• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official PIT Adoration Topic

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Pit is a total fox
From the looks of it he should be able to use his bow, which will totally pwn links
And if SSBB follows the same pattern as its previous titles, then you should start the game with every character from ssbm, plus these five (in ssbm you started with every character from ssb plus Zelda/shiek peach bowser and ice climbers) excluding Jiggs of course
So yeah at the start of the game, Ill def be maining Pit because hes so sexy'
Also it seems he will have the same jumping style as jiggs kirby and now metaknight
which should be very interesting since weve never seen a decent character witht that jumping style
I could rant baout this foreger but Im still cleaning the mess from my multiple emotional orgasms

The Other Wind

Smash Apprentice
pit and wario main ftw.

I think wario will be the first heavyweight top tier.

New tier list

Sheik Tier:

Zero Suit Samus

Top:

Wario
Zelda
Mr. Game and Watch

Upper:

Donkey Kong
Fox
Pit
Mewtwo
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi

High:

Metaknight
Roy
Samus
Pikachu
Link
Mario
Doc Mario

Mid:

Kirby
Ness
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf

Low:
Marth
Young Link
Pichu

Bottom:
Sheik
Falco

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
The Other Wind said:
pit and wario main ftw.

I think wario will be the first heavyweight top tier.

New tier list

top:

Zero Suit Samus
Wario
Zelda
Mr. Game and Watch
Donkey Kong

Upper:

Fox
Pit
Mewtwo
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi

High:

Roy
Samus
Pikachu
Link
Mario
Doc Mario

Mid:

Kirby
Ness
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf

Low:
Marth
Young Link
Pichu

Bottom:
Sheik
Falco

sounds really good... I'd put marth under young link though

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
can someone here help me out, perhaps?

i really want a Pit wallpaper. 1024x768 screen capture of him aiming his bow and arrow, but before they introduce him as a newcomer. this happens in the trailer.

any help would be appreciated. i have no idea how to do this myself. ^_^

thanks!

Bibbed

Smash Journeyman
Two questions:

1. Was PIT dual-weilding in the video?
2. Was he floating kind of Kirby/Jiggly-ish?

If so, I'ma **** with PIT!

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer

this topic must not die.....

bibbed:

1. dual wielding is more of a fps term since alot of characters in melee dual wiel all the time.

2. yea it looks like he had alot of jumps which is awesome because he will be like the only character with projectiles and multiple jumps.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Do you think that Since his bow can divide into two swords, He wont be able to pick up items?? (ie beam sword ray gun etc, if theyre even in brawl)

PS

PIT IS SO SEXXY

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
It would appear that he’s left-handed as well. Link’s got a new member in the club.

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
How many jumps does Pit do in fighting Metaknight, it looks like maybe four, but maybe he is teching off that peice of the stage. Any ideas?

Phlippie

Smash Cadet
McFox said:

Possible ^B move?

Actually, that's not his ^B move. If you saw the trailer, he used that move while fighting Meta-Knight, and it didn't act as a triple jump. That's probably his ^Arial attack

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Phlippie said:
Actually, that's not his ^B move. If you saw the trailer, he used that move while fighting Meta-Knight, and it didn't act as a triple jump. That's probably his ^Arial attack
Already posted. But yes, you are correct.

Etra

Smash Cadet
I'm so excited to play this as Pit! :D The only other character that could possibly match his awesomosity would be Toad.

Yes. Toad.

Phlippie

Smash Cadet
takun said:
Do you think that Since his bow can divide into two swords, He wont be able to pick up items?? (ie beam sword ray gun etc, if theyre even in brawl)

PS

PIT IS SO SEXXY

Remember that he'll carry his weapon around as a bow. The only time Pit might use 2 swords is in smash/strong attacks, etc.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
In the video, his arrow curves up rather than hitting the ground when Metaknight dodges it. Just how much controll will Pit have over his arrows? I expect it to be sort of like Link's boomerang - strait, and up or down curve.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Please tell me a large number of these people talking aobut pit are girls...

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
i really hope pit can use the Mirror Shield to reflect attacks. it looks like he's carrying at least two of the legendary treasures already.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
kilroy said:
i really hope pit can use the Mirror Shield to reflect attacks. it looks like he's carrying at least two of the legendary treasures already.
No, actually, he doesn't. Those are just his normal wings, not the wings of pegasus, and I suppose you could say he has light arrows, but that was only in the cutscene. He doesn't really have room for the mirror shield though.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
Aruun said:
No, actually, he doesn't. Those are just his normal wings, not the wings of pegasus, and I suppose you could say he has light arrows, but that was only in the cutscene. He doesn't really have room for the mirror shield though.

cutscene or not, those looked like light arrows to me. and those have to be the wings of pegasus, because his wings are very small and only allow for one jump (no flight at all.) and since he was flying (multi-jump), i'm assuming they are the are the wings of pegasus.

i could be wrong though. i'll be sure to recommend it on the japanese site. he could always just pull out the mirror shield as a B move, ala Peach and Toad.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Etra said:
I'm so excited to play this as Pit! :D The only other character that could possibly match his awesomosity would be Toad.

