• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
It's bias that I don't want K. Rool fans ****ting on the Dixie support thread? Get over yourself. Take your excitement to your own support thread.
Massive exaggerations, generalizations, and in case you didn't notice, my username is on the list of Dixie supporters. I can remain on here all I want. I just don't like it when Dixie fans and K. Rool fans have to argue. But if it ever came to that, I would side with K. Rool because I want him more than Dixie. I really want both and feel we should get both, but we won't because Sakurai is heartless towards us DK fans.

Last edited:

Dracandros

Smash Cadet
At this point, I'd rather that we get ONE DK newcomer than no new DK newcomer at all. I'd consider it insulting if we only got a token Wii U stage to compensate for the lack of...well, anything new that we've gotten in this game so far.

I want both of them in, but these past few weeks have left me pessimistic.
I would certainly like to get much of anything from games Retro Studies have made since Brawl of any kind other than some new Metroid ATs which don't mean much at all.

Do they want Retro to fail or something? :confused:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Perhaps Retro doesn't keep Sakurai in the know about their going-ons? It's really weird... Perhaps it's because they're an American company and that makes it harder to communicate information? Shoot, I don't know, it's just really frustrating how Retro doesn't involve themselves with Smash the same way other Japanese companies seem to do.

If Sakurai had the heads up about Tropical Freeze I'm sure we'd have Dixie in, just like how he had the heads up for Pokemon X/Y when it came to Greninja.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Currently laughing at people who are saying she's disconfirmed because of Diddys palette swap.
Edit: also, Pit not having a Dark Pit palette also doesn't affect Dixie. Dark Pit is LITERALLY a palette swap of Pit as a character, if Pit had a color palette that was black there would be no differentiating them. They made Diddys fur yellow to reference Dixie's hair, but that would also mean that if diddy uses that palette while fighting Dixie, they will look completely different.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Honestly speaking if she is in, I think Sakurai's tendency to revisit ideas he already tried to implement in the past will be a bigger factor than Tropical Freeze.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I think a best way to represent DKCR and DKCTF would be a silhouette stage.

Even better: have a stage with dynamic lighting that makes characters go from normal to silhouette style when the stage gets dark, AND have the stage magically freeze over from time to time!

EDIT: Just read the last page, and I need to asset that this whole Dixie v K.Rool nonsense is ridiculous. It was embarrassing when it first started, silly when it reared its head over and over, and laughable now. Either side trying to express superiority by putting the other down comes off as rude znd most importantly insecure. Those who are doing this are forming an unnecessary divide and provoking a flame war between both sides. There was once a time when "K.ROOL'S BETTER!!" plagued this thread and "DIXIE'S MORE LIKELY!!" harassed the other; I THOUGHT we put this stupidity to rest months ago, but if all it takes to reignite this is a palette swap that holds no weight in and of itself then sadly both sides need better fans.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Even better: have a stage with dynamic lighting that makes characters go from normal to silhouette style when the stage gets dark, AND have the stage magically freeze over from time to time!

EDIT: Just read the last page, and I need to asset that this whole Dixie v K.Rool nonsense is ridiculous. It was embarrassing when it first started, silly when it reared its head over and over, and laughable now. Either side trying to express superiority by putting the other down comes off as rude znd most importantly insecure. Those who are doing this are forming an unnecessary divide and provoking a flame war between both sides. There was once a time when "K.ROOL'S BETTER!!" plagued this thread and "DIXIE'S MORE LIKELY!!" harassed the other; I THOUGHT we put this stupidity to rest months ago, but if all it takes to reignite this is a palette swap that holds no weight in and of itself then sadly both sides need better fans.
THANK YOU.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It's some posts lately that are quite unnerving. Seriously, why is a fight going on at all? I'm pretty sure it's because K. Rool fans came in here and started being snobby.

So K. Rool fans are taking a pink Diddy palette swap as a win? I can't wait to see their responses if Dixie gets confirmed as playable.

And for people comparing this palette swap to Fox's Wolf recolor, that one is much closer to actually making him look like the character. I don't believe that rules out Wolf, either, but that changes almost everything about Fox to look like Wolf, whereas Diddy merely dyed his shirt pink.
No, not at all. I love Dixie Kong, and if it took Dixie to get some DK representation, I'd take it. I'd far rather have K. Rool, but Dixie would be a good addition (we really SHOULD have both). All I said is you CAN'T IGNORE IT. In fact, in the DK franchise I actually like Dixie better, I just want K. Rool in Smash Bros. more.

