samus: She's in the game because
-Smash needs more girls.
-She's a well-known staple of the Metroid series.
-She has a viable and different moveset (Ok, so it's probably Shiek with a gun, but that says more about Shiek than it does about Zamus).

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ya know, after beating TP,
I almost don't want Midna in SSBB, if only for sentimental reasons. I mean, her leaving and never being seen again is a big part of the story and, well, I don't know if it'd feel right...
If she does make it though, I do think she'd be with Link as a wolf, simply 'cause it sounds like fun. Also,
for her super smash, she should transform, cry one of her tears, and push it towards her enemy who would then receive shield break status.
But, Midna would definately fit.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Barely played much (so much effing school work!), but throwing would be sweet. Like the
Kakariko Village bridge
thing was so neat (haha obviously not far, but whatever). I'm pumped. Midna for Brawl fo realz. =)

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Okay, okay. Before I get into anything, I agree with Stryks on the super move and I want to give everyone who is using spoiler tags and highlighter curtains kudos. Spoilers are something everyone should frown upon, especially with such a great game.

Next, what are we dealing with? I was trying to summerize what I hadn't read into as few posts as possible. We are mainly argueing, as fans, wether or not Midna should stand alone or ride Wolf Link? Well, I'm not going to make an arguement on that until I know the current status of the debate, however, my opinion is stand alone until someone convinces me otherwise, but here is a few ideas for you Midna supporters to consider:

Seeings how quite a few people are focused on the unique moveset a four legged character could bring, what about just having Link transform into Wolf Link as a down B or something?

Or, in addition to that, when he transforms he gains Midna (As Midna hides in his shadow in human form and rides him in wolf form).

Though, when I reflect upon it, I guess I wouldn't mind either Midna stand alone or on Wolf Link, but Midna is such an important character that I think she deserves her own spotlight. Also, can someone tell me how to do the highlighter curtains so I can talk about spoilers? Yay for me beating the game ^_^

Devastlian

Smash Lord
You put
[?SPOILER], but with / instead of ?, around what you want to hide.

Link transforming into his wolf form as one of his moves doesn't really excite me. And I was just trying to come up with a super move that wasn't just some big, elaborate attack or buffing up. ; ;

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
Midna without Wolf link would be like Mario without fireballs, or Link without the master Sword. Simply wrong. Sure she can be on her own, but it destroys the spirit of the character, and I adore midna as a character. Not to mention her giggling from my wiimote makes me happy, so if she's in smash and giggles I'll be very happy. Especially if one of her finishes is her giggling.

Honestly i haven't played Pokemon in years(view the below typo, However I worked/schooled from 9 am to 10:30 pm, and drove through the snow-hell that is wisconsin in the winter.

Skler

Smash Master
Midna without wolf Link would be like...Link without Epona. It's not like she is fused to wolf Link or anything. She just doesn't like walking (or hovering) a lot. She can do every attack needed for brawl without Link and pretty much rules. Making her not ride on wolf Link doesn't destroy the character, it shows that she is strong enough to be on her own (and anybody who plays the game knows that). She has to leave wolf Link to do anything cool anyways, all she does while on him is pretty much use the hand.

DarkerCompanion

Smash Cadet
Midna is quite self sufficient to be in Brawl on her own. I think that, not only is it not necessary to make her ride wolf Link, but it would make her less fun to play. I don't want to play as Link with Midna on his back. I want to play as Midna. I can already play as Link.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Okay, okay. Before I get into anything, I agree with Stryks on the super move and I want to give everyone who is using spoiler tags and highlighter curtains kudos. Spoilers are something everyone should frown upon, especially with such a great game.

Next, what are we dealing with? I was trying to summerize what I hadn't read into as few posts as possible. We are mainly argueing, as fans, wether or not Midna should stand alone or ride Wolf Link? Well, I'm not going to make an arguement on that until I know the current status of the debate, however, my opinion is stand alone until someone convinces me otherwise, but here is a few ideas for you Midna supporters to consider:

Seeings how quite a few people are focused on the unique moveset a four legged character could bring, what about just having Link transform into Wolf Link as a down B or something?

Or, in addition to that, when he transforms he gains Midna (As Midna hides in his shadow in human form and rides him in wolf form).

Though, when I reflect upon it, I guess I wouldn't mind either Midna stand alone or on Wolf Link, but Midna is such an important character that I think she deserves her own spotlight. Also, can someone tell me how to do the highlighter curtains so I can talk about spoilers? Yay for me beating the game ^_^
Have we seen link use his bombs and stuff in the trailer? If he hasn't it is possible he could transform. Also there is a button above the text area on the bottom row all the way to the right. It puts the spoiler tag around highlighted text.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Thank you for explaining the spoiler tags. And yes, I think it is still possible for Link himself to be able to transform, but somehow I think it is unlikely. Just throwing ideas out there.

Also, I agree with two people who previously posted 100%. Link is to Epona as Midna is to Wolf Link. They aren't inseperable and can be self sufficient on thier own, but they do go hand in hand in a sense and are a good duo.

Though, I really agree with what the guy with the V avatar said. I can already play as Link, I'd rather play as Midna.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
You know, the more I think about it, the more sense it makes to put her in on Wolf Link...

I'm not saying I don't want her in solo (because I do)...but it just makes a lot of sense to put her in on Wolf Link.

Plus it would be interesting to pay a four-legged character.

Either way, I'm happy...

Stryks

Smash Hero
I havent decided on how midna should be in brawl, either by herself or on top of wolf link... by herself seems more natural, i mean shell throw punches, grab guys with her arm-hair thing, and her super being the one i mentioned on post 98, tough WITH wolf link a far easier moveset can be made, the energy field would be one, and the bite attacks link does, were he propels on the oponent, stays on him and gives multiple bites... so im 50/50...

Skler

Smash Master
Midna uses so much fancy magic that adding wolf Link would take away from the character. She can do a ton, adding wolf Link would just make her able to do less.

DarkerCompanion

Smash Cadet
Thats kind of how I feel about it. I would rather see Midna's abilities expanded upon and worked with than to have half of them end up being attacks from Wolf Link. Midna could have a strong assortment of magical attacks, I would rather not see most of them end up as biting melee attacks.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Agreed. Midna has lots of potential. Obviously her pony tail that can transform into an arm
and other things like a spike
, but beyond that she has a huge magical potential.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
I just thought of something, yet another reason as to why Midna needs to fight alone. If she is given moves in SSBB, chances are, if she's brought back in future Zelda games (I hope) she'll be able to use those moves in the Zelda series. Think about it. Falcon was given the Falcon Punch? It was used in the Anime and in one of the GBA games.

But the best evidence?
Ganondorf was given the Warlock punch in SSBM. In the cinema where he breaks free from the chains, he hits one of the sages with a warlock punch, therefore making the move canon.

The same could easily be done for Midna.

Black/Light

Smash Master
^^^Why would she HAVE to be alone for that to happen? From what we can see she can do great things with her hair hand/ arm like make it huge and grab stuff or
turn it into spike things
. But when it comes to magic the only thing we saw her do was the "target everyone with in the given area" attack (
but that hair spike attack was also magic too
).
They could easyly just give Wolf Link a few simple attacks, have a few where they directly work together (^B, Midna flys to place and Wolf Link jumps there.) and give her the rest of the move-set for w/e made up attacks they make for her (like a projectile B/ a >B where she throws out a beam of magic that goes about mid-rang where, like in the game, Wolf Link leaps forward and attacks but kind of fast like Fox's B>/ Maybe even a reflecter counter using her magic).

But I think that their grab would be cool if Wolf Link did his grab on attack and they took turns hitting (but Midna does all the throwing).

I have to also say. . . .I KNEW this would happen! Before, when this thread was started, it had like only 3 pages but as soon as the game came out BAM. It jumped up and people stopped the whole " There can't be a 4 legged character in a fighting game/ she isn't important enuff/ don't transform Link!!" crap (check the first 3 pages, Im sure I had a rant about how Wolf Link could work).

The only problem now is that some people don't want her to share her move-set with Link.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
^^^Why would she HAVE to be alone for that to happen? From what we can see she can do great things with her hair hand/ arm like make it huge and grab stuff or
turn it into spike things
. But when it comes to magic the only thing we saw her do was the "target everyone with in the given area" attack (
but that hair spike attack was also magic too
).
They could easyly just give Wolf Link a few simple attacks, have a few where they directly work together (^B, Midna flys to place and Wolf Link jumps there.) and give her the rest of the move-set for w/e made up attacks they make for her (like a projectile B/ a >B where she throws out a beam of magic that goes about mid-rang where, like in the game, Wolf Link leaps forward and attacks but kind of fast like Fox's B>/ Maybe even a reflecter counter using her magic).

But I think that their grab would be cool if Wolf Link did his grab on attack and they took turns hitting (but Midna does all the throwing).

I have to also say. . . .I KNEW this would happen! Before, when this thread was started, it had like only 3 pages but as soon as the game came out BAM. It jumped up and people stopped the whole " There can't be a 4 legged character in a fighting game/ she isn't important enuff/ don't transform Link!!" crap (check the first 3 pages, Im sure I had a rant about how Wolf Link could work).

The only problem now is that some people don't want her to share her move-set with Link.
It's not that I'm against Wolf Link. I'm sure he would make a fine character, and there are several things 4 legged characters could do. But that's not my point. The reason I want Midna to fight alone, is because I don't want her relying on another character in Brawl. If she fights with Wolf Link, then it's not really Midna as a character. It's Midna AND wolf Link.

It'd be like putting Mario in the game but he'd have to be on Yoshi the whole time.

I want to see Midna fight using her own twilight abilities without help from anyone else. But more than anything else, I want to PLAY as Midna, and not feel like I'm just playing as Wolf Link with a helper on his back.

Black/Light

Smash Master
It's not that I'm against Wolf Link. I'm sure he would make a fine character, and there are several things 4 legged characters could do. But that's not my point. The reason I want Midna to fight alone, is because I don't want her relying on another character in Brawl. If she fights with Wolf Link, then it's not really Midna as a character. It's Midna AND wolf Link.

It'd be like putting Mario in the game but he'd have to be on Yoshi the whole time.

I want to see Midna fight using her own twilight abilities without help from anyone else. But more than anything else, I want to PLAY as Midna, and not feel like I'm just playing as Wolf Link with a helper on his back.
I see where your coming from and I can see how one would think that that might happen. But if you try to chop up the moves than you will see that Midna could very well have over half the move-set revol around her and her magic.

Like this. . .
vA could be Wolf Link doing a tail spin attack (the spin attack in TP)
^A could be Midna doing a upward back handed slap with her hair hand.
(That could be tha pattern for the A moves. Just give Link the simple lil attacks and a few simple attacks for Midna)
The air and B moves could be almost all Midna using her magic/ hair with 1 or 2 Wolf Link team work attacks. So she could give up like 30% of her possible moves to get the speed ( M2 kind of shows how they would treat a floater in speed) and heavyness (*looks at M2 being light and adds that to Midna's small size*) of Wolf Link.

Sounds like a good duel to me. And Im starting to think (and hope) that
Midna with Link is one character with her true form as a transformation. That why we get brand new attacks for Midna all around and seeing as she is no longer in Imp form at the end of TP any other game she would be in would use the humanoid form and not the Imp.

D

Deleted member

Man, I'm jealous at how much attention this thread is getting all of a sudden, but in a good way ;).

Interesting idea, as a mage. But it would be very weird, considering Minda is most often seen with Wolf Link. I'm not saying its impossible, but its unlikely we'll see her as a stand-alone character.

She's better recognised as the small imp-thing anyway.

WR3K

Smash Ace
think of how they would actually make that work, can you see midna sprinting across the screen with her frail legs? NO

thats why she drafted link with her...

together they make an awesome addition, idk what anyone is thinking when they just want midna...... where in the game does midna bounce around by herself

Stryks

Smash Hero
But the best evidence?
Ganondorf was given the Warlock punch in SSBM. In the cinema where he breaks free from the chains, he hits one of the sages with a warlock punch, therefore making the move canon.

The same could easily be done for Midna.
Man i totally **** myself when i saw that I rapidly tought
WARLOCK PUNCH OMG WTF?! BBQ!!1!

Top Bottom