• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
If Chrom gets overlooked for the likes of Lucina simply because Sakurai wants more female smashers, then I'll be pretty upset if Dixie doesn't make it in. She deserves her spot for more reasons than just her gender.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
If Chrom gets overlooked for the likes of Lucina simply because Sakurai wants more female smashers, then I'll be pretty upset if Dixie doesn't make it in. She deserves her spot for more reasons than just her gender.
"the likes of Lucina"? She is as important as Chrom in Awakening. You are really delusional if you think she was chosen only because "lol female".

Also, there is no such thing as "spot" and "deserve a spot" in Smash Bros.

But yeah, as you, I hope Dixie is in the game.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Chrom got overlooked because he didn't do much else over Lucina and Lucina was an easy skin, unlike Chrom (he could've been a skin, but he wasn't an "easy skin" like Lucina was). It just so happened that they decided later on something she could do slightly different (or they just wanted a Lucina Amiibo), so they made her a separate character. That's it.

Both Dixie and K. Rool can bring a lot to Smash, and DK is by far the #1 franchise looking to get two reps in this game. There's really no comparison between the DK franchise and FE franchise for getting playable reps in this game.

"the likes of Lucina"? She is as important as Chrom in Awakening. You are really delusional if you think she was chosen only because "lol female".

Also, there is no such thing as "spot" and "deserve a spot" in Smash Bros.

But yeah, as you, I hope Dixie is in the game.
This, too. Lucina is a central character of the game, just as important (if not even more important) than Chrom. Heck, if it wasn't for Lucina,
Chrom would be dead and the bad future happens all over again.

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
You're telling me that Lucina is as important as the only character that you are required to take in every story mission and represents your army on the world map? And I'm the one who is delusional? She may be important, but no way is she as important as Chrom. The only thing that makes her stand out over Chrom is her gender.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You're telling me that Lucina is as important as the only character that you are required to take in every story mission and represents your army on the world map? And I'm the one who is delusional? She may be important, but no way is she as important as Chrom. The only thing that makes her stand out over Chrom is her gender.
Yes, she is. The fact is, without Lucina,
Chrom is dead.
By the second half of the game, Chrom's importance dwindles to nothing story-wise. He's more of a figurehead than the actual main character. Think Vaan from Final Fantasy XII, although not quite as bad.

That's basically what Chrom is throughout the second half of Awakening.

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
I'd argue that the first half matters more, because more people will see the beginning of a game than those that will play it through to the end. It's part of why Lyn is an assist trophy, while Eliwood and Hector aren't even that.

Also, without Chrom,
Lucina wouldn't exist.

If Chrom were a woman, and Lucina a man, I'm certain she-Chrom would have been in Smash.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'd argue that the first half matters more, because more people will see the beginning of a game than those that will play it through to the end. It's part of why Lyn is an assist trophy, while Eliwood and Hector aren't even that.

Also, without Chrom,
Lucina wouldn't exist.

If Chrom were a woman, and Lucina a man, I'm certain she-Chrom would have been in Smash.
Obviously. I never said Chrom wasn't important. I'm arguing against the notion that Chrom "way, way more important" than Lucina. All of the three main characters are about equally important (and arguably Lucina might be more important than Chrom). The reason Lucina got in over Chrom is because she's the most popular of the three characters. If Lucina were a man, but her role was exactly the same, she'd probably still be more popular, because it was Lucina's story role and personality that made people like her so much.

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
If she was more important and more popular than Chrom, then why were people shocked to see her included? It wasn't just the Gematsu leak. Even before it started gaining credibility, most people expected Chrom to be in Smash, even going as far as to predict that he will replace Ike. He simply made the most sense amongst Awakening characters, with Robin being the main contender. That's because Awakening was Chrom's story told from Robin's perspective. Lucina may have played a major role, but it was still Chrom's story.

Also, if you are going to use quotation marks, you should at least fill it with my actual wording.

Anyway, this conversation isn't going anywhere. It's clear we aren't going to convince each other, and my original point, the one that made this relevant to a Dixie Kong thread, is getting buried.

