• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Midna for Brawl thread. (Debate the Wolf here!)

Midna In Brawl?

• Only Midna in Brawl!

Votes: 277 30.8%
  • Midna and Wolflink in Brawl!

Votes: 398 44.3%
  • I don't want Midna in there, period!

Votes: 89 9.9%
  • Just give me Wolflink sans Midna!

Votes: 30 3.3%
  • I really couldn't care less.

Votes: 105 11.7%

• Total voters

kaid

Smash Master

As those of us with a Wii can tell you, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is quite literally the best Zelda game ever. And the single most important character in the game, short of Link himself, is Midna, an imp with magical powers from the Twilight Realm who is, at least at the beginning, using Link for her own ends.

The major gameplay mechanics that involve Midna has her either hiding in Link's shadow, or riding on his back when Link transforms into a wolf. Like Kazooie to Banjo, she is the source of most of "your" abilities while in this form, but by herself, she would not be as canon a character.

As a 4-legged character, Wolf Link adds a new style of play to Smash, and Midna gives him more moves than the monotonis basic attacks. Using her headdress as a massive hand, Midna covers about half the A moves for this character, and most of the B moves.

Stryks

Smash Hero
yeah maybe, but id like to see midna by herself, cause it gonna look weird the jumping, the up b and other if shes ridin the wolf, she could be light, fast and semi-powerful, im guessing.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Midna would be cool, but I'd like to see them exhaust other ideas first :laugh: I mean, it's cool to see Midna, or Midna on Wolf Link's back, but I don't know if that completely beats out other character ideas, or even other Zelda character ideas.

Black/Light

Smash Master
YES, Midna with Wolf Link is the ONLY Zelda character I want added (Don't care if they put in anyone else). And if they take out Y. Link then Wolf Link/ Midna would only make 2 Links in the game, which is alright seeing that they would be completely different and not clones.

Im all for this (^_^).

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I can't say I like this idea before I know about Midna's personality.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Bleh, personality has nothing to do with Smash Bros. I'm waiting until I see her in action first before judging.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Kal aMari said:
Bleh, personality has nothing to do with Smash Bros. I'm waiting until I see her in action first before judging.

Thats what Im trying to find out. Why do people think that personality should be something to judge a character suggusted for this game?

But Im pretty sure that, because of Wolf Link's role in the TR, we can expect a great move-set in TP (She is there for a reason). But anyway they can give the divs alot of room to make a unique move-set given that their a 2 member team were ones a fast wolf and the others a magical cat that sits on the others back.

D

Deleted member

Thats interesting. But Wolf Link has to be his own seperate character, no more Shiekism. I need to play TP to find out more about her though.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i would really like to see a wolf link and midna pair, because it makes the moveset a lot easier to make, in my opinion. with a attacks cenering around the wolf and specials with midna, and her huge arm like thing on her head could be used for grabs.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
Ryu777 said:
Vaati first, if theres room add Midna on Wolf Link's back, Midna is the second best choice.
yes, i agree
Paranoid_Android said:
I like the idea, but we don't know very much about her yet. I wonder what her TP moveset will be.
exaclty we have no idea wat she would be like
colbusman said:
i would really like to see a wolf link and midna pair, because it makes the moveset a lot easier to make, in my opinion. with a attacks cenering around the wolf and specials with midna, and her huge arm like thing on her head could be used for grabs.
yes that does sound fun i guess i wouldnt mind her in
BUT i rather have vaati and majora's mask before this person. besides nintendo said they will put some characters from the wii so we may get a awesome TP character that we dont know about yet in conclusion, i am not against it, but there r WAY more zelda characters that id prefer then her (not that im saying i want a bunch of zelda characters)

kaid

Smash Master
When I made this topic, I intended "Midna" to appear on the character select screen, and come with wolf free of charge.

as for an "awsome, new character we havn't heard of," Midna is a major gameplay change that affects about half of the game. That puts her in Link/Zelda/Gannondorf status. (Then there's the rumors that Midna IS Zelda, just like Tetra and Shiek were... but let's not go there.

Black/Light

Smash Master
^ I would think that they would come together anyway. . . without one name. Like it would say " Wolf Link and Midna" or " Midna and Wolf Link". Thats what the whole point to having Link transform in TP is. . . to lean how to use them together. So just as she is important Wolf Link is too.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
yes yes yes. this is a really good idea. wolf and minda would be so fun too play. With TP coming ouy we can expect many combos that could be implamented to the game like the stun move.

Specs

Smash Cadet
WARNING, SPOILERS AHEAD:

From what I've heard...
Midna is Link's shadow. Meaning that without Link being in the "Shadow World", Midna is nothing but a black spot on the ground at Link's feet.

This isn't completely confirmed, but my sources are generally reliable.
Point being....Midna needs Wolf Link as much as Wolf Link needs Midna.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Midna isn't actually Link's shadow, at least not ofiicially. She transforms in Hyrule the same way Link does in the Twilight Realm, although we don't know into what yet. Yeah, she's seen coming out of Link's shadow, but that doesn't mean that she is Link's shadow.

Also, here's a pic of Midna using some sort of magic attack. I'm not quite sure what it is or what it does, but it's something:

BTW, has anyone else noticed that parts of Midna's headdress resmble Majora's Mask?

Black/Light

Smash Master
She is not Link's "shadow" she just goes into his shadow in the reg world and she is seen with reg Link in the Reg world. She comes out and goes into the "helper role" same as the fairies from the other games.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
I think she mite come out of the shadow beause she has to be with darkness. So thats why she comes out of the shadow in my opinion. I think she can only be in light for a short period.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
EXTREME SPOILER:

If they put Midna in as her own character, couldn't she transform between her little self and her Twilight Princess self? It would give her two movesets, and two very different sizes, something unseen in Smash Bros. so far.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I have taken away my blessings on this thread. I hope you all die.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
I like the wolf idea with or without Midna (With is better) a non humanoid charecter would mix it up a bit. Id want a seperate charecter rather than a transformation. Plus wolves are like the most bad*** animals ever, they can eat you ten times before you even know it.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Midna is freaking awesome. Like... my goodness. Midna is made of win and awesome, just like Twilight Princess.

I'm just after the Temple of Time (5th Dungeon) and I've long since declared Twilight Princess my favorite game of all time. Midna is definitely a self dignified character with wonderful potential. I'll choke a ***** if Nintendo doesn't put her in Brawl.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Midna is freaking awesome. Like... my goodness. Midna is made of win and awesome, just like Twilight Princess.

I'm just after the Temple of Time (5th Dungeon) and I've long since declared Twilight Princess my favorite game of all time. Midna is definitely a self dignified character with wonderful potential. I'll choke a ***** if Nintendo doesn't put her in Brawl.

Is Kashakunaki gonna have to choke a *****?

Seriously though, Midna is that awesome. Not only does she have a storyline all her own, she has depth. I love the fact that at the beginning of TP, she's this annoying little brat seemingly hell bent on tormenting Link throughout his entire adventure, and as the game progresses, she gets more and more friendly with Link, and a lot more heroic. She's not static throughout the entire game, and develops a personaility all her own.

Navi couldn't do that.

That's why Midna should not only be put in brawl, but future Zelda games as well. She's so awesome.

She should kill Tingle. She could if she wanted to.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Seriously though, Midna is that awesome. Not only does she have a storyline all her own, she has depth. I love the fact that at the beginning of TP, she's this annoying little brat seemingly hell bent on tormenting Link throughout his entire adventure, and as the game progresses, she gets more and more friendly with Link, and a lot more heroic. She's not static throughout the entire game, and develops a personaility all her own.

That's why Midna should not only be put in brawl, but future Zelda games as well. She's so awesome.

She should kill Tingle. She could if she wanted to.
This one speaks the Truth!

Black/Light

Smash Master
Well, on the subject of Wolf Link and Midna, I just beat TP and I have to say. . . I no longer know where I stand on them.
Yeah, I want them both in but I also think that Midna's "true" form should be a character (not going to say any more about that incase I spoil it for someone).

It's very. . .vexing. If you beat the gama than you would know that she is VERY important to TP and VERY powerful so it's a no brainer that she should rep TP in some why in brawl by being a character. I just don't know how.

Maybe her true form could be a complete character by her self and her Imp form could be a Minda+Wolf Link transformation for Link (which doesn't have to take alway a move. It could be a 2nd taunt.) .

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Use spoiler tags

I want minda to be her own character, wolf link is neat and all, but he just doesn't hold weight with me, he is just a small portion of link and nothing really more both story wise, gameplay wise and character wise. Minda deserves her own slot and spotlight she should have to share any with link.

Top Bottom