• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
And if the ice climbers had moving models (Which I'm fairly certain they did) I see know reason the chorus kids weren't
Maybe because the Ice Climbers don't need to have anything at all to do with the Chorus Kids.

We know nothing for sure about Chorus Kids in Smash. We don't know if they were a single entity, a trio, a master/puppet of some sort, far in production, out of consideration early on, or even if they were truly planned at all. All we have is one fairly dubious "leak" that everyone else spring-boarded off of.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Spainkiller's leak turn out true, because I'd absolutely love to see Dixie, but I'm not optimistic about it.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Maybe because the Ice Climbers don't need to have anything at all to do with the Chorus Kids.

We know nothing for sure about Chorus Kids in Smash. We don't know if they were a single entity, a trio, a master/puppet of some sort, far in production, out of consideration early on, or even if they were truly planned at all. All we have is one fairly dubious "leak" that everyone else spring-boarded off of.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Spainkiller's leak turn out true, because I'd absolutely love to see Dixie, but I'm not optimistic about it.
Gematsu got like 8/10 characters right, I think it's fair to so they were at least planned

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
In that second half, didn't he guess mii fighters specifically? and we know that chrom was at least considered at one point
He didn't say Mii Fighters until right before E3 2014, which was a couple of months after the second half, if I remember correctly. He had said Mii in the first half of the leak, but he didn't use "Mii Fighters" until this point. Curiously, he also said "Goddess Palutena" in this batch of info.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
He didn't say Mii Fighters until right before E3 2014, which was a couple of months after the second half, if I remember correctly. He had said Mii in the first half of the leak, but he didn't use "Mii Fighters" until this point. Curiously, he also said "Goddess Palutena" in this batch of info.
Which is interesting, because the E3 trailers said both Mii Fighters and Goddess Palutena. So I blatantly thing that the guy just got an early look at the trailers somehow.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Considered =/= ever planned as playable. Mii Fighters weren't in the "second half," they were in a separate thing all-together.
Probably helps if you had examples illustrating the difference between "considered" and "planned"...

Chrom = considered
Ice Climbers = planned

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Which is interesting, because the E3 trailers said both Mii Fighters and Goddess Palutena. So I blatantly thing that the guy just got an early look at the trailers somehow.
...No trailer ever said "Goddess Palutena." Her trailer is called "Goddess of Light" and Pit calls her "Lady Palutena," but "Goddess Palutena" is something that never happened unless it was somewhere else.

As for Mii Fighters, I find it a little too odd that Miis were part of the original email, but not named until later. I think the contact had the name the whole time, but it was simply transcribed as Miis, for whatever reason, until that third time. It's not too out there considering "Animal Crossing Guy," "X/Y Pokemon," and "Goddess Palutena." For the record, Gematsu also used "Chorus Men" despite their trophy in game being "Chorus Kids."

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/11/2...n-clone-characters-and-costumes-in-smash-bros “We do various kinds of research during the planning stage,” Sakurai said. “We consider the inclusion of characters that feature in games being developed at the same time, are highly requested by users and are popular within their series. We then think about how they could be unique if they were to appear in Super Smash Bros.” So there's really no reason for Dixie Kong to not be playable, I guess she wasn't too highly requested before Tropical Freeze was announced, but still, and I kind of doubt that Sakurai couldn't find a way to make her unique. She needs too be DLC.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/11/2...n-clone-characters-and-costumes-in-smash-bros “We do various kinds of research during the planning stage,” Sakurai said. “We consider the inclusion of characters that feature in games being developed at the same time, are highly requested by users and are popular within their series. We then think about how they could be unique if they were to appear in Super Smash Bros.” So there's really no reason for Dixie Kong to not be playable, I guess she wasn't too highly requested before Tropical Freeze was announced, but still, and I kind of doubt that Sakurai couldn't find a way to make her unique. She needs too be DLC.
You do have to keep in mind that plans change and characters can and will get cut. Dixie may very well have been planned, but cut for unknown reasons.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So, basically this:

1) characters from games that were developed at the same time as current Smash's development cycle
2) characters who are highly requested by fans of said character's franchise
3) unique potential; occasionally may veto 1) such as retro characters and may veto 2) such as the Chrom/Robin situation and Wii Fit Trainer

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So, basically this:

1) characters from games that were developed at the same time as current Smash's development cycle
3) unique potential; occasionally may veto 1) such as retro characters and may veto 2) such as the Chrom/Robin situation and Wii Fit Trainer
Maybe Sakurai didn't observe enough like how he sees it with Chrom. :p

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So, basically this:

Keep in mind, he said planning stage. The planning stage was likely shortly before Kid Icarus: Uprising was released. He probably didn't even know about Tropical Freeze at the time.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Keep in mind, he said planning stage. The planning stage was likely shortly before Kid Icarus: Uprising was released. He probably didn't even know about Tropical Freeze at the time.
So Dixie was in a similar situation during SSB4's development cycle as Krystal was during Brawl's development cycle?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So Dixie was in a similar situation during SSB4's development cycle as Krystal was during Brawl's development cycle?
I don't think Krystal was ever given any consideration at all. Dixie Kong was definitely considered during Brawl but was planned to be a tag team which didn't work out.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Remember when I said the DK Rap would be a shortened version? My suspicions were right all along. It now only features the first verses, Donkey Kong's, Dixie Kong's and Diddy Kong's. (Suspicious trio...)

The end result isn't as bad as I feared, but it was completely unnecessary when previous Smash Bros. games had the full song. The musical direction really made some mistakes...
This is pretty suspicious.

EDIT: NVM this post, that was only Tiny Kong.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
This is pretty suspicious.

EDIT: NVM this post, that was only Tiny Kong.
It may just be me but tiny kong's section is weird
The line is "She can shrink in size, to suit her mood." but that's certainly not what I'm hearing, unless I'm just dumb which is very possible

Edit: NVM I'm just dumb

Last edited:

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
If there's a moving model of Dixie, and she isn't seen "Moving" anywhere in the Wii U version,
she could be DLC more quickly than King K. Rool who hasn't gotten a moving model yet.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If there's a moving model of Dixie, and she isn't seen "Moving" anywhere in the Wii U version,
she could be DLC more quickly than King K. Rool who hasn't gotten a moving model yet.
Except for the fact we have no evidence there's a "moving" model of Dixie whatsoever.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, if there's no evidence, could this open the door for King K. Rool?
No evidence doesn't make K. Rool more likely. I think he is, but just barely. They do reference him being the main antagonist of the DK franchise, he's the most popular/wanted character not in the game, and Sakurai did bring Kritters back. But that doesn't really mean much overall.

If the "SSB6" rumors pan out and end up being really for Smash Bros., I'd bet its for an expansion pack to Smash Bros. They'd really have to start looking at the DK franchise, including Dixie and K. Rool, if they want to stop scraping the bottom of the barrel. I honestly believe getting the two of them in a pack together is semi-likely.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
No evidence doesn't make K. Rool more likely. I think he is, but just barely. They do reference him being the main antagonist of the DK franchise, he's the most popular/wanted character not in the game, and Sakurai did bring Kritters back. But that doesn't really mean much overall.

If the "SSB6" rumors pan out and end up being really for Smash Bros., I'd bet its for an expansion pack to Smash Bros. They'd really have to start looking at the DK franchise, including Dixie and K. Rool, if they want to stop scraping the bottom of the barrel. I honestly believe getting the two of them in a pack together is semi-likely.
Smash bros ultimate edition? Nah I can't see nintendo doing that

I just expect it's Hyrule warriors and MK8 styled DLC

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Smash bros ultimate edition? Nah I can't see nintendo doing that

I just expect it's Hyrule warriors and MK8 styled DLC
Same thing really. Whether they do it in one big bash or smaller packs, it basically amounts to the same thing. Considering Smash Bros. characters and elements requiring longer periods of time to handle, its very possible they can't so easily release separate smaller packs, so it'll be a bigger expansion instead.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I'm doubting Dixie Kong would get in as DLC. If she is already an effect in Smash Tour, why would she be playable? Moving model =/= playable character... for all we know, her moving model could be for Assist Trophy or Smash Tour.

Might as well wait for SSB5...
They could just patch it to change the trophy in Smash Tour if they want to use Dixie later, so I don't see the problem really.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789

I don't see them doing paid DLC for a one-franchise pack that isn't Mario or Pokemon. It's too arbitrary and isn't guaranteed to sell.

Craxian

Smash Rookie
Not sure if this has been posted, but Dixie Kong is an item in Smash Tour. Sorry, but it looks like she is disconfirmed.

She gives you an extra midair jump for a match.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Not sure if this has been posted, but Dixie Kong is an item in Smash Tour. Sorry, but it looks like she is disconfirmed.

She gives you an extra midair jump for a match.
We've been chatting about it for like five pages and trying to determine if it meant anything.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I don't see them doing paid DLC for a one-franchise pack that isn't Mario or Pokemon. It's too arbitrary and isn't guaranteed to sell.
I wouldn't be surprised if they do it like Mario Kart 8. Seems to be the best as everyone's reaction to it was very positive.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah, I saw Dixie in Smash Tour but it wasn't a moving model. It was just her trophy.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Except for the fact we have no evidence there's a "moving" model of Dixie whatsoever.
Well, I don't think we had any evidence of Mewtwo's moving model either (at least not before his announcement anyway). Plus he wasn't featured in the Gematsu leaks in Smashwiki.

Top Bottom