Lucina offers nothing new to the game. She's a Marth clone. Sakurai even said she's lucky to have her spot. Dixie has much more potential as a fighter than Lucina. Even putting the idea that Lucina only got in because she's a woman, I'd still be upset if she got in before Dixie, who is way more deserving of her spot in Smash.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
If she was more important and more popular than Chrom, then why were people shocked to see her included? It wasn't just the Gematsu leak. Even before it started gaining credibility, most people expected Chrom to be in Smash, even going as far as to predict that he will replace Ike. He simply made the most sense amongst Awakening characters, with Robin being the main contender. That's because Awakening was Chrom's story told from Robin's perspective. Lucina may have played a major role, but it was still Chrom's story.

Also, if you are going to use quotation marks, you should at least fill it with my actual wording.

Anyway, this conversation isn't going anywhere. It's clear we aren't going to convince each other, and my original point, the one that made this relevant to a Dixie Kong thread, is getting buried.

Lucina offers nothing new to the game. She's a Marth clone. Sakurai even said she's lucky to have her spot. Dixie has much more potential as a fighter than Lucina. Even putting the idea that Lucina only got in because she's a woman, I'd still be upset if she got in before Dixie, who is way more deserving of her spot in Smash.
I agree with you. I would be pissed if Dixie, who would definitely bring something truly unique to the roster, doesn't get in while a lesser-known, one-off character gets in as a clone.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

I'll be disappointed frankly if we don't get both Dixie and K. Rool. But as a whole, K. Rool should probably be in before Dixie, although I do want both of them, and at this point, I think its very likely we will get both.

I don't contest that Dixie deserves to be in over Lucina. That is a given. DK deserves two newcomers in this title far more than any other franchise.

Its the whole Lucina deserves to be in over Chrom I contest. The reason people were shocked Lucina made it in over Chrom is because they were too busy trying to take everything at face value they didn't consider that originality beats importance (even if it can be argued that Robin is more important than Chrom to the story), especially in a franchise that already has several established characters far more important to the Awakening case in the franchise as a whole (Awakening kinda did save FE).

Lucina getting in over Chrom isn't anything of note, the thing that's of note is Robin getting in over Chrom, and the reasons were clearly laid out. Lucina didn't get in over Chrom because she was female, but because she was popular and was an easy alt they decided to make a separate character. By the time this was decided, Chrom was most likely already part of Robin's Final Smash anyway.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
The reason Lucina got in over Chrom is because she's the most popular of the three characters
I find that hard to believe to be honest. I've never played FE and before the reveal the only FE rep talk I ever saw was about Chrom. Chrom is the only FE character I'd ever heard of that wasn't in a Smash game. From my perspective Robin and Lucina's popularity paled in comparison to Chrom's.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I personally think that Lucina got in because she is an easy clone, it makes sense as part of her character for her to be a Marth clone, she is important to Awakening's story, she has a decent-sized fanbase, and I do think her gender had something to do with it. This is just conjecture, though. I don't have facts to back this up.

Anyway, to turn the conversation back to Dixie, I think she is really the only female character left who has a decent chance of making the roster (as much as I support Krystal, I don't think she has much of a chance anymore outside of DLC). I think Sakurai's consciously making more options for those who like playing as female characters. Think about it: more than half of the newcomers revealed so far are either exclusively female, or are generic avatars who can go either way: Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina, Mii Fighters, Palutena, Robin, Lucina, and arguably Greninja. I think he's got room on the roster for one more, especially one who has done so much in the biggest Mario spin-off series.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I personally think that Lucina got in because she is an easy clone, it makes sense as part of her character for her to be a Marth clone, she is important to Awakening's story, she has a decent-sized fanbase, and I do think her gender had something to do with it. This is just conjecture, though. I don't have facts to back this up.

Anyway, to turn the conversation back to Dixie, I think she is really the only female character left who has a decent chance of making the roster (as much as I support Krystal, I don't think she has much of a chance anymore outside of DLC). I think Sakurai's consciously making more options for those who like playing as female characters. Think about it: more than half of the newcomers revealed so far are either exclusively female, or are generic avatars who can go either way: Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina, Mii Fighters, Palutena, Robin, Lucina, and arguably Greninja. I think he's got room on the roster for one more, especially one who has done so much in the biggest Mario spin-off series.
.........Mario.........spin-off series?........................that hurts me.......

