• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official PIT Adoration Topic

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Dude, I have waited freakin 15 years to see Pit in a Nintendo game again (and not the occassional "haha, you'll never see him again!" reference Nintendo likes to throw in their games; I mean playable), so if I go ga-ga, I go ga-ga. He was my number one favorite Nintendo Hero next to Mario growing up as a kid, and now I can FINALLY play as him in a Smash Bros. game. It's been a long time coming, Kid Icarus...

BTW, anyone wanna check this moveset? Just the specials; I didn't come up with A's, and I guess that's a good thing, because those blades came out of left field (I never expected they would make Pit another swordfighter -_-;; )

B: Arrows of Light -- Pit nocks a light arrow, draws the bow, and fires. You can hold B like Link's Arrows, but not to change the speed and trajectory--these arrows always fly straight. Instead, holding B gives you time to aim with the control stick. The arrows have slight homing, and fly fast, but don't expect them to give you perfect accuracy just for tapping B. These can be fired in midair as well, and even straight down or straight up (straight down only in the air); while in the air, Pit floats in place.

^B: Wings of Pegasus -- Not a powerful third jump, as he already has a high single jump, and gets the five jump total. Pit flashes white, his wings flap in one large boost, and he zooms forwards in the direction held, much like the Fire Fox, but about the distance of two Bowsers, maybe longer. He travels with his arms crossed before him, knocking people out of his way as he dashes.

>B: Gust -- Hovering just above the ground, Pit flaps a gust of wind forwards that gains power by tapping B. Over time he'll get tired and the wind will weaken. The gust he creates can push back items, slow down projectiles (some energy based ones get through, however, like the Charge Shot; others, like PK Fire or Bowser's Fire Breath are blown back or disipated). In mid-air, Pit hovers in place and fires the gust downwards at an angle. Also, any opponents who run into the gust are forced to fight against it, obviously.

vB: Crystal Protector -- Pit will surround himself with two purple crystals. They will spin around him, absorbing energy attacks. If they touch someone, they will do damage. The more they've absorbed, the more damage they'll do, and the bigger they'll get and the faster they'll spin. If they absorb too much, however, they will break. Heavy physical attacks also break them, so be careful! Just like Reflector and PSI Magnet, this attack will slow Pit's descent.

There's a few options as well. His Forward Smash I would like to be his hammer, but if it's some lame sword slash, that could be his Forward B instead of Gust. Also, the Mirror Shield could appear; the only thing about that is it's just a one-sided Reflector--kinda lame, huh?

Marth 616

Smash Journeyman
I have never heard of Pit before seeing him in the trailer, now I have a feeling he is going to become my favorite character.

Player 2

Smash Rookie
Pit is my new object of idolatrous worship, i love it when the creators of smash revive old characters and make them unquestionnably hot.

Shaolin-Ninja

Smash Apprentice
In that pic of Pit fighting Metaknight, is that a Counter-like move, like Marth and Roy's? It looks so in the trailer...

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
one moveset is fine. it breaks for normal strikes, and reforms for the bow to shoot.

he just better have the Mirror Shield. as for the one side reflector being lame, hey, you make due with what you got. i'd prefer the sheer coolness and accuracy of having the shield.

Shaolin-Ninja

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'd be fine with a Mirror shield! But that looks so much like Counter... One moveset=GOOD! Mustn't have too many "special" characters...

Btw, kilroy was the name of the robot in Secret of Mana, right?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Haha, Pitgasm. So wrong, but so funny.

Looking at that NES-era picture, I'm really glad that Nintendo has crafted Pit the way they did. They could have done an IC-esque "chibi" Pit. The more anime-realistic Pit is far superior, in my opinion. It makes the game look a bit edgier, and he just looks so effing awesome. =)

BlackTye

Smash Rookie
I never played much Kid Icarus, but Pit looks soo cool, that I'm afraid that everyone is gonna wanna main as him.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Pit pwns all newcomers... unless dark samus will be a newcomer, then he pwns all.

Im a big Dark samus fan what can i say

Shaolin-Ninja

Smash Apprentice
How many Samuses do you want them to have? :dizzy:

Marth 616 said:
lol the Pit trophy model sucked...I like his newer model 10 X better.
I like it 100x better! At least 50x... Nah! 1000x!!! :laugh:

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . . O.K. Because someone locked my topic and told me to come here (Oro. . .) Heres a qestion I have about Pitt.

I see that Pitt has twin swords that can change into a bow and a wind mill like weapon. With that said I think that his twin blades style will be his main weapon and the wind mill attacks will be his secondary forms of attack and the bow will be his last form of attack.

So if this is the case then how will he hold items, weapons and even grab other characters? Both of his hands seem to be full in must of his attacks with twin blades sytle fighting. I JUST thought of this off the top of my head so don't flame me if it's already known.

Shaolin-Ninja

Smash Apprentice
I think his B moves is not twin blades, so he'll just reunite them when he grabs an item, because if he holds an item(or opponent), he can't use his A moves, anyway.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Shaolin-Ninja said:
I think his B moves is not twin blades, so he'll just reunite them when he grabs an item, because if he holds an item(or opponent), he can't use his A moves, anyway.

IDK, I don't think he will have too many of these "joint blade" attacks. They seem to want to focus more on his twin blades attacks but like I said IDK. . . you could be right.

We don't know how they are going to set up the moves so I personality have no clue.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I think if you look at the trailer, the first move he does when he fights MK in the air is the one in my avatar. It looks like UpAir. Now, he proceeds to jump and attack again, which looks like Fair. His Fair, he breaks the bow in 2 and attacks right from that into a forward momentum double jab, then at the end of the attack, it goes back to the bow. That's how his moves will work. for twin blade attacks, the animation will show him break then unite. This sounds slow, but it's not.

piZ

Smash Journeyman
Shaolin-Ninja said:
I like it 100x better! At least 50x... Nah! 1000x!!! :laugh:
Don't abandon your roots! To be honest, as badass as SSBB Pit is, Kid Icarus Pit will always be the best. I remember when i bought the metroid/kid icarus combo pack.. sigh..

Black/Light

Smash Master
Kabyk-Greenmyst said:
I think if you look at the trailer, the first move he does when he fights MK in the air is the one in my avatar. It looks like UpAir. Now, he proceeds to jump and attack again, which looks like Fair. His Fair, he breaks the bow in 2 and attacks right from that into a forward momentum double jab, then at the end of the attack, it goes back to the bow. That's how his moves will work. for twin blade attacks, the animation will show him break then unite. This sounds slow, but it's not.

It may be like Zero's Gun/ Whip weapon. Maybe he was just going to use another attack that he needs the blades to be combinded to do(on the part after the jab.). We realy have no clue. . . Maybe he will have a option to have them together or apart when hes not in a attack (Yeah, I do think this game will be ALOT more intericate then the last.).

But none of us know how hes going to fight yet.

Shaolin-Ninja

Smash Apprentice
piZ said:
Don't abandon your roots! To be honest, as badass as SSBB Pit is, Kid Icarus Pit will always be the best. I remember when i bought the metroid/kid icarus combo pack.. sigh..
Well, I would probably liked the "old" Pit more if I ever got the opportunity to play Kid Icarus...

BlackLight: If you were Pit, wouldn't you carry the bow in one hand, and an item in the other, rather than holding the blades, one in each hand, and hold an item in one of them too? Just look at Young Link: He carries a sword and a shield, his fists holds around both, but as he grabs an item, he puts away the Deku Shield, so that he can hold the item. He can still use his B moves, and I think Pit will be like that too.

Alandorf

Smash Journeyman
I loves Pit. I loves Pit. I loves Pit.

As soon as i get the Wii i'm gonna download kid icarus. i have a rom but its just not the same as the NES.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I was a huge Kid Icarus fan as a kid, and Pit's newfound "fandom" bothers me... No offense guys. I just never put Pit in the same category as like... Link and Cloud and Sora. Never expected him to be such a bishounen pansy boy, that's all :laugh:

Anyways, the way the bow works (you can see it pretty well in the trailer if you pay attention):

He carries the bow with him, and, dependent on the move, will either use the bow to attack (like a staff, or, actually fire arrows off it), or snap it in two and attack with the twin blades. When he utilizes an attack that requires the full bow again, he will have a frame of animation where he snaps it together again, and then attacks.

So he doesn't get two full movesets here; the same amount of A and B attacks as everybody else. He just has an extra frame of animation in there for snapping together or dismantling the bow, that's all. Watch the part of the trailer where he does his Forward Smash, and then goes after Meta Knight in midair. His Forward Smash is a two-step! He pulls the bow apart and slashes downwards with one blade, then quickly snaps them together and thrusts the bow upwards to hit with the bottom half, like a staff. When he goes into the air, he does his Up Air and spins the bow, then does his Forward Air and pulls it apart quickly to slash. So he just keeps swapping it as needed for the particular attack he is executing.

Capice?

GenG

Smash Lord
Nintendo Dream's scans for Pit (all in japanese):

:

Then, some stats that I don't think they are official.

Power: 2/5
Speed: 2/5
Guard: 1~3/5
Jump: 2~Undetermined
Attack Range: 2~Undetermined
Projectiles' Strength: 2~4/5
Eggplants (Cool Factor): 12/12

I don't have much Japanese knowledge so can't translate the final comments and the rest of the scans...

GenG

Smash Lord
In Kid Icarus Pit used mallets to break the statues containing the royal soldiers of Palutena. Then they came to assist you in the boss battles.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Hmm, seems like Pit's a bit low overall on the stats. Hopefully those aren't official, but who knows.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
How can Pit be low on the jump stat? He has several of them. And he seemed faster that 2/5 for speed in the trailer. I agree with the coolness factor though.

Have to agree with Flip though, he has become a Bishounen now. Well, we did get Zamus after all, can't leave the girls out can we.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
My friend brought the newest issue of Nintendo Power to school today and their page on Brawl was about Pit. We saw it and began going, "Pit!" PIT! PIIIIIIIIIIIIT!"

icymatt

Smash Lord
I'll say it once now and forevermore: Pit should've been in Smash Bros. since Day 1. Glad to see him where he belongs: Among Nintendo's Collection of Awesome Characters.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I can see Pit having a somewhat low running speed, because it is pretty hard to run in sandals. His jump and attack stats might be undetermined because

1. The team has not decided how many additional jumps Pit will get.

2. Pit has two attacking stances with different power focuses depending on if his bow is split or not.

Top Bottom