• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Jigglypuff Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Mada:

Your approach should be a lot less aggressive when they are at low percents. You should try to hit them and then get the hell outta there because your hit on them, isn't going to have enough hit stun to keep them from hitting you before you touch the ground

I don't see you using up air at all. When you are right on them, up air is pretty good to pop them up and then you can attempt to follow it up with more moves, plus against most toons, if you pop them up, chances are, they won't be able to hit you right afterwards.

Against Ike, to edge guard, you should try to get on the other side of him (he should be between you and the stage) and then when he is rising up, bair him.

Shield camping is nice to use also. Just run and shield and stuff like that, and then if he hits your shield try to hit him back. Generally, the only thing toons without projectiles or turtles can do to your shield is grab, so just watch out for your opponent to start grabbing a lot, and then switch it up and punish him for his attempted grab and stuff like that. Just don't be predictable with it.

Also, there is no rush to hit the other guy. Try empty sh and just chill and wait for a better time to approach your opponent.

Those are the main things I noticed, but I only watched the first 2 vids. Is there any chance that you could get some videos of normal non wifi matches? The lag was definitely noticeable and people play differently on wifi than they would normally, so wifi matches aren't as good to get critiqued as a normal match.

Mada90

Smash Apprentice
I can get normal matches videos,but not against a pro.
Btw thanks for the tips,i'll try to follow them.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
A normal match against a non-pro is still better than a wifi match against a pro, so as soon as you get some of those vids up, I'd be happy to pick em apart.

Also, everyone should check out the vids in my sig :).

TheStig

Smash Lord
Hey Bowyer I need some advice again,

I played against Anther and his Pikagay on wifi (yeah I know), and it was rough, to put it lightly. One match, i was up one stock then rolled to my death. anyways, what are some techniques to edgeguard. At one point, i had Pikachu underneath FD and he stilled recovered. i guess i could try to sh the ledge to get invinsibility frames but pikachu is too fast.

Bowyer for SBR!

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
lol, Anther is pretty amazing. Pika is ******** hard to edge guard, and the snapping to the edge feature just made it even harder. Really the only thing you can do is try to predict the area he is going to be passing through and throw out a fair or nair. If he is at a high percent try to hit him with a strong fair to kill him, otherwise you could try to hit him with a weak fair or nair, and follow it up with a strong nair or fair to add more damage, but I mean really, pika is really really hard to edge guard. Oh yeah, I forgot, you should weak nair to footstool jump him, it would probably kill if it landed.

TheStig

Smash Lord
cool, i gotta practive footstool jumping because it could be useful. which reminds me, i was playing Anther in Delphino Plaza?, i went under the stage to throw some u-airs at him, he footstooled me, and i ran out of jumps. also rollout seems to be kinda effective, as i was able to get a couple of cheap kills on FD. it can kill pika at around 60%.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
How are you planning on landing a rollout on a good player? Most good players will at least be able to get out of the way with no problem and they'll probably be able to hit you out of it.

CervPurp63

Smash Apprentice
by rolling players, im mean people who constantly attack and roll out the way to avoid punishment. and apparently i suck so bad at the game tat i cant find a way to punish it. any advice?

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
If he rolls through you a lot, you can do a jab or something without a lot of lag and then charge a f smash the other way. If he rolls away, then there is less that you can do to punish it. You should try to hit him after he does his attack but before he can shield or roll. Hopefully that helps but if you can get a vid of you playing, I'd be happy to check it out and help ya more.

CervPurp63

Smash Apprentice
thats my problem, i don't have the means to get footage. and besides, i can punish people well on platforms. the thing is at his house we only play on FD cuz they condier it the "man stage". wutever. i'll definately try to work on my spacing and use your tactics. thanks

TheStig

Smash Lord
How are you planning on landing a rollout on a good player? Most good players will at least be able to get out of the way with no problem and they'll probably be able to hit you out of it.
sometimes i use it as they are getting up after being knocked down, and it can surprise some people. overall i don't think it is too useful. anyways, nice job getting host of the month on aib. wish uiuc had a competitive tourney scene.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
sometimes i use it as they are getting up after being knocked down, and it can surprise some people. overall i don't think it is too useful. anyways, nice job getting host of the month on aib. wish uiuc had a competitive tourney scene.
i like to use it for mindgames when recovering from high distances.

sometimes i'll charge the roll out then shoot behind the person, switch direction and hit them from behind.

or i'll try to hit the person dead on

or sweetspot the ledge.

also, i PM'd you about wifi.

