• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

K_Walk

Smash Apprentice
This crew battle at CMU sounded like a fun idea to me, so I told Sheik I was dowwn. Plus, it's like a 3 minute walk away. Is anyone else aside from the Tim/Taki/Justin/Naka crew coming? It'd be cool to see others represent, minus the fact that more crews = longer tournament.

There are so many posts in this thread it's difficult to keep up with so I'm not sure what was reiterated before, but for those considering what it would be like, don't expect much. Yeah as the other CMU'ers stated before, it's just a lecture hall. And competition at CMU is abundant but skillwise, not great.

I'm busy until Wednesday evening, until which I'm free for the rest of the week. I'm down to smash on Thursday wherever; Pocky Wes Sheik, my house is open if you wanna play, or we can play wherever else I don't care.

As for that Ohio tournament... ehh... how far away is it?

If anything, I'd go for that Ohio vs. Pittsburgh crew battle, that sounds like fun. But looks like a full-10 roster =/.

pockyD

Smash Legend
3-min walk from his house (probably a bit of an exaggeration but it's clear walking distance)

like i said earlier it's 10-15 mins by bus from duquesne, probably 10 or so by regular car minus traffic

kwalk of course if you drive you have a spot =). assuming there are 2 cars going with 5 people each, that's only 10 people total. from the people they were counting earlier you can strike naka.. only big problem being deciding which of the rest of us (me wes sheik tim taki) doesn't get to go =\... but of course if you decide to go you'll show us cmu guys some love righ? =)

the place for the 4/7 tournament is just over 2 hours away according to mapquest

i may or may not want to play thursday seeing as i'm playing wednesday and friday, but give me your number or something (PM if you don't want to post it here, or AIM = horizonflash)

edit: also some of those allegheny whatever dudes might be coming to the crew thing friday; i forwarded the ad to one of their guys and he said they might be interested

takieddine

Smash Master
so wait, why this "crew" battle?

seems too much bother...

I'm assuming the lecture hall has more room than the nitespot, but do we have to bring our own setups then?

Also for anyone new/ish (as in not from pittsburgh) we'll be at the usual nitespot, from then you have the option to stay, or leave for the CMU "crew" battle...

pockyD

Smash Legend
it's a cmu event so i think that the best cmu has to offer should be there =)

as for everyone else, some people just like crew battles, some like the chance of easy money (small as it may be), some want to play new competition (even though you'll definitely get much fewer matches in than staying at duquesne); i don't know really, but i do know i personally want to be there to rep cmu -_-

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
on a more important note a much more important one...

@ Kwalk, the Ohio tourney is roughly a 2hr drive and you are probly the only other source of trans that we can possibly have. I'd say that you should drive up so we can crew battle ohio, and if you drive up, you will definetly have a spot, thats like automatic if you drive, so drive up and bring the 4 more guys to back up rob and MCC in crews. This Pittsburgh vs Ohio thing will be epic :p and you'll probly meet vidjo.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
...dude, seriously, stop with the random spam crap.
its ok shiek, you have to be gay, if you weren't you would lose your powers.:laugh:

So i am going to leave here at 4 30 to go to duquesne........is anyone going to be there to play?

xyt

Smash Lord
anyways Wes, Kevin, Me, n Kwalk : D
we are CMU crew~ yay!
hope we get at least two crews from DUQ on fri.
tim's crew and mcc : D
hehee looks like it's gonna be fun : D

I Must Be Leet!!!!!!!!!

pdk

Smash Lord
truly a milestone in the history of this fine, proud thread

but it is I who shall make the replies count on the forum page reach 1337!

pdk

Smash Lord
it's like i said man

time to bust out the spacemakers and make excuses about why non-invited people came anyway!

pdk

Smash Lord
Nope, that is some top shelf information right there.
cure for cancer discovered as a hidden message inside 1337th post

COINCIDENCE?

anyway, roll call for folks who are gonna be there all day this friday

pockyD

Smash Legend
naka when are you free tomorrow? i just talked to kwalk and he said he'd be free all day, and from what i remember, wes finishes at 1:30 so i assume we'd be free to play in the afternoon if we're playing tomorrow

K_Walk

Smash Apprentice
Naka, give me a call I'm down to play early afternoon if that's when you're free. Or actually just post on the boards, I will simply check the thread whenever I wake up, probably around noon, hopefully earlier.

pdk

Smash Lord
you people are gonna be all smashed out tomorrow and that's no good :\

Top Bottom