• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
I remember playing megaman for the 64 and loving it. He would make a great addition for the smash team!

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I would love to see classic megaman in brawl. megaman is one of the greatest video game icons next to sonic and mario. he works perfectly in brawl and has the perfect moveset.
B: wepon(the default is buster)
Bv: change weapon
b^: shoryuken
B>: hadoken
super: does that whole mazinger Z thing in MvC
also his running A move would be dash.

Redhairedpenguin12

Smash Apprentice
Well he could use some of his powers he aquires from beating bosses, I haven't played very many Megaman games but I'm sure he has some that could be used for A attacks.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
The Basement Dweller said:
He isn't practical for A attacks all he does his use his buster.
all samus did was shoot. did she make a good smash character? yes she did.
(also if you played MvC, you would know he did a lot more than shoot)

icymatt

Smash Lord
Redhairedpenguin12 said:
You're right, but Megaman might turn to similar to Samus's moveset.
Maybe their Neutral B attacks will be similar, but the rest of his B attacks would be different.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
No he won't. He has a ton of powers Samus could never dream of obtaining. Keep in kind that they can take powers from Megaman 1-8, Megaman X 1-8, Megaman Legens 1 + 2, and Megaman Battle Network 1-6. That's a lot of powers. Also, Megaman had Zero's sword in X6. He would use it in Brawl.

Redhairedpenguin12

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah, I haven't played Megaman in such a long time and I don't happen to own any of them besides Megaman Legends, but you're right.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
how could 1 megaman have the powers of ALL the megaman games? (in case thou is uneduacated, the megaman X, legends, and battle network megamen are all completely different megamen)

Chickenboy666

Smash Ace
tirkaro said:
I would love to see classic megaman in brawl. megaman is one of the greatest video game icons next to sonic and mario. he works perfectly in brawl and has the perfect moveset.
B: wepon(the default is buster)
Bv: change weapon
b^: shoryuken
B>: hadoken
super: does that whole mazinger Z thing in MvC
also his running A move would be dash.
Cool moveset!!!
Well, I'd prefer Megaman NT Warrior, but original Megaman has better chances

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
There's only one Megaman. They're all different variations of the same design. Different universes if you will. It's just namcos way of trying to keep the character "fresh" by reinventing him over and over again.

icymatt

Smash Lord
BIRDMAN22 said:
There's only one Megaman. They're all different variations of the same design. Different universes if you will. It's just Capcoms way of trying to keep the character "fresh" by reinventing him over and over again.
Corrected.

Although, Capcom has tried to tie most of the Mega Man games together into some sort of weird timeline. It goes Mega Man-->Mega Man X-->Mega Man Zero-->Mega Man Legends(BN is not apart of this timeline.)

So, actually, they are not really the same. Mega Man is the original, X is his successor, and the Legends one is actually a kid in a robot suit. They each have abilities exclusive to them(Original has his slide, his sidekicks Rush and Beat, and his own selection of Boss moves; X has a dash, a wall climb, an upgradeable suit, and his own set of boss moves; and Legends has a hover/dash move, and a less flashy bunch of upgrades.)

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
icymatt said:
Corrected.

Although, Capcom has tried to tie most of the Mega Man games together into some sort of weird timeline. It goes Mega Man-->Mega Man X-->Mega Man Zero-->Mega Man Legends(BN is not apart of this timeline.)

So, actually, they are not really the same. Mega Man is the original, X is his successor, and the Legends one is actually a kid in a robot suit. They each have abilities exclusive to them(Original has his slide, his sidekicks Rush and Beat, and his own selection of Boss moves; X has a dash, a wall climb, an upgradeable suit, and his own set of boss moves; and Legends has a hover/dash move, and a less flashy bunch of upgrades.)
If this is true, then i stand corrected.
Although I thought that the mega man-->mega man x --> mega man zero connections were all just upgrades of the same character.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
as a lesser argument, X's super would be easier to think of, it could be as simple as having him transform into ultimate armor (now it can go 2 ways from here) either have him be powered up in that armor for a time, or having him do the ultimate dash attack he has in that armor

(i'm sure its been mentioned however...so ignore this if its all that old)

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Meh, why not have all of those as seperate costumes? He could also use moves from each of his different games(Classic, X, .EXE, RPG, etc.).

Everybody wins.