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
Hmm, anyone have tips for facing Sonic? I just lost a game to one of my friend's friend today though it was pretty close. Still, I couldn't get him to the air where I outpriortized him. Plus during the game, I couldn't figure out a true way to punish the Spin Dash since he mixes it up with Homing Attacks after or some aerial. Plus I couldn't land any Dair at all on him since he was all over the place so I didn't even get to use Rest that game :(

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
hmm, I haven't played any good sonics, but I can try to help.

I would try floating just high enough to where he needs to jump to get to you and when he does you'll own him. When he does a spin move, you should jump in the air and when he comes at you, just stick out an aerial. bair, fair, and nair should beat his move.

If that doesn't work, then when he spins, you could try either going to him and pounding if he close, or running away if hes spinning a ways away.

You could also try doing the run and shield approach. If he grabs you its not a big deal, but if you know he's going to grab, just jump and nair or something. You should also work on avoiding the moves that will kill you if they connect.

Sonic can't really kill so with good DI and watching out for certain moves, you should live a lot longer than him.

I guess thats what I can come up in my head, is there any way you could get a video of you two playing?

thx

Smash Ace
sonic is like a fast character in melee running around really fast trying to rack up damage *i play sonic as well* use nair he'll run into it alot his air game is alright but jiggz can beat it i would try for wop more than rest here hes to fast although theres not much he can do to you at low percent i mean side smash is alright and down smash is okay but nothing too powerful

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
How sexy, I got a ledge canceled sing to ledgehop Rest on someone's DK for the win cause he tried to forward smash me while I was on the ledge. It's too bad the match was 4 minutes long though, I wanted the replay :(

Edit: Oh so I played SK92 today, or at least I think it was him. He was over at GameFAQs saying he could beat anyone. I got him down to his last stock and 97% before being spiked at a relatively mid percent (I think, I'll watch the replay later). Lag was probably a factor, but not too bad for a newish Brawl player don't you think? I'll see if I can find a way of uploading the replay later...)

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I just won a tournament using Captain Falcon because I'm ****ing amazing at this game!!! lol

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
luigi??? lol. And just because I won with C. Falcon does not mean I main him because he blows like ****ing balls.

TheStig

Smash Lord
Hey, I was bored and I was trying to find some new ways to incorporate rest with jigglypuff's aerials. What are your thoughts on nair to rest? This can be done by sh nair, lightly hitting them, then resting while you are right next to them. This works at high percentages for kills. It's not as good as drill to rest because that's a real combo, but it could be another option.

Which tournament did you win?

Mada90

Smash Apprentice
Well it was already known from melee,it's a risky rest,I never saw it or used it in a real match.
There's just always a better option i suppose.

TheStig

Smash Lord
Yes King did discover this in melee. He called it Frooed or something like that, but it is interesting that it still works in brawl.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
It was easy to land in melee because if you get the timing down, you just need to nair over top of them to an autocanceled rest and it was a true combo. In brawl, sh nair to rest is a true combo but is ******** hard to do and requires much stricter timing and placement than in melee and its hard to replicate in training mode.

The tournament I won was just a local tourney in Grand Rapids, MI.

TheStig

Smash Lord
yeah nair to rest is very difficult to use and spacing is pretty difficult. i used it against my friends though , and it awesome when it hits though. This can also be done with fair and bair but nair is the best because its easier to control and priority is higher.

1HKO

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone have any ideas of a time when you would like to be far below an opponent when they are off the stage? If so then my LBRC(see b-sticking w/ rollout viable thread for more details) might have a good use.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Bowyer for SBR!
qft.

Voting is going on right now for accepting people into the backroom. Everyone, I need your support more now than ever before. :)

Edit: Everyone should also subscribe to my youtube.com channel at the bottom of my sig. :grin:

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Absolutely nothing, lol. But you could post **** saying I should be in the SBR for the hell of it, lol.

TheStig

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure you will get in. I'm kinda curious about SBR though. How many people get inducted and how many people are votiing? Um...

Bowyer for BackRoom!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom