• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I fear DKCTF came out too late... And had Dixie been playable in DKCR, I'm certain we would know she'd be in. If we can have Rosalina in for SMG, and Bowser Jr/Koopalings + mini clown car in for NSMB, then DKCR would've easily been able to get a rep.

There's a sliver of hope, but man, it's a thin sliver. I want it so bad though, so so bad.

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
How would we feel if Dixie was just a Diddy Costume?

andimidna

Smash Master
How would we feel if Dixie was just a Diddy Costume?
If that ever happened during development, she would have been upgraded since Lucina was.
I'm saying that pretty confidently. They're both popular, but Dixie's more popular, and she's recurring in her series, and the major reason- DK representation is low and Fire Emblem representation is high.
I'm not saying that even using the series' merits.
Fire Emblem literally has more representation than DK, even if Dixie was to also get upgraded.
It got a unique newcomer and a new 3ds stage... and a new Wii U stage, but DK will get that much eventually.

Anyways, I don't think she was planned as an alt, but I'm not considering it impossible.
She'll probably either be a Wolf/Luigi-esque version of Diddy (as in, barely a clone, even though they use many of the same moves, it requires some different techniques, and some moves are completely different)
Or a unique character based off mainly her hair. I'd like to see some items and other references, but I'm not counting on it.

I do think she's still likely, maybe more just because she's always been a major contender and not because of leaks.

But there is one thing I think that I haven't seen brought up, even if Dixie is unique and has her own specials and hair attacks and all that, she should still take Diddy's Banana! Instant top-tier! :laugh:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
remind me if i'm wrong but wasn't Dixie meant to be in brawl as a partner for diddy but was cut and they just went with diddy.SO that means sakurai knows the character existent and by her almost being in brawl doesn't that mean she has a high change to be in this one

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If that ever happened during development, she would have been upgraded since Lucina was.
I'm saying that pretty confidently. They're both popular, but Dixie's more popular, and she's recurring in her series, and the major reason- DK representation is low and Fire Emblem representation is high.
I'm not saying that even using the series' merits.
Fire Emblem literally has more representation than DK, even if Dixie was to also get upgraded.
It got a unique newcomer and a new 3ds stage... and a new Wii U stage, but DK will get that much eventually.

Anyways, I don't think she was planned as an alt, but I'm not considering it impossible.
She'll probably either be a Wolf/Luigi-esque version of Diddy (as in, barely a clone, even though they use many of the same moves, it requires some different techniques, and some moves are completely different)
Or a unique character based off mainly her hair. I'd like to see some items and other references, but I'm not counting on it.

I do think she's still likely, maybe more just because she's always been a major contender and not because of leaks.

But there is one thing I think that I haven't seen brought up, even if Dixie is unique and has her own specials and hair attacks and all that, she should still take Diddy's Banana! Instant top-tier! :laugh:
If Dixie was originally planned to be a costume, she was probably the FIRST character separated off and made into her own character, and will likely be the most original of the "de-costumed" characters.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Alright, so that image is most likely fake now due to errors with fonts and math and such... That's relieving.

But there's still nothing solid out there that suggests Dixie though... Just keep those fingers crossed, guys.

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
Alright, so that image is most likely fake now due to errors with fonts and math and such... That's relieving.

But there's still nothing solid out there that suggests Dixie though... Just keep those fingers crossed, guys.
Sorry, haven't been keeping up.
What image was this again?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Sorry, haven't been keeping up.
What image was this again?
It was an image that showed Wolf and Impa as playables, but no DK newcomers, showing off comparisons between playable characters and how many wins/losses certain characters had against each other.

...which honestly doesn't make much sense overall. All the leak would've meant is that they hadn't unlocked any DK newcomers yet.

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Howdy! :D I'm completely new to Smash Boards but I just wanna say that I support Dixie! :D I always wanted Dixie in Brawl and was bummed that she wasn't. :/ Krystal and Dixie Kong are my only long awaited newcomers and I feel unsure of Krystal now but how knows.. :/

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Howdy! :D I'm completely new to Smash Boards but I just wanna say that I support Dixie! :D I always wanted Dixie in Brawl and was bummed that she wasn't. :/ Krystal and Dixie Kong are my only long awaited newcomers and I feel unsure of Krystal now but how knows.. :/
In that case, welcome to the Dixie thread, and to Smashboards in general! We may be down to the wire now, but Dixie can always use more supporters.

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Thanks! :D You now how happy I'd be if she had her hair whip ground from Tropical Freeze so I can sing:

"I whip my hair back & forth" xD!!! I should draw a new pic of her soon. :)

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So Shulk was confirmed...

I wonder if this reveal potentially boosted Dixie Kong's chances, considering that she was one of the leaked newcomers before Ninka/Vaanrose's credibility came to light.

At this point in time, I just want a DK newcomer. Whether it's K. Rool or Dixie, I'd rather have either one of them than no DK newcomer at all.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
I'm basically saying that she's confirmed at this point. Congratulations Dixie supporters!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm basically saying that she's confirmed at this point. Congratulations Dixie supporters!

Do you guys think we're having final roster here- meaning the leak pictures? After all, it could be that the screenshot with All Star being locked might be from different point of game's clearthrough (meaning that the roster and the All Star-pic aren't linked together.).

I'll be honest, I don't think she made it in guys. There's already just 2 more weeks to game's release. I think we'll see Duck Hunt Dog and Bowser Jr potentially as last reveals. Quite a shame because I would have loved a trailer for her.

