• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Alan is riding with ya'll _HARM_?

yo naka for the sake of the crew battle coolness that is the most cool of all coolness in the history of coolness we should squeeze for one more. I dont care who it is, but we need ten

pdk

Smash Lord
...who the he1l cares about registering?
jesus cares, and he's also outraged that the bugmenot accounts for mlgpro don't work right

trust me, he's taking it pretty hard so don't mention it to him

anyway, we still having the usual session this friday?

pockyD

Smash Legend
what's the real problem with registering? it takes less than 3 minutes and they don't ask for any important information, and i haven't gotten any spam at all from when i signed up

i think friday is on but it'll end earlier for most of us if we go to this crew tournament. of course anyone there is welcome to come to the crew tournament too =)

D20

Smash Lord
That's rough...

In my car we have:
Myself
Evan
Corey
Matt
Alan

If one of those guys drops, Taki has the next seat.

For this Friday, why don't we all meet at Duquesne for the usual deal, then a couple people drive the rest of us (whoever wants to) over to the crew battle?

pockyD

Smash Legend
for the record, cmu is about a 10 minute car drive from duquesne (may or may not have traffic though)

it's also one just one leg of a bus ride (which i believe is $1.75 each way) which runs really frequently

xyt

Smash Lord
wow.. so much is going on T_T)...
sucks that there is only one car going ......
anyways......
as for the wed. nightspot i won't be making it = /
and i won't be making it friday either.

as for the crew battle tourny i'm there and it seems like

Me
Wes
Pocky
Kwalk

but i'm gonna need to follow up on kwalk : D
hope you other guys make it as crews : D
and like the ad said in the worst case scenario
you can pick up teammates after you get there
well i'll see you guys on friday then !

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
oh crap I just saw this. Who still needs someone on their crew or wants to form an impromptu crew for friday? And I can shuttle from duquesne if that's a problem

xyt

Smash Lord
Wes & Pocky:
Kwalk says that he's in so it'll be the 4 of us @ the crew battle : D
he says that he hasn't played for a while and is willing to play a bit on thursday
if you guys are up for it : D

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
Who set up this crew battle? is there a big smash scene at cmu??? i thought the only scene in pittsburgh was at duquesne....is there a thread for this????? How many smashers is there i dont know about?

i have transportation wednesday to duquesne.

pockyD

Smash Legend
cmu smash is okay, but most anyone worth anything has been to duq anyway

main thing is just that they only run like one or two smash events over the course of the year so it's not a big community or anything, just people that play smash randomly show up

for the record the last time they ran a 1v1 tournament wes and sheik took 1+2 by a landslide (i lost because i played donkey kong in my last match; it wasn't for money so whatever -_-)

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
oooo, so its pretty much going to be the duquesne scene + semi noobs?

i dunno if this is gonna be as good as competing for the coveted smasher of the day tourney, but i hope it is.

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
Ok, for this friday, myself, Switch, and Demon will have no school, making us free to come as early as people start showing up. When might that be?

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
booo!!! Well we should have a sotd tourney next week then since where skipping it this week. Man, i really wanted a shot at the sotd tourney certificate but i guess i will have to wait.

takieddine

Smash Master
O.M.F.G WTF is HAPPENING?!

there now thats out of my system...

Anywho...summary..

theres smash wednesday at the nitespot?!

also thursday, but thats just you crazy CMU people...

and Friday this random crew battle came out of nowhere...?, how is the place that they're holding this crew battle, how big is it, how many setups etc...? also how long is it gonna last, and are we gonna be able to get friendlies in...?

if the competition is crapish, why would you guys bother to crew battle there and not the nitespot?( that is given that the nitespot is a bigger venue)..