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I find that hard to believe to be honest. I've never played FE and before the reveal the only FE rep talk I ever saw was about Chrom. Chrom is the only FE character I'd ever heard of that wasn't in a Smash game. From my perspective Robin and Lucina's popularity paled in comparison to Chrom's.
Chrom was the most popular pick out of the three for Smash Bros. because he's the Main Lord of the game. Most people thought Chrom was the definite pick, even though tons of people didn't actually want Chrom. In fact, as soon as Ike was announced to return most of the Chrom support dropped significantly.

.........Mario.........spin-off series?........................that hurts me.......
Yeah... Seth, sorry, DK isn't a "Mario spinoff series." At the rate you can say that, you might as well suggest that Mario is a DK spinoff series.

Yoshi and Wario are Mario spinoff series'. Same with Luigi's Mansion. The DK franchise is NOT a Mario spinoff series, they are two sister franchises that started off as one but split into two. DK is its own full-fledged franchise with its own spinoff games, and they occasionally cross over with Mario (DK himself is the only one who tends to crossover quite a bit).

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Chrom was the most popular pick out of the three for Smash Bros. because he's the Main Lord of the game. Most people thought Chrom was the definite pick, even though tons of people didn't actually want Chrom. In fact, as soon as Ike was announced to return most of the Chrom support dropped significantly.

Yeah... Seth, sorry, DK isn't a "Mario spinoff series." At the rate you can say that, you might as well suggest that Mario is a DK spinoff series.

Yoshi and Wario are Mario spinoff series'. Same with Luigi's Mansion. The DK franchise is NOT a Mario spinoff series, they are two sister franchises that started off as one but split into two. DK is its own full-fledged franchise with its own spinoff games, and they occasionally cross over with Mario (DK himself is the only one who tends to crossover quite a bit).
Sorry, everyone. That was a really stupid thing to say. Now that I think about it, saying that DK is a Mario spinoff series is very wrong. Like you said, it's a sister series. I probably should have thought about that before I posted. Anyway, Dixie is probably the most likely female newcomer at this point. That's the point I was trying to make.

Last edited:

Skorm Snow-Strider

Smash Rookie
Going to have to agree with the rest here, calling Donkey Kong a spin-off series is a bit pushing it. You could probably wax poetic on the subject for a good while but that's neither here nor there.

AHEM, anyway, I've been lurking this thread for the last month or so and finally buckled. Ordinarily I'd be wary at Dixie's (or anyone for that matter) inclusion, but I'm sorta riding high off of my hope that Lucinia would make the cut. So count me as a cautiously optimistic supporter.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Hello all! I think Dixie Kong would make a great addition to the roster. With Fire Emblem getting 2 newcomers in this game, I think the DK series will at least one newcomer if not two. Though I want K. Rool in before Dixie, I would like to see both of them get confirmed to the roster. Add me to the supporter list!

ihskeyp

Smash Ace

Just so you know, Lucina was used on all the Awakening posters in Japan for Awakening post-release, and basically became the games mascot. She's the most popular Awakening character with a much larger fan base than the other characters. The reason people were shocked was because everyone pretty much expected Chrom because he was the new-main-blue-haired-lord of the fire emblem series, and the gematsu leak. She didn't get in because she's a woman, she got in because she was going to be a costume but sakurai saw more potential in her than that, and to please many Japanese awakening fans (robin isn't as popular as Chrom in japan i think, or in America). Basically her inclusion was extra-fanservice to the awakening fans.
Dixie is completely different from, Lucina, anyway. She's in a pretty different scenario, as I don't think she would work as a last minute clone like Lucina, because of the peanuts and rocket booster.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Going to have to agree with the rest here, calling Donkey Kong a spin-off series is a bit pushing it. You could probably wax poetic on the subject for a good while but that's neither here nor there.

AHEM, anyway, I've been lurking this thread for the last month or so and finally buckled. Ordinarily I'd be wary at Dixie's (or anyone for that matter) inclusion, but I'm sorta riding high off of my hope that Lucinia would make the cut. So count me as a cautiously optimistic supporter.
Hello all! I think Dixie Kong would make a great addition to the roster. With Fire Emblem getting 2 newcomers in this game, I think the DK series will at least one newcomer if not two. Though I want K. Rool in before Dixie, I would like to see both of them get confirmed to the roster. Add me to the supporter list!
Added both of you. Welcome to the thread! It's great to see so much support! We've gotten a lot since the Lucina announcement.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Dixie Kong Moveset
Double Jump : Tropical Freeze Hair Whirl
She has a float like Peach where she twirls her hair to slow descent.

