• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

Koopaul

Smash Champion
It's safer to not believe than to believe. You're more likely to be right.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
At this point, I've gone back and forth on the leak, and I don't know what to believe anymore, especially with the new evidence from the new Famitsu scans that just came out.

Briefly entertaining the notion that it's real, I've read that the leaker hadn't unlocked everything, so there still could be characters we haven't seen yet. Also, in the thread for the Vaanrose/Ninka leak (which the pic lines up with), the guys who received and compiled the information discovered a leak on 4chan saying that in addition to DHD, Bowser Jr, and Shulk, there will also be Ridley, Mewtwo, Chorus Kids, and Dixie Kong in the game. If this pic ends up being legit, then we Dixie fans still have a little bit of hope.

That being said, I don't want the leak to be real because it means K. Rool isn't in the game, and Lucas, Wolf, and Ice Climbers are cut. However, I'm preparing for this to be real, so I don't disappoint myself.

Bumbalobob

Smash Cadet
The combination of the Vaanrose/Ninka leak (specifically the speculation part) combined with the recent CSS leak has certainly lead to a groundswell in support for Dixie Kong. Judging from what I have been reading most people have accepted Dixie as one of the most likely characters (along with Ridley, Mewtwo, chrous kids, and to a lesser extent Impa). This is certainly a nice turn of events for us Dixie supporters. Although I still remain cautious about getting my hopes too high.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I already accepted the leak as real, so now I am only hoping Dixie (as well as Ridley and Edgy Mew) are present in the game.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Dixie is in the leak though, she's one of the five missing characters... Well, according to this http://i.imgur.com/ERZBZqB.jpg which I think is very believable now. The DLC characters that were mentioned from the leaker seemed to be suggestions or hopes, but this one has a bit more weight to it if you ask me.

I'm thinking the final roster could easily look something like this with that info.

Let's hope for Dixie's sake.

I'm also hearing reports about a Mach Rider and an Impa? Are those from the same person? I'm not sure what to think about them...

Last edited:

Bumbalobob

Smash Cadet
Dixie is in the leak though, she's one of the five missing characters... Well, according to this http://i.imgur.com/ERZBZqB.jpg which I think is very believable now. The DLC characters that were mentioned from the leaker seemed to be suggestions or hopes, but this one has a bit more weight to it if you ask me.

I'm thinking the final roster could easily look something like this with that info.

I'm also hearing reports about a Mach Rider and an Impa? Are those from the same person? I'm not sure what to think about them...
That is a much better layout than what we currently have. Mach Rider and Impa were mentioned by someone else, I am not sure who but their names only started getting tossed around today.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I really, really hope she's shown. I though stay thinking the worst (the only last newcomers are Doc and Pittoo + Bowser Jr, Shulk and Duck Hunt Dog)

But goodness, if she was shown, I'd have two most wanted female newcomers in the game! Palutena is good but she and Dixie together would be so much better.

Skorm Snow-Strider

Smash Rookie
Not buying that leak, and just seeing whose included solidifies it for me. Really, the only one that looks remotely plausible is Bowser Jr, and that ain't saying much.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
So, if the leak is true, Dixie might be one of the few remaining newcomers?

This pleases me. :smirk:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

That was posted right after the original Ninka Kiwi leak was posted:
So I got more info...
Unless my friend is pulling my leg, there's some pretty crazy crap left to be revealed.

-Snake, Lucas, Ice Climbers (Why), and Wolf are cut
-Doctor Mario is back as a clone
-Dark Pit is a newcomer as a clone
-Each character gets 8 alternate costumes, whether they be pallet swaps or new costumes.
-Alph appears as 4 of Olimar's costumes, while the other 4 are Olimar's.
-Shulk will be playable with Gaur Plains as his stage, his neutral B changes his Monado mode which essentially makes him dish more damage and take more, or do less damage, and take less.
-Bowser Jr appears as a new comer and allegedly fights from a mario kart... has no alt colors, but instead has the 7 koopalings as alts.
-Duck Hunt is in... from what I've been told it's the duck hunt dog fighting with ducks on his back who assist for certain attacks...

*Edit more info
-Shulk has like 5 different mode swaps
-Bowser Jr rides in a koopa kart that attacks with cannon balls and boxing gloves and stuff that eject from the clowns mouth.

note* The kart sounds more like the koopa clown car to me as I read it.

