• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
Kirby got 2 original reps in brawl, there's no reason DK can't now
True, but we are drawing to a close on newcomer reveals and being more realistic, it's probably not best to expect too many more newcomers. I'm personally only expecting 2-3, and I do feel they'll be aiming to cover lacking areas in newcomers; heavy weights, villains, and retro series reps (although some of these can be represented by a single inclusion). It just doesn't seem too likely to get both of them; great if they did both get in with unique move-sets, they deserve inclusion, I just don't see it as too likely given current circumstances.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Kirby got 2 original reps in brawl, there's no reason DK can't now
Oh, I fully understand that, but people are arguing that this game is going to get less new reps, and plenty of people popping in to argue that DK doesn't need more reps, let alone two (which I naturally disagree with, knowing that the DK franchise is massively popular).

I see Lucina as showing that the game is going to have more reps than we thought. Sakurai would've never added a new clone character, even if it didn't take that long, if he didn't already have a solid lineup. This game is getting far bigger in budget, has a far bigger development team, doesn't have the massive cutscenes of the SSE and is reusing a lot more from the previous games than past titles did. Before I was thinking no more than 50, now I think it will likely be even higher.

Naturally other people disagree with me, but that's my opinion on the matter.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I really doubt Dixie will be a full clone of Diddy. I think Sakurai will use Dixie's ponytail abilities pretty wisely. Some of her moves could potentially be a little similar to Diddy like Luigi still has some similar moves like Mario.
I'm with you on this one. I highly doubt that Sakurai would ignore the potential of Dixie's ponytail if he puts her into the game. I have faith in him.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Dixie cannot be a full-clone, it's impossible not to give her her ponytail whirl. It's basically her identity.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Shameless plug incomiiiiiing:

My moveset seriously look at it shows that Dixie has a few cloned moves from Diddy, some made up using her hair, some made up using her limbs and some ripped straight outta DK

A new type of semi-clone, sharing normals instead of specials.

Dixie's already really easy to make since her model is basically Diddy + baret and her moveset is easy to make since when original moves don't work due to time constraints, they can make her an half Diddy clone anyways.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Shameless plug incomiiiiiing:

My moveset seriously look at it shows that Dixie has a few cloned moves from Diddy, some made up using her hair, some made up using her limbs and some ripped straight outta DK

A new type of semi-clone, sharing normals instead of specials.

Dixie's already really easy to make since her model is basically Diddy + baret and her moveset is easy to make since when original moves don't work due to time constraints, they can make her an half Diddy clone anyways.
I read through it, and I like your idea of Dixie using her ponytail during her aerials to give her momentum boosts like R.O.B. I have always thought of Dixie having some of the best aerial mobility in the game, and that seems like a great way to go about it. If she has to be a semi-clone, I think that would be one of the most important unique attributes that her ponytail could give her (aside from a tether grab), and it could definitely work with Diddy's Fair (not sure about his other aerials, though).

Skorm Snow-Strider

Smash Rookie
If Dixie doesn't lift items up with her hair or use her twirl-tackle thing, I'm going to disappointed. Only a little though, since that's assuming she makes the cut in the first place.

...Watch Klaptrap or that one afro'd kremlin make it in instead.

Last edited:

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
If Sakurai wants to make her different from Diddy, her hair is an excellent way to accomplish that because of how versatile it is. And when you take into account some of her tools she's used over the years like her bubblegum or guitar, then I can see her being very different from her boyfriend. But if Sakurai decides to make Dixie a clone/semiclone then he can do that too.

So clone or not, i's not incredibly difficult to make her playable and make a moveset for her. This is one reason why I think she has a very good shot to be playable this time around.

Red Krockhead

Smash Rookie
I've come to voice my support for Dixie!

As for the topic at hand, Dixie has an advantage in her design that most potential newcomers don't have. She's the same size as Diddy, but her many differences from him mean there's no way she can be a complete clone. Lucina and Marth have the same abilities, are the same size, use the same weapon, and are both humans, so they can be closer in their respective movesets. Almost all of Dixie's abilities differ from Diddy, and let's be real, you'd have to be an idiot to put Dixie in a game and not integrate her ponytail in any way.

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to the thread for what SURELY must be a new character. I swear, Mashed Potato Samurai, if you're reading this - that roster better have her name on it.

Bumbalobob

Smash Cadet
Figured it was time I join this thread. Dixie definitely has the potential to be an entirely unique character, however I think if she is included she will be a semi-clone, likely on par with Wolf. Her pony tail needs to be used, but I can see many of her smashes and ariels simply copying Diddy's, with unique specials (although I can see her having the banana toss).

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Has any TF content been spotted in Smash yet? Tikis and Kremlins have been spotted. Not seeing TF stuff yet makes me worry that it may not be included in Smash. If the DK content was planned without consultation with Retro, that could mean that we lose the 'recency' argument.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Has any TF content been spotted in Smash yet? Tikis and Kremlins have been spotted. Not seeing TF stuff yet makes me worry that it may not be included in Smash. If the DK content was planned without consultation with Retro, that could mean that we lose the 'recency' argument.
I doubt we'll get much, if any, TF representation in Smash 4 but either way I don't think it would affect Dixie's chances that much. The fact is that DK needs more reps and Dixie is perfect for a DK newcomer, one of only 2 reasonable DK newcomers with K. Rool in my opinion.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I think that the stage would be revealed alongside dixie
the only possible assists would be cranky and funky and tropical freeze would've affected their chances very little
After that there would only be smash run enemies, but who cares about the snowmads (I think that's what they're called)
Also trophies, but they would'nt likely be announced

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Dixie Kong had better be in Smash 4. If Sakurai is really revisiting old ideas and concepts from past Smash games, there's no excuse for her to not be in this game.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I more of the side were i want Dixie over K Roil but evening both we be amazing.Dk deserves more reps.Whetever we get that or another pokemon is up to sakurai but i really hope we get another character for Dk.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I feel like the Hyrule Warriors release will say a lot about Dixie's chances. If Ganondorf doesn't get revealed in POTD when it gets released, then it probably means we're getting a villains trailer. That could mean K. Rool, but I think that would mean that either Dixie won't be revealed, or she's just not in. I don't think that he'd wait to reveal Dixie this late in a trailer by herself, she's just not that big of a character. However if Ganondorf does get revealed on the HW release then I think a DK trailer eith K. Rool and Dixie is more likely.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To My knowledge, the only thing is the add on the bottom of Diddy's page.

IVIr.G

Smash Cadet
Count me in on the Dixie hype train. She's my 2nd most wanted newcomer. Behind only K.Rool. Hopefully it'd be nice to get both of them but I'll take either one.

The original DKC games are still my favorite games of all time. I've imagined Dixie entering the forray since Melee.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Sign me up, guys. Dixie is my most wanted newcomer. After Tropical Freeze and almost making it into Brawl, one would hope she'd still have good chances here, plus with all of these new women characters popping up, she'd be in good company. No other character really uses their hair as primary attacks either, she's more than just another Diddy.

Of course, I want K. Rool too, but I've always been more partial to the apes of the series.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
After looking at the movesets of the non-clone newcomers, I have high hopes for a very creative Dixie moveset. This is of course assuming she gets in, and was planned from the start.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I feel like the Hyrule Warriors release will say a lot about Dixie's chances. If Ganondorf doesn't get revealed in POTD when it gets released, then it probably means we're getting a villains trailer. That could mean K. Rool, but I think that would mean that either Dixie won't be revealed, or she's just not in. I don't think that he'd wait to reveal Dixie this late in a trailer by herself, she's just not that big of a character. However if Ganondorf does get revealed on the HW release then I think a DK trailer eith K. Rool and Dixie is more likely.
I agree. If we do see Ganondorf next week, then the likeliness of a DK trailer goes up. Though, if Ganondorf isn't confirmed, I won't lose hope. My idea for a DK trailer was actually going to start with DK and Diddy fighting Ganondorf on the Gangplank Galleon, similar to how Lucina fought Captain Falcon. Dixie would drop in and save both of them from one of Ganondorf's attacks, and then, K. Rool would emerge from the shadows to back up Ganondorf.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Maybe instead of an exclusively villains trailer, how about a heroes v villains trailer. Too good to be true? Probably, but hey, It'd be a great way to fit in any other unannounced characters they want revealed.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Coming in to voice some support for Dixie before release. I've been a supporter for a long time now. Hoping both she and K. Rool make it in (and I wouldn't mind Cranky either).

