• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I definitely think Dixie Kong deserves to be in Smash 4, but the fact is that K. Rool is in a tier all his own in terms of requests.

However, there is no denying that in terms of iconic true newcomers Dixie Kong is among the handful of true newcomers left with starpower (the only other ones I would say would be Ridley, K. Rool, Isaac, and Toad).

There is a very easy alternative route for Dixie fans to pursue. Although Dixie fans don't quite have the resources that K. Rool ones do, there is still quite a few passionate Dixie fans.

There are still two slots left to be determined in Project M. The fact is that Project M is suffering right now from being under the shadow of Smash 4. The only way I can see Project M regaining some spotlight is by adding in some characters that have a lot of clout to their name.

Ridley of course would be one of these two, but I increasingly believe that the other one should be Dixie Kong.

With a playable Dixie Kong in Project M, I feel that it would be the catapult to which would propel Dixie into becoming among the Top 3 most wanted newcomers in Smash 5.

We might even be able to work with K. Rool fans on this endeavor. What are your thoughts?
I would still talk about this after the results of the Ballot, and if they WON'T feature Dixie as the chosen fighters. K.Rool is really popular indeed, but it's not a guarantee to make us reconsider P:M-slots instead (which might never happen, actually)

Crabman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pipopolus
Look at this, guys: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...m4/pubchart?oid=1981029313&format=interactive

Now Dixie is on the 4th page. Lower than before....

I'm gonna cry so hard right now.
That's just a poll from members of the smash bros subreddit, I'm a member there but I didn't bother voting.

As far as voting for dixie in the ballot goes I would be extremely surprised if they let you vote as many times as you want from the same IP address. My advice would be to get as many people as you can family, friends, etc to vote for her our just use their computers / phones and do it yourself. And assuming they don't use the routers IP we can vote on as many different devices as we can.

I really feel like this could be Dixie's last chance to get into smash so I feel like we should all try to get as many votes as we can, remember, every vote counts!

cybersai

Smash Ace
I doubt its Dixie's "last" chance. She could still easily get into Smash 5 or beyond.

Most of the "big" Nintendo mascots are in the game already, so they're already moving on to the second and third string characters. Dixie is one of Nintendo's last big mascots from the 90's, but King K. Rool is more popular at the moment.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
I really feel like this could be Dixie's last chance to get into smash so I feel like we should all try to get as many votes as we can, remember, every vote counts!
When I get this moveset completely drawn out and the all the animations on how the moves will look and put them into a "Dixie's potential and why she is Unique" campaign video does anyone here have a large tumbler or twitter following that could possibly repost to spread the word? I have about 200 watchers on DA im not really active elsewhere.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I would still talk about this after the results of the Ballot, and if they WON'T feature Dixie as the chosen fighters. K.Rool is really popular indeed, but it's not a guarantee to make us reconsider P:M-slots instead (which might never happen, actually)
The reason I bring this up is because this would be time sensitive. By the time we know what characters were selected for DLC (likely 2016), the last two slots for Project M will already have been decided. This may sound like surrendering, but its actually hedging our bets.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I definitely think Dixie Kong deserves to be in Smash 4, but the fact is that K. Rool is in a tier all his own in terms of requests.

However, there is no denying that in terms of iconic true newcomers Dixie Kong is among the handful of true newcomers left with starpower (the only other ones I would say would be Ridley, K. Rool, Isaac, and Toad).

There is a very easy alternative route for Dixie fans to pursue. Although Dixie fans don't quite have the resources that K. Rool ones do, there is still quite a few passionate Dixie fans.

There are still two slots left to be determined in Project M. The fact is that Project M is suffering right now from being under the shadow of Smash 4. The only way I can see Project M regaining some spotlight is by adding in some characters that have a lot of clout to their name.

Ridley of course would be one of these two, but I increasingly believe that the other one should be Dixie Kong.

With a playable Dixie Kong in Project M, I feel that it would be the catapult to which would propel Dixie into becoming among the Top 3 most wanted newcomers in Smash 5.

We might even be able to work with K. Rool fans on this endeavor. What are your thoughts?
I have a hard time believing Isaac has star power... considering Golden Sun isn't even one of Nintendo's top franchises like Metroid, Donkey Kong, and especially Mario. The Golden Sun fanbase is very small but loud and dedicated, I will give them that.

What resources do the K. Rool fans have that the Dixie fans lack?

