• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
So are we getting Dixie, or we're not getting Dixie, what the heck is happening? Are you guys saying that Dixie never really had anything going for her?

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Apparently that story is wrong, the 4chan leak came AFTER the Ninka leak. They even quote the Ninka leak in that same post. I thought that leak came first, but it didn't, Ninka did.
Are you sure? The Ninka thread says:
>Dixie
>Shulk
>Chorus Men
>Ridley
>Bowser Jr
>Mewtwo
>Duck Hunt Dog

No info on reveal dates. Please do not ask

I do not know more.

That maybe all. Was not told
This went along with our data and theories, yet we never made any of what we learned public. Of course 4chan leak, so grain of salt as with all leaks, but it's still interesting considering the timing and the level of detail between it and our findings, let alone it does not conflict with any of our active leaks. He also says he doesn't know if there are any other characters missing, which could be Doc and Dark Pit.

(It was Shulk and Chorus Men, not Dark Pit and Doc, but yeah)
The language strongly suggests that the 4chan leak appeared online first, and is supposedly coming directly from the Ninka/Vaanrose/whoever themselves.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So are we getting Dixie, or we're not getting Dixie, what the heck is happening? Are you guys saying that Dixie never really had anything going for her?
Dixie had a couple things going for her, but pretty much every reason has been debunked, and Sakurai keeps teasing those Kritters by showing them off quite frequently.

The main things going for Dixie:

Dixie's return in Tropical Freeze.
POSSIBLY DEBUNKED - As far as we are aware, Sakurai did not contact Retro and had no idea Tropical Freeze was in development at the start of Smash when the roster was finalized.

The Forbidden Seven.
DEBUNKED - Dixie was confirmed to have been planned to be part of a tag team with Diddy Kong, not as a separate character. That doesn't really help her at all.

The leaks.
DEBUNKED - All of the leaks except the original Ninka leak are invalid. We know there are more characters, but the only thing really going for Dixie Kong WERE the leaks.

Dixie has not been teased in any way, while Sakurai loves to keep posting that stupid Kritter trophy, which would actually be teasing K. Rool rather than Dixie. While Dixie does have TF, no signs point to any TF content at this point, and it looks like we might get a factory stage based on Returns 3DS... which would likely hint at a jungle stage from Returns for Wii U.

The language strongly suggests that the 4chan leak appeared online first, and is supposedly coming directly from the Ninka/Vaanrose/whoever themselves.
I've been hearing the exact opposite everywhere I go. The original Ninka leak did not include Dixie, Chorus Men, or Ridley, they were added in a separate leak which is the one people keep posting. At first I heard that leak came first, but then I heard the opposite, the Ninka leak was first, and there was nothing to suggest Dixie, Chorus Men, or Ridley were mentioned at all in the original leak.

I would put my money on Ridley, but overall Sakurai keeps teasing the Kremlings return more than anything else as far as DK content goes, and as we've heard, there are even more Kremlings we haven't seen yet, that "larger" Kremling. Sakurai seems to be pushing the Kremlings quite a bit, even though they haven't appeared at all in the most recent games.

Regardless I still say we should have both K. Rool AND Dixie Kong.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace

Is that really the original? If it is, basically everyone on here has been misinformed and Dixie has a huge shot.
Dixie had a couple things going for her, but pretty much every reason has been debunked, and Sakurai keeps teasing those Kritters by showing them off quite frequently.

POSSIBLY DEBUNKED - As far as we are aware, Sakurai did not contact Retro and had no idea Tropical Freeze was in development at the start of Smash when the roster was finalized.

The Forbidden Seven.
DEBUNKED - Dixie was confirmed to have been planned to be part of a tag team with Diddy Kong, not as a separate character. That doesn't really help her at all.

The leaks.
DEBUNKED - All of the leaks except the original Ninka leak are invalid. We know there are more characters, but the only thing really going for Dixie Kong WERE the leaks.