Now I'm not even sure from this stuff so take it with a grain of salt, but my friend recently quit as a tester due to family reasons, so if he decided he no longer cares what leaks, I could see why he'd tell me.
He was also unclear to me as to if that is the rest of the roster so also be wary.
This was posted July 21. So I wouldn't really trust it, as it is based on the original leak. The leak was just there in the Ninka theory thread because it might potentially connect. The real info is what came out of Ninka's mouth.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I don't think that leak is legit. 7 Mario characters is overdoing it, and giving Dr. Mario a slot when alt costumes are a thing for this game honestly makes no sense.

These are amazing! Damn, you got me hyped about potential moves.

Are you taking suggestions? I think she needs a special involving bubble gum to provide some variety. Her hair is great, but not all of her moves can be hair related. She could have the bubble gum popgun as she did in Tropical Freeze, but since it might be overlapping with Diddy's peanute popgun, maybe she could blow a bubble and have it pop, either sticking the target to the ground, or causing huge knockback. Just something to consider. I love your sketches.
Thanks, I have backup ideas but I also get inspired by what other users come up with, and if it's better than what I had in mind I'd likely use that instead. I admit it's hair-heavy, especially right now, but I have some other ideas.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I don't think that leak is legit. 7 Mario characters is overdoing it, and giving Dr. Mario a slot when alt costumes are a thing for this game honestly makes no sense.
I think it's believable because proportionally in terms of sales and popularity Mario could probably justify 10 slots. Dr. Mario I also think is believable because either he could've been changed from an alt for emergency roster-padding (which is what I always expected would happen tbh). Or it could be a Lucina type thing where 'if the characteristics of their attacks differ I give them a separate slot'. He might not like the idea of Dr. Mario using FLUDD.

I'm starting to believe the leak is legit in light the of the Famitsu scan and the Fox background colour change. The roster also matches that of the Ninka-Kiwi leak, which I always considered believable. I believe that leak also said that wasn't the full roster though.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I think it's believable because proportionally in terms of sales and popularity Mario could probably justify 10 slots. Dr. Mario I also think is believable because either he could've been changed from an alt for emergency roster-padding (which is what I always expected would happen tbh). Or it could be a Lucina type thing where 'if the characteristics of their attacks differ I give them a separate slot'. He might not like the idea of Dr. Mario using FLUDD.

I'm starting to believe the leak is legit in light the of the Famitsu scan and the Fox background colour change. The roster also matches that of the Ninka-Kiwi leak, which I always considered believable. I believe that leak also said that wasn't the full roster though.
Problem with that is if sales and popularity are factors then shouldn't Pokemon and Zelda have nearly as many? KI having 3 slots when one is based on an alt from Brawl is suspicious, along with the lack of mii fighters and what I mentioned above plus plenty of other things. Time will tell how legit or lucky this leak or hoax is, but I'm staying skeptical.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Dixie is my most wanted unrevealed newcomer at this point and for some reason I haven't posted in here.

Dixie 4 Smash! (and add me to the supporter list)

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Problem with that is if sales and popularity are factors then shouldn't Pokemon and Zelda have nearly as many? KI having 3 slots when one is based on an alt from Brawl is suspicious, along with the lack of mii fighters and what I mentioned above plus plenty of other things. Time will tell how legit or lucky this leak or hoax is, but I'm staying skeptical.
According to Wikipedia, Mario is at around 445.208 million units sold at the moment. Pokemon is at 260 and Zelda is at 68.13. Mario has almost double the sales of Pokemon and has literally more than 5 times the sales of Zelda.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I really, really hope she's shown. I though stay thinking the worst (the only last newcomers are Doc and Pittoo + Bowser Jr, Shulk and Duck Hunt Dog)

But goodness, if she was shown, I'd have two most wanted female newcomers in the game! Palutena is good but she and Dixie together would be so much better.
I'm with you. I'm preparing myself for the worst-case scenario (leak is real, pic had every character unlocked). However, if the leak is legit, I really want the 4chan leak to also be real. Even if that means that Dixie ends up as one of the last minute clones alongside Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina. Dixie is my most wanted, so I'll take what I can get. At this point, I'm starting to lose hope that she'll be unique if she's playable.