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
I have a hard time believing Isaac has star power... considering Golden Sun isn't even one of Nintendo's top franchises like Metroid, Donkey Kong, and especially Mario. The Golden Sun fanbase is very small but loud and dedicated, I will give them that.

What resources do the K. Rool fans have that the Dixie fans lack?
Looking through a lot of K Rool threads and also people on 4chan are starting to call them out on this as well is them convincing everybody/neutering the idea that Dixie would be a Diddy clone or the move set would not be as original.
I'm not trying to FORCE people to vote Dixie but I would like for people to stop voting K Rool AS A RESULT of ignorant info people spread about Dixie having zero chance of not being a Diddy clone. So lots of votes are being stripped away from her based on that reason alone.

So that's why I trying a different approach and trying to lay facts in front of people. I'm going to be making alot of art, vids, and campaign pics, and stuff people can use in signatures etc. so we have ammunition to charge in with on social media and other forums or if anyone is brave enough to step into K rool threads on other sites to at least try to inform others of Dixie's potential.

They're also a hell of a lot louder than us, we should probably work on that
And yes by a LONG shot they are alot louder than us and are also not afraid to spam the hell out of everything. As stated here on this 4chan thread *hold on im looking for it now* -_-"

So I'm trying to be more active in this thread. I notice the more we post the more visitors in brings in! So we need to keep this thread at least on page one at all times.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Maybe we should just start talking about how much we want to play as Dixie Kong in Smash with the Twitter hashtag #DixieKong. And we retweet each other... and retweet every pro-Dixie post we see.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Maybe we should just start talking about how much we want to play as Dixie Kong in Smash with the Twitter hashtag #DixieKong. And we retweet each other.
Or we made a Dixie4Smash twitter account, a bunch of other characters have those, we could look for supporters in youtube comments and other sites like the wolf thread do. C'mon, we need to step up our game

Y'know what, BRB making a twitter account

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
So we lack numbers.

It's hard to sell Dixie when people just write her off as a Diddy-in-a-drag clone. :(
Dixie is one of the few iconic Nintendo characters left to add in. There was still lots of people wanting Bowser Jr. in despite many thinking he was going to end up as a Bowser clone.

A lot of this "Dixie wouldn't be an interesting addition" is detraction from K. Rool fans who are worried she might "steal" his slot. Considering that Dixie has a lot going for her over K. Rool, its wise to take her as competition seriously.

Just having 10 supporters being loud and active would be enough to sway her possible inclusion in Project M. Right now the "poll" for Project M is closed, but it will re-open once the first official newcomer for Project M is announced (if you have been following the leaks you will know who its most likely going to be), we should immediately camp ourselves there. Most fanbases are fixated on the ballot wars, but we can quickly assert ourselves to dominance in the microcosm that is Project M fanbases (where even nonsensical additions like Ninten can gain clout simply due to 2-3 loudmouths).

Last edited:

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Or we made a Dixie4Smash twitter account, a bunch of other characters have those, we could look for supporters in youtube comments and other sites like the wolf thread do. C'mon, we need to step up our game

Y'know what, BRB making a twitter account
If you want to start the twitter I can start the facebook page and handle things on the Deviantart side! Also when I make the page on FB I'll add you as an admin and anyone else you think is super serious about this because I work alot of hours so I won't be able to keep up with the page all the time. Sounds like a plan? Any objections anyone?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Dixie is one of the few iconic Nintendo characters left to add in. There was still lots of people wanting Bowser Jr. in despite many thinking he was going to end up as a Bowser clone.

A lot of this "Dixie wouldn't be an interesting addition" is detraction from K. Rool fans who are worried she might "steal" his slot. Considering that Dixie has a lot going for her over K. Rool, its wise to take her as competition seriously.
You are kinda right... I remember when people used to say "Duck Hunt Dog wouldn't be an interesting addition"... and those people were the ones who usually supported Takamaru, Mach Rider, or Sheriff... and people didn't see Duck Hunt Dog as a serious competition even though he had more going for him.

Just having 10 supporters being loud and active would be enough to sway her possible inclusion in Project M. Right now the "poll" for Project M is closed, but it will re-open once the first official newcomer for Project M is announced (if you have been following the leaks you will know who its most likely going to be), we should immediately camp ourselves there. Most fanbases are fixated on the ballot wars, but we can quickly assert ourselves to dominance in the microcosm that is Project M fanbases (where even nonsensical additions like Ninten can gain clout simply due to 2-3 loudmouths).
Or in Duck Hunt Dog's case, just having one loud supporter like me spamming Sakurai's Twitter probably might have swayed Sakurai. But Sakurai justified his inclusion by saying that Duck Hunt sold millions 30 years ago and the NES Zapper shooting from the fourth wall was an unique concept he wanted to see in Smash (maybe I planted that idea in his mind?)

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Did it

https://twitter.com/Dixie4Smash

If you want to start the twitter I can start the facebook page and handle things on the Deviantart side! Also when I make the page on FB I'll add you as an admin and anyone else you think is super serious about this because I work alot of hours so I won't be able to keep up with the page all the time. Sounds like a plan? Any objections anyone?
Let's do it!

Last edited:

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
I'm working on the facebook stuff now! I'm super hype for what we are about to try! I mean even IF she doesn't win I can rest my head at night knowing we truly DID try! Also even if the other fan bases are bigger with the pages we are setting up it shows that there IS a fan base that at least cares.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I'm working on the facebook stuff now! I'm super hype for what we are about to try! I mean even IF she doesn't win I can rest my head at night knowing we truly DID try! Also even if the other fan bases are bigger with the pages we are setting up it shows that there IS a fan base that at least cares.
Time to get on the dixie hype train!

So I've tweeted Nintendo of america, retro studios and sakurai himself. Is there anyone I'm forgetting?

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Honestly, I would say it's just Dixie Kong and Toad. Maybe Ridley, but Metroid simply isn't nearly as big of a series as Donkey Kong and Ridley generally only appears for one fight per game, if that. Ridley, K. Rool, and Isaac pretty much just have their popularity going for them, but Dixie and Toad have wider appeal and better general recognition.

Of course, with a ballot opened, popularity is going to play a factor, which makes me a little worried for Dixie's chances if we assume two DK newcomers won't happen. I think a lot of the reason K. Rool fans are so loud and passionate is because they know that Dixie is a more likely addition than him and they have to make up for that fact. Generally, people who don't really support either think Dixie is far and away more likely, with some even saying she's practically guaranteed, but the ballot throws a curve ball into the mix that allows the legions of K. Rool fans to make real use of their numbers.

Obviously the solution is for Sakurai to just put both in.

I still think it's funny when people say Dixie would be a Diddy clone because if she were a clone of anyone, I think she'd work much better as a Donkey Kong clone, lol.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Omg I just asked the K Rool to help support Dixie and I'm scared of what's going to happen
Lol i tried the same thing on another board but with no success. They are dead set on competition and treating this as if there can only be ONE DK rep added. Then came all the "clone comments" So they won't support. I feel that we are on our own in this one. I'm not trying to steer people AWAY from K rool if that's TRULLY who they want to pick but at the same time I hope to slow down the voting on him bandwagon just because half of the thread has brainwashed people into thinking that she would be a clone.

I got this up by the way! still working on it.
https://www.facebook.com/VoteDixie

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Lol i tried the same thing on another board but with no success. They are dead set on competition and treating this as if there can only be ONE DK rep added. Then came all the "clone comments" So they won't support. I feel that we are on our own in this one. I'm not trying to steer people AWAY from K rool if that's TRULLY who they want to pick but at the same time I hope to slow down the voting on him bandwagon just because half of the thread has brainwashed people into thinking that she would be a clone.

I got this up by the way!
I mentioned it in the Krystal thread with no response, although a few people in there mentioned wanting Dixie

Looks like we're all set up to start campaigning for Dixie, Mind sending me the profile pic and banner

Last edited:

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer

I got this up by the way! Still working on it.
oops. accidentally quoted myself instead of editing >.>"

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage

If Dixie actually made it into P:M, I would be ecstatic. I would actually prefer that outcome to having her in Smash 4, because I play P:M much more seriously than I play Smash 4. If that P:M poll opens up, I know that I will be one of the first to jump on the Dixie support train. Fortunately, she shouldn't have K. Rool as competition, since, let's face it; he's almost a lock for Smash 4 DLC with all of the support he's getting. Isaac's already going to be in P:M according to the leaks, and K. Rool is very likely for Smash 4. If we don't have K. Rool, Isaac, or 3rd parties to compete against on the P:M front, we should have a much easier time getting her in that game. Plus, I like the idea of splitting the DK newcomers up between Smash 4 and P:M.

