• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

tirkaro

Smash Champion
okay, now I see it:

Mario=Red and light red: shoots a fireball
Luigi=Green/blue: shoots a green fireball
Bowser=Green and yellowish brown: shoots fire
pit=white and gray: shoots a light arrow
link=green and white: shoots a....boomerang?
pikachu=yellow and brown: shoots a thunderbold
samus=orange and blue: uses missiles
peach= pink and white: shoots a toad (I just HAVE to see what that looks like XD)
kirby= pink and red: gets some sort of vaccume buster?
marth= dark blue and gold: gets a beam sword, thing.
roy= red and gold: gets a flaming beam sword
zelda= pink and gold: gets a nayrushield!
yoshi= green and light green: gets some sort of egg buster.
captain falcon= red and dark blue: shoots a falcon cannon? (like the falcon punch, but this is a projectile that shoots out fire falcons)
ganondorf= purple and black: shoots a dark wave
mewtwo= white and purple: shoots a shadow ball
ice climbers= pink and blue: shoots an icecicle
jigglypuff= pink and green: shoots a capsule filled with sleep powder
fox= brown and white: uses the rapid fire beam....of DOOM!
falco= blue and white: uses falco's gun
ness= red, blue, and black: shoots a PK fire
DK= brown and tan: shoots a barrel.
mr game and watch= black and...black: shoots sausage
meta knight= blue and silver: uses a beam sword
Zamus= blue and yellow: uses a beam whip
wario= pink, blue, and yellow: shoots a capsule filled with stinky gas.
snake= gray and dark green: shoots a grenade

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah X has more of a fighte look that the original MM, still I want the original, it would be the 1st time the original megaman (that i know of) will be in 3d, also he's the classic...

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Megaman X and original style Zero would be my picks, if not both, just X or classic Megaman. (And yes, I know there's no way in h*ck that more than one character from a specific 3rd party company will make it. I'd be really surprised if more than two more after snake made it in, and not really too surprised if only one more made it in so... I hope I'm surprised.)

Well, even though I'm more a fan of the X series, classic Megaman makes more sense, so any of those would rock. Get it? Good.

His (classic MM or X) moves could be quick weak shots like fox's laser, and than if you hold it, it becomes a Samus-like blast, and you get to see him all charged up with energy light balls pulsating inward. Just look at Marvel vs. Capcom for ideas for the rest of his moves.

His awesome dash could just be an extension of a normal dash, by which I mean just tap left or right from a standing position, and he dashes farther/faster than other characters, but starts running regularly/slower after the dash is complete. (A button for Megaman dashing would be more fun, but maybe less fair.)

As popular as the Megaman franchise is in general, I just have a gut feeling none of these characters will make it. Either Nintendo or Capcom (or both) will screw something up, or just procrastinate until it's too late to add him (MM). That's my gloomy outlook.

saberhof

Smash Master
Yeah X has more of a fighte look that the original MM, still I want the original, it would be the 1st time the original megaman (that i know of) will be in 3d, also he's the classic...
yeah id like X too but id like original megaman cause i can acttualy pass those games..not like X games, some of those games are bruttaly difficult lol seriously. i think thats why X isnt considerd ALOT but still IS considerd.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im all classic u know that, still megaman x is also known to have diferent charged attacks depending on how u release the charge button, either i could be a scattered beam attack, or a really big powerful one, lol i remember cause of X3 boy was that a fun game XD...

dr.d

Smash Apprentice
I say with X that he has the ability to wall climb however for a certain extent like wall jumping in melee you decrease in jump after a while. Saw my friend in playing as a fox wall jumping in the city level of earthbound can't remember the name of it.
I think that when X grabs and enemy he should be able to steal the abilities of the person he grabs and depending on how many people he grabs he keeps all the powers untill he dies or runs out of thier power.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i think megaman should have is basic moves and only use special moves that have been in every game. off topic i think he will probibly be in the game because he had a higher demand than snake and snake is in

icymatt

Smash Lord
Snake was a special situation, though. Mega Man will get in if someone at Capcom wants him in.

Nightwolfe

Smash Rookie
I'm pro-Mega Man. I'll take anyone from the series. Mega Man and Zero would be great. I love em so much as well as the series. So I hope Capcom lets Nintendo bring them in. That is if Nintendo even wants them in...

wavedashin

Smash Rookie
has anyone had any info on if megaman is going to be in ssbb or not...

i also have a question how much money will wii be when it comes out and how much will ssbb be also..

got to start to save up..

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
X-moveset.

B-Nuetra:l Charge blast-Can be charged at full power for Maximum damage but cannot be hold, once the B button is let go it fires a blast across stage.

F-B:Z-Saber slash(From MMX6):X slashes the character with the Z-Saber causing damage, similar to like Marth sword dance.

D-B:Fire Tackle(From MMX2 after Blaster upgrade):X Charges at the character knocking him/her up in the air,also possible explosion. (10%)

Up-B:Rising Dash((From MMX3))-X flies dashes straight up, can change direction. Blasting upwards as well for some damage.