Dixie has not been teased in any way, while Sakurai loves to keep posting that stupid Kritter trophy, which would actually be teasing K. Rool rather than Dixie. While Dixie does have TF, no signs point to any TF content at this point, and it looks like we might get a factory stage based on Returns 3DS... which would likely hint at a jungle stage from Returns for Wii U.

I've been hearing the exact opposite everywhere I go. The original Ninka leak did not include Dixie, Chorus Men, or Ridley, they were added in a separate leak which is the one people keep posting. At first I heard that leak came first, but then I heard the opposite, the Ninka leak was first, and there was nothing to suggest Dixie, Chorus Men, or Ridley were mentioned at all in the original leak.

I would put my money on Ridley, but overall Sakurai keeps teasing the Kremlings return more than anything else as far as DK content goes, and as we've heard, there are even more Kremlings we haven't seen yet, that "larger" Kremling. Sakurai seems to be pushing the Kremlings quite a bit, even though they haven't appeared at all in the most recent games.

Regardless I still say we should have both K. Rool AND Dixie Kong.
The leaks are debunked just because they aren't the original ninka? Even if ninka didn't originally say Dixie, I think it'd be strange for someone In July to use the same leak and add in considering ninka at the time had nothing going for him/her and nobody really believed it and it was swiped under the bus. Multiple people leaked Dixie, and just so you know, the original imbd leaker sent his info to a bunch if his friends (apparently) so multiple people would've had the ability to leak, so just because one came before the other doesn't make it fake.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Is that really the original? If it is, basically everyone on here has been misinformed and Dixie has a huge shot.

The leaks are debunked just because they aren't the original ninka? Even if ninka didn't originally say Dixie, I think it'd be strange for someone In July to use the same leak and add in considering ninka at the time had nothing going for him/her and nobody really believed it and it was swiped under the bus. Multiple people leaked Dixie, and just so you know, the original imbd leaker sent his info to a bunch if his friends (apparently) so multiple people would've had the ability to leak, so just because one came before the other doesn't make it fake.
No, they've been debunked by several of the screenshot/video leakers as legit leaks. I've seen these brought up quite a few times already. The Ninka leak not being the original doesn't deconfirm other leaks, but it makes them more questionable. If it was part of the original leak (as far as I've heard it wasn't), it'd have some credibility, but I haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise.

Dixie could still be in, but nothing supports her inclusion at this point.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I always wanted Dixie to be a playable character. Just hope she isn't a complete clone of Diddy Kong.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
No, they've been debunked by several of the screenshot/video leakers as legit leaks. I've seen these brought up quite a few times already. The Ninka leak not being the original doesn't deconfirm other leaks, but it makes them more questionable. If it was part of the original leak (as far as I've heard it wasn't), it'd have some credibility, but I haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise.

Dixie could still be in, but nothing supports her inclusion at this point.
Another leak appearing before the Ninka leak that doesn't contradict it and even has some similar and unexpected newcomers definitely has some credibility to it. Besides, the idea that one leak being proven true debunks another that doesn't contradict it is pretty ignorant. If anything, it supports it.

I'm still skeptical about the 4chan leak myself, but it has more credibility than you're giving it.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Another leak appearing before the Ninka leak that doesn't contradict it and even has some similar and unexpected newcomers definitely has some credibility to it. Besides, the idea that one leak being proven true debunks another that doesn't contradict it is pretty ignorant. If anything, it supports it.

I'm still skeptical about the 4chan leak myself, but it has more credibility than you're giving it.
Here's the thing, as far as I have heard, it DIDN'T come before the Ninka leak. At first I thought that it did, but from what I've heard more recently, that was debunked. It came days after the Ninka leak, and even quoted the original Ninka leak in the same post. If it came before the Ninka leak, it'd have some credibility.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Here's the thing, as far as I have heard, it DIDN'T come before the Ninka leak. At first I thought that it did, but from what I've heard more recently, that was debunked. It came days after the Ninka leak, and even quoted the original Ninka leak in the same post. If it came before the Ninka leak, it'd have some credibility.
I am pretty confident it did not quote the original Ninka leak, though I can't find it now so it's hard to be sure. And as was mentioned by ihskeyp, at the time the 4chan leak appeared, even if it did come later, the Ninka leak wasn't well-known and wasn't really taken seriously, so why would someone try to springboard off it?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I am pretty confident it did not quote the original Ninka leak, though I can't find it now so it's hard to be sure. And as was mentioned by ihskeyp, at the time the 4chan leak appeared, even if it did come later, the Ninka leak wasn't well-known and wasn't really taken seriously, so why would someone try to springboard off it?
As far as I'm aware, this is the original most-often cited one that is continuously debunked, stating that Dixie/Mewtwo/Ridley/Chorus Men are only speculation and weren't actually legitimately leaked: http://i.imgur.com/qNLc9DE.jpg

Dunno what site this snapshot was taken from, but its been posted in several locations, including in the Character Support Thread and has been stated to be debunked. The only known leaked characters are in the recent leaked CSS, the remaining characters are still completely unknown.

Frankly I'd say the ideal lineup would be Ridley, Dixie, K. Rool, Isaac, and Mewtwo, but Sakurai doesn't always do what's ideal, eh?

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
As far as I'm aware, this is the original most-often cited one that is continuously debunked, stating that Dixie/Mewtwo/Ridley/Chorus Men are only speculation and weren't actually legitimately leaked: http://i.imgur.com/qNLc9DE.jpg

Dunno what site this snapshot was taken from, but its been posted in several locations, including in the Character Support Thread and has been stated to be debunked. The only known leaked characters are in the recent leaked CSS, the remaining characters are still completely unknown.

Frankly I'd say the ideal lineup would be Ridley, Dixie, K. Rool, Isaac, and Mewtwo, but Sakurai doesn't always do what's ideal, eh?
The one I'm referring to (this isn't the direct source, but it's all I could find for now) was this: http://i.imgur.com/unFcxj6.png

And it turns it was indeed about 6 days after the Ninka leak was made public, but it's still peculiar for reasons stated. In addition, if it was really riding off the Ninka leak, I think it would have included Dr. Mario and Dark Pit, but that's just pointless extra speculation for now.

Again, I don't fully believe anything without visual proof, this leak included. But I would say it has some credibility to it and shouldn't just be tossed aside.

I also really want it to be true, because Dixie is now my most-wanted unrevealed newcomer and her, Ridley, and Mewtwo would help ease the pain of the lost Ice Climbers.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The one I'm referring to (this isn't the direct source, but it's all I could find for now) was this: http://i.imgur.com/unFcxj6.png

And it turns it was indeed about 6 days after the Ninka leak was made public, but it's still peculiar for reasons stated. In addition, if it was really riding off the Ninka leak, I think it would have included Dr. Mario and Dark Pit, but that's just pointless extra speculation for now.

Again, I don't fully believe anything without visual proof, this leak included. But I would say it has some credibility to it and shouldn't just be tossed aside.

I also really want it to be true, because Dixie is now my most-wanted unrevealed newcomer and her, Ridley, and Mewtwo would help ease the pain of the lost Ice Climbers.
It shouldn't be tossed aside, but it shouldn't be taken for granted at all. Other than this leak, there's nothing supporting Dixie at all, and if there is a DK newcomer, Sakurai is actually teasing those Kremlings, which would hint at K. Rool more than Dixie. The evidence at this point really supports K. Rool moreso than Dixie, but it could go either way. I'm just clarifying. I'd rather have K. Rool over Dixie, even though ideally we should have both.

If we do get Dixie as playable, though, I'd love it, she is my favorite DK character and I'd probably main her. But I'd also main K. Rool, and I really think K. Rool should be playable first (and evidence points more towards K. Rool than Dixie). We'll see how things play out, though.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman

The Forbidden Seven.

