• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Not like some Dixie suporters don't do the same to K.rool ,only I can distinguish between some suporters and all the suporters
From my experience, there are far fewer K. Rool bashers that are Dixie fans.

Kickback

Smash Cadet
From my experience, there are far fewer K. Rool bashers that are Dixie fans.
True Dat, but that wasn't really my point, the way you worded you're first statement its like saying All K.rool fans dislike Dixie and there by would rather see DK not get any newcommer instead of Getting Dixie in the game

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Uh oh

Pink diddy kong

This is not looking good.

The picture was taken by zips wife at the demo thing.
We know.

We also know this:

Kirby's Meta Knight alt.
(This is a photoshop of the Kirby render but I couldn't be bothered to find the original POTD that listed this, the image is from the smash miiverse page).

Mario's Wario alt.

(same deal).

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Mario's Wario alt.

(same deal).

The only thing about the Mario alt is that it's a "Yellow Mario", I mean, it's another color to be along "Red Mario", "Blue Mario", "Green Mario" and "Black Mario", it's not "Wario-like Mario".

But this is not "Pink Diddy", it's "Dixie-like Diddy". It's like with that Fox alt, it's not "Gray/Black Fox", it's "Wolf-like Fox", therefore Wolf himself is not likely to appear.

I'ts about differentiating between a simple recolor from an alt based on another character. Don't know if I'm explaining myself right... :p

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Eh... No.

It's clearly not "Dixie-like Diddy". It's literally Diddy's exact same attire in Pink. He retains all of his usual logos and traits. This isn't like Alph/Olimar.

Wolf is the same deal. So is Mario/Wario.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Eh... No.

It's clearly not "Dixie-like Diddy". It's literally Diddy's exact same attire in Pink. He retains all of his usual logos and traits. This isn't like Alph/Olimar.

Wolf is the same deal. So is Mario/Wario.
Hmm I'm not as sure as you. It's just too similar to Dixie. If Dixie really was a character his alt would be more distinguishable to that of Dixie.

Take Pit and Dark Pit for example. Pit's black alt in Sm4sh is nowhere to be seen, but there's a purple one now, maybe replacing the black one because of DP. Why would Diddy be different?

Pit's alts in Brawl:

Dark Pit:

Pit's purple alt in Sm4sh:

Last edited:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Didn't Fox have his Wolf-like alt in Brawl? Still have faith. Maybe Dixie will have a red alt to mimic Diddy.
No, he didn't. He had a "dark fox" alt, this new alt color is apparently new and looks just like Wolf, well, Wolf's colors anyway.

I gotta say, I'm not happy to see the Dixie color scheme back, if it was removed like how the Dark Pit color scheme was removed from Pit, it would have been a sure sign that Dixie would've been in the game... But since it's there, egh, it doesn't exactly give me more hope.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
No, he didn't. He had a "dark fox" alt, this new alt color is apparently new and looks just like Wolf, well, Wolf's colors anyway.

I gotta say, I'm not happy to see the Dixie color scheme back, if it was removed like how the Dark Pit color scheme was removed from Pit, it would have been a sure sign that Dixie would've been in the game... But since it's there, egh, it doesn't exactly give me more hope.
Exactly, it's not a definitive rule out, but objectively her chances have decreased enormously.

And don't get me wrong! I'm not bashing Dixie, but that's my opinion.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
As a Nana for Diddy, straight from Sakurai's mouth.

Since 2008. He continued making appearances with leading roles into 2007.

Tropical Freeze is Dixie's first role that does not fall under spin off, cameo, or remake in 18 years.

K. Rool's problem was never relevance, as he is infinitely more relevant to the franchise as a whole than Dixie. His problem is recency, as SSB4 seems to be determined to advertise things. Regardless, the Dixie fanbase has successfully marketed her as "relevant" for showing up in such essential games as Mario Hoops, and equating Dixie's background cameos in the peg swinging DS games to K. Rool's main villian status.

No Snowmads in the game, Sakurai ignored Tropical Freeze.

She could be given a unique set (As can Wii Fit Trainer) but arguing potential with K. Rool is laughable.

Her popularity increased because of her likelihood increased because of Tropical Freeze, along with leaks suggesting her. People like absolutely any newcomer that becomes more likely/is confirmed. Here is a demonstration of this fanboyish mentality with before and after proof for Dark Pit and Mii.

Showing up on predicted lists is not popularity, it means she's expected. Dixie does have actual fans, yes, but they pale in comparison to K. Rool's in all forms of polls, both official and unofficial.