AAA: Hand Slap, Hand Slap, Hair slam (based on the grab in DKC) (last hit has upward knockback and can meteor smash aerial opponents.)
FTilt: Moves a little bit forward while spinning her hair. Works like Diddy Kongs FSmash
DTilt: Shoots down with her Bubble Gum Gun.
UTilt: Dixie jumps and twirls her hair. Dash Attack: Dixie begins to spin like crazy, twirling her air.
Dash Attack: The Dash Attack from TF

Nair: Twirls around one time with her foot extended. Works as a *** kick, so the first hit has better knock back than the second one, which hits behind her.
Fair: Stomps her feet sidewards like Diddy, but instead uses her hair to give her a boost forwards, like R.O.B's Bair
Uair: Hangs upside down and uses her hair to propel her up, while she kicks five times.
Bair: Like Diddy's bair, but with the boost of R.O.B's bair.
Dair: Dives into the ground head first and twirls her hair for a multihit before headbutting her opponents for a meteor smash

FSmash: Blows a big bubble of bubble gum while charging, then it explodes. Charging extends the range.
DSmash: Crouches and spins her hair.
USmash: Stands on her head and begins to spin around.

NSpecial: Bubble Popgum, like in DK Tropical Freeze
NSpecial: Chargable Popgum: Complete clone of the Peanut Popgun
NSpecial: Light Popgum: Quick and small shots.

SSpecial: Rocket Barrel: Sits on a Rocket Barrel for a short time, in which she travels half of FD.
SSpecial: Slow Barreel: Sits on a Rocket Barrel for a long time, but it goes really slow.
SSpecial: Loop Barrel: Dixie sits on a Rocket Barrel for a somewhat short time and it goes really slow, but Dixie can make loops, with it.

USpecial: Barrel Blast: The familliar Barrel spins around, pressing B again results in Dixie being blasted far away, even farther than Rosalina. If opponents break the barrel though, Dixie is helpless.
USpecial: Aimable Blast: The Barrel no longer spins around on its own, but is aimable by the player. The drawback is that the Barrel blasts Dixie less far.
USpecial: Indestructible Barrel: Blasts Dixie way less (As much as FireFox), but the barrel is indestructible, so Dixie is invincible when in it.

DSpecial: Guitar: Works like Barbara's AT, but only one time and stronger
DSpecial: Rhythm Guitar: Works like Konga Beat: Players have to press the button to make multiple weak waves
DSpecial: Rock Guitar: If charged up completely, Dixie makes one giant and strong blast.

Final Smash: Animal Barrel Mayhem! Dixie goes in a barrel to blast the animal crates and then the Animal buddies go on rampage

Throws Dixie grabs with her hair Pummel: Punches the opponent
FThrow: Dixie rolls over the opponent and then throws it.
DThrow: Dixie just throws the opponent down
UThrow: Dixie spins her hair with her opponent trapped and then sends it upwards.
BThrow: Dixie does her Dash Attacks and then she faces backwards and throws the opponent

FTaunt: Dixie does a loop with a barrel
DTaunt: Dixie uses her bubblegum
UTaunt: Dixie plays a bit of the DKC theme on her guitar and then strikes a pose.

Last edited:

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769

Lucina's reason for inclusion has been noted as having been planned for an alternative skin, but in giving her even the slightest of playstyle differences she was thus given her own spot as per following Sakurai's design philosophy. I wouldn't be surprised if there are other characters who were also planned as skins who go on to have the same treatment (which I'd like as I hate the idea of different characters being used as alternative skins). It'd be a way to boost the roster size whilst taking little development time; after all if the models, animation and voicing were already being done for skins, that's already a lot of the development done.

Which brings me to my question; would you (and anyone else who feels like answering) be okay with Dixie's inclusion if she was a Lucina situation, planned as a Diddy skin in this instance but given slight attribute and mechanic differences and given her own slot? I know Dixie has plenty to offer as a unique character, but this is a matter which could very well happen.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Lucina's reason for inclusion has been noted as having been planned for an alternative skin, but in giving her even the slightest of playstyle differences she was thus given her own spot as per following Sakurai's design philosophy. I wouldn't be surprised if there are other characters who were also planned as skins who go on to have the same treatment (which I'd like as I hate the idea of different characters being used as alternative skins). It'd be a way to boost the roster size whilst taking little development time; after all if the models, animation and voicing were already being done for skins, that's already a lot of the development done.

Which brings me to my question; would you (and anyone else who feels like answering) be okay with Dixie's inclusion if she was a Lucina situation, planned as a Diddy skin in this instance but given slight attribute and mechanic differences and given her own slot? I know Dixie has plenty to offer as a unique character, but this is a matter which could very well happen.
If its the only way to get Dixie and K. Rool at the same time, I'd deal with it, but I'd be very annoyed. I would hope she'd have several things changed so at least she's using her hair for most of her attacks, and by that point she'd be a semiclone anyway. That said, if Sakurai went and made Lucina a bit different, he may have been aware that DK deserves two newcomers as well long before that point and already planned to include both Dixie and K. Rool.

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
If its the only way to get Dixie and K. Rool at the same time, I'd deal with it, but I'd be very annoyed. I would hope she'd have several things changed so at least she's using her hair for most of her attacks, and by that point she'd be a semiclone anyway. That said, if Sakurai went and made Lucina a bit different, he may have been aware that DK deserves two newcomers as well long before that point and already planned to include both Dixie and K. Rool.
Sort of likewise. I'm not a fan of clone inclusions, but if they don't take up too much development time (Lucina) or manage to get a deserving character included in the game whom they otherwise wouldn't have been (Ganondorf) I don't have too much of a gripe with.

You seem to be a little aggravated that Fire Emblem has more reps than the DK series? I guess I can understand that, although Fire Emblem having so many reps is at least more understandable than Star Fox, and Lucina was originally intended only as an extra. As such, I feel it'd be acceptable if DK even only got 1 newcomer, as Lucina's inclusion was not an intentional matter.

As far newcomers go, I feel we've got at least 2-3 more to go, and if we were to exceed that the other inclusions would more likely be planned skins made into clones or semi-clones. Just my idea on it though, we could be very lucky and have even more original move-set characters than that.

As far as King K. Rool and Dixie Kong goes, although neither are in my top 10 (20th and 21st most wanted respectively), I do feel both are deserving of inclusion. Due to lack of playable villains within SSB, I side more with King K. Rool's inclusion, but otherwise consider them equal in terms of deserving inclusion and would appreciate seeing them both.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord

Dixie could never have worked as a Diddy skin because she doesn't have a tail or use rocket barrels or the peanut popgun.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage

I could begrudgingly accept her as a Lucina situation because Diddy already has a solid moveset and Sakurai did worse to Ganondorf. However, it wouldn't make sense for her to have Diddy's jetpack or Peanut Popguns, as they are Diddy's weapons and Dixie has never used them. She'd also need a new jab animation because she doesn't have Diddy's tail. If she had a mechanic difference, I'd go with WeirdChillFever's idea of giving her Diddy's aerials and using her hair to give her R.O.B.-style momentum boosts. On top of that, she'd be slightly slower, weaker, and more floaty than Diddy.

However, that is absolute worst-case scenario. I would much prefer that she'd be at the very least a semi-clone who is very versatile with her hair.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Dixie could never have worked as a Diddy skin because she doesn't have a tail or use rocket barrels or the peanut popgun.

OH ****ING ****! Are you SERIOUS?!

-_-

Dixie's been my #1 favorite DK character and one of my favorite gaming characters of all time, I've played Dixie Kong and liked her for over 15 years, and I NEVER KNEW SHE DIDN'T HAVE A TAIL?!

Wow, I clearly missed something... I even looked it up after I read that and sure enough...

Of course, you gotta consider that Diddy's tail attacks can be replaced by Dixie's hair attacks, but even then I've heard Diddy only has like one tail attack anyway. Either way, point is, Dixie isn't as close to Diddy as people think.

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
I could begrudgingly accept her as a Lucina situation because Diddy already has a solid moveset and Sakurai did worse to Ganondorf. However, it wouldn't make sense for her to have Diddy's jetpack or Peanut Popguns, as they are Diddy's weapons and Dixie has never used them. She'd also need a new jab animation because she doesn't have Diddy's tail. If she had a mechanic difference, I'd go with WeirdChillFever's idea of giving her Diddy's aerials and using her hair to give her R.O.B.-style momentum boosts. On top of that, she'd be slightly slower, weaker, and more floaty than Diddy.

However, that is absolute worst-case scenario. I would much prefer that she'd be at the very least a semi-clone who is very versatile with her hair.
I imagine her ponytail could stand in for the Diddy's tail attacks, and she does have that Bubble Gum Popgun. As for the Rocket Barrel Jetpack, that could easily be replaced with the rocket powered bongo's from Donkey Kong Barrel Blast. As you've also noted, considering the stretch with Ganondorf having Captain Falcon's move-set, Dixie being a Diddy clone would not be surprising, albeit unfortunate as she does have plenty of unique move-set potential.

I personally feel though that we're drawing near the limit to full newcomers with entirely original move-sets, with an expectation of only 2-3 more. As far as areas that have yet to be covered, heavy weights, retro series reps, and villain newcomers are so far uncovered, sadly none of these categories apply to Dixie. Of course, that is just my own personal conjecture on the matter, we may be fortunate to get Dixie as a fully original move-set character, I'm just not optimistic on the matter.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I imagine her ponytail could stand in for the Diddy's tail attacks, and she does have that Bubble Gum Popgun. As for the Rocket Barrel Jetpack, that could easily be replaced with the rocket powered bongo's from Donkey Kong Barrel Blast. As you've also noted, considering the stretch with Ganondorf having Captain Falcon's move-set, Dixie being a Diddy clone would not be surprising, albeit unfortunate as she does have plenty of unique move-set potential.

I personally feel though that we're drawing near the limit to full newcomers with entirely original move-sets, with an expectation of only 2-3 more. As far as areas that have yet to be covered, heavy weights, retro series reps, and villain newcomers are so far uncovered, sadly none of these categories apply to Dixie. Of course, that is just my own personal conjecture on the matter, we may be fortunate to get Dixie as a fully original move-set character, I'm just not optimistic on the matter.
I still say we won't get Dixie without K. Rool first, but now I think both are highly likely. I'd say K. Rool's at about 85% for me, with Dixie at 60%, but considering the fact that we have barely any DK content at all and DK always gets two stages (so we'd get two per version in this game), I think Sakurai is saving up for something big. DK had by far the biggest revival in recent history as well.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Eh, even if they go with the full-on clone route like Lucina, the Ponytail whirl is just too iconic to ignore. It will be her Up B, or her glide.

It kinda goes against whatever he has done so far to ignore THE most iconic ability of a character.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Eh, even if they go with the full-on clone route like Lucina, the Ponytail whirl is just too iconic to ignore. It will be her Up B, or her glide.

It kinda goes against whatever he has done so far to ignore THE most iconic ability of a character.
Exactly. That's the whole point. That's why I don't see how Dixie will be a clone. At best, she can be a Wolf semiclone (with her own FS), but that's about it.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Diddy only has 2 tail attacks: his jab combo and one ledge attack. If people expect Dixie to be a clone that replaces his tail attacks with her hair then I can't help but laugh. It implies you not only know little of Dixie, but also that you barely know Diddy's moves in Brawl.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Diddy only has 2 tail attacks: his jab combo and one ledge attack. If people expect Dixie to be a clone that replaces his tail attacks with her hair then I can't help but laugh. It implies you not only know little of Dixie, but also that you barely know Diddy's moves in Brawl.
Yeah, I don't get why people think the hair can replace the tail with those attacks considering hair is located on the head and a tail is located on the butt so the attack animation would have to be different and if that's the case, it might as well be a totally different attack.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Dixie could easily be a Diddy Kong style character, but with different specials. Still, specials are such an important part of a character that it could easily be argued that Dixie wasn't a clone at all. So, maybe Sakurai will work in different A moves and grabs involving her hair. Who knows.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I really doubt Dixie will be a full clone of Diddy. I think Sakurai will use Dixie's ponytail abilities pretty wisely. Some of her moves could potentially be a little similar to Diddy like Luigi still has some similar moves like Mario.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I really doubt Dixie will be a full clone of Diddy. I think Sakurai will use Dixie's ponytail abilities pretty wisely. Some of her moves could potentially be a little similar to Diddy like Luigi still has some similar moves like Mario.
The thing people are arguing is: if Sakurai adds K. Rool, maybe Dixie will only get in as a semiclone? That's why this clone argument is coming up.

Top Bottom