Yes. Toad.
Quoted for emphasis. I daresay Toad would surpass Pit in awesomeness (but I'm a diehard Toad fan).

Seriously, though. Pit looks incredible. As long as Toad makes it into SSBB (he better!), I might have found my trifecta (Toad, Pit, Peach). :)

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
Aeris said:
Quoted for emphasis. I daresay Toad would surpass Pit in awesomeness (but I'm a diehard Toad fan).

Seriously, though. Pit looks incredible. As long as Toad makes it into SSBB (he better!), I might have found my trifecta (Toad, Pit, Peach). :)
:) Ah, well I think Pit will have more awsomeness than Toad, just because he is just so cool. I am still supporting toad though. I hope he gets in, but at this time, it can be questionable.

-SMB

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Hey I'm all for more Toad support. I'm looking forward to a possible weekly character introduction like they did with Melee.

Okurama

Smash Journeyman
Tijuana, CA (yeah, i know i change my location, AG
Aeris said:
Hey I'm all for more Toad support. I'm looking forward to a possible weekly character introduction like they did with Melee.
umm toad, it would be great, but am thinking about peach B move (TOAD, i think that was his official name),because of this attack he is totally screw up, am not saying am losing hope pn him, but i would find it weird if he is in the game with peach having that attack.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
Okurama said:
umm toad, it would be great, but am thinking about peach B move (TOAD, i think that was his official name),because of this attack he is totally screw up, am not saying am losing hope pn him, but i would find it weird if he is in the game with peach having that attack.

well, not really. after all, the Mushroom Kingdom is full of Toads. there were 7 in the original super mario. so she'd just be using another mushroom retainer.

Nite

Smash Champion
Pit looks so beautiful. I didn't think that they could make a character that is so lost in time and we haven't seen in so long look so good, but I was wrong. You need to make a Metaknight adoration thread though too because he is going to be top tier and is styling as well.

Okurama

Smash Journeyman
Tijuana, CA (yeah, i know i change my location, AG
Nitemare said:
Pit looks so beautiful. I didn't think that they could make a character that is so lost in time and we haven't seen in so long look so good, but I was wrong. You need to make a Metaknight adoration thread though too because he is going to be top tier and is styling as well.
Pit is the same as the ice climbers (only that Pit is alot more kick @$$ looking guy ......... with red hair ;)), the NES to GC (IC), now is NES to the Wii (Pit)

Saffron

Smash Apprentice
It would be logical for Pit to use his bow as his b-moves since they were his main way of attack in Kid Icarus. But I wouldn't be surprised either if he used a hammer to, since he had one in his game to. But that's just a maybe.

BTW Pit is indeed gonna rule! I hoped he'd be in the game since SSB. It's gonna be fun learning to play with him.

D-20 Dice

Smash Ace
I actually have a feeling that if Y. Link isn't in the game, Pit will be my main. Or even if Y. Link is in the game, there's a possibility. Because they will probably tweak every character a little bit.

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
yeah he is the main one that i really wanted to be in the game, even though his smash bros trophy looks really bad... im glad they made him look awesome. and i imagine those are not the wings of pegasus, because otherwise he could fly indefinitly and they would never put that in smash bros

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
What you probably didn't know about Pit:
Pit was originally supposed to be in Super Smash Bros. (for the 64), but he was replaced by Jigglypuff because it was thought Jigglypuff was more economically viable (as in: There's lots of little kids who like Pokémon).

This is why he, for example, has multiple jumps (we only saw 4, but Jiggs and Kirby have 5).

Zodiac

Smash Master
Why the hell would they replace pit with a pokemon thats just stupid, they arleady had pikachu.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Thats a fun fact.

In kid icarus pit had a ton of items/weapons so it will be hard to predict his special moves
But I hope he gets a reflector of any sort
from the looks of it, Metaknight has one.

ps

Pit is sexxy

The Other Wind

Smash Apprentice
Yuna said:
What you probably didn't know about Pit:
Pit was originally supposed to be in Super Smash Bros. (for the 64), but he was replaced by Jigglypuff because it was thought Jigglypuff was more economically viable (as in: There's lots of little kids who like Pokémon).

This is why he, for example, has multiple jumps (we only saw 4, but Jiggs and Kirby have 5).

Where did you learn this? It sounds weird considering they didn't put him in melee.

Top Bottom