• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Chaingrabbing Thread.

YUNq PHR3$H

Smash Journeyman
k SRSLY ?
banning cg's from ic is like taking away a basketball from Kobe
lmao like SRSLY !
ic cg's shouldnt be banned what so ever
&& if so

Chain grabs shouldn't be banned.
Anyone who says otherwise better give a good 15 page argument as to why.
like c'mon man practically everybody in da ****ing game has one
then there's infinates
&& then theres METAKNIGHT O_O
im not tryna hear that cg's should be banned

EDiT: BTW im doing like a cg contest so ppl throw some
cg's at me like for example : b-throw - f-throw - d-throw- hobbling
hey imah use dat
but yea something like that.. && give me yur wii code while yur @ it
if u dont have it in your name
i take on anyone you got !

IrArby

Smash Ace
Essentially, these infinites and CGs are made possible because of game's floaty, air-momentum-killing engine so if you have a problem with them, blame the game and as I've said before, blame the designers/testers.

This is essentially what you get when you trade depth for user friendlyness. You get combos with less depth(options variations escapes etc.) still essentially combos like the other games but in a simplified version. These are the competitive elements and you must either except them as such or quit the game. If you get rid of everything you don't like your not playing the game anymore. You'd be playing Diet Brawl or Brawl Light.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
so in the news Ike CGs Bowser to 45% with bthrow. Lol much? (its old though)

So should we make a list of characters who have at least one CG to see whose left to find a CG for?

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Yes I'd definitely help, I wanna prove my theory. ;)

These are the characters that have a CG so far.

Falco: Dthrow
King Dedede: Dthrow
Marth: Fthrow
Wario: Dthrow
Lucario: Side B
Pikachu: Fthrow & Dthrow
Kirby: Fthrow Uair repeat
DK: Cargo grab release
IC's: LOL?
ZSS: Fthrow
Peach: Dthrow
Bowser: Grab release
Ike: Bthrow?
Yoshi: Grab release
Link: Dthrow

Of course all of those chaingrabs can only be performed on certain characters and at certain percentages.

Hive

Smash Lord
I don't think samus will have one :( we've been trying to find a way to actually chain that thing forever lol :p

The closest I've ever really seen is grab release->fullycharged charge shot (stuns)->dash grab :p

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I don't think samus will have one :( we've been trying to find a way to actually chain that thing forever lol :p

The closest I've ever really seen is grab release->fullycharged charge shot (stuns)->dash grab :p
Yeah seriously, Count Samus out of that one. Pit's got one though, Fthrow it's like marths only lasts like three throws but it's a 20% that you don't have to worry about.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well, I'm glad that Pikachu chain-grab doesn't affect Yoshi even though it affects like one-half of the cast. =P

Trela

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure no one FULLY discovered Lucario's Up-Throw CG.

Imma look more into it. I'll also make a Thread on it later. <3

=Trela=

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
If they ban chain grabs the Ice Climbers will lose their potential and making them a bad character.

swordgard

Smash Hero
As kev! said, which is hilarious,
Pikachu: Because one chaingrab isnt enough.
Ice climbers: Because seven chaingrabs isnt enough.

swordgard

Smash Hero
It won't happen, with the possible exception of infinite grabs that are easy to pull off.
Lol, why would they ban something which isnt dominating the tourney scene. Seriously, any big and known tourney wont ban this, it would be very scrubby to do so. Dont ban what aint broken. And if its so easy to pull off, why doesnt everyone use ics? Why dont you go win a few tourneys with them and prove us how easy it is.

Adetque

Smash Apprentice
IC chaingrabs should be banned. They have so much potential, but it's all ignored due to the chaingrabs.

lol That is the first I've heard that. ICs having more potential without the CGs lol

Just a thought. Might it be a good idea as this being the offical chaingrabbing thread to make a compliation of all the known and tested CGs? Or maybe at the very least point out links of threads to specific characters. Just link up to the threads for DDD, Falco, ICs, and pikachu and everyone else just mention who they work on such as marths' fthrow x2 at like 0% on fox and falco.

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
IC chaingrabs should be banned. They have so much potential, but it's all ignored due to the chaingrabs.
Why would you need to ban their CGs in order to 'unlock their potential'? I would've thought having more moves/options would increase their potential... silly me?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Why would you need to ban their CGs in order to 'unlock their potential'? I would've thought having more moves/options would increase their potential... silly me?
The idea seems to be that it would force players to develop new styles, and ICs seem to have the tools to develop those new styles, but players are learning on CGs like a crutch.

Which is a possibility, but ICs power would still signifigantly hampered by the lack of CGs, and it's stupid to ban something in order to attempt social engineering.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
The idea seems to be that it would force players to develop new styles, and ICs seem to have the tools to develop those new styles, but players are learning on CGs like a crutch.

Which is a possibility, but ICs power would still signifigantly hampered by the lack of CGs, and it's stupid to ban something in order to attempt social engineering.
Any decent IC player knows not to rely on chaingrabs for a multitude of reasons (hard to get the grab, Nana needs to be with you, etc). No good ICs rely on CGs. It's just a part of their game.

Just for the record, I used to main ICs.

cemo

white walker
I think the Icies alternating grab should be banned, but feel free to do whatever footstool/fair/ice block/whatever hijinx you want because those are more interesting.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
ICs would still be pretty good even without the CG if they had a lot of skill with desynching, that can spell trouble for a lot of people. of course, they'd probably drop to low tier because they'd be the hardest to master.

D3 would also suffer considerably without his CG. I don't doubt his advantageous matchups like vs DK and vs Snake would immediately turn around on him. I doubt he's anywhere past low high tier/high mid tier without it, to be honest.

as for Pikachu..I thought he couldn't get more annoying. Then he chaingrabbed me. Pikachu players are *****.

Top Bottom