Super Smash-Giga attack from MMX6. He slams against the floor causing engery to up to cover half of the stage.

Neo M.J

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure the games will be 50$ while the Wii less then 250$. Anyways I think the origanil has a higher chance, he apeared in more then 12 games on Nintendos consoles. X only apeared in 7.

I'm sure the games will be 50$ while the Wii less then 250$. Anyways I think the origanil has a higher chance, he apeared in more then 12 games on Nintendos consoles. X only apeared in 7.
You forgot Megaman Xtream 1 & 2 for the GameBoy.

Megaman needs to get in this game more than any other 3rd Party(Yes,more than Sonic)

And on a side note: Tengu Man FTW!!!^^

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Since I haven't seen one made, I've made this one. The Official Megaman in Brawl topic.

Do you support Megaman? Are you against it?

What version of Megaman would you like? Original? X? .EXE? Maybe even the new XZ?

If megaman is in, would you want to see a partner? Protoman? Bass? Zero? Axel?

What if Zero DOES get in. Which would you prefer? Original or the MMZ style?

What about attacks and the super move? What ideas do you have?

Come! Help support the power that is Megaman!
Let's be realistic.... If a secondary character Megaman is coming for Brawl then Megaman will officially be in. I personally prefer Axl, but Megaman still owns and i will love that.

And dude, if you opened a thread of megaman, you should post a cool pic of him.

....l8er

Stryks

Smash Hero
I was thinking yesterday, and tough this reason may seem dum, Megaman may have a good chance being in brawl:
Notice some games made by capcom, most of them fighting-games:
Street fighter vs Xmen
" " " " vs Marvel
Marvel vs capcom
MVSC 2
SNK vs Capcom
Snk vs Capcom chaos (I believe thats the name)
Namco X capcom

What do all of the have in common? Theyre all crossovers, It seems Capcom likes making crossover games, I for one love crossovers, seeing Spiderman duke it out with ryu or megaman is just awesome, I know it seems pretty dum I admit, but look at the facts they've done so many crossovers (I believe there are others...) So what would a next crossover be? Megaman in the Nintendo favorite: SSB Brawl...

icymatt

Smash Lord
I was thinking yesterday, and tough this reason may seem dum, Megaman may have a good chance being in brawl:
Notice some games made by capcom, most of them fighting-games:
Street fighter vs Xmen
" " " " vs Marvel
Marvel vs capcom
MVSC 2
SNK vs Capcom
Snk vs Capcom chaos (I believe thats the name)
Namco X capcom
Well, technically, SNK made the SNK vs. Capcom games(Capcom, not surprisingly, made the Capcom vs. SNK games) and Namco published Namco x Capcom. But, still, Capcom was a willing participant in all of them.

Fun fact, not all of the crossover games had Mega Man in it, but the ones that did had a variety of Mega Man characters:

Marvel vs. Capcom had Classic Mega Man and Roll.
MVC2 had Classic Mega Man, Roll, Tron Bonne and Servebot(from Megaman Legends)
SNK vs. Capcom Chaos has Zero (from Mega Man Zero)
Namco x Capcom had Legends Mega Man and Roll, as well as Tron Bonne

Plus, Capcom made Onimusha: Blade Warriors, which had MMZ Zero and Mega Man EXE as playable characters.

Fun fact #2: Hideo Kojima had his GBA game, Boktai 2, have a special connection function to Mega Man Battle Network 4, because his son was a big fan of the games.

gold7598

Smash Rookie
i would love to see mega in there along with an attack copy that lets him get diff attacks based upon who he ko'd last or something.

i think they could combine Classic Mega, X, and .exe into pretty much the same char with just alt costumes (and maby even alt. animations for certain attacks (Up+B= rush jetpack for classic, but for x its a diag dash upward (same move, just different animation))

gold7598

Smash Rookie
what i would like to see in terms of mega's stats:

power: mid-high
speed: mid
weight: heavy (he IS a robot afterall)
jump: high

i would like to see him with a very fast landing recovery, as in almost every megaman game I have played (almost all of them) it was possible to keep mega in the jump animation almost perpetually with maby only one frame between jumps.

moves:

Up + B : rush jet adaptor (from MM6), flys up diagonally with minor impact damage and knockback. Usable once per jump combo, but does not restrict you from doing other moves when finished
B: Mega Buster (duh), chargable while moving if you hold down B. Several levels of charging that may even launch a trident-like spread at full charge.
Side + B: Gut's punch/Rush Pow adaptor. Think falcon punch, but with a much larger hit surface.
Down + B: Aquire ability/aquired ability. Dashes forward, grabs opponent, copies their ability on grab (taking a page from the animated series :grin: ) and changes color to accompany his new power, which is a variant of one of the trademark moves of his target. (similar to kirby, the powers can be lost by taunting or having the snott beat out of you). Even the possibility to charge these aquired specials for more variability (ie. take mario's power = fireball, charged mario's power = fireball spread, or fireballs that explode on impact)

Ultra smash token thingy:
Hyper Buster Overload: Small charging animation (but of course very cool looking) followed by a HUGE beam being fired by the megabuster, akin to MMX4's charged buster beam (if im wrong on the game plz let me know), pierces shields, goes through characters, and is only stopped by the level itself.