I'm still for getting her into Smash 4, but this sounds like a great idea to me. I know there are plenty of K. Rool fans who also want Dixie to be playable, and this sounds like a happy medium that pleases both sides of the fanbase. I know we could get help from them.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It would be nice if Dixie Kong is in Project M but I'd prefer her to be in the official games (SSB4 DLC or SSB5) since I don't play Project M nor do I want to risk bricking my Wii console by hacking it.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I like Dixie. I think that she has good moveset potential.
Her & K Rool should be in Smash and DK series is perfected.

Add me to the supporters list. :)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The reason I bring this up is because this would be time sensitive. By the time we know what characters were selected for DLC (likely 2016), the last two slots for Project M will already have been decided. This may sound like surrendering, but its actually hedging our bets.
So we'd be better off throwing away our only chance to show our sheer fan support for an official fighter status to Smash 4, for an unofficial mod that isn't even supported by Nintendo for sake of bolstering K.Rool even further? Are you kidding me?

PM aren't going ever be be able to do as much to Dixie or any clone engine character as Sakurai and his teams could: the latter isn't obviously limited by Clone Engine, and their presence is the very root of this series' success.
Besides, PM's Clone Engine spots has also competition for Dixie to overcome, and I think that's not entirely worth it considering the outcome that wouldn't benefit Dixie as much as a playable spot on Smash 4. (Getting probably a more aerially-oriented semiclone Diddy with a ponytail that might not even be well-implemented at all if going by limitations of the Clone Engine).

And having Dixie's fans settle on PM, which isn't yet even available for PAL-release is kinda not pivotal at all on her further presence in Nintendo's future. This is why I find it ridiculous to put more priority on an unofficial mod not being ever able to pull as much quality and resources in as an official option.

Who knows, we might even be chosen over K.Rool anyway, despite the former's sheer and more vocal popularity. Why are we already considering him winning?

I really think we're apparently underestimating Dixie here because of K.Rool, it seems. I don't think that should be a necessary reason to think for lesser "spots" for Smash-games, however - we need just boost her support further. At the end, the Ballot is going to reward Dixie more than PM would instead of rewarding K.Rool more than Dixie, and by a substantial ton.

Last edited:

SonoUnProcione

Smash Cadet
I'm loving you guys. We have to be more active.
I was thinking that would be awesome having Ellie the Elephant in Dixie's moveset.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
So we'd be better off throwing away our only chance to show our sheer fan support for an official fighter status to Smash 4, for an unofficial mod that isn't even supported by Nintendo for sake of bolstering K.Rool even further? Are you kidding me?

PM aren't going ever be be able to do as much to Dixie or any clone engine character as Sakurai and his teams could: the latter isn't obviously limited by Clone Engine, and their presence is the very root of this series' success.
Besides, PM's Clone Engine spots has also competition for Dixie to overcome, and I think that's not entirely worth it considering the outcome that wouldn't benefit Dixie as much as a playable spot on Smash 4. (Getting probably a more aerially-oriented semiclone Diddy with a ponytail that might not even be well-implemented at all if going by limitations of the Clone Engine).

And having Dixie's fans settle on PM, which isn't yet even available for PAL-release is kinda not pivotal at all on her further presence in Nintendo's future. This is why I find it ridiculous to put more priority on an unofficial mod not being ever able to pull as much quality and resources in as an official option.

Who knows, we might even be chosen over K.Rool anyway, despite the former's sheer and more vocal popularity. Why are we already considering him winning?

I really think we're apparently underestimating Dixie here because of K.Rool, it seems. I don't think that should be a necessary reason to think for lesser "spots" for Smash-games, however - we need just boost her support further. At the end, the Ballot is going to reward Dixie more than PM would instead of rewarding K.Rool more than Dixie, and by a substantial ton.
I thought clone engine didn't necessarily mean a clone character. Mewtwo for example is a clone engine character, and he's unique.

Also, Dixie and K. Rool fans shouldn't be opposing each other. I support both, but like K. Rool a bit more. Who cares? I think both parties should be happy if DK gets a newcomer.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
If Dixie actually made it into P:M, I would be ecstatic. I would actually prefer that outcome to having her in Smash 4, because I play P:M much more seriously than I play Smash 4. If that P:M poll opens up, I know that I will be one of the first to jump on the Dixie support train. Fortunately, she shouldn't have K. Rool as competition, since, let's face it; he's almost a lock for Smash 4 DLC with all of the support he's getting. Isaac's already going to be in P:M according to the leaks, and K. Rool is very likely for Smash 4. If we don't have K. Rool, Isaac, or 3rd parties to compete against on the P:M front, we should have a much easier time getting her in that game. Plus, I like the idea of splitting the DK newcomers up between Smash 4 and P:M.

