• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official PIT Adoration Topic

GenG

Smash Lord
I can see Pit having a somewhat low running speed, because it is pretty hard to run in sandals. His jump and attack stats might be undetermined because

1. The team has not decided how many additional jumps Pit will get.

2. Pit has two attacking stances with different power focuses depending on if his bow is split or not.
I don't think there are such things as stances. The splitting bow is most likely to be a very creative way to give him basic A moves without relying too much on uncool punches and kicks. Pit switches between the daggers and the bow blade as part of his moves.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Poor poor Bisho Pit... You're nothing but fanservice and yaoi fanart now :/

...anyways, Pit had a buttload of items in Kid Icarus, what are YOU talking about :p

He had the mallet that could smash Centurion statues to bring them to life; they'd help you in boss fights.

You could train with Zeus to power up your arrows, and then buy fire to put on the tips to give them more range.

Pit carried a stock of wine in barrels to refill health, and a stock of angel feathers to save him if he fell of a stage (they flung him back towards the top).

He could get special crystals later on that would protect him from damage by spinning around and taking blows. You can summon them from a magic wand.

And then he had the three Sacred Treasures he used in the last stage: The Arrows of Light, the Wings of Pegasus, and the Silver Armor/Mirror Shield (it's Armor in Kid Icarus GB, but the Shield in the NES game). The Light Arrows fired like lasers, the Wings let him fly indefinitely (he just had a slow, high jump in the NES game; in the GB game the wings helped to slow his falls and give him a slight bit more distance on jumps), and the Shield reflected Medusa's eye beams (the Armor in the GB game includes the shield, btw, and in the NES game, he wears the armor after getting all three treasures :p).

Pit also could play a harp when it appeared in levels that would turn all the enemies into mallets (since mallets were one-time-use).

And... hmm. He needed a pencil, paper, and a torch to create a map in dungeons, but that doesn't translate well to a Smash attack :p

The currency in Angel Land, btw, is hearts, and Pit can use those to buy stuff from shopkeeps or the black market. He can also find credit cards lying around and use those instead, but you only have to pay them back (w/ interest!) later on XD

Pit has a LOOOT of possibilites and background that you youngin's just don't know or haven't seen yet. Kid Icarus SERIOUSLY is the same calibre and popularity as Metroid, Zelda, Mario, blah blah... It just never saw its third title in the series because the director had other projects at the time, and then left Nintendo. Only reason. It was wildly popular in its heyday.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Y'know, the first room you can enter on my Kid Icarus ROM is empty. Isn't it supposed to be a God's Room?

And everyone loves Bisho Pit. How can you not? Even I'll admit that I like Bisho Pit. =)

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
You go back to the beginning of the game again when you beat it. So you can enter it once you get everything and return :p

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Ohhh my bad. I get frustrated with that game anyway. It's difficult. =P

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Ahh, Pit......booooo.... Meta Knight would whip Pit anyday. How can people pick Pit over Meta Knight anyway....

icymatt

Smash Lord
Ahh, Pit......booooo.... Meta Knight would whip Pit anyday. How can people pick Pit over Meta Knight anyway....
Because, as cool as Meta-Knight is, IT's FREAKIN' PIT! FROM FREAKIN' KID ICARUS! You wanna know how long Nintendo fans have waited for Pit to appear in a new game? A FREAKIN' LONG TIME!

Mich

Smash Cadet
Glowing angel bangles and what appears to be a skintight black unitard or bikeshorts combo has never looked better on a male videogame character, and I mean that sincerely.

Not since "Altered Beast" has a Greco/Roman sidescrolling protagonist looked this good.

That said, I couldn't help be a little bit disappointed with his design when I first saw it. The slick hair and smooth boyish features archetype just reminds me of every Square company cutscene I've watched in the past nine years.

