• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

bdenhawk

Smash Journeyman
if i remembered more of the peoples names in sc i would agree. i know those first 4 people were pretty good.

but im gonna have to say etwist is probably the best, if i remember when we played back at gold mine. you shoulda went to that tourney sat man!

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I had no timeeeeee.

I'm free for anything now but I don't gotta car.

My Falcos and Falcons gdlk again so we'll see next time we play. :D

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yeah I know.. I just wanna generate some hype. I know one of those people could beat me. I just want SC to be alive with rivalryyyyyyy

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
If stewart had stayed, he would have broken up NC's top four, i honestly believe. He's been in the scene and has about as much experience as anyone. once he scrapes that rust off, he'll be tough to handle.

I loved watching alex's peach. he was already doing so many things right. it made me happy.

wish i woulda seen more from DTF. knowing his style would give me more of an idea for advice and such.

it's just great cuz i can very readily imagine these 10+mott+arc+etwist+dill really getting it going in south carolina again.

bdenhawk

Smash Journeyman
oh lol i didn't read the first part clearly lol. but yeah man sc's got some solid players...esp with those chris just named you guys will be on your way :] maybe next year we can get a nc vs. sc crew goin on! minus kevin though lol

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Meh, I would beat all of you (Wonders if my arrogance will create haters. *****es don't know me yet)

CRAXalfie

Smash Cadet
Finally registered. I'm going to make it to G6.

Figured I'm going to be in Clemson by the 20th and it's just a 2 hour drive from there. I know Brandon and Sean wants to make it out, so we'll see.

My Marth definitely needs some work. I think I spot dodge too much, I noticed a lot of you guys simply block and it works. I spot dodge A LOT, while I do dodge your hits, it doesn't do much for me offensively afterwards. I need to work on edge guarding, the most edge guarding I've ever done was at that tournament and basically learned a few tricks during the friendlies in the early afternoon.

None the less, I need more experience playing against other characters. A decent Shiek can take me because I don't know how to attack one. I just got so used to playing other Marths, Falcos, and Links. I look forward to go against you guys again!

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
OH **** WE REVIVED SC JUST IN TIME FOR ESAM!

we're so nice.

esam, if you enjoy teaching these guys, they will creat a strong scene for you.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
you shouldn't. granted, i don't know you. but...esam is...esam.

i don't know esam either but...

yeah. if esam has better fundamentals than phanna, and i still didn't take close to half the matches vs him, then that dude is good.

now that i realize SC will have motivation and esam...things just got interesting.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Tooooo badddd. lol

I'm not the type of person that's like "this guy is good omgggg" I really don't care. I think I can beat em.. If I can't then okay.. I still got better by playin him. :]

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i feel you. i'd love to play esam soon, especially after playing phanna a few times this summer. i'd like to get a good look at the contrast of samii.

i just forgot that SC would be getting the best samus main not named hugs (or duck) in a couple weeks.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
isnt spaceballs better? or darrell...or plup...idk I know esam is good but I always thought those guys were better at melee stuff.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
not sure. darrell maybe. plup probably. and i guess spaceballs is at least in better practice if nothing else, considering he was put on the crew and esam was left.

florida is scary though. it's a shame their scene is semidead.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
IHSB was put on because I hadn't played Melee in a month before Genesis. They asked me, but I said to go with IHSB because he was more in practice and I was a co-captain/competitor for Brawl crews, so I didn't want to make either game wait.

I would say me and Darrel are on the same level, I need to shake my rust off. Plup and HugS are better than me. IHSB, I think, is slightly worse than me (I mean, I didn't watch him and we played in pools, I won 2-0 DITTOS BABY). I'm way better than Phanna, he is just super flashy. Top 3 Samuses considering I play the game once every 2 months is pretty legit.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
When is the next tournament in SC? I want it to be soon, but has to be after G6 because that is the day I move in. The 3rd of September or something would be awesome though :D

IIUnrulyII

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, Im a smasher in Columbia..just looking for some good competition. I love having big get togethers with other smash players and have smashfests and tournys. ATM I havent run into many people that can play well against my fox/lucario. So if anyone would ever like to hang/game/smash or whatever just send me a pm and add me on fb and I'll get some of my pals to and try to get something going..have a good one!

weez nuts sc

Smash Cadet
sup esam there really aren't any regular tournaments in sc, i feel like this goose creek thing could become regular though. where will you be in south carolina? there are a few smashers dispersed around that could give you some decent matches, you've just gotta look lol

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
IHSB was put on because I hadn't played Melee in a month before Genesis. They asked me, but I said to go with IHSB because he was more in practice and I was a co-captain/competitor for Brawl crews, so I didn't want to make either game wait.

I would say me and Darrel are on the same level, I need to shake my rust off. Plup and HugS are better than me. IHSB, I think, is slightly worse than me (I mean, I didn't watch him and we played in pools, I won 2-0 DITTOS BABY). I'm way better than Phanna, he is just super flashy. Top 3 Samuses considering I play the game once every 2 months is pretty legit.
This makes me wish Rohins still played more often.

IIUnrulyII

Smash Rookie
When is the next tournament in SC? I want it to be soon, but has to be after G6 because that is the day I move in. The 3rd of September or something would be awesome though :D
I wouldn't mind knowing the date of the next tourny here as well haha.

I have to go back to college Sept. 1 in Greenwood, hoping that there are some going on around that area..hopefully in Greenville.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
sup esam there really aren't any regular tournaments in sc, i feel like this goose creek thing could become regular though. where will you be in south carolina? there are a few smashers dispersed around that could give you some decent matches, you've just gotta look lol
I'ma be at Clemson.

CRAXalfie

Smash Cadet
I'ma be at Clemson.
We need to play sometime then. I'm going to be in Clemson as well, along with Jr (#1 in the power ranking). We are living at The Groves this year, off of six mile hwy, same road as College Ave.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
Hey everyone, Im a smasher in Columbia..just looking for some good competition. I love having big get togethers with other smash players and have smashfests and tournys. ATM I havent run into many people that can play well against my fox/lucario. So if anyone would ever like to hang/game/smash or whatever just send me a pm and add me on fb and I'll get some of my pals to and try to get something going..have a good one!
You play Brawl?
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:phone:

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
going to be passing through south carolina (driving from charlotte to charleston) on thursday afternoon/evening. anyone in columbia, charleston, or somewhere in b/t interested in playing? also if anyone is in charleston i'll be there thursday through saturday.

Spank That Dill

Smash Journeyman
OMFG with all this melee activity. holy ****.

I wish kidd/scha/yoshido were here to see this.

oh my god i'm so excited about this

EDIT: USC vs Clemson crew battle anyone? even though me and Austin don't go there anymore we should be honorary members

scha-k-47

Smash Journeyman
Greenville, SC (summer) West Chester, PA (school)
I am still around and check in every once in a while. I am actually in town for this week and this week only. I don't play smash much anymore but if anyone is down for games of Marvel or SSF4 then I would be down.

If you are interested in contacting me I think you can dig up my old posts and find my number in a thread about the tournament I used to host.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
he is the best brawl pikachu and the best brawl player in the south...and one of the best samuses in melee

IIUnrulyII

Smash Rookie
You play Brawl?
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:phone:
Sarcasm? haha
I play melee too, but I don't have it atm so im just brawling :p

And I've never heard of Esam until a few days ago.. I'm not saying I'm doubting his skill, but I don't agree with stinger's comment about being the best in the south. Unless he's beaten all of the smash players in the south ^_^ until then I'll remain skeptical haha.

Top Bottom