The leaks.
Nah, I have to disagree on these reasons, or at least the first two. The third one I don't care about.

Okay, Tropical Freeze isn't getting any representation as far as we know but it's still not out of possibility. So far, the only DK content has been 2 returning veterans, a song from Returns and the Kremlings (I'm sure there's more I haven't found but you get the jist of it). That's hardly anything. Maybe, the rest of the representation shall be given to the classic DK games or Returns instead or there isn't much left to show for DK but still, it's not out of possibility. X and Y is getting a plethora of representation which only launched a single month before Tropical Freeze's planned release date. Tropical Freeze also had a much longer development than X and Y ever had.

Sure, Dixie was planned to be in a duo with Diddy before Sakurai couldn't make it work but the fact that he considered her is still something that is great for her chances. Sakurai has already revisited old ideas. Villager was 'unfit for battle' in Brawl yet he's seen here. Miyamoto suggested Pac-Man to Sakurai but he thought an incomplete pizza shape would be too farfetched for a character. Dr Mario is back too who was also part of the forbidden 7.

It's not over for Dixie yet.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Nah, I have to disagree on these reasons, or at least the first two. The third one I don't care about.

Okay, Tropical Freeze isn't getting any representation as far as we know but it's still not out of possibility. So far, the only DK content has been 2 returning veterans, a song from Returns and the Kremlings (I'm sure there's more I haven't found but you get the jist of it). That's hardly anything. Maybe, the rest of the representation shall be given to the classic DK games or Returns instead or there isn't much left to show for DK but still, it's not out of possibility. X and Y is getting a plethora of representation which only launched a single month before Tropical Freeze's planned release date. Tropical Freeze also had a much longer development than X and Y ever had.

Sure, Dixie was planned to be in a duo with Diddy before Sakurai couldn't make it work but the fact that he considered her is still something that is great for her chances. Sakurai has already revisited old ideas. Villager was 'unfit for battle' in Brawl yet he's seen here. Miyamoto suggested Pac-Man to Sakurai but he thought an incomplete pizza shape would be too farfetched for a character. Dr Mario is back too who was also part of the forbidden 7.

It's not over for Dixie yet.
Well, that's not the point I was trying to make. What I'm implying is, there's nothing hinting at Dixie at all. Its not over for Dixie, but as a whole, there's far more going for K. Rool at this point than Dixie. All of the reasons for people suggesting Dixie having higher chances of Dixie being playable over K. Rool are irrelevant or have been debunked in some way, and Sakurai is actively teasing those Kritters left and right, and the current leak debunks any arguments of relevance being a factor against K. Rool (and without Tropical Freeze, nothing inherently benefits Dixie over K. Rool).

That's all I was trying to say.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
"Far more" going for K. Rool, yet all there is to cite is kritters? That isn't much to go on, and it could just as easily lead to him being a stage/smash run boss.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
"Far more" going for K. Rool, yet all there is to cite is kritters? That isn't much to go on, and it could just as easily lead to him being a stage/smash run boss.
Smash Run boss is not happening at all, I don't know why people keep citing that. Stage boss, maybe. As far as K. Rool, though, no, its not all about Kritters. My point is that Sakurai keeps teasing those Kritters, and as a whole, in the DK franchise there's far more going for K. Rool. K. Rool is far more requested than Dixie Kong for Smash Bros., he's far more popular (among the most requested characters worldwide), in the DK franchise as a whole he's been around longer than Dixie Kong (yeah its only one game, but its a huge thing to note) and he's appeared in more central roles than Dixie Kong has.

Prior to Tropical Freeze, Dixie and K. Rool last appeared at the same time. After DKC3, Dixie wasn't seen for about 6 years, around the same length of time both K. Rool and Dixie were absent this time around. Dixie last appearance as a main character in a DK game, period, prior to Tropical Freeze was DKC3. K. Rool continued to be the main antagonist of DK64, Jungle Climber, and King of Swing, while Dixie was relegated to a mere cameo in those games.

Look, I love Dixie Kong, I really do, but literally the ONLY thing going for Dixie Kong over K. Rool was her returning to the DK franchise before K. Rool did. K. Rool has always had more central roles than Dixie Kong, except for the one time she was the title character of the game in DKC3 (and TF where K. Rool was absent), and both have appeared in about the same number of games, too.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Smash Run boss is not happening at all, I don't know why people keep citing that. Stage boss, maybe. As far as K. Rool, though, no, its not all about Kritters. My point is that Sakurai keeps teasing those Kritters, and as a whole, in the DK franchise there's far more going for K. Rool. K. Rool is far more requested than Dixie Kong for Smash Bros., he's far more popular (among the most requested characters worldwide), in the DK franchise as a whole he's been around longer than Dixie Kong (yeah its only one game, but its a huge thing to note) and he's appeared in more central roles than Dixie Kong has.

Prior to Tropical Freeze, Dixie and K. Rool last appeared at the same time. After DKC3, Dixie wasn't seen for about 6 years, around the same length of time both K. Rool and Dixie were absent this time around. Dixie last appearance as a main character in a DK game, period, prior to Tropical Freeze was DKC3. K. Rool continued to be the main antagonist of DK64, Jungle Climber, and King of Swing, while Dixie was relegated to a mere cameo in those games.

Look, I love Dixie Kong, I really do, but literally the ONLY thing going for Dixie Kong over K. Rool was her returning to the DK franchise before K. Rool did. K. Rool has always had more central roles than Dixie Kong, except for the one time she was the title character of the game in DKC3 (and TF where K. Rool was absent), and both have appeared in about the same number of games, too.
I'm not saying Dixie is definitely getting in before K. Rool. I actually think their chances are pretty much equal at this point. K. Rool is more requested, but they're both pretty well-requested, their relevance to their series amounts to basically being equal + Dixie starred in a game, Dixie has recency on her side, and both could probably have good and unique movesets.

I honestly doubt the post-Country/pre-Returns era is going to mean a thing in regards to which could get chosen first as a playable character. If K. Rool got on, he'd likely be based on his old DKC appearances.

Plus I'd like to add the forbidden 7 presence. Yes, I know you think that doesn't mean anything, but I disagree. We don't know how exactly Sakurai was planning to do a Diddy/Dixie combo (would it be like Ice Climbers? Rosalina & Luma? Something else?), and it's very possible that he'd want to revisit whatever he might have been planning to put her in as a solo player.

It's also extremely unlikely that Sakurai wouldn't have known of her presence in Tropical Freeze when deciding the roster. He added Roy in Melee and Greninja here. It's clear that he has knowledge of the inner workings of upcoming games, and that can easily influence decisions.

Why is Smash Run boss out of the question? Haven't we heard that Smash Run will/might have bosses? What with the Kritters being there, K. Rool would be prime for that position.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm not saying Dixie is definitely getting in before K. Rool. I actually think their chances are pretty much equal at this point. K. Rool is more requested, but they're both pretty well-requested, their relevance to their series amounts to basically being equal + Dixie starred in a game, Dixie has recency on her side, and both could probably have good and unique movesets.

I honestly doubt the post-Country/pre-Returns era is going to mean a thing in regards to which could get chosen first as a playable character. If K. Rool got on, he'd likely be based on his old DKC appearances.

Plus I'd like to add the forbidden 7 presence. Yes, I know you think that doesn't mean anything, but I disagree. We don't know how exactly Sakurai was planning to do a Diddy/Dixie combo (would it be like Ice Climbers? Rosalina & Luma? Something else?), and it's very possible that he'd want to revisit whatever he might have been planning to put her in as a solo player.