It's bias that I don't want K. Rool fans ****ting on the Dixie support thread? Get over yourself. Take your excitement to your own support thread.
I'm a Dixie fan just as much as I am a K. Rool fan. I don't think this helps K. Rool at all, the only thing it does is hurt Dixie slightly. Honestly, I'm rooting for both of them, we honestly NEED both of them to properly represented the franchise (and to not get the Dixie fans fighting with the K. Rool fans). That said, I fully believe people overexaggerated Dixie's chances compared to K. Rool's. Nothing at all hints at Dixie over K. Rool, the leaks just list Dixie because they BELIEVE she has more chances than K. Rool, and any hints at K. Rool could just be fans reading into things too much. Nothing really hints at either of them.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Massive exaggerations, generalizations, and in case you didn't notice, my username is on the list of Dixie supporters. I can remain on here all I want. I just don't like it when Dixie fans and K. Rool fans have to argue. But if it ever came to that, I would side with K. Rool because I want him more than Dixie. I really want both and feel we should get both, but we won't because Sakurai is heartless towards us DK fans.
Supporting Dixie over neither doesn't mean you are incapable of ****ting on the Dixie support thread.

That said, I'm not seeing your name on the **** posts, so good on you. That doesn't mean there aren't other deplorable K. Rool fans, though.

No, not at all. I love Dixie Kong, and if it took Dixie to get some DK representation, I'd take it. I'd far rather have K. Rool, but Dixie would be a good addition (we really SHOULD have both). All I said is you CAN'T IGNORE IT. In fact, in the DK franchise I actually like Dixie better, I just want K. Rool in Smash Bros. more.
Ignore what? I see nothing substantial, therefore there is nothing to be ignored.

I'm a Dixie fan just as much as I am a K. Rool fan. I don't think this helps K. Rool at all, the only thing it does is hurt Dixie slightly. Honestly, I'm rooting for both of them, we honestly NEED both of them to properly represented the franchise (and to not get the Dixie fans fighting with the K. Rool fans). That said, I fully believe people overexaggerated Dixie's chances compared to K. Rool's. Nothing at all hints at Dixie over K. Rool, the leaks just list Dixie because they BELIEVE she has more chances than K. Rool, and any hints at K. Rool could just be fans reading into things too much. Nothing really hints at either of them.
Quite frankly, the game is too close to release for me to care about "chances." It was one thing when we could say "the roster has been decided," but the game is practically finished now, with the only possible extraneous details left being post-release downloads.

Like you, I'd rather have either of them than neither, but I'd prefer Dixie. That's all. I'm still relatively new to the site, so if it's normal for ridiculous arguments like this to arise from a simple costume recolor, I'll take a step back, but otherwise, it would be pretty damn nice to not see K. Rool fans gloating in the Dixie support thread (<- I realize that might be an exaggeration, but I'm sure you get my point).

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Supporting Dixie over neither doesn't mean you are incapable of ****ting on the Dixie support thread.

That said, I'm not seeing your name on the **** posts, so good on you. That doesn't mean there aren't other deplorable K. Rool fans, though.
I'm also not incapable of ****ting on the K. Rool thread, so what does that matter?

I see nothing deplorable in the examples you mentioned. They were stating their views on a particular matter and why they had those views. It's not like they were saying things like "Dixie sucks, K. Rool is awesome".

Good on me? What, like you're my boss and I have to meet your approval or something? I couldn't care less if I met your approval or not.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I'm also not incapable of ****ting on the K. Rool thread, so what does that matter?
I'm not following the K. Rool thread, but I wouldn't want to see Dixie fans ****ting on it, that's for sure. I don't even have a single post in there and don't plan to unless Dixie is legitimately disconfirmed and I come in to say, "I now support K. Rool."

I see nothing deplorable in the examples you mentioned. They were stating their views on a particular matter and why they had those views. It's not like they were saying things like "Dixie sucks, K. Rool is awesome".
First was responding to a post from March to tell him why K. Rool was a better choice than Dixie and putting down the Dixie fanbase in general, as seen in: Regardless, the Dixie fanbase has successfully marketed her as "relevant" for showing up in such essential games as Mario Hoops, and equating Dixie's background cameos in the peg swinging DS games to K. Rool's main villian status.

The second quoted a post from the K. Rool thread that very clearly saw the pink Diddy shirt as a Dixie disconfirmation and a potential win for K. Rool.

Good on me? What, like you're my boss and I have to meet your approval or something? I couldn't care less if I met your approval or not.
Who the hell pissed in your Cheerios? I congratulated you for not being a **** poster. It might as well have said "Thanks." What's the big deal?