I could get countless sources, but it's not like you bothered to get one for your claim.

It's a very mean spirited post for a support thread, but the post did invite a reply.

This is a very old post, but I wanted to reply to a generic post that argued for why Dixie would "deserve" it over K. Rool in the face of Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie, and Chorus Men getting 95% confirmed as the final characters. The snark in this post made it feel like a good candidate.

Yes, your character made it, based off recent leaks. Not for any legitimate reasoning, though, but because of one man's whims. Your character made it because of Sakurai's biases, the same biases that got in Dark Pit and made Sakurai add Greninja when he was unnamed and in the concept art phase.
Wait what? Did I even say that?
Edit: Oh, March 15th. Y'know, people don't always think the same things they did 6 months ago.
Anyways, when did Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie, and Chorus Men get confirmed this sounds awesome?!

Last edited:

SeatreasureReturned

Smash Apprentice

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081214051331/ssb/images/6/61/Alt-fox3.jpg

I think that this dark alt is as much of a homage to wolf as Diddy's pink alt is to Dixie. But that is just personal opinion.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
This doesn't deconfirm Dixie at all. That being said, I'm not very optimistic that she's going to be playable. Blame Sakurai.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I feel as though K. Rool's chances have plummeted over the last few weeks, and if Dixie doesn't get in we're not getting a DK newcomer at all. While Kid Icarus, a tiny franchise with only three games to its name, gets three playable characters and massive amounts of representation in the form of stages, ATs, items, and enemies.

Why Sakurai.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Sakurai doesn't like western developed franchises!!

I'm joking, but really, I think the lack of DK content could be because of its shared universe with the Mario series. Already we're seeing Sakurai clumping Yoshi and Wario with the Mario dudes on the roster, I wouldn't be surprised if he thought similarly to DK, and gives it less content because it already fits in with Mario to an extent. Which, I fully disagree with, but I can definitely see it as a possibility.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I feel as though K. Rool's chances have plummeted over the last few weeks, and if Dixie doesn't get in we're not getting a DK newcomer at all. While Kid Icarus, a tiny franchise with only three games to its name, gets three playable characters and massive amounts of representation in the form of stages, ATs, items, and enemies.

Why Sakurai.
Sakurai's game before niche fans' game. I guess we were too niche...

Last edited:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
There's no way DK is "niche", the DK series (separate from Mario, mind you) is Nintendo's fourth best selling franchise (fifth if you count the Wii series, I guess). And Donkey Kong Country Returns alone sold more than any individual Zelda game on the Wii. And since Smash 4 is a retrospective of the Wii era in many ways, you'd expect it to showcase the big games of that era, you know, like Donkey Kong Country Returns. Maybe it doesn't have a massive fanbase online, like, we definitely see more fans of Metroid and Zelda here, but when a franchise like DK continually performs well and is promoted by Nintendo as a top dog in the industry, you expect it to get its proper dues in a game like Smash Bros.. It's really weird that it isn't.

Oh well, hopefully we'll still get a cool as hell DKCR stage on the Wii U.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
No, actually, I do want a Returns stage. I don't want the DK series to be seen as a relic, it is relevant, and it is important to modern Nintendo. So let's see something from Donkey Kong Country Returns.

Preferrably a minecart stage of some sort, with a train of minecarts acting as the platform (like the ones seen in Mole Miner Max's fight), but with a moving backdrop similar to the level "Crazy Cart" in the first Jungle world of the game. It would be pretty awesome, I think... But, at this point it's a pipedream.

Not that I wouldn't also want a DKC stage, been wanting to see a Gangplank Galleon in the series for quite some time now.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
No, actually, I do want a Returns stage. I don't want the DK series to be seen as a relic, it is relevant, and it is important to modern Nintendo. So let's see something from Donkey Kong Country Returns.

Preferrably a minecart stage of some sort, with a train of minecarts acting as the platform (like the ones seen in Mole Miner Max's fight), but with a moving backdrop similar to the level "Crazy Cart" in the first Jungle world of the game. It would be pretty awesome, I think... But, at this point it's a pipedream.

Not that I wouldn't also want a DKC stage, been wanting to see a Gangplank Galleon in the series for quite some time now.
I hear you, but if we get a Returns stage, it would most likely be another generic jungle with just some tiki elements imo

I'd like something that's not another generic jungle again and definitely not something as bad as Rumble Falls, period.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I'm with you there, that's why I'm hoping for a minecart stage. Something like that is capable of including multiple archetypes from the series, jungle included (because let's face it, we're getting a jungle stage one way or another).

