• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, i really can't figure unruly out. i guess he'll maybe understand when he plays him?

it makes me wonder what brawl players he has heard of, if he hasn't heard of esam.

either way, good stuff wanting to play. If you do live in columbia, i'm sure you'll play him sooner than later.

IIUnrulyII

Smash Rookie
yeah, i really can't figure unruly out. i guess he'll maybe understand when he plays him?

it makes me wonder what brawl players he has heard of, if he hasn't heard of esam.

either way, good stuff wanting to play. If you do live in columbia, i'm sure you'll play him sooner than later.
Haha maybe I would get a better understanding of his skill if I played him once. And its good to know that you aren't trolling lol neither am I. I only know a few of the big names on the smash scene..only because I don't care much for looking people up. I've had my share of playing very good people as well, even some really good tourny winners and have beaten them back to back. Just saying, you can't say someone/something is the best if it hasn't been compared with every other thing like it haha.

But hopefully we can go against each other ASAP XD from what I've been reading it should be a good challenge.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Lol... yo ESAM is is like mad good. I think you should stop acting like you're hot ****. I'm pretty sure none of those people you beat never placed top 5 in MLG.. (That was ESAM right? I don't really follow brawl). Just sayin.

:phone:

IIUnrulyII

Smash Rookie
Lol... yo ESAM is is like mad good. I think you should stop acting like you're hot ****. I'm pretty sure none of those people you beat never placed top 5 in MLG.. (That was ESAM right? I don't really follow brawl). Just sayin.

:phone:
I apologize for coming off as trying to be "hot 4asterisks" but I'm just stating my opinion about the situation. If you were comfy with knowing how good esam is then you wouldn't be leaping to attack me. Esam if you're reading this, gj on placing top 5 and your other accoladesj, and you right etwist nobody that I have played against has ever been to mlg..But can you take into consideration that everyone isn't well off/lucky/free enough to make it to mlg. And what year did he do this thing at mlg? Sorry don't feel like googling him up :/ Also know that the meta game changes all the time so..I'm not trying to say "I'M" the best or better than him..just saying he may have more competition than he thinks haha. Oh and I can understand the whole not following brawl thing..some people like brawl more,some like melee more, some even like the first the most..all preference man. Do you.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i think this is why the smash community is often viewed as elitist by others, because everyone thinks their a hotshot at smash before joining it, and then when people try to tell them how wrong they are, they just think we're lying to them >.>

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
*shrug* thats why i went to the SC tourney. i think me, snap, bden and felipe were like the perfect four to introduce melee to goose creek lol. it's hella easier to show than to tell.

but in brawl, sometimes even when it's shown it doesn't make sense lol. as i've said before, i still don't quite understand what it takes to be good in brawl.

IIUnrulyII

Smash Rookie
i wish i could be there when you play esam.

i have a feeling at least one of you will end up being ridiculously surprised.
^^^Sure,why not?

i think this is why the smash community is often viewed as elitist by others, because everyone thinks their a hotshot at smash before joining it, and then when people try to tell them how wrong they are, they just think we're lying to them >.>
^^Ok didn't know the smash community was often viewed as elitist by others..just said I don't think I'm a hotshot, so I hop you aren't directing that towards me. If anything, I try to be conservative when it comes to talking about skill in RL. And I believe you guys, I've seen ESAM's vids and admit he's a good player. There, we should be done now..Can we live in peace now?

brawl's all about patience and punishment
Yea, but melee can be played the same way too...Its just more of a factor when it comes to winning in brawl.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Unruly is rather amusing. I bet he thinks that beating level 9 cpu's is an accomplishment.

Ahh, I can run this region with my 2nd and 3rd. Quite fun times are ahead.

For reference:

me vs razer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp_HbvklfPE
me vs ally http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bewN-dl9o1w
me vs m2k http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GfoP6EgmHo
me vs Lee Martin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cJVCveb6NE&feature=related
me vs Mike Haze http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZXDpn-_gF0

Hopefully you have heard these few names.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
If I played him I would use DK, not Pikachu. My point still stands (Also, 8bitman is better than you)

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
sigh..

Esam, just play and punish them. no need to post about your greatness.
Also, Darrel and Darrell are two very different things.

In other news, Melee training has begun. Be afraid, SC. (as if I'll ever actually get a chance to play most of you......)

budahboi

Smash Apprentice
**** man. i'm going up to columbia this weekend.
dammit josh, Imma still be here in chas cause i'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled mon. but i haven't played you in a good minute man.

I'm hoping SC smash will get big enough for us to have upstate vs lowcountry battles!

EDIT: ETWIST PM me your # i wanna play you...

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
But I'm having fun with it :D I'm nice in person and I give people advice. There is a difference between arrogance and smug arrogance.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Haha, if you're the best, there is a certain confidence that you have. Being confident and even a little arrogant is okay as long as you're not being a big ******* and lording it over people.

I wouldn't mind getting destroyed by playing against ESAM and getting some pointers :awesome: I'll definitely take any advice I can get.

CRAXalfie

Smash Cadet
yoooo sc i am in n. myrtle beach till sunday. let me know if someone possibly wants to play!
Ironic. While you were in SC this weekend, my family and I were in Charlotte. We actually ran into Felipe at a Shell gas station off W Sugar Creek Road on the way back home...WTF. What a small *** world.

Top Bottom