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
If the Down+B was to change powers, you would have to have a lot of time on your hands in the match to find the correct power... And don't you think Hadoken and Shoryuken are a bit out of place?

Redhairedpenguin12

Smash Apprentice
"Meh, why not have all of those as seperate costumes? He could also use moves from each of his different games(Classic, X, .EXE, RPG, etc.).

Everybody wins"

Good idea.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Marshigio said:
Meh, why not have all of those as seperate costumes? He could also use moves from each of his different games(Classic, X, .EXE, RPG, etc.).

Everybody wins.
That would be supremely weird. That would be like giving Marth Sigurd's lance, Hector's axe, and Lyn's bow.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
It's not that wierd. If he has all the different costumes, as he should, then he should have a variety of the best possible moves throughout the mega man franchise. it's not like they are gonna put 5 different versions in brawl so the moves would be specfic.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Exactly, Mario has a fireball, he could only use that in his fire flower form obviously, but they gave him the move for obvious reasons, same with the cape.

Maybe his down b will be replaced by him getting a blue shell and spinning around, or maybe his up b will have him use his raccoon tail to fly.

It doesn't matter if X character can't use the Y ability, not in Smash anyway.

Bahamut-Prime

Smash Cadet
For Me It was the X games I grew up with and I've never been able to truly enjoy the original course he's most likely to make his way into smash bros I think we'd definetly need protoman as an alternate in addition but due to the fact most of his attacks probly wouldnt translate from one character to the next i dont rly see it happening

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
Blues' attacks would be entirely different from Rock's... They are far from the same.
1: Blues was created as a joint effort between Wily and Light. Rock was not.
2: Rock can capture enemy abilities. Blues can not.
Different programming along with the large difference in how they fight, powerwise, would end up for entirely different characters.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
icymatt said:
That would be supremely weird. That would be like giving Marth Sigurd's lance, Hector's axe, and Lyn's bow.
How is that anything like that? Megaman has different powers in each game. He's still the same character though.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Zane Fleia said:
2: Rock can capture enemy abilities. Blues can not.
uh, yes he can. have you ever played the power battles/ power fighters? he can do mostly what rockman can do, which is also mostly what forte can do.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I decided to bring life back in this thread mainly because Megaman is my fav. 3rd party suggestion so far... also for those guys that say: Megaman will jsut be a clone of samus...
Well megaman cant transform into a ball, he cant screw attack, the only reason u think hes gonna be a clones cause he can charge an attack, but megaman can move while charging, so they can add that plus many more moves...

tirkaro

Smash Champion
How is that anything like that? Megaman has different powers in each game. He's still the same character though.
no he isn't. X is a different person/robot, zero is different/reploid, EXE is an entirely different person/program, and volnutt is a different person/robot. [/megaman nerd]

oh, and I would still love megaman in brawl. even though I like captain commando and phoenix wright more, mega has a better chance.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dont forget Megaman ZX, now there isnt a megaman, zero or whatever there just kid that use some device to use a megaman, zero, fefnir, etc. armor...

icymatt

Smash Lord
Ah, well now I can post my moveset:

Stats:
Power-Mid
Speed-Mid
Jump-Mid
Size-Mid
Weight-Mid

B=Mega Buster/Weapon -Chargeable blast. Changes if you use the Weapon Switch.

<>B=Weapon Switch -Mega Man switches his Mega Buster for a weapon from his games, these include:
Rolling Cutter(Mega Man) -Boomerang-like pair of scissors
Leaf Shield(Mega Man II) -Creates a circular shield with the first shot, and then fires it when you press B again.
Gemini Laser(Mega Man III) -Shoots a laser that bounces off of walls.
Dive Missle(Mega Man IV) -Homing missle.
Naplam Bomb(Mega Man V) -Fires a bomb that bounces along the ground.
Blizzard Attack(Mega Man VI) -Fires four snowflakes in four different directions, and they can freeze anyone they hit.
Slash Claw(Mega Man VII) -Close-range slashing attack.
Tornado Hold(Mega Man 8) -Shoots a device on the groudn that creates a tornado and shoots everything on top of it upward.

/\B=Rush Coil -Rush beams down beneath Mega Man and launches him upward with a spring.

\/B=Power Slide -Mega Man's slide, which knocks people over.