This leak has really turned the community against each other; I can't even visit the K. Rool thread anymore with all of the pessimism (not that I blame them; if the leak is legit, it means that DK gets shafted yet again). I just want Sakurai to confirm/disconfirm the leak already; it's torture right now.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
According to Wikipedia, Mario is at around 445.208 million units sold at the moment. Pokemon is at 260 and Zelda is at 68.13. Mario has almost double the sales of Pokemon and has literally more than 5 times the sales of Zelda.
And DK's sitting at 53.994 million but has less than Kirby which is at 33 million. The Wii series has 192.76 so they should have more than Zelda, yet we only have WFT and Mii whom, despite having 3 varieties is likely getting one slot only. If sales are THE factor then Kid Icarus wouldn't be equal to Kirby in playable characters; that series isn't even at or past 5 million. Fire Emblem has more slots than its sales suggest it should, and if you're basing sales as the reason Mario can get away with 10 characters then it's certainly fine to allow other series to get slots based on sales. However the sales:slots ratio is no doubt off, and I question how much of a factor it's playing.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I'm still holding onto this bit of hope... I don't care if it came from a different poster... It gives me something to hold on to, let me have that for now.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm still holding onto this bit of hope... I don't care if it came from a different poster... It gives me something to hold on to, let me have that for now.
If it helps, Bowser Jr's moveset from his footage is very accurate to what was described here (The cannon ball and boxing glove bit)

So we can perhaps see Dixie being real if by this evidence.

Last edited:

Bumbalobob

Smash Cadet
If it helps, Bowser Jr's moveset from his footage is very accurate to what was described here (The cannon ball and boxing glove bit)

So we can perhaps see Dixie being real if by this evidence.
It is important to note that the top list of characters and the bottom detailing the characters came from two different leaks. The character list being much less supported than the other stuff. That being said calling Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt does still give it some validity. So rather than taking Ridley, Mewtwo, Chorus and Dixie as guaranteed we should look at them as the only possible potential newcomers. But either way it is nice that we can still have hope.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Oh my dear Lord... This is intense.

I'm team Dixie, but I would totally love to see K. Rool too. Either one really, just give me one more DK rep and I'm happy!!

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Now it's the final showdown! Dixie vs K. Rool! I want both! But I am in favor of Dixie!

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Right, I can't trust anything without pics... These guys seem to be throwing around hidden characters left and right. I still don't think their DLC list holds any merit either.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Dixie is the only character that I want that has somewhat of a chance... the only other character I really really wanted in this game that made it in is Palutena. So I'm really really hoping Dixie makes it in.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
All leaks related to this have listed Dixie

Would be cool to see her if she's in!

Last edited:

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
;-;

Looks like Dixie got in.

Stings as a huge K. Rool fan. But I'm really happy for the DK series as well as Dixie if it's true.

She's awesome and I look forward to seeing how she plays. :)

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Well, according to different sources, a few "unknown" newcomers still remain and Dixie is one of the characters most "leakers" have mentioned.

I do hope she's in, I fully support her. :)

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I'm glad multiple leakers are reporting her now, I've got more hope than I did a day ago at least.

Gumball popgun better be one of the attacks... Tropical Freeze isn't too recent enough for one attack, right?

RayaGRH

Smash Apprentice
Things are looking VERY good for Dixie...mentioned by every leaker that I'm aware of. I haven't posted here before, but she's always been my number one choice for a newcomer. To me she is the most deserving female choice outside of the original Melee girls. She was completely playable in all her appearances, right in there with the action, and she actually FRONTED a game herself! The first Nintendo female (and one of the only) to front a game other than Samus. She is iconic to me, and simply must be included.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I'm so hyped right now. I seriously hate every part of this leak.... Except for Dixie! And she makes up for it 100% (for me). I'm so happy, let's just wait and hope that the leaks are true and she really is playable. I'm so excited!

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I'd still rather have K. Rool over Dixie. I honestly don't know how I'd feel at this point if Dixie got in and K. Rool didn't. Maybe i'd feel it'd be better than nothing and I guess it might be the more realistic choice and all, but still. I'd cry either way though for some reason.

Last edited:

Skorm Snow-Strider

Smash Rookie
My joy for Dixie potentially being in is mired by the inclusion of...well, everyone else in the "leak". Leaves me a little lukewarm, but hey, I'll take it.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I really really really hope this leak is true... really. If Dixie isn't in then like, I'm still going to get it but it won't be as good for me after having (stupidly) gotten my hopes up... >:\

... I really want to be skeptical and on some level I am just so I won't be too let down just in case it's fake... but like, at this point I've already pictured Dixie in the game and everytime I see her name on these lists part of me gets excited even though I know I should just wait... ugh... :(

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
I really really really hope this leak is true... really. If Dixie isn't in then like, I'm still going to get it but it won't be as good for me after having (stupidly) gotten my hopes up... >:\

... I really want to be skeptical and on some level I am just so I won't be too let down just in case it's fake... but like, at this point I've already pictured Dixie in the game and everytime I see her name on these lists part of me gets excited even though I know I should just wait... ugh... :(
Don't worry, the leak is real--I can one hundred per cent guarantee that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom