• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

A-Laon

Smash Master
talk to d20

SMASHER OF THE DAY THIS WEEK OOOOO YEAAAA THAT CERTIFICATE IS MINE.:chuckle:
Oh right. I still need my certificates too. God **** weather kept me home when they were ready.

And, obviously Evan, even if you did by some universe-defying chance win this week, do know that it would mean nothing if your certificate were not first stained with my blood.

I'll see you in the tournament.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
If anyone is interested in seeing a very nice Marth play, I suggest checking out the Gigabits videos that Dark Falchion plays DaShizWiz (who I find to be one of the best looking/technical Falco/Foxes I've seen but at the same time quite possibly the stupidest). Yeah but anyway those are some pretty nice vids check them out if you have some free time (they are in the 1v1 section).

DaShizWiz gets Shizzed on by the way.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
If anyone is interested in seeing a very nice Marth play, I suggest checking out the Gigabits videos that Dark Falchion plays DaShizWiz (who I find to be one of the best looking/technical Falco/Foxes I've seen but at the same time quite possibly the stupidest). Yeah but anyway those are some pretty nice vids check them out if you have some free time (they are in the 1v1 section).

DaShizWiz gets Shizzed on by the way.

like he may not be the "best" marth out there but he gets huge props from me. I love the way he controls his marth, its so precise.....everyone needs to see the first few stocks in this match and i recommend watching the whole set. Thanks Matt for that, now im this much closer to playing Marth hardcore(not giving up fox) but marth is my fav character.......ooohhhhh *watches first 30 sec a million times......WTF powershield???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpVcYgtpZSQ

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
i'll refrain form my last statement, after seeing the whole set twice in a row, hmm dashizwiz just had to turn on the I win button and make it happen. He blew dude out on alot of stock and a few gimps made the games decently close.....nevertheless DF's marth is pretty sweet especially in the beginning, but he seemed to lose a bit of steam towards the middle/end :(

wow shizwiz's fox moves so fast SHFLES alot......*jumps back on space animal boat*

SwiftBass

Smash Hero

Wes wants seat too, but considering that Shiek kicked my *** tonight, it should probably go to him.

oh snap welcome back. You CMU'ers and ur "other-worldly journies" its like u guys just "blink" out and suddenly come back(haha i made a magic funny).

anyways, F**K that son i say we fit uncomfortably in a car for once. *Calls Shotgun*lol

Taki plz bring recording equiptment for this occassion.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
well in our car, its me, rob, and corey. It seems like taki is going with you guys because we where going to take him. I think if Alan can get to duquesne he has next dibs on a seat.......but thats all up to rob.

Its sweet scs is going to. Where going to show ohio what pgh smash is like.

pockyD

Smash Legend
so

"Hey everyone, welcome back from spring break. We've got a tournament coming up this Friday.
Here are some details:

Come to the 1st Annual OGS Super Smash Brothers Melee 4v4 Crew Battle!
Bring Your Friends or Find a Team There!

Who: You and 3 Friends
What: $4 BUY-IN PER 4 MAN TEAM. CASH PRIZE SPLIT FOR TOP THREE TEAMS! DRINKS PROVIDED
Where: DH 2210
When: March 23, 2007 (This Friday)
Time: 7:00 PM - 11:50 PM

Crew Battle Rules:
-TEAMS of 4, 16 stock per team, (4 stock per player)
-played in a 1v1 match style, stock is carried on to next game
for example if team 1 wins 1st battle with 2 stock left, that 2 stock is carried onto 2nd battle and so on
-1st round is a random stage, arbitrary character selection (the other team will not know which character you picked)
-Team that wins each round stays as same character
-Team that loses each round picks character and stage
-Stages are standard MLG 1v1 stages.
-Default Random Stages: yoshi's story, fountain of dreams, pokemon stadium, final destination, battlefield, kirby's dream land n64
-Counterpick Stages: corneria, rainbow cruise, jungle japes, green green, brinstar, mute city, poke floats, Dk jungle (n64)
-Swiss or Double Elimination Tournament Mode
"

a little bit of a crappy ruleset, primarily being that if the losing team counterpicks stage, winning team should get to change character (who wants to play IC on pokefloats or the like)

also DH2210 is a lecture hall, with a small up-front section and cascading seats, so that seems like an odd choice

sheik wes me and a ptbnl (it could be YOU) will probably be rockin this, so that is THIS FRIDAY

edit: also for anyone who didn't know, MLG's free VOD is now working, so mlgpro.com for some sweet sweet vids =)

pockyD

Smash Legend
i'll still be going to duq at 1-ish and just going back to cmu in time for the tournament, but since sheik/wes generally go later, i don't know if they intend to go to duq at all

edit: and evan if you want to play this week and really do have transportation, just let me know a time and place (i'd prefer my place but hey, we can always go to nitespot or something x.x )

pdk

Smash Lord
the flash plastered all over MLG's site makes me want to kill

but anyway, if you've got seating problems in that car why not make use of some stylish spacemakers?

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the update pocky
i just watched some of the sweetest matches i have ever seen:chuckle:

http://www.mlgpro.com/?q=node/63023

Hugs is my hero:chuckle:

the stuff he does to pc chris is disgusting!

p.s. pocky i am pretty sure i am free wednesday, if we could play at the night spot that would be great......could we get anyone else? sorry but if we do ....i may be playing some fox hahahah

pdk

Smash Lord
free VOD would be TOTALLY AWESOME if it didn't involve registering, but alas

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
awwww looks like there isnt going to be a tourny at duquesne, well i really want to do the crew battle thing......M.C.C. perhpaps, unless rob goes with naka.......anybody else wanna join up?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
awwww looks like there isnt going to be a tourny at duquesne, well i really want to do the crew battle thing......M.C.C. perhpaps, unless rob goes with naka.......anybody else wanna join up?
correction, we wont steal rob from MCC

the current crew seems to be:

Me
Naka
Taki
(dum dum dum)Justin

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
correction, we wont steal rob from MCC

the current crew seems to be:

Me
Naka
Taki
(dum dum dum)Justin
see you in crews swift!!!!!!

o and d20 had an awesome idea. Since there will be 10 smashers from pgh going to ohio april 7th, we should have a pgh vs. ohio crew battle 40 stock and film it :chuckle:

i just watched that ken counters pc chris videos and puked in my mouth a little:p

Top Bottom