Also for the ride to Ohio, if someone can convince Kwalk to go, i'm sure it wouldnt be that hard...If i'm allowed to go i'll see if i can hitch us an extra ride with our minivan...

pockyD

Smash Legend
summary:

there is smash tomorrow if you want there to be =). just name a time (i'm free after 4:30, i don't know about anyone else)

there wasn't really smash planned on thursday as far as i know, but i do know that we cmu-ers do randomly play on weekdays when we feel like it

friday the crew tournament is for $$MONEY~~$$ (a huge $1). i'm convinced the setup will suck *** (they usually run stuff in a lounge with 3 TVs + 1 projector, but this is in a lecture hall so i don't know how they will fit stuff in)

as for ohio i guess we'll talk to kwalk friday or something, but if you could get a ride for us that would be SUPER

Gravyguy101

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I'm coming up this weekend for a rugby tournament, but Im leaving early hoping to get some decent playing time at DUQ, just need a relative time to get there, I read some of you are free all day, just let me know what time you guys are going to get there. Its a 3 hour drive from here and I'm sure it will take me another 3 hours just to find the **** place. Let me know

SwiftBass

Smash Hero

Also for the ride to Ohio, if someone can convince Kwalk to go, i'm sure it wouldnt be that hard...If i'm allowed to go i'll see if i can hitch us an extra ride with our minivan...
ok taki, can u give me a percentage of the chances of u getting a ride for us? and any other details possible? I just wondering if this is like a shot in the dark or some nice plan that has a chance of working because I was so pumped intially when I thought we had a ride.

Ok, for this friday, myself, Switch, and Demon will have no school, making us free to come as early as people start showing up. When might that be?
friday ppl are as early as 1pm. I know that Im going to be there @ my usual tim which is about 3:30-4pm.

wow folks we got alot of shiz going down this week. Lets try to stay organized with thoughts and even make little reference notes if needed.

Hey guys, I'm coming up this weekend for a rugby tournament, but Im leaving early hoping to get some decent playing time at DUQ, just need a relative time to get there, I read some of you are free all day, just let me know what time you guys are going to get there. Its a 3 hour drive from here and I'm sure it will take me another 3 hours just to find the **** place. Let me know
I recommend being there @ about 2pm or so, because i know that some of us are there @ one and that the majority of us show up @ about 3pm. Keep an eye out all through the week, as friday gets closer we usually all post our times. What School u goto?

pdk

Smash Lord
so for those of us not likely to be heading off to whatever tourney is going on, what's the likelihood of not having a repeat of last week where almost everyone left early?

TSK

Smash Apprentice
Tomorrow I have class til about 430 so if people still want to play tomorrow I might be able to stay for a couple hours after to join in....

Friday, I'll be there around 1 as usual but I have a test a 2 so I don't know how much smashing I'll be doing till 3ish :ohwell:

Am I the only person who doesn't at all care for this whole crew battle idea and would just rather host something at the nitespot?
Something at the nitespot would be fine with me if enough people just want to stay there.....

D20

Smash Lord
Tommorrow I'm free from around 2 til 6. I'll be there... even if that means skipping class.

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only person who doesn't at all care for this whole crew battle idea and would just rather host something at the nitespot?
waitwaitwait...You mean its not at the nitespot this friday?! That would be NG. Can i get a for sure word, because last time I almost went, then I got punched in the face by what you MTV watchers call "Spring Break" whatever the hell that is...

xyt

Smash Lord
OKAY RECAP ON WHAT'S GOING ON

Wed:
some people want to play smash and are planning to play at the nitespot (DUQ)

Thur:
nothing official but CMU ppl play at random times and may play friendlies somewhere

Fri:
Usual nitespot is taking place. This usually opens up around noon~1 ish but most ppl get there around 3 or 4
HOWEVER!! there is a crew battle tournament @ CMU hosted by OGS (Online Game Society)
starting at 7 pm. Therefore many people are leaving the nitespot early or not showing up in order to play in this tournament.

**looks like the usual SotD tourny @ DUQ will be held next week.

Ohio Tourney 4/7:
Right now i take it there is only the MCC going since naka can't go anymore
(Rob, Corey, Evan, Matt + Alan etc.)
however taki seems to be trying to get another car for us to get more ppl to the tourny
currently (SWFT, Wes, Pocky, & Me (XYT)) are on the waitlist
otherwise we might ask Kwalk to see if want's to go

If i'm missing anything someone say something
and ppl stop being confused !! @_@)!!

Top Bottom