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
As much as I want K. Rool, I'm starting to really hate MasterWarlord.
It's my fault, don't blame the entirety of the fanbase for my actions.

I posted this in the Dixie Kong thread for crap's sake, I was cringing so hard posting that in terms of potential reactions to come. I know I'm already extremely popular on these forums.

Regardless, I entirely 100% believe everything I said in that post, and have been saying all of these things for the past 7 years.

On the page that I took the quote from, there was also somebody replying to something I said ages and ages ago.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
As much as I want K. Rool, I'm starting to really hate the K. Rool fanbase.
I stopped visiting K. Rool's thread one or two weeks after I registered on SmashBoards. Some a lot of his fans and supporters are awful :/

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I see nothing wrong with the K. Rool fanbase. Do you guys just hate them because they don't want your character?

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Then we don't like you because you don't want our character and overestimate yours. :p

Really, are you going to keep on with this childish attitude?

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Reportedly Wolf was said to probably just be Fox's "dark" recolor from Brawl. Either way, not all of those are full skins, some are just recolors. Still, Diddy did have Dixie's outfit in Brawl.
Diddy didn't have Dixie's outfit in Brawl. He only had a pink version of his own shirt and hat... and he just dyed his hair lighter. He wasn't wearing Dixie's shirt and beret. He wasn't wearing a long blonde ponytail either.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I see nothing wrong with the K. Rool fanbase. Do you guys just hate them because they don't want your character?
It's some posts lately that are quite unnerving. Seriously, why is a fight going on at all? I'm pretty sure it's because K. Rool fans came in here and started being snobby.

So K. Rool fans are taking a pink Diddy palette swap as a win? I can't wait to see their responses if Dixie gets confirmed as playable.

And for people comparing this palette swap to Fox's Wolf recolor, that one is much closer to actually making him look like the character. I don't believe that rules out Wolf, either, but that changes almost everything about Fox to look like Wolf, whereas Diddy merely dyed his shirt pink.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaah...................I'm going to wait for an OFFICIAL DE-CONFIRMATION before I say Dixie's out of the running.............:ohwell:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Hmm I'm not as sure as you. It's just too similar to Dixie. If Dixie really was a character his alt would be more distinguishable to that of Dixie.

Take Pit and Dark Pit for example. Pit's black alt in Sm4sh is nowhere to be seen, but there's a purple one now, maybe replacing the black one because of DP. Why would Diddy be different?

Pit's alts in Brawl:

Dark Pit:

Pit's purple alt in Sm4sh:

Maybe that's because Dark Pit originated as a Pit alt, like Lucina did for Marth. When he seperated Dark Pit and Pit, he wouldn't have created Pit another Dark Pit palette, that would have made Dark Pit redundant.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Ugh. I can't stand all of this fighting between K. Rool and Dixie supporters. What about the people who support both? I may not support him more than Dixie, but I still consider myself a K. Rool supporter as well. Please don't generalize fanbases because of the opinions of one or a few.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
At this point, I'd rather that we get ONE DK newcomer than no new DK newcomer at all. I'd consider it insulting if we only got a token Wii U stage to compensate for the lack of...well, anything new that we've gotten in this game so far.

I want both of them in, but these past few weeks have left me pessimistic.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
It's some posts lately that are quite unnerving. Seriously, why is a fight going on at all? I'm pretty sure it's because K. Rool fans came in here and started being snobby.

So K. Rool fans are taking a pink Diddy palette swap as a win? I can't wait to see their responses if Dixie gets confirmed as playable.

And for people comparing this palette swap to Fox's Wolf recolor, that one is much closer to actually making him look like the character. I don't believe that rules out Wolf, either, but that changes almost everything about Fox to look like Wolf, whereas Diddy merely dyed his shirt pink.
Bias, bias, bias. Perfect example of total bias here. Jumping to conclusions, making assumptions, wishing unhappiness. You do realize that people need something to give them hope after the leak, right? So who can blame them for trying to find hope in something?

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Bias, bias, bias. Perfect example of total bias here. Jumping to conclusions, making assumptions, wishing unhappiness. You do realize that people need something to give them hope after the leak, right? So who can blame them for trying to find hope in something?
It's bias that I don't want K. Rool fans ****ting on the Dixie support thread? Get over yourself. Take your excitement to your own support thread.

Top Bottom