• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I think classic Megaman should be in , he started on the NES and ended on the SNES.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
BlackKnight23 said:
megaman X ultima armor, with nightmare zero all the way!!!!!
Amen brother! That's the Megaman I want most in Brawl. But, to be realistic, they'd probably put the NES Megaman in, cuz that's where he got popular, in the beginning. They're still riding all that popularity coming out with all these different types. But my favorite of all is from X3 or X5 (I know that was on Playstation).

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I posted this in a Megaman.exe thread...

"I really want Classic Mega Man myself, but if you put some thinking to it, Megaman.exe actually is more likely. He's more recognizable with current gamers (because, let's be honest: the gaming culture just keeps getting younger and younger, while the rest of 'em grow up), and he has a bit more potential/uniqueness to his skills.

Apparently, the guy who created Megaman.exe is friends with Kojima, who is in turn friends with Sakurai. It's not Inafume, the guy who did Classic Megaman, is it? But, regardless, Battle Network games are a hot commodity, and would pump up sales/fan pleasement for many years longer than Classic Megaman would. Yeah, all of us who worshipped the Blue Bomber back on the NES will buy Brawl and play it for years to come, but we don't have the expendable resources or time that kids do :p"

Bahamut-Prime

Smash Cadet
Maybe he's more recongnisable but who the hell heard of Ice Climbers before melee or marth for that matter besides I own a shirt that has classic megaman on it and trust me people know who he is ill be shocked if megaman in brawl and its not the classic one though i would prefer X

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Ya, I'd still prefer X the most, too, that was my favorite Megaman series, pretty much the only reason. I think any version could be a good addition, just not the gay Megaman RPG characters, I've had enough of them.

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
Megaman RPG Game sucks! and i like megaman! o_O , and, well, i think the same Bahamut-Prime and TDub301, i'd prefer X the most! just, EXE, is cool too, but, i dont know, X is better! jejeje

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
with me i like x and old school just as much but i wouldnt ever get my hopes up for x being in before the old school mega. i mean y would nintendo use a third party char when they have close to the same (plus original version) char that isnt third party

Stryks

Smash Hero
The classic has more chance being the most popular of them all, also hes been in more games for a nintendo platform than any other MM series (Megaman 1-7 and megaman and bass)

Ronike

Smash Ace
I wish there was any chance of that happening, but realistically the chance of that happening is something like 6.02*10^-23% probability. It will either be classic or .exe since they seem to like .exe best now.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Exe is on his final game...then again, so is Snake O.o I guess Smash Bros series is Kojima's way of keeping Snake alive forever O.o (considering like most popular series, I doubt SSB will ever end anytime soon).

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Shark X said:
Exe is on his final game...then again, so is Snake O.o I guess Smash Bros series is Kojima's way of keeping Snake alive forever O.o (considering like most popular series, I doubt SSB will ever end anytime soon).
Even if SBB does die out, Brawl will be played for eons afterwards :p

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Stryks said:
The classic has more chance being the most popular of them all, also hes been in more games for a nintendo platform than any other MM series (Megaman 1-7 and megaman and bass)
Let's also not forget that the first three Megaman X games were on SNES, too. And it would be awesome if he could steal powers, or better yet, when he KOs you, he gets your power until you KO him. Also, it woud be awesome if you could hold B like in the X games and charge up while you're moving. It would be cool because while you're charging you can't do any other B moves, but it would be a way of playing mind games because at any time you could let go of the charge and do one, that would be so awesome.

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
for me, megaman will be the best 3rd party character followed by Geno and Sonic jijiji! =P
X classic is better than .EXE, but what Megaman do u think has more chances to be in the game? X or .EXE?
I think X and .EXE have the same chances.

Stryks

Smash Hero
The .exe series has been really been disapointing lately, last game had a 5.5 score, there just adding some new bosses new megaman forms and thats it same gameplay and stuff.
Tough the classic is more reognizable, the X series on the SNES was my favorite back then, tough the X version now appears way more on the PS consoles.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
I think after X3 it was exclusively on PS1 and 2, but that's ok, as long as one was on a Nintendo console, it counts. The most likely to be in would have to be the original, regular Megaman. But like I said already, I'm fine with any one of them as long as it's not the gay megaman RPG/64 version.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Classic Megaman(A.K.A. Megaman Light) deserves first and foremost. Megaman X, order-wise, is next. Then Megaman Vultt(I forgot how it's spelt), and Megaman.EXE.

Megaman Light is the original, and X is either his new form or a completely different robot(but in the same universe), where the other 2 live is completely different ones.(note that it's unofficial whether X and Megaman are literally one in the same, I believe that they're completely different robots)

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
yep, the X version is better, the same with classic Megaman games, 'cuz .EXE wasn't cool like the classic X games! and coming up will be in sale the new Megaman X for DS, i can't wait for that! jejeje

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Shark X said:
Who's Megaman Vultt? I only know Megaman, Megaman X, and Megaman .EXE
I remember the name now, it's Volnutt. It's the MegaMan Legends version. In this version, he and Roll are also brother and sister, and is the origin of Tron Bonne, a fairly popular villianess/heroine. This game is played in full 3-D with decent graphics, fairly good controls(IMO), and is one of the original PSX games, but was also ported for n64.(Not PS1)

When another person said MegaMan 64, they meant this guy. He also has a multitude of moves to come from, but since his only Nintendo-related appearence is a pure port, he wouldn't be chosen anyway.

Codename: Zero

Smash Journeyman
My vote goes for X out of Mega Man classic, X, and Battle Network Mega Man, he's just my favorite. I feel that classic Mega Man deserves it the most but I also think that Battle Network Mega Man has the best chance since it's the latest "Mega Man" (not Zero) exclusive for the Nintendo.

As for Zero, Bass, Protoman, here's how I see it.

If classic Mega Man is in, then Protoman should be there.

If X, Zero should tag along (using the MMX 4 - 6 model as the default costume, MMZ, Black (Ultimate Armor), Blue, and some other color as alternates).

If Battle Network is in, I'd still have to say Protoman. As cool as Bass is in Battle Network, Protoman is still the more deserving character for being in the series much longer (and for being Mega Man's older brother).

Another reason why I'd rather have X than the others is cuz it'd increase the chance of Zero tagging along, who is my favorite character of all time :)

Here's how my moveset list would be for Zero (just on the B moves, too lazy to think of all normal melee attacks).

B: Z-Buster. Just a single semi-charged up shot that shoots in a single burst like in MMX 5 and MMX 6.

Down + B: Sentsuizan (attack from MMX 6). This is where you hold down and use the special weapon button and he'll do like a somersault close to the ground and slash his blade upwards in a 180 degree angle. When used in the air, the slash would be complete 360 ciircle.

Up + B: Rising Edge (MMZ variant, or any of the fire / ice / lightning variants from MMX 4 - MMX 6). This attack is similar to Marth's Up + B attack.

Forward + B: Shield Boomerang from MMZ. Just Forward + pressing B to throw it, hold it to charge it up and release for a stronger throw.

Here's what I'd do for classic Mega Man / X (I didn't play the Battle Network games so I don't know his attacks).

B: Mega Buster / X-Buster. Press B once just for 3 standard shots, hold B to charge for a larger blast. In my opinion, the character should continue to hold B to keep the shot to keep true to the original game, but be able to move while doing so, seperating Mega Man / X from Samus and Mewtwo where they have to remain still to charge up their blasts.

Down + B (Mega Man): Charge Kick from MM 5. Similar to Mega Man's standard dash mixed with a power kick. Thing is, this move is identical to Captain Falcon's and Ganondorf's Down + B. . .

Down + B (X): I dunno honestly. . .

Up + B (Mega Man): Some sort of uppercut mixed with the Rush Adapter's jetpack.

Up + B (X): The Nova Strike (the Giga Attack from the Ultimate Armor). He does a small little jump then takes the shape of a jet thing covered in energy and airdashing into the opponent like an aerial battery ram.

Forward + B (Both): I honestly can't think of anything.

Wave Bird

Smash Apprentice
I would like to see Megaman. Not X.

I think they could hit like 2 birds with one stone by giving Megaman a Protoman and Bass costume which would change thier name into Bass/Protoman [instead of looking like Bass and saying Megaman]. And changing their energy shot color.

magar

Banned via Administration
I Would Perfer Both, Like Samus & Zamous

Megaman Will Release His Suit Under Special Terms And Transform To Megaman Zero

Like Samus & Zamous ;)

Shark X

Smash Lord
Wave Bird said:
I would like to see Megaman. Not X.

I think they could hit like 2 birds with one stone by giving Megaman a Protoman and Bass costume which would change thier name into Bass/Protoman [instead of looking like Bass and saying Megaman]. And changing their energy shot color.
I'd go for that if that had different voices. I'd hate to play as the Adult Bass, yet hear Megamans kiddy voices.

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
I think X would be the better choice, in megaman X6 he had zeros saber, so thats a lot more options for attack. Also megaman classic has been in many crossovers as it is.

magar

Banned via Administration
Shark X said:
Mario, Sonic, and Classic Megaman are three of the biggest gameing icons ever. The three of them need to be in the same fighting game at least once, and duke it out once and for all.
I agree, U Come Up With The Best Ideas Shark X ;)

IdownisthenewupI

Smash Rookie
considering megaman is already IN a fighting game, i'd like to see X, especially since he had 3 kick *** games on nes...his speed would also fit the flow of the game real well

icymatt

Smash Lord
I don't see why appearing in a fighting game prior to Brawl should really mean anything.

Shark X

Smash Lord
icymatt said:
I don't see why appearing in a fighting game prior to Brawl should really mean anything.
Yeah, considering Link is in 2, Snake was in 2 if I'm not mistaken, Sonic was in 2 (possibly 3 with this), no problem for Megaman to be in 2. Techinally, Classic Megaman belongs in a battle between Mario and Sonic more than any other Megaman.

Redhairedpenguin12

Smash Apprentice
I'd want Original Megaman in not X or any of his other looks, and I don't know if I want more then one Megaman character in the game, maybe Proto as another character, but leave the rest of them out.

Top Bottom