• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official PIT Adoration Topic

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Because Jigglypuff was more "economically viable". Pit was only featured once (Kid Icarus for the NES). They feared no one would remember him whilst Jigglypuff was part of Nintendo's new and ultra-popular Pokémon franchise.

Rose

Smash Journeyman
Pit seems as though he may be light and slightly weak. His recovery with rock, undoubtedly...but we'll have to see if his projectiles will be effective at all.

I predict Low or Mid tier. Possibly High with some luck. I will play him regardless though...I've been waiting for it.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Yeah Pit will definitely be my first character I try (unless Toad is readily available..then there's no contest). He currently seems like a Kirby Link...I would say Mid tier just as a random guess, but we shall see. I can't wait. =)

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
DonkeyPirate said:
yeah he is the main one that i really wanted to be in the game, even though his smash bros trophy looks really bad... im glad they made him look awesome. and i imagine those are not the wings of pegasus, because otherwise he could fly indefinitly and they would never put that in smash bros
agreed. he kind of looked gay in that trophy. i'm glad they changed him to look cool.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
You know what I think would be good? If Pit has an alternate costume with black wings. That'd be sweeet. *drools*

Anyways, as far as his tier goes, I'ma guess that he will be in the mid to high tier. He looks like most of his attacks will be easy to combo (not certain, but his moves didn't look like they had that much knockback), which I think will help him tier-wise.

***Edit***

Whoops on my whole tier thing. Turns out we never see any of Pit's attack make contact at all. My bad.

jake the boy

Smash Ace
Has anyone actually beaten Kid Icarus for NES? I've had that game for xx amount of years, and I never beat it >.<

How many people have been true Pit fans, after playing his game and not because of his sudden appearence in SSBB?

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Yeah actually I got the game a few years ago and still havent beaten it either,
I think I mightve lost it, I'll probably attempt to finish it before ssbb comes out
Before SSBB I wouldnt have considered my self a Pit fan, more of a kid icarus fan, but now that ehs got his awesome new up to date make over, ive fallen in love all over again

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Master WGS said:
You know what I think would be good? If Pit has an alternate costume with black wings. That'd be sweeet. *drools*

Anyways, as far as his tier goes, I'ma guess that he will be in the mid to high tier. He looks like most of his attacks will be easy to combo (not certain, but his moves didn't look like they had that much knockback), which I think will help him tier-wise.

***Edit***

Whoops on my whole tier thing. Turns out we never see any of Pit's attack make contact at all. My bad.
None of his moves actually connected in trailer. We saw a few of them, but none of them connected.

jpwalker123

Smash Apprentice
Pit is going to be pretty good but i still think there will be other characters that are better. It all matters what you like though. I think Pit will still be one of the best.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
at the official brawl website, they updated it theres a thread about it but im too lazy to post it

Okurama

Smash Journeyman
Tijuana, CA (yeah, i know i change my location, AG
takun said:
at the official brawl website, they updated it theres a thread about it but im too lazy to post it
what a coincidence thats the first page a go and check, though thanks anyway, even though if it weren't for you i wouldn't even know that the page updated already.

well back to topic, no really who thinks the above image a posted is his nair, lol, lmao, :laugh: , :chuckle: , ect (no seriosly -.-)

well right now i have nothing to say that the red hair dudes are going to PWD!! top tiers (Bowser, Roy and Pit will kick @$$)

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Pit has brown hair >_>
But that could be his nair too soon to tell though

JmcShocker14

Banned via Administration
jpwalker123 said:
Pit is going to be pretty good but i still think there will be other characters that are better. It all matters what you like though. I think Pit will still be one of the best.
Tell us something new

JmcShocker14

Okurama said:
there is nothing new right now, but the updated on the official smash page.

shhhhhhhhhhh, quiet dude, nobody needs to know that (there suppost to be call the RED PWDERS!!! ;) )
I know already.

FireStar

Smash Apprentice
I'll admit that Pit looks like a cool character. But I think that you guys should calm down and wait to play with him first before you act like crazy schoolgirls over him. Use your heads... Please..

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer

Kris found them, but I take full credit because I want to.

Sexy O_O

Edit: In a kinda related note, IGN has recently added 7 pics. They're not all on the last page though, so scroll around.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Again Ill say
Pit is amazing.
and yuna
you seem to be unaware of this
www.smashbros.com
so just in case, there ya go, thats where the new pics came from

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Man, when I saw that trailer, I was already flattend by Link's new look.
When I saw Meta Knight, my mouth fell open.
But when I saw an arrow hitting Meta and then saw that it was Pit who shot that one, I really was... SHOCKED. How I have dreamed to play a game with Pit in it once again :laugh: . And for those that think we are ''yelling schoolgirls'', just let us be then and don't bother about us ;)

JmcShocker14

Kujirudo said:
Man, when I saw that trailer, I was already flattend by Link's new look.
When I saw Meta Knight, my mouth fell open.
But when I saw an arrow hitting Meta and then saw that it was Pit who shot that one, I really was... SHOCKED. How I have dreamed to play a game with Pit in it once again :laugh: . And for those that think we are ''yelling schoolgirls'', just let us be then and don't bother about us ;)

Pit will be my character so dont get too attached.

JmcShocker14

FireStar said:
I'll admit that Pit looks like a cool character. But I think that you guys should calm down and wait to play with him first before you act like crazy schoolgirls over him. Use your heads... Please..
I agree firestar. they need to calm down.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
McFox said:

Possible ^B move?
WTF, it's not lol. he uses it while fighting metaknight in the trailer, it doesnt even last that long. it's most likely his u-air.

edit: yuna, i just noticed that ur avatar is peach, i always thought it was a fish :psycho:

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol. Fish. It's an uair.

Interesting revelation: Pit's shorts are shorter ingame than in the promo art! (3D) XD

Compare the clean 3D promo art shot on IGN.com/Smash Dojo/Wherever to the ingame shots (like the one in the post above)!

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
JmcShocker14 said:
I agree Firestar.they need to calm down
#1-CALM DOWN!!!when i saw his trophy description i thought,"he is in melee,he is in melee",but then,nay,he was not.But,then,a ray of light pierced the sky,who clouds were like a maelstrom of never ending night.As the angels sang,their chorus filled the air,filling all with joy,and,alas,Pit descended.However,twas not the Pit i knew from Kid Icarus,nay,he was straight.As i gazed upon him,my heart filled with love anew,and i knew from that moment,I was Pit,Pit twas I.We are one,and together,we shall cleanse this earth.

#2-don't double post

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Yuna said:
Interesting revelation: Pit's shorts are shorter ingame than in the promo art! (3D)

And yuna, whos to say his shorts dont ride up while beating things sensless and being uber foxxy?? ;)

ps
Glad to see this topic alive and sexified

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
All shots of him ingame, even when he's just standing still or whatnot, feature him with shorter shorts than in the promo art. Also, his pants don't hike up because they are tight pants that hug his legs ;).

Top Bottom