I'm still for getting her into Smash 4, but this sounds like a great idea to me. I know there are plenty of K. Rool fans who also want Dixie to be playable, and this sounds like a happy medium that pleases both sides of the fanbase. I know we could get help from them.
I'm glad you like that idea. We won't give up on the Smash ballot, but I think that we can definitely secure a victory on the Project M side of things, which will only work wonders for us going into Smash 5. Also, I do agree that K. Rool fans might be okay with the idea of helping Dixie get into Project M. Like I said, Dixie fans shouldn't give up on the Smash ballot. We probably won't win there, but we should probably establish just how popular Dixie is, even if she isn't as highly requested as K. Rool.

It would be nice if Dixie Kong is in Project M but I'd prefer her to be in the official games (SSB4 DLC or SSB5) since I don't play Project M nor do I want to risk bricking my Wii console by hacking it.
Good news. You can play Project M without hacking your Wii. All you need is a 2GB SD card and you're set.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Valkyrie's right. We should definitely focus on the Smash ballot for now. While I personally love the P:M Idea, it isn't for everybody (especially those of you in the PAL region), and if we have a chance at getting her as DLC, we should take it. That would benefit Dixie more in terms of exposure. She may get more playable appearances in future DK and Mario games if she ends up in Smash officially. Plus, I totally love the idea of getting a Dixie amiibo.

I'm definitely not giving up on getting her into P:M, but I'll also help out in supporting her for DLC.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I put money on a Donkey Kong Character being DLC and my dignity on the DLC not beign wasted on Mario and Zelda characters (promised to eat my socks).

Dixie has the same basic body type as diddy with a pony tail instead of a Monkey tail so she may have ease of development on her side. And even though he's top tier I hope they don't make her a Diddy clone.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I put money on a Donkey Kong Character being DLC and my dignity on the DLC not beign wasted on Mario and Zelda characters (promised to eat my socks).

Dixie has the same basic body type as diddy with a pony tail instead of a Monkey tail so she may have ease of development on her side. And even though he's top tier I hope they don't make her a Diddy clone.
I have an interesting question for you, what if we get a Mario, a Zelda and a Donkey Kong Character, will you still eat your socks?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I have an interesting question for you, what if we get a Mario, a Zelda and a Donkey Kong Character, will you still eat your socks?
I'd get money to eat eat sock so in the universal scheme of things it'd be even.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I will help with the Dixie support, seeing as King K.Rool got enough support as it is now. Just voted for her to. I think that if Sakurai will see a steady amount of supporters for Dixie he might just include her as more than a semi-clone. Even though I do think it's the most likely route for her, and not a bad route perse...

I mean, I said this before but semi-clones as Lucas and Wolf where way more popular ideas as returning characters than the likes of Ice Climbers, Snake, Squirtle and Ivysaur... Maybe it's because people don't think they are likely, but it should get some people thinking...

Dixie and King K.Rool should've both gotten in, and now is the chance to redeem Sakurai's mistake. If King K.Rool would make it in alone, I still wouldn't be fully satisfied, because I think Dixie should be there to. I think we should try and work with K.Rool supporters as much as possible as DKC fans in general.

If we can just get away of the stigma that semi-clone = bad, then I think there's a lot of potential to be realised here!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I will help with the Dixie support, seeing as King K.Rool got enough support as it is now. Just voted for her to. I think that if Sakurai will see a steady amount of supporters for Dixie he might just include her as more than a semi-clone. Even though I do think it's the most likely route for her, and not a bad route perse...

I mean, I said this before but semi-clones as Lucas and Wolf where way more popular ideas as returning characters than the likes of Ice Climbers, Snake, Squirtle and Ivysaur... Maybe it's because people don't think they are likely, but it should get some people thinking...

Dixie and King K.Rool should've both gotten in, and now is the chance to redeem Sakurai's mistake. If King K.Rool would make it in alone, I still wouldn't be fully satisfied, because I think Dixie should be there to. I think we should try and work with K.Rool supporters as much as possible as DKC fans in general.

If we can just get away of the stigma that semi-clone = bad, then I think there's a lot of potential to be realised here!
Luigi level Semi-clones, I'm cool with. Just don't nee another Dark Pit. Or Dark Diddy as the case may be.

Top Bottom