Super: Hyper Mega Man(As seen in Marvel vs. Capcom, Mega Man combines with Rush and Eddy and becomes a hulking robot that shoots a huge beam)

Stryks

Smash Hero
His <>B moves are cool, but it would take too much time too look for the weapon u want, and thus leaves u open for an attack, these are the B moves that would work:

UpB: Power uppercut: In mvsc he has an uppercut attack, the attack would be similairs to marios UpB, but more powerful and does not give multiple hits...
B: Mega Buster: Pretty obviuos, longer u hld more powerful it will be, bad side is if u charge it TOO much it will go slower, allowing oponents to dodge it easier (decided to add the slow thing cause u could be charging the attack for so long, and u shoot and it goes really fast aint really fair...)
<>B: Flame sword (MM8): This sword would help in melee battes, and not just let megaman have projectile weapons, the sword would have multiple strikes, after megaman does one slash, press b again and he'll do another, u get the idea, the multiple strikes are infinite, but the flame from the flame sword would get weaker until the weapon wont be useable til it recharges (kind like bowsers b, when the flame is gone, u gotta wait a while til the flames gets to its full power)
DownB: This could be either be random attack from other games, like rolling cutter, napalm bomb or any other...
Or just the leaf shield, it would have the same effects like in mvsc, it either gives multipe low-powered attacks when u get close to an enemy, or it will protect u from 3 weak, 2 mids or 1 high attack(s), or by pressing down b again the leaf will project itself forward.

Super: Either HyperMegaman, or he fuses with rush ,and all of his stats improve, as well attack, and instead of jumps they will be replaced for the jet (when fused megaman's damage will turn to 0%)

saberhof

Smash Master
how bout downb: Rock ball!! like a ball pops out of the floor and u kick it with a fsmash (kick).

or maybe it would work better as an item if megaman was in i dont know id like it in megaman.

Ps"Dontreplystryks, i knowuwannadoit, justdont"

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Ah, well now I can post my moveset:

Stats:
Power-Mid
Speed-Mid
Jump-Mid
Size-Mid
Weight-Mid

B=Mega Buster/Weapon -Chargeable blast. Changes if you use the Weapon Switch.

<>B=Weapon Switch -Mega Man switches his Mega Buster for a weapon from his games, these include:
Rolling Cutter(Mega Man) -Boomerang-like pair of scissors
Leaf Shield(Mega Man II) -Creates a circular shield with the first shot, and then fires it when you press B again.
Gemini Laser(Mega Man III) -Shoots a laser that bounces off of walls.
Dive Missle(Mega Man IV) -Homing missle.
Naplam Bomb(Mega Man V) -Fires a bomb that bounces along the ground.
Blizzard Attack(Mega Man VI) -Fires four snowflakes in four different directions, and they can freeze anyone they hit.
Slash Claw(Mega Man VII) -Close-range slashing attack.
Tornado Hold(Mega Man 8) -Shoots a device on the groudn that creates a tornado and shoots everything on top of it upward.

/\B=Rush Coil -Rush beams down beneath Mega Man and launches him upward with a spring.

\/B=Power Slide -Mega Man's slide, which knocks people over.

Super: Hyper Mega Man(As seen in Marvel vs. Capcom, Mega Man combines with Rush and Eddy and becomes a hulking robot that shoots a huge beam)
You know, that's almost exactly like the moveset I had for him. Everything is the same except for the B <> The problem with you B<> move is that people would get distracted by it. I have a feeling that the following scenario would play itself out quite a few times.

*player hits B <>*
"Crap, I didn't want that weapon!"
*changes*
"Crap!"
*changes*
"Crap!"
*KO'd by less distracted player*

You see? Too much confusion. My idea seems a little more practical, at least in that sense:

B <>: Acquire Weapon - Megaman dashes forward a short distance. If he hits an opponent, he'll grab onto them for a split second before throwing them aside. Then, Megaman would be able to use their neutral B move as his own neutral B move. He can use this on multiple characters to store different powers, and you can use left and right on the D-pad to switch between his abilities, including his normal Mega Buster. Getting KO'd loses all aqcuired weapons.

How does that sound?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah since megaman does take abilities from enemies it will work, it worked for kirby, megaman will change to the main colors of the guy he took the ability from=
Mario=Red and blue
Luigi=Green/blue
Bowser=Green and yellowish brown

u get the idea, yeah i like it, tough my <>B move listed above is good to... to me...

Top Bottom