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
There are likely no more trailers anyway, since the characters on the site match the assumed starting roster almost perfectly.

The end of the reveal trailers doesn't mean anything in regards to newcomers, known or otherwise.

Last edited:

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
There's absolutely nothing confirming her inclusion... why are you congratulating us? We have so little to go on, I don't think we should get our hopes up too high... ^^;

ihskeyp

Smash Ace

Do you guys think we're having final roster here- meaning the leak pictures? After all, it could be that the screenshot with All Star being locked might be from different point of game's clearthrough (meaning that the roster and the All Star-pic aren't linked together.).

I'll be honest, I don't think she made it in guys. There's already just 2 more weeks to game's release. I think we'll see Duck Hunt Dog and Bowser Jr potentially as last reveals. Quite a shame because I would have loved a trailer for her.
Why would the screenshot be from different playthroughs? You do realize esrb gets an unfinished game, and only video (they don't even play it) of a few matches to make sure nothing is too violent, and they get to see the possibly racy trophies and what not.
It's EXTREMELY likely that we will get to see more characters than from the leak, the leakers themselves even said this.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I'm staying cautiously optimistic. We have two weeks at the most before Japanese players reveal the entire roster (we might even get an early leak before then). At this point, we have the 4chan leak, but that has limited credibility. Perhaps that leaker saw the ESRB video and just added a few more characters to stir up trouble. Though, I should mention that adding 4 more characters (the leaker said Ridley, Chorus Men, Mewtwo, and Dixie) to the leak roster fits perfectly on the 3DS screen. I don't think Dixie is out of the picture, but I do think some people are jumping the gun a bit.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
No, we cannot confirm Dixie is in at all. No legitimate sources cite Dixie Kong as being an edition.

D

Deleted Member

I think Dixie has a strong chance of DLC. If Dixie ends up not making it into the initial roster, its probably due to her regaining relevancy a bit too recently. I didn't think Dixie would make it in at first due to not appearing in DKCR, but Tropical Freeze might help her (though it has the issue of being too new).

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
No, we cannot confirm Dixie is in at all. No legitimate sources cite Dixie Kong as being an edition.
Again, just because the 4Chan leak came out after the ninka leak doesn't mean it's 100% fake. You can't say r isn't legitimate just because it came later. It technically hasn't been disproven. I'm definitely not saying she's a shoe-in, but you know what I mean.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Again, just because the 4Chan leak came out after the ninka leak doesn't mean it's 100% fake. You can't say r isn't legitimate just because it came later. It technically hasn't been disproven. I'm definitely not saying she's a shoe-in, but you know what I mean.
A source isn't legitimate if it isn't backed up by any other evidence.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I'm starting to really doubt Dixie after seeing am updated roster screenshot from today...

http://i.imgur.com/6eZMdUN.jpg

The arrangement lines up with the leak, so I don't see it changing much, meaning, I don't see how they could add Dixie without rearranging it. Unless of course Dixie is placed alongside the clones near the bottom... I guess that's possible. I guess anything is possible, but still, it's not very hopeful.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I'm starting to really doubt Dixie after seeing am updated roster screenshot from today...

http://i.imgur.com/6eZMdUN.jpg

The arrangement lines up with the leak, so I don't see it changing much, meaning, I don't see how they could add Dixie without rearranging it. Unless of course Dixie is placed alongside the clones near the bottom... I guess that's possible. I guess anything is possible, but still, it's not very hopeful.
I'm a believer that Ridley's one of the remaining characters, and if he is, the Metroid section will have to be moved anyway to accommodate him, since Samus/Zamus are at the end of their row.

However, even if Ridley's not in the game, it's not unprecedented for rosters to move around as the player unlocks characters. Melee's roster moved around a bit. Pikachu starts out right next to Mario, and he moves down to the Pokemon section when Luigi is unlocked. Also, like you said, there is a chance that Dixie will end up in the "clone" section, as much as I (and most people in this thread) would prefer her being unique.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
That's the problem though, that roster and the leaked roster are the exact same arrangement, as if NOTHING moved around as characters were being unlocked... And that's what scares me.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
That's the problem though, that roster and the leaked roster are the exact same arrangement, as if NOTHING moved around as characters were being unlocked... And that's what scares me.
There are less characters there than in the leak. This doesn't prove anything bc we don't know how the CSS will change as you unlock the possible 4 last characters.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
They'd probably get added in without changing the arrangements just as we're seeing in the leak, that's the evidence that I'm talking about, no re-arranging is being done. When the last four or so characters get in, I don't see why they'd change the arrangement when nobody else did.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
They'd probably get added in without changing the arrangements just as we're seeing in the leak, that's the evidence that I'm talking about, no re-arranging is being done. When the last four or so characters get in, I don't see why they'd change the arrangement when nobody else did.
Even if they don't change the arrangement, I don't see how that would confirm or disconfirm anyone.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
True, Dixie still has a fragment of sliver of a chance, but I don't see how they could add her in next to Diddy on the roster without making some re-arrangements or breaking up some rows of characters (like, they wouldn't have Kirby and Dedede in one row and Metaknight in the next, it looks like they want them side by side in the same row).

iam8bit

Smash Ace
You do realize imbd gets an unfinished game, and only video (they don't even play it) of a few matches to make sure nothing is too violent, and they get to see the possibly racy trophies and what not.
You mean ESRB, not IMDB, right? :rotfl:

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
I'm gonna be disappointed if they don't have Dixie's alt from DKC2 cause I'd love to see her with that red ponytail and purple clothes in HD! ^^

Top Bottom