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Just wanted to stop by, saying I still support Dixie Kong and I really hope she is playable in SSB4!:) She's come so far, she can't give up on all of us now!:b:

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
Dixie will certainly not be a case of Lucina. Her hair helps her so much.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Sign me up! Admittedly I want K. Rool more, but hopefully both of them make it in. x:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Hey guys, check this out.

We see Donkey Kong, but behind him, pink and yellow? Possible hint? Hmmmmmmm?

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Dixie would be cool, K.Rool might be cooler.

But hell, I just want Lanky Kong!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Hey guys, check this out.

We see Donkey Kong, but behind him, pink and yellow? Possible hint? Hmmmmmmm?
xD

Reminds me of people thinking Ivysaur and Squirtle will be back because there is a picture of Bowser, Charizard and Lucario (with a flower behind it) together.

Though coming from Nintendo and Sakurai, nothing is impossible.

Bumbalobob

Smash Cadet
xD

Reminds me of people thinking Ivysaur and Squirtle will be back because there is a picture of Bowser, Charizard and Lucario (with a flower behind it) together.

Though coming from Nintendo and Sakurai, nothing is impossible.
I was just about to make these same comments. My guess is that Sakurai did this on purpose, whether or not it actual means anything in regards to Dixie's inclusion is debatable, but it seems purposeful.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I'm starting to think Dixie isn't in.

At this point, a lot seems to point to her not getting in. Ganondorf didn't get revealed with HW's release, so that points towards a villain's trailer, which I think will have K. Rool. The lack of DK stages being revealed really only makes sense to me if they need to hide something. A Galleon or Flying Krock stage would hint heavily towards K. Rool. I can't think of another reason why they'd hide all the DK stages. Problem is it's not like there's any type of stage that would hint at Dixie (unless maybe a DKC3 stage?).

It's gotten to the point now that I think she missed the ship when Diddy got revealed a week after TF. That would've made the most sense in light of a likely villain's trailer with K. Rool. She's not hype enough to get a solo trailer, and if Sakurai was gonna reveal her through a POTD it would've made sense to do it with Diddy after TF's release.

It's also likely that the roster was decided without consultation with Retro about TF. This would mean that Dixie would not have had a recent revival at the time of determining the roster, which was one the points that we considered to be in her favour.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The fact so many people mention this villains trailer idea makes me believe it is never happening.
It's also likely that the roster was decided without consultation with Retro about TF. This would mean that Dixie would not have had a recent revival at the time of determining the roster, which was one the points that we considered to be in her favour.
This affects King K. Rool as well, though. I really doubt he is in the game, if there is a DK newcomer, it is most likely Dixie.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I'm starting to think Dixie isn't in.

At this point, a lot seems to point to her not getting in. Ganondorf didn't get revealed with HW's release, so that points towards a villain's trailer, which I think will have K. Rool. The lack of DK stages being revealed really only makes sense to me if they need to hide something. A Galleon or Flying Krock stage would hint heavily towards K. Rool. I can't think of another reason why they'd hide all the DK stages. Problem is it's not like there's any type of stage that would hint at Dixie (unless maybe a DKC3 stage?).

It's gotten to the point now that I think she missed the ship when Diddy got revealed a week after TF. That would've made the most sense in light of a likely villain's trailer with K. Rool. She's not hype enough to get a solo trailer, and if Sakurai was gonna reveal her through a POTD it would've made sense to do it with Diddy after TF's release.

Or they're just not planning to reveal her at all, also who says ganondorf can't be revealed tomorow?

I don't see why he wouldn't ask for retro's input when choosing a DK character, that's like not asking game freak or IS for pokemon and FE characters

Last edited:
Top Bottom