• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
She better have an original moveset. :demon:
Going by @ Juliusaurus Juliusaurus 's image, Dr Mario and Dark Pit are both titled as clones while Dixie is not. This is great news!

;-;

Looks like Dixie got in.

Stings as a huge K. Rool fan. But I'm really happy for the DK series as well as Dixie if it's true.

She's awesome and I look forward to seeing how she plays. :)
Ah! It sucks doesn't it. It's exactly what I felt when Ghirahim got deconfirmed. Anywho, K Rool will get in some way or another. You can look forward to that. :awesome:

I really really really hope this leak is true... really. If Dixie isn't in then like, I'm still going to get it but it won't be as good for me after having (stupidly) gotten my hopes up... >:\

... I really want to be skeptical and on some level I am just so I won't be too let down just in case it's fake... but like, at this point I've already pictured Dixie in the game and everytime I see her name on these lists part of me gets excited even though I know I should just wait... ugh... :(
By now, it's definitely real. I've found some footage not yet blocked by Nintendo:

Still no footage of Dixie though.:sadeyes:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Going by @ Juliusaurus Juliusaurus 's image, Dr Mario and Dark Pit are both titled as clones while Dixie is not. This is great news!

Ah! It sucks doesn't it. It's exactly what I felt when Ghirahim got deconfirmed. Anywho, K Rool will get in some way or another. You can look forward to that. :awesome:

By now, it's definitely real. I've found some footage not yet blocked by Nintendo:

Still no footage of Dixie though.:sadeyes:
Wait a minute, something's fishy here. In the victory screen, why does Lucina hold that same pose without moving a muscle while Shulk moves around? Also, why does the camera only zoom in on Shulk even though he was on a team with Lucina? Seems rather odd. The guy wasn't even playing as Shulk, so why is all the focus just on him?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
So the leak is legit...which means I'll be playing as Bowser Jr., Mac, Mega Man, and Dixie Kong. I'm saddened by the no K.Rool likelihood, but if he's truly not playable, please please PLEASE don't have Dixie as a clone, Sakurai. PLEASE!

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
omfg how have I not seen this thread. She's my favorite video game character. Oh god, I'm so hyped, please be true.
Sign me up.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
So, the leak is true, after all.

Fellow Dixie fans, I am dying to know: is it true that multiple leakers are stating that Dixie is in the game? I am dying with hype right now. If Dixie is really in the game, I am going to flip my ****.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
From what I've read, there were actually fakers pretending to be leakers (especially those mentioning Mewtwo, Ridley and Dixie). It appears they were throwing out the hopes of DLC-characters as fake, + pretended to know rest of the newcomers, usually pointing to the above three or Chorus Kids. Also the DLC-thing now being confirmed fake.

The real leaker with the images has still stated that they don't know what is the rest of the roster. So it seems up in the air who are the last newcomers.

If the All-Star being locked is any indication though, we haven't still seen all about the game, specifically the roster.

Back to the hoping table, I guess.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
From what I've read, there were actually fakers pretending to be leakers (especially those mentioning Mewtwo, Ridley and Dixie). It appears they were throwing out the hopes of DLC-characters as fake, + pretended to know rest of the newcomers, usually pointing to the above three or Chorus Kids. Also the DLC-thing now being confirmed fake.

The real leaker with the images has still stated that they don't know what is the rest of the roster. So it seems up in the air who are the last newcomers.

If the All-Star being locked is any indication though, we haven't still seen all about the game, specifically the roster.

I guess that's better than nothing. Unfortunately, that will probably mean the K. Rool vs Dixie debates will return. This is going to be a long 2 1/2 weeks.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I guess that's better than nothing. Unfortunately, that will probably mean the K. Rool vs Dixie debates will return. This is going to be a long 2 1/2 weeks.
It likely will not be over until the Wii U version.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Wait a minute, something's fishy here. In the victory screen, why does Lucina hold that same pose without moving a muscle while Shulk moves around? Also, why does the camera only zoom in on Shulk even though he was on a team with Lucina? Seems rather odd. The guy wasn't even playing as Shulk, so why is all the focus just on him?
Wow... that's some serious denial right there. :rotfl:
Let's remember that this game is still in development. It's still unfinished even with release so close. Maybe it could even be a glitch who knows.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Dixie would make me feel a little better about some of these terrible character choices.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I haven't posted here much, on account of being such a supporter of K. Rool, but anyone who knows me for that knows I also love Dixie and pretty much everything DKC. Looks like we're going balls-to-the-wall to see which, if any DK character has made it, and things are looking good for Dixie. And that's just fine. She honestly deserves it so hard.

Clone or no clone, she's a deserving female rep from a series that is desperately in need of more characters, and she and K. Rool fit so much it hurts.

C'mon, Dixie. Let's do this!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Reposting from the Chrous Kids thread

For what it's worth All Stars mode is locked, meaning that it might not be the full roster. Moreover, Barbara the Bat's trophy description is empty, and there are some typos in others. The videos COULD be an unfinished build, but still eligible to be rated. Regardless if it is the final build or not, the DVD does not need to show every hidden secret in the game, including characters.

Check this out.
During the final stages of development and prior to a game being released to the public, game publishers submit responses to a detailed written ESRB questionnaire (often supplementing such responses with lyric sheets, scripts, etc.), specifying exactly what pertinent content (as defined by ESRB) will be in their game.

Along with the written submission materials, publishers must provide a DVD that captures all pertinent content. This includes typical gameplay, missions, and cutscenes, along with the most extreme instances of content across all relevant categories including but not limited to violence, language, sex, controlled substances and gambling. Pertinent content that is not playable (i.e., "locked out") but will exist in the game code on the final game disc must also be disclosed.
ESRB does not need to know every content there is in the game, especially not hidden content UNLESS it's pertinent. We're possibly not looking at the whole picture here.

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace

But the reason everyone thinks Dixie is in is because there was a leak in July that had Bowser Jr in his clown car, Shulk, Duck Hunt Dog, Dr Mario, Dark Pit, Mewtwo, Dixie, Ridley, and I think one or two more people who I can't remember. Anyway it's basically a confirmed leak at this point considering Bowser Jr is in his clown car and DHD was leaked too.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
But the reason everyone thinks Dixie is in is because there was a leak in July that had Bowser Jr in his clown car, Shulk, Duck Hunt Dog, Dr Mario, Dark Pit, Mewtwo, Dixie, Ridley, and I think one or two more people who I can't remember. Anyway it's basically a confirmed leak at this point considering Bowser Jr is in his clown car and DHD was leaked too.
The problem is that leak was based on the leak that DIDN'T have Dixie, Ridley, Mewtwo, etc. in it. It was Ninka + extra characters. So it doesn't mean much, really. This would actually bode better for K. Rool than Dixie, due to all the Kremling teases, although at least one of them should be a given.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I've always been a far bigger supporter of King K. Rool, but if Dixie Kong is our new representative, then I'm a-OK with that as well, love the DK series and just wanna see it get some more love in the character department it can so easily feel with unique characters. I just really hope that Dixie Kong is in no way a clone, and is almost completely unique. Being a clone would be quite disappointing considering her potential (I don't wanna see her turn out like Shulk seems to have...)

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Wow... that's some serious denial right there. :rotfl:
Let's remember that this game is still in development. It's still unfinished even with release so close. Maybe it could even be a glitch who knows.
What are you talking about? I just pointed out something weird. Did I say I don't believe the leak? No, so don't be a jerk.:c

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I've always been a far bigger supporter of King K. Rool, but if Dixie Kong is our new representative, then I'm a-OK with that as well, love the DK series and just wanna see it get some more love in the character department it can so easily feel with unique characters. I just really hope that Dixie Kong is in no way a clone, and is almost completely unique. Being a clone would be quite disappointing considering her potential (I don't wanna see her turn out like Shulk seems to have...)
The only reason Dixie should be anything close to a clone is if we get both Dixie and K. Rool. And even then she should still mostly be unique, maybe with just a couple of cloned moves from Diddy/DK. We'll see, though.

andimidna

Smash Master
I haven't been here in a while because I lost some hope that she'd be added, But I've never been so hyped about the chances of so many of my most wanted characters. I really do think she'll be in... Again.
I expect her to basically be what Wolf is to Fox. Not on the same clone level as Lucina. But they could pull a Clown Copter/&Luma though and she'd be shockingly unique due to some gimmick we haven't considered. This is also pretty much how I feel about Impa right now. Man, the hype!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The only reason Dixie should be anything close to a clone is if we get both Dixie and K. Rool. And even then she should still mostly be unique, maybe with just a couple of cloned moves from Diddy/DK. We'll see, though.
Even if she for some inane reason ends up a clone or semi-clone of Diddy when it comes to her special moves... I just hope that she keeps her natural ability to float with her hair DKC2-style when you double jump and hold down the button like Peach's floating... that's the only way to differentiate her playstyle from Diddy's and then it wouldn't feel like she's a semi-clone... maybe a quarter-clone?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Seems quite a major blow... at least Chorus Kids seem around. Them singing mostly though sounds generic, since Rhythm Heaven is rife with stuff for them to pull from. No Doc?

Since he said he saw these newcomers in particular only (due no Doc around, it seems) this might still mean it's not the full roster? On the other hand we seem to have more evidence on newcomers and if they really match what they were described like if they actually show up.

I might still prepare for Dixie to be not shown along with Mewtwo and Ridley - though I'll still pick up Chorus Kids in place.

Last edited:

Bumbalobob

Smash Cadet
I couldn't find anything exact only that they do not think there are more characters (http://smashboards.com/threads/general-rumor-and-leaks-discussion-thread.354188/page-572). Although I easily could have missed something. That being said pessimism is probably the safer bet. And if there are more characters I think the only options would be Mewtwo, Dixie (clone) and Chorus Kids, as the are easily added to the existing CSS, that would also leave us with 4 more reveal trailers which is a bit much to me in all honesty (considering we a supposedly near the bottom of the barrel).

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
@vaanrose confirmed those newcomer list you been hearing are fake.
I think it's over for Dixie, it's pretty shocking to see her not on the roster, it's the same feeling I gave to Takamaru and Chrom.
It's not over, in the leaks, all star mode wasn't unlocked. There are still more characters.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Even if she for some inane reason ends up a clone or semi-clone of Diddy when it comes to her special moves... I just hope that she keeps her natural ability to float with her hair DKC2-style when you double jump and hold down the button like Peach's floating... that's the only way to differentiate her playstyle from Diddy's and then it wouldn't feel like she's a semi-clone... maybe a quarter-clone?
Dixie's signature trait is definitely her ponytail whirl. That is truly what sets her apart from any other character.

Ninka did not leak Dixie, he only leaked Dr. Mario, Pittoo, DHD, Bowser Jr., and Shulk.
And based on what I've heard, we know there are more characters, but none of the actual leaks had any credibility to them except the original, and Chorus Kids as far as I've heard doesn't have any credibility either. Basically, we know we have more characters, but we don't know how many, and who else they might be. From the DK franchise, Sakurai keeps teasing those Kremlings left and right by showing them off quite frequently. If I had to bet my money on any new DK character, I'd say its K. Rool at this point in time. Although in an ideal world we'd get both...

EDIT: And we could get neither, so I'm being cautious.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Dixie's signature trait is definitely her ponytail whirl. That is truly what sets her apart from any other character.

And based on what I've heard, we know there are more characters, but none of the actual leaks had any credibility to them except the original, and Chorus Kids as far as I've heard doesn't have any credibility either. Basically, we know we have more characters, but we don't know how many, and who else they might be. From the DK franchise, Sakurai keeps teasing those Kremlings left and right by showing them off quite frequently. If I had to bet my money on any new DK character, I'd say its K. Rool at this point in time. Although in an ideal world we'd get both...

EDIT: And we could get neither, so I'm being cautious.
Here's the original post:
So I got more info...
Unless my friend is pulling my leg, there's some pretty crazy crap left to be revealed.

-Snake, Lucas, Ice Climbers (Why), and Wolf are cut
-Doctor Mario is back as a clone
-Dark Pit is a newcomer as a clone
-Each character gets 8 alternate costumes, whether they be pallet swaps or new costumes.
-Alph appears as 4 of Olimar's costumes, while the other 4 are Olimar's.
-Shulk will be playable with Gaur Plains as his stage, his neutral B changes his Monado mode which essentially makes him dish more damage and take more, or do less damage, and take less.
-Bowser Jr appears as a new comer and allegedly fights from a mario kart... has no alt colors, but instead has the 7 koopalings as alts.
-Duck Hunt is in... from what I've been told it's the duck hunt dog fighting with ducks on his back who assist for certain attacks...

*Edit more info
-Shulk has like 5 different mode swaps
-Bowser Jr rides in a koopa kart that attacks with cannon balls and boxing gloves and stuff that eject from the clowns mouth.

note* The kart sounds more like the koopa clown car to me as I read it.

Now I'm not even sure from this stuff so take it with a grain of salt, but my friend recently quit as a tester due to family reasons, so if he decided he no longer cares what leaks, I could see why he'd tell me.
He was also unclear to me as to if that is the rest of the roster so also be wary.
And an additional one for clarification:
I just wanna throw this out there. The quoted part of this post is all my info. However I never mentioned anything about ridely mewtwo and dixie, so that person could possibly just be adding on to my leak.

I have though heard talks of more characters possibky being in as the guy who leaked the video has a copy of the game and admits that all star mode is still locked, something that makes no sense If he had the entire roster unlocked.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I'm really hoping she's in regardless of what the leakers say or know. Since everyone at least agrees there are characters left to unlock, hope is still there.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
There's hope, but I can't imagine we'd get Ridley, Mewtwo, and Dixie... That just sounds too good to be true, and it makes me doubt the validity of the rest of that list of characters we don't know about. Normally, the final hidden characters are either veterans or clones. Now, Dixie could be a clone of Diddy as much as Wolf is a clone of Fox, and Wolf was one of the final hidden characters, so I still have hope in that regard.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There's hope, but I can't imagine we'd get Ridley, Mewtwo, and Dixie... That just sounds too good to be true, and it makes me doubt the validity of the rest of that list of characters we don't know about. Normally, the final hidden characters are either veterans or clones. Now, Dixie could be a clone of Diddy as much as Wolf is a clone of Fox, and Wolf was one of the final hidden characters, so I still have hope in that regard.
Actually, if anything, I'd say the characters in the leak ARE the clones, they just weren't supposed to be revealed until last. Its likely they didn't include the most hype-inducing characters in the ESRB build just in case a leak happened. Not many of the characters in this leak are all that hype-inducing, really. Bowser Jr. and DHD to some (DHD was likely included in the build because the ESRB would need to know about a Dog that whacks opponents with ducks), Shulk to many--but his cloney moveset certainly isn't hype-inducing.

It still doesn't mean much for Dixie Kong, though, even though we should have both Dixie and K. Rool in this game, really.

NOTE: When I say "ESRB build," I mean the build used to send data to the ESRB. Obviously the ESRB doesn't actually have a build.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I'm still hoping for Dixie, and I personally think she has large chances still. We'll find out in a matter of days now, though. So we won't have to wait much longer to find out.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Actually, if anything, I'd say the characters in the leak ARE the clones, they just weren't supposed to be revealed until last. Its likely they didn't include the most hype-inducing characters in the ESRB build just in case a leak happened. Not many of the characters in this leak are all that hype-inducing, really. Bowser Jr. and DHD to some (DHD was likely included in the build because the ESRB would need to know about a Dog that whacks opponents with ducks), Shulk to many--but his cloney moveset certainly isn't hype-inducing.

It still doesn't mean much for Dixie Kong, though, even though we should have both Dixie and K. Rool in this game, really.

NOTE: When I say "ESRB build," I mean the build used to send data to the ESRB. Obviously the ESRB doesn't actually have a build.
Dixie isn't leagues above Bowser Jr. in terms of hype, and definitely would not have a moveset as unique as his, so by your logic she probably would've been leaked too if she was in the game.

I don't know why everyone was so confident that we were getting 2 DK reps. As I've been saying this whole time, 2 DK reps is logical but Sakurai isn't logical.

The roster has turned out to be pretty similar to what I had always expected; lots of clones, smaller than what a lot expected, and disproportionate franchise representation.

Of course, we could still get two reps. I highly doubt Jungle Japes is the only DK stage in the game, so it's possible a lot of DK content is still hidden.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Dixie isn't leagues above Bowser Jr. in terms of hype, and definitely would not have a moveset as unique as his, so by your logic she probably would've been leaked too if she was in the game.

I don't know why everyone was so confident that we were getting 2 DK reps. As I've been saying this whole time, 2 DK reps is logical but Sakurai isn't logical.

The roster has turned out to be pretty similar to what I had always expected; lots of clones, smaller than what a lot expected, and disproportionate franchise representation.

Of course, we could still get two reps. I highly doubt Jungle Japes is the only DK stage in the game, so it's possible a lot of DK content is still hidden.
2 DK characters would be hype, DK is huge amounts of hype. But I never really said anything about Dixie. K. Rool would be far more hypeworthy than Dixie and out of the two, K. Rool is more likely based on the teases. As for why people expected 2 DK characters, barely anyone did. The only reason the idea came up is after Robin and Lucina, the most logical franchise to get two new reps after that was DK. I did think two DK reps was quite possible, and at some points I thought it was very likely, but I never thought it was a guarantee we'd get two DK reps.

And for stages... I'd say we are getting another DK stage, and I'm betting its a factory stage because the Barrel Ride music being used is SPECIFICALLY the factory music, out of all possible Rocket Barrel Ride tracks they could've used, they picked Gear Getaway. Factories are a huge theme in DK games in general, as well, (plus it'd be the perfect fit for a K. Rool stage).

Dixie unfortunately looks less likely. The only thing ever going for Dixie was Tropical Freeze (and there's nothing to suggest that Sakurai had any knowledge of Dixie being in TF when the roster was decided) and the leaks, and the leaks do not support Dixie at this point.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace

She's actually quite a bit more popular than Bowser Jr.... If smashboards is anything to go by (I guess it isn't, but she seems to have a sturdier fanbase than his)

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
@vaanrose confirmed those newcomer list you been hearing are fake.
I think it's over for Dixie, it's pretty shocking to see her not on the roster, it's the same feeling I gave to Takamaru and Chrom.
Is it just me, or do you jump to conclusions very quickly?

Now I'm not saying Dixie is definitely in, but the version of the story I heard was that, before the Ninka leak was made public, the 4chan leak that included Bowser Jr., Duck Hunt, Dixie, Ridley, and Mewtwo (and I think Dark Pit and Dr. Mario) appeared. That's why speculation for those three is at an all-time high.

Is this not the correct version of the story?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Is it just me, or do you jump to conclusions very quickly?

Now I'm not saying Dixie is definitely in, but the version of the story I heard was that, before the Ninka leak was made public, the 4chan leak that included Bowser Jr., Duck Hunt, Dixie, Ridley, and Mewtwo (and I think Dark Pit and Dr. Mario) appeared. That's why speculation for those three is at an all-time high.

Is this not the correct version of the story?
Apparently that story is wrong, the 4chan leak came AFTER the Ninka leak. They even quote the Ninka leak in that same post. I thought that leak came first, but it didn't, Ninka did.

Last edited:
Top Bottom