It's also extremely unlikely that Sakurai wouldn't have known of her presence in Tropical Freeze when deciding the roster. He added Roy in Melee and Greninja here. It's clear that he has knowledge of the inner workings of upcoming games, and that can easily influence decisions.

Why is Smash Run boss out of the question? Haven't we heard that Smash Run will/might have bosses? What with the Kritters being there, K. Rool would be prime for that position.
Because none of the Smash Run bosses are major bosses at all, let alone main antagonists. The bosses are either minibosses or upscaled regular enemies.

As for Dixie vs. K. Rool... yeah, I agree, they're about even but I think K. Rool has the slight edge over Dixie at this point. Ideally we SHOULD have both of them, though.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I still think characters like K. Rool and Ridley might be being saved for the Wii U release. I'd love to be surprised with them in the base game, though!

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I'm with Parallel_Falcon in saying it's a toss up at this point. We all know that there are more characters to come past the ESRB leak and Dixie and K. Rool both have many things going for them. Dixie has the 4chan leak. K. Rool has the Kremlings in Smash Run. Dixie has been considered before (even if she was originally going to be on a tag team with Diddy, Sakurai still spent at least a little bit of time imagining how she would work). K. Rool has plenty of poularity. I personally believe it could go either way.

I'm pretty sure that the last remaining characters are being saved for trailers, and it's possible that Mewtwo, Ridley, and K. Rool are being saved for a villains trailer. However, as absurd as it may sound to some, I think that there's also a slim chance that Dixie could be a unique newcomer and get her own trailer and K. Rool could get the shaft. However, at this point, since it's up in the air, I'm not expecting Dixie. It's safer that way. I would much prefer getting both K. Rool and Dixie, but I don't think we're getting both with how recent events have unfolded.

If you want my personal opinion on who the remaining characters are, here's my prediction:

Ridley
Dixie or K. Rool
Chorus Kids
Mewtwo

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Because none of the Smash Run bosses are major bosses at all, let alone main antagonists. The bosses are either minibosses or upscaled regular enemies.

As for Dixie vs. K. Rool... yeah, I agree, they're about even but I think K. Rool has the slight edge over Dixie at this point. Ideally we SHOULD have both of them, though.
Yeah, I'd agree. Diddy should have been in Melee, either K. Rool or Dixie should have been in Brawl (probably K. Rool for that point in time), and the other should have made it here. I find it pretty doubtful we'd get both now, though. And I don't know if you think it or not, but before you say Dixie could be a Diddy clone (a lot of people do), that would really make very little sense.

Personally I want Dixie much more than K. Rool, so getting K. Rool instead would be a bit of a disappointment for me, but I could definitely accept him as a good addition to the roster. Besides, I already got my most wanted newcomers in the unluckiest of situations (:4robinf::4lucina:).

Koopaul

Smash Champion
At this point I could take any Donkey Kong character. The fact that DK is not getting a new stage in the 3DS version makes me very sad. We NEED another DK character.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, I'd agree. Diddy should have been in Melee, either K. Rool or Dixie should have been in Brawl (probably K. Rool for that point in time), and the other should have made it here. I find it pretty doubtful we'd get both now, though. And I don't know if you think it or not, but before you say Dixie could be a Diddy clone (a lot of people do), that would really make very little sense.

Personally I want Dixie much more than K. Rool, so getting K. Rool instead would be a bit of a disappointment for me, but I could definitely accept him as a good addition to the roster. Besides, I already got my most wanted newcomers in the unluckiest of situations (:4robinf::4lucina:).
I hate when people bring up Dixie being a clone, but in theory, she could be... but only a barebones clone with slight similarities to Diddy.

At this point I could take any Donkey Kong character. The fact that DK is not getting a new stage in the 3DS version makes me very sad. We NEED another DK character.
Actually, I think this is wrong. I think DK IS getting a new stage on 3DS. If Mother and F-Zero can get new stages, DK and Metroid are basically guaranteed new stages, and I think its going to be a Factory stage at this point. "Gear Getaway" kinda gives it away. He could've picked literally any Rocket Barrel theme, why the Factory version of it? The stage list on 3DS is undoubtedly incomplete, there's likely several stages missing, not just one.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Why do people insist that the kremlins are only indicative of K. Rool? They're also indicative of the original DKC trilogy as a whole. And who starred in two-thirds of those games? Dixie.

There's nothing concrete to suggest Dixie or K. Rool will be playable, DLC or not. However, between the two, I still think Dixie is more likely.

Only time will tell.

I'd love to see Dixie show up. I'm playing Tropical Freeze for the first time right now. She's so friggin cute. :3

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Why do people insist that the kremlins are only indicative of K. Rool? They're also indicative of the original DKC trilogy as a whole. And who starred in two-thirds of those games? Dixie.

There's nothing concrete to suggest Dixie or K. Rool will be playable, DLC or not. However, between the two, I still think Dixie is more likely.

Only time will tell.

I'd love to see Dixie show up. I'm playing Tropical Freeze for the first time right now. She's so friggin cute. :3
That's... a stretch. K. Rool is the leader of the Kremlings and is more popular. There's nothing inherently hinting at Dixie at all, and the only thing going for Dixie is that at one time Sakurai considered Dixie being part of a tag team with Diddy. The Kremlings have appeared without Dixie, but they've never appeared as random enemies without K. Rool, and have barely appeared in games without K. Rool. More specifically the Kritters, who only appeared in the Super Mario Strikers games (as a goalie, not even as random enemies) and one generic Kritter created for Diddy Kong Racing, and even then he was still sent on the mission by K. Rool anyway.

I still think we should have both, even if it seems unlikely at this point.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
That's... a stretch. K. Rool is the leader of the Kremlings and is more popular. There's nothing inherently hinting at Dixie at all, and the only thing going for Dixie is that at one time Sakurai considered Dixie being part of a tag team with Diddy. The Kremlings have appeared without Dixie, but they've never appeared as random enemies without K. Rool, and have barely appeared in games without K. Rool. More specifically the Kritters, who only appeared in the Super Mario Strikers games (as a goalie, not even as random enemies) and one generic Kritter created for Diddy Kong Racing, and even then he was still sent on the mission by K. Rool anyway.

I was just playing decil's advocate. I do that a lot. No, you make good points and I don't disagree, but consider this: even if K. Rool is indeed the more popular choice, Dixie might still be the logical and/or easy to implent choice.

As we know, ease of implimentation is a factor, in the case of clones/semiclones and model/animation bases like Capt Falcon to Little Mac. Dixie would be relatively easy to create from Diddy, as compared to K. Rool, who wouldbasically have to be buit from scratch. Furthermore, the popular choice (Chrom) doesn't always trump the logical one (Robin).

In any case, I also agree, both K. Rool and Dixie deserve to be in. :)

But like I said, only time will tell.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I was just playing decil's advocate. I do that a lot. No, you make good points and I don't disagree, but consider this: even if K. Rool is indeed the more popular choice, Dixie might still be the logical and/or easy to implent choice.

As we know, ease of implimentation is a factor, in the case of clones/semiclones and model/animation bases like Capt Falcon to Little Mac. Dixie would be relatively easy to create from Diddy, as compared to K. Rool, who wouldbasically have to be buit from scratch. Furthermore, the popular choice (Chrom) doesn't always trump the logical one (Robin).

In any case, I also agree, both K. Rool and Dixie deserve to be in. :)

But like I said, only time will tell.
There's a huge difference between Chrom and K. Rool, though: K. Rool would have a very original moveset. Same goes for Dixie, so the argument doesn't work very well. Dixie being easy to create is actually a point towards getting both, really. Because Dixie theoretically could be easy to create (I don't see how she's any easier than K. Rool unless she's got cloned moves from Diddy, the model isn't something that's really difficult for professional developers to create), they could justify the time spent to make Dixie in addition to K. Rool, especially since DK really is popular enough to get four reps.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
So rumor says Dixie is only a trophy, and that the last remaining characters are Lucas, Wolf, an individual Ice Climber, and Marshall from Rhythm Heaven... That would certainly be pretty disappointing, but I can't say it doesn't sound possible.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So rumor says Dixie is only a trophy, and that the last remaining characters are Lucas, Wolf, an individual Ice Climber, and Marshall from Rhythm Heaven... That would certainly be pretty disappointing, but I can't say it doesn't sound possible.
Haven't heard this one, but I doubt that. Everything we know so far implies that Lucas, Wolf, and Ice Climbers are flat out cut. Where'd this come from?

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Some leaker on neogaf, not sure how reliable the person is, but he seemed well informed. I mean, I hope he's wrong, obviously, but it's one of those "lower your expectation" sort of leaks.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Some leaker on neogaf, not sure how reliable the person is, but he seemed well informed. I mean, I hope he's wrong, obviously, but it's one of those "lower your expectation" sort of leaks.
I don't take any "pure text leaks" for granted whatsoever. Leaks are only valid if there's other evidence to support it.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I can definitely agree with that. I hate that DK is being shaft again by Sakurai as far as we know.

If you want my personal opinion on who the remaining characters are, here's my prediction:

Ridley
Dixie or K. Rool
Chorus Kids
Mewtwo
Actually, from the image of the roster, there are 5 remaining slots.

To be honest, I don't really see the Kremlings as much of a hint at all. They are the most iconic and generic enemy in the DK universe. It's not a surprise that they appear as an enemy in this game.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Actually, from the image of the roster, there are 5 remaining slots.
I counted Mii Fighters as the 5th character, since that slot wasn't in the leak (likely due to Customizations being turned off). However, you could be right in saying that. We don't know how Mii Fighters are going to fit on the roster, since it looks like they can only be selected when Customizations are turned on.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
And another "leak" posted in the Official Character Thread suggests that not only is Dixie playable, she's a clone of Diddy Kong with minor differences, such as using her hair for several attacks and being slower. I don't believe any of them unless there's factual evidence brought up to support it, not ones that say she's not playable and not ones that say she is.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
And another "leak" posted in the Official Character Thread suggests that not only is Dixie playable, she's a clone of Diddy Kong with minor differences, such as using her hair for several attacks and being slower. I don't believe any of them unless there's factual evidence brought up to support it, not ones that say she's not playable and not ones that say she is.
That does sound plausible, but I'm with you. Needs proof.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Yeah, there are waaaay too many text leaks to be able to believe any of them. But as far as Dixie...she is in almost all of them. Chances are one of the random text leaks is legit, right? ...Right?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

It's there because it's possible it was connected the Ninka leak, which I doubt.

Chase

Smash Ace
It's kind of funny that the K. Rool thread is in a panic over Dixie getting in over him, but you guys are going through the exact same thing!

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
So pretty much the only thing we're holding onto at the moment is that the leaked roster isn't complete. We have reason to believe this because All-Star mode was locked in the leaked footage. So basically we're holding onto the idea that the leakers didn't fulfill her unlock conditions despite doing so for many other characters.

We also have no new DK stages revealed, and one thing I don't think Nintendo would do is leave the final copy with just a melee stage. What I'm personally holding onto is the idea that the leakers hadn't unlocked any DK content because they hadn't completed stuff with DK or Diddy, or just that DK characters and stages are unlocked at the same time.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Wasn't it confirmed by NeoZero that this isn't the full roster? Supposedly, the "modder circle" source has told them the rest of the roster, but they haven't seen evidence of it yet.

By the way... Let's be honest, as much as I love K. Rool, it's either Dixie or no new DK representative. With how the roster is shaping up, I highly doubt K. Rool was ever considered.

Top Bottom