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
OOOOOHHHH PIT, how long have I waited to see you in 3D (Melee trophy is not very... nice...) Oh wait, does that mean our little powerhouse of mass destruction (Pit>Metaknight even at 3 O´Clock in the morning) will get his own Wii Kid Icarus Game? *puts Kid Icarus Wii on christmas/birthday present list*

YAY for Pit

Maybe we get some more Kid Icarus Charas

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
-___-

I can't wait for u! jajajaj lol, **** it! I wanna play with u and make u cry of happiness, the happiness that u will feel when I play with u and make u win! yay! Do u want it, isn't it? LOL
ok that sounded very weird! jajaja! o___O

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
jajaja, that sounded voll weird, ey

but it´s Pit, so I let you go crazy, cause it´s Pit, Pit, crazy Pit

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Yes yes yes!
PIT FTW!
I will so use him in Brawl, regardless of the tiers (then again, i always disregard tiers).
He looks so cool, also, in the trailer, his fair looked like it functioned like Ness'!:chuckle:
I just wished I could have played his games.
i just somehow knew he would be in Brawl though. In Melee, I saw his trophy, and I was like "They will make him look cool, and put him in the next smash".

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Before Brawl, I heard OF Pit, but never thought too much about him.

I read about him though, and found out that, back in Nintendo's golden years, he was as big as Mario, Legend of Zelda, and Metroid!

Then when I saw him in Brawl, I became REALLY interested in him! I'm glad he's coming back after all these years!

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Pit Forgive ME!!!

Before Brawl, I heard OF Pit, but never thought too much about him.

I read about him though, and found out that, back in Nintendo's golden years, he was as big as Mario, Legend of Zelda, and Metroid!

Then when I saw him in Brawl, I became REALLY interested in him! I'm glad he's coming back after all these years!
WOW O_O! I feel bad not knowing him now:urg: . Forgive me Pit. *an arrow from the sky goes through Nietendodudes heart* "**** it." *Falls down and dies* *Wakes up* "Woah only a nightmare." " I better download Kid Icarus off of Wii shop channel right now" *as he gets up a arrow misses him and hits his bed* OK? *starts playing the game*

WOW O_O! I feel bad not knowing him now:urg: . Forgive me Pit. *an arrow from the sky goes through Nietendodues heart* "**** it." *Falls down and dies* *Wakes up* "Woah only a nightmare." " I better download Kid Icarus off of Wii shop channel right now" *as he gets up a arrow misses him and hits his bed* OK? *starts playing the game*
Yes,the facial expression on my avatar is the stare of death.

I love Pit,I love this Topic!!! ^^

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Yes, yes, yes. Let us all sing the praises of the hero of Kid Icarus. I always knew Pit was going to make it into Smash. Don't ask me how. I just knew. And he's definately looking good now that he shows up. He looks a hell of a lot better than he did in that Melee trophy. That looked like something straight out of a Popeye cartoon. *shudders* Bad memories. Anyway, all hail the kick-*** new Pit!

And in celebration, here's a funny comic featuring Pit!
http://www.awkwardzombie.com/comic1-111506.php

Don't ask why, just laugh. I guess I'm just in a good mood or something. ^_^

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Yes, yes, yes. Let us all sing the praises of the hero of Kid Icarus. I always knew Pit was going to make it into Smash. Don't ask me how. I just knew. And he's definately looking good now that he shows up. He looks a hell of a lot better than he did in that Melee trophy. That looked like something straight out of a Popeye cartoon. *shudders* Bad memories. Anyway, all hail the kick-*** new Pit!

That was awesome. *Two thumbs up*

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
WOW O_O! I feel bad not knowing him now:urg: . Forgive me Pit. *an arrow from the sky goes through Nietendodues heart* "**** it." *Falls down and dies* *Wakes up* "Woah only a nightmare." " I better download Kid Icarus off of Wii shop channel right now" *as he gets up a arrow misses him and hits his bed* OK? *starts playing the game*
Kid Icarus was the first game I downloaded from thw Wii Shop!

Stryks

Smash Hero

man that is so funny, no matter how may times I c it I cant stop laughing, those comics are awesome!

Pit FTW!!

Keige

Smash Journeyman
I was sure VG-Cats had a SSB related comic with Pit in it, but I couldn't find it.

Top Bottom