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I'm not following the K. Rool thread, but I wouldn't want to see Dixie fans ****ting on it, that's for sure. I don't even have a single post in there and don't plan to unless Dixie is legitimately disconfirmed and I come in to say, "I now support K. Rool."
Oh, of course you won't find people ****ting on the K. Rool thread in the K. Rool thread itself. All you have to do is look in any other thread and you'll probably find someone ****ting on it.

First was responding to a post from March to tell him why K. Rool was a better choice than Dixie and putting down the Dixie fanbase in general, as seen in: Regardless, the Dixie fanbase has successfully marketed her as "relevant" for showing up in such essential games as Mario Hoops, and equating Dixie's background cameos in the peg swinging DS games to K. Rool's main villian status.

The second quoted a post from the K. Rool thread that very clearly saw the pink Diddy shirt as a Dixie disconfirmation and a potential win for K. Rool.
Well, technically it's possible that the pink shirt means what they think it does, however unlikely it is. People who haven't had their favorite character confirmed yet are desperate to find some sort of hope. You can't really blame them for it.

Who the hell pissed in your Cheerios? I congratulated you for not being a **** poster. It might as well have said "Thanks." What's the big deal?
I have a problem with you thinking that it's somehow a great honor or that I should for some reason care to earn you approval or congratulations. As if you thought you were high and mighty, I guess.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Oh, of course you won't find people ****ting on the K. Rool thread in the K. Rool thread itself. All you have to do is look in any other thread and you'll probably find someone ****ting on it.
I'm sure every fanbase gets **** on somewhere. As long as it isn't at their headquarters, such an inevitability is fine.

Well, technically it's possible that the pink shirt means what they think it does, however unlikely it is. People who haven't had their favorite character confirmed yet are desperate to find some sort of hope. You can't really blame them for it.
I can agree to that, but this shouldn't be the place to take it.

I have a problem with you thinking that it's somehow a great honor or that I should for some reason care to earn you approval or congratulations. As if you thought you were high and mighty, I guess.
I don't even know what to say. Where are you getting this from? Thanking you for not being a **** poster causes...this? You are seriously overreacting here. I'm sorry if my imprecise wording offended you, but it was definitely not meant to come off in such a way.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I don't even know what to say. Where are you getting this from? Thanking you for not being a **** poster causes...this? You are seriously overreacting here. I'm sorry if my imprecise wording offended you, but it was definitely not meant to come off in such a way.
Whatever you say...

But anyway, I'm glad we could come to an understanding on the important stuff.

Zynux

Smash Lord
lol, people please.

Both Dixie and K. Rool fans flung **** at each other (for some reason). This is nothing new. Neither side should try to take the high road, I've seen both fanbases do it.

At this point, both Dixie and K. Rool fans together should be more worried if we're even getting a DK newcomer at all.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Oh, ****. I've been on GameFAQs, and they are exploding right now. @BluePikmin11 I've seen you post in here, and I can't access the leak group. Can you please confirm that NeoZero said the leaked roster is not final? I heard you are the admin for that group.

If this is true, my hype has reached MAX LEVELS.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Oh, ****. I've been on GameFAQs, and they are exploding right now. @BluePikmin11 I've seen you post in here, and I can't access the leak group. Can you please confirm that NeoZero said the leaked roster is not final? I heard you are the admin for that group.

Here's the proof, in case if anyone else wanted to know.

If this is really the case, then I'm very confident that we'll be getting a DK newcomer.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker

Wasn't it confirmed by the PotD already on last Tuesday? When Sakurai showed the All-Star mode and it had the padlock on it. Or was there something more to it?

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Wasn't it confirmed by the PotD already on last Tuesday? When Sakurai showed the All-Star mode and it had the padlock on it.
People were doubtful on whether or not the leaked screenshot of All-Star Mode was taken on the same save as the ESRB video. There were lots of people dismissing it because of discrepancies between the trophy pics.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
People were doubtful on whether or not the leaked screenshot of All-Star Mode was taken on the same save as the ESRB video. There were lots of people dismissing it because of discrepancies between the trophy pics.
Ok. That makes a little bit more sense. Thanks Seth.

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
Three things

1)King K Rool's name in this thread should be banned to avoid any unnecessary arguments unless it is something like "Why can't both K Rool and Dixie be in, Fire Emblem Awakening got two newcomers!!!"

2)Dixie being a color of swap of Diddy means nothing. Mario had one of Wario and he turned out playable, also unlike Wolf it didn't just randomly show up. Characters don't loose their palette swaps
(I think)

3)No one get your hopes up about Neo Zero's post. Expect Medusa as a clone of Palutena and that is it

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
People going berserk over table scraps. Things that leave everything to the imagination. Don't think I've seen this before. I also thought Dixie had a reasonable shot, even without making the main roster.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Before I say this, this is my interpretation of what's to come, so if I offend anyone with this, I'm sorry. I can always be wrong. Please don't start another flame war over it.

With this new development, I'm very confident we can still get a DK newcomer. However, I don't think we can get K. Rool/an original Dixie moveset alongside Ridley. With the way the way the CSS in the leak is ordered, that is, series with 2 or more characters are put in chronological order of their orignal release (Mario, DK, Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, Kirby, Star Fox, Pokemon), the only way that can happen would be for the rows to extend from nine to eleven, which I don't think is happening. I can see the roster expanding to ten rows, but not eleven.

With this in mind, I think there are still a few possible scenarios on how this can go down, not counting potential DLC down the road:

1. K. Rool and clone* Dixie (on the roster, Dixie goes in between Dr. Mario and Dark Pit; this is probably the solution that will appease most DK fans)

2. Ridley and clone* Dixie

3. Original Dixie in the DK section and neither K. Rool nor Ridley (very unlikely IMO, as much as I want a completely original Dixie)

4. No DK newcomer (I'm hopeful this isn't the case)

*: the definition of "clone" in this case does not necessarily mean a 1-to-1 clone like Lucina. I'm assuming that Dr. Mario will probably have the Mario Tornado instead of the FLUDD, which would leave room for these clone characters to have different specials. Dixie could still have moves like her hair spin as an Up-Special, but I think she would have a lot of moves taken from Diddy if she is put into this section (which I would be fine with; Diddy already has a solid moveset).

Last edited:

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
Dixie Kong would be a pretty cool character. A lot of people are saying that she would be a diddy clone, but I don't see it happening. I can't see her using diddy's jetpack or peanuts pop guns. She could be like luigi, but not full on clone.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Yeah, she'd have to be a Luigi/Wolf type of a clone. She doesn't have a jetpack, she doesn't have a tail, and she doesn't have a peanut popgun, but she does have a ponytail she could use like a helicopter, or a whip, and she also has the gumball popgun from Tropical Freeze. Everything else, monkey flips and banana peels to smacks and kicks, could be a clone of Diddy.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Three things

1)King K Rool's name in this thread should be banned to avoid any unnecessary arguments unless it is something like "Why can't both K Rool and Dixie be in, Fire Emblem Awakening got two newcomers!!!"

2)Dixie being a color of swap of Diddy means nothing. Mario had one of Wario and he turned out playable, also unlike Wolf it didn't just randomly show up. Characters don't loose their palette swaps
(I think)
3)No one get your hopes up about Neo Zero's post. Expect Medusa as a clone of Palutena and that is it
Medusa was disconfirmed in the leaks.

She is in no way competition to Dixie Kong at this point.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
A week before everything is known, now is as good as any for me to support Dixie for these two reasons: I like Dixie and DK deserves another character.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
With this new development, I'm very confident we can still get a DK newcomer. However, I don't think we can get K. Rool/an original Dixie moveset alongside Ridley. With the way the way the CSS in the leak is ordered, that is, series with 2 or more characters are put in chronological order of their orignal release (Mario, DK, Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, Kirby, Star Fox, Pokemon), the only way that can happen would be for the rows to extend from nine to eleven, which I don't think is happening. I can see the roster expanding to ten rows, but not eleven.
This is not exactly right. If you do not know, the roster screen is in chronological order but it's done in 2 categories with the multi rep franchises and single rep franchises. If we order the multi rep franchises then put in the single rep ones around them the order is still kept. Dixie and Ridley can both fit in it. Someone made this as an example which includes both Ridley and Dixie.
Edit: Third party characters and clones are also have their little group.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
This is not exactly right. If you do not know, the roster screen is in chronological order but it's done in 2 categories with the multi rep franchises and single rep franchises. If we order the multi rep franchises then put in the single rep ones around them the order is still kept. Dixie and Ridley can both fit in it. Someone made this as an example which includes both Ridley and Dixie.
....Rayman? :rolleyes: Not that I have anything against him, it's just that he was deconfirmed.

I think we'll be getting three more characters at the minimum, but it's actually more likely that we'll get five characters. And I'm confident that Dixie (or K. Rool) will be among them.

If she is playable, I'm curious to know why she's apparently one of the final characters to unlock. I would normally think that she would be one of the first characters you get in the beginning, like Jigglypuff or Luigi.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
That looks a lot better than what I had in mind. In my opinion, it looks like a very probable final roster (save for Rayman IMO, no offense). I think with this setup, we can get most of everything that the fans want. If we trade Rayman out, K. Rool can also happen. He goes after Dixie, and Little Mac goes down to Duck Hunt's space, which causes the rest of the single reps to get pushed back one space. I like this layout a whole lot better.

If that actually happens, this will be hands-down the best roster in the series, IMO.

EDIT: Here's a reference pic to what I'm talking about:

(replace RH Girl with Chorus Kids)
HOLY **** does that look perfect. And very plausible. Everything just meshes together so well. However, I can't expect this to happen; this seems too good to be true.

Last edited:

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Oh, um, forgot to mention, I didn't make that. Someone on the RTC thread made it called Kalimdori. He has... an interesting view on Rayman. He believes he hasn't been deconfirmed. Of course I disagree.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Oh, um, forgot to mention, I didn't make that. Someone on the RTC thread made it called Kalimdori. He has... an interesting view on Rayman. He believes he hasn't been deconfirmed. Of course I disagree.
Ok. I understand. However, looking at my reference pic, replace Rayman with K. Rool, and we have the perfect roster.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I came in here to talk Dixie and I see Rayman being discussed.

Quick note: The entire roster is deconfirmed because they have trophies.

If the point was completely lost for you, Rayman was not deconfirmed. As unlikely as he is, anyway.

As fitting as it is for primates and crocodiles to be fighting each other... It's really sad to see the DK fanbase so split, even if it's always been like this... Shame on both ends to those who are actually doing the **** flinging. Even if I may want one more, I would still be incredibly happy to have either of them (or even anything from DK at this point...)

Both of the them have survived to this point and I think that says a lot. I still hope to see both, in the initial game or even DLC.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage

If the point was completely lost for you, Rayman was not deconfirmed. As unlikely as he is, anyway.

As fitting as it is for primates and crocodiles to be fighting each other... It's really sad to see the DK fanbase so split, even if it's always been like this... Shame on both ends to those who are actually doing the **** flinging. Even if I may want one more, I would still be incredibly happy to have either of them (or even anything from DK at this point...)

Both of the them have survived to this point and I think that says a lot. I still hope to see both, in the initial game or even DLC.
Yeah. I totally agree. I think the fighting's stopped for now, though. All I know is that personally, my hope for getting both Dixie and K. Rool is at an all-time high right now. I just made a roster that looks so damn perfect, and it has enough room for both of them. #HopeNeverDies

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Agreed.

As far as trophies go, though, I'd say any character who was shown as a trophy first is NOT playable. And any character who has a trophy before they are unlocked (in the leak) is not playable as well, so naturally that means Krystal is out, too (although DLC is possible for her). Not that it matters to the Dixie thread.

Yeah. I totally agree. I think the fighting's stopped for now, though. All I know is that personally, my hope for getting both Dixie and K. Rool is at an all-time right now. I just made a roster that looks so damn perfect, and it has enough room for both of them. #HopeNeverDies
I'd rather not get my hopes up too much, but I do believe it is a possibility.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
As far as trophies go, though, I'd say any character who was shown as a trophy first is NOT playable. And any character who has a trophy before they are unlocked (in the leak) is not playable as well, so naturally that means Krystal is out, too (although DLC is possible for her). Not that it matters to the Dixie thread.
As a Rayman fan who would curb stomp any and all characters not named Banjo (including Snake, K. Rool, Ridley, and Dixie) I agree that he's 99% not on the initial roster. But he's definitely up there for DLC, Krystal I'm not so sure about (she was my third most wanted for a time). This is getting off topic though, so I suppose if she's not in, Dixie would be amazing as DLC.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Alright, so going off of this roster arrangement information, I cannot manage to fit in the final five "Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo, Chorus Men, other dude", that is unless they get their own sub-section sort of like how the clones have their own section (but why would those characters have their own section? DLC?)... However, it is possible to fit in Dixie by the clones, but if I do that it's not possible to include other characters in the leak like the Rhythm Heaven dude or Ridley.

It's a bit tricky, and it makes me highly question the additional leak info.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
From what i read i thought it was possiblle to fit a Starfox rep(Wolf), Pokemon rep(Mewtwo) Single series rep(Chorus Kids) And clone(Dixie) The final spot will go to Miis

Last edited:
Top Bottom