A Moves:

these can pretty much be taken from MvC 1 and 2, just some regular judo moves and whatnot. However a few that should be noted.

dash + A: Slide

Grabbing: Mega has had some sort of whip or grappling hook in a few games, so his grab could behave like samus's and link's, but instead of throwing like them he could throw like Mewtwo (ie. throw short and immeadiately follow with megabuster to complete the throw)

notes:

since almost all of the megaman games were platformers, he should stay true to the run/jump and gun style, never stopping moving and having some decent air->ground and air->air attacks. I would like to see him be given some sort of wall sliding and wall jumping ability without it being too broken, maby just make him jump far off the wall so that its impossible to gain height while chain walljumping off the same wall,

Even if mega is not top-tier, he will prolly be my most played (providing he's in the game).

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Well if they base him off the X games he should have mid high speed. The mega man X levels can be ran through really fast if you constantly dash and charge/shoot when necessary.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
hello everybody,

i am new to this forum but i have been playin super smash since the 64 so i am hardly new to the game. I personally would love to see mega man in action on brawl. i agree with many of the other ideas already posted on this thread. I do think that if only one version of mega man could make it in, i would want the classic mega man in the game. Even with the success of the .EXE version, there would be no .EXE without the original blue bomber. For his special move when he grabs the smash icon he could do the giga crush, i belive this move is from mega man 7

Stryks

Smash Hero
The above guy has said it all, the classic is more likely to be in brawl over any other, why? caus elike he said, without the classic, there woulndt by ANY mm character, besides hes the best one, Yeah the giga cruch Idea is sweet, but i rather like seeing transform into Hyper megaman XD...
P.S. alright ur the 1st guy ive seen that has used the megaman for brawl sig I made!...

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
that sig you made is sick! it fits perfectly with my avatar thanks for makin it. Hyper mega man xd would be just fine in my book!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Thanx XD I just had a tough like 5 secs ago, another cool thing for s uper is that when he grabs the emblem he MM starts charging his buster and its looks like its gonna blow any sec, then outta nowhere u here the classic whistle: Protoman appears XD and he helps ya out he too charges and both of them unleash 2 combines beam attacks XDXD...

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Been bored, so here's my hope for mega man's moveset:

Classic Mega Man

B Moves

Up+B- Rush jet comes, when Mega Man lands on it, rush uses r-coil and springs mega man off; mega man is still able to attack after he is launched off, but if rush is hit in flight, he will fly off leaving mega man with no more jumps

Left/Right+B- shoots the tornado projectile ( same from MvC2) until he kills an opponent. then he takes their b ability like kirby. whenever you press forward+B you do the new attack and temporarily change color(only when doing the move) You can tuant to remove the power

B-mega busters, can shoot a maximum of 3 pellets at a time (just like the NES games). Can move while charging, but once b-button is released charge is released. (This makes him play like in his games and also makes his shots different from samus)

Down+B-Rock ball comes out, push forward-A to kick(only Mega man can kick it and only one ball at a time)

Ground A Moves

A-jab punch (MvC2); combo is jab, jab, rock ball kick
Dash+A-shoulder block
Down+A-Mega Man slide
Up+A - regular uppercut (MvC2)
Left/Right Smash+A-same a Samus from N64
Up Smash+A- sho-ryu-ken (hope i spelled that right) (shooryuken?)
Down Smash+A-sweep kick

Air A Moves

A-rock ball kick in air
Up+A-Bicycle kick
Forward+A- jump kick
Back+A-spinning back hand with his buster (think similar to C.Falcon on N64)
Down+A-mega man turns his body completely upside down and fires a medium charged blast straight down (move sends opponent straight down)

Grab

Forward-same as MvC2

Backward-throws opponent behind him and backhands him with his buster

Special-giga crush or hyper mega man from MvC2

Entrace-teleports down (just like all of his games)

Taunt- does his winning pose after he defeats a boss in his games (raises his buster arm and smiles with the shine coming off his helmet)

Intangibles- like a previous poster in this thread said, mega man must recover quickly, thats how he was in his games and he should stay that way

Speed 7/10
Power 8/10
Weight 7/10
Jumps 7/10
Special 10/10

saberhof

Smash Master
What about for his taunt, he does his Peace sign he does in MVSC2?.

I see lots of sideB Up combos...i think...and would the rockball be able to be caught?...

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
how about this for his opening scene... Samus is fightin Ridley. He knocks her to the floor. While on the ground she tries to blast him but here cannon is not working. Right before Ridley can get her a blast appears to have come from samus' cannon and gets ridley in the face. samus looks around and sees mega man behind her. he gives her the peace sign, Newcomer: Mega Man

Top Bottom