• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Jigglypuff Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStig

Smash Lord
J-$ seems to do ok against fox players. I went against TEH ANTHER with his fox, and it was pretty even (we split our matches).

Robojiggz

Smash Rookie
i need some advice playing against Wolf...... its hard for me to get even near him since he just spams laser all the time and when i do attack, he recovers fast enough to fsmash me.....HELP PLEASE :(

oh and another advice....what do you prefer disabling tilt jump or to enable it?

Ulevo

Smash Master
i need some advice playing against Wolf...... its hard for me to get even near him since he just spams laser all the time and when i do attack, he recovers fast enough to fsmash me.....HELP PLEASE :(

oh and another advice....what do you prefer disabling tilt jump or to enable it?
Most people keep Tap Jump enabled to use USmash and Up B out of a shield, but Jiggly may be an exception to that considering how slow the USmash is, and Sing should only be used on a ledge anyway. This is up to your comfort.

As for Wolf, Air Dodge and float above his Lasers. Weave Bairs and Pound in and out of his range, and try to hit him in the head area so that you have time to float upwards if he attempts an FSmash. Dodging this also works if you space properly. If he tries to come too close, Shield Grab him and throw him off the stage. If you find an opportunity to use Roll Out at a higher percent, take it, but don't overuse it as he will just throw Lasers as you. Once you have him in the mid 30% range, you can become more aggressive with your aerial approaches as juggling him around will be easy. Once he's off the stage, edge guard him with Nairs, Bairs, Dairs, and shove him further away with sweetspotted Fairs.

The main goal is to get him off the stage. Once he's out there, there isn't much he can do.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I'm feeling oddly helpful right now, so if anyone has any jiggs questions feel free to ask and I may get back to you.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Luigi is way annoying to play against because he out ranges your **** by a ****ing mile. Because of this, I would probably shield a lot (but don't be predictable because of it so switch things up a lot). Learn what your opponent is going to do when you run up to him and shield. Does he hit your shield knowing that you can't shield grab him because of the whole double aerial per sh or does he do an empty sh and try to hit you with a fsmash or grab afterwards or does he just grab you. If he attacks your shield you could try to squeeze in fair or nair before his 2nd aerial comes out or you could roll backwards, if is going to do an empty sh, just jump out and hit, if hes gonna grab you just hit him before he gets to. Like everything in this game is like trying to predict your opponent and then playing almost a rock paper sissors game with it.

You could also try doing empty sh's right outside his range and try to bait and attack and then jump in yourself and hit him in his lag, or try to get him in his shield so that you can run up and grab him. Grabs are good, use them a lot, but don't get predictable, or like to be unpredictable you could spend like the first half of the game grabbing and then completely stop or something like that. Just make sure you stay unpredictable.

You should also think about all your opponents options at any given time and then think of ways to deal with each option.

Once you get him in the air don't be too aggressive with the combos because his nair will beat everything you have, instead you could try to get him to nair or air dodge and then hit him with a uair right afterwards just to keep him up. If you think he's caught on to your whole wait for him to do something scheme and thinks he just won't do anything because he'll get punished then just go gung ho and keep on his *** for a quick sec.

Hope that helps

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
whoa, you're the 2nd person I've helped in the past 2 days. I'm like on a roll or something :)

TheStig

Smash Lord
what bowyer is helping again? what the **** i thought that jiggs sucks *** but brawl sucks *** more j/k

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
I was experimenting with Jiggly the other day, and discovered that, at lower percents, Jiggly can link her Jab>Jab into a grab. What I do is start my jab combo, and once it starts, hold forward, and then right when the jabs end, grab. I'm pretty sure it is inescapable at lower percents.

Once the opponenet gets to higher percents, you can get them with a running grab, although I think that this might be spot dodgeable.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I was experimenting with Jiggly the other day, and discovered that, at lower percents, Jiggly can link her Jab>Jab into a grab. What I do is start my jab combo, and once it starts, hold forward, and then right when the jabs end, grab. I'm pretty sure it is inescapable at lower percents.

Once the opponenet gets to higher percents, you can get them with a running grab, although I think that this might be spot dodgeable.
Older news. I've used this to link into off-stage WoP's, getting some great kills.

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
I just want to say that i started to use jigglypuff as a main and i think she is very fun to use and also surprising easy. Anyone who thinks Jigglypuff is a pushover should think again.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
how do you go against a zelda that spams fireball and upsmash?
lol, I ****ing hate zeldas who just sit back and fireball. Like the only thing you can do is like run and shield. When you're in the air it you totally will get owned if the zelda isn't predictable on when she blows the thing up. As far as the up smash, just space your bairs well and you shouldn't have a problem avoiding it.

I just want to say that i started to use jigglypuff as a main and i think she is very fun to use and also surprising easy. Anyone who thinks Jigglypuff is a pushover should think again.
I think jiggs is a pushover.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
I posted a thread with a couple of videos demonstrating my Jiggs if someone would be so kind to critique them. *looks at Bowyer* :"}

I'll try to upload s'more... Usually my Jiggs matches are pretty drawn out so I don't have many replays, heh.

This Sunday I'll be using Jiggs/Snake for my tournament, and I think Cort may attend.

Anything I should abuse vs Snake? Lots off the stage/edge pressure with bair/fair, I assume. I know he won't let me cypher grab him, but I think dtilt and dsmash may help set that up.

James177

Smash Rookie
After playing a good Dedede, to win you have to never fight him with his back turned, just jump above and pound from the other side, YOU WILL NOT hit him with you moves when he uses b air.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
If you grab release someone over the edge, and pummel them until the drop, you can follow them off the ledge and intercept them with an aerial, or potentially a rest.

I don't know if this has already been discussed, just throwin' it out there.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I've done that before, but depending on the character, your chances of edge guarding them aren't too good.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
If you're going to be playing jiggs, you have to be defensive. Poke with fair and bair, and then move back. The only way you're going to beat people is if you make them impatient and make them space bad. Irritate them to the point that they give you openings to connect nairs to unsweetspotted fairs. to grabs. Also for edge guarding, do a unsweetspotfair, has almost no knockback, but sets up for easier fair kill.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
can you DI out of a dair to rest? I realize that it is much harder to hit good players with this.
You can smash DI out of it, but if you read what direction they're going to smash DI out, you can move that way and still get them.

w!ld ch!ld

Smash Cadet
oh and i believe they can di while your drill kicking but you can just follow it and get the rest off

w!ld ch!ld

Smash Cadet
yeah that too stupid wario and he has any sort of match up unlike jiggs she just gets owned all day

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I think I may take a long hiatus from brawl. If anyone has questions feel free to post them and I may get back to you, but I think for now I'll either be on my skateboard or in the pool. I'll probably be back hardcore come fall time, though I may switch mains, lol, peace peoples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom