• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW Guide To Spray Painting Your Gamecube Controller

BombTicker

Smash Apprentice
Go here for controller decals. Its a community member too: http://www.storenvy.com/stores/112989-shardstore
Sorry to bug you so much but I have a quick question, where do you paint your controllers? Because I was gonna give mine another go but decided to do it in my garage with the slider open or outside this time and I got worried, with all the time it takes to spray paint and let it dry won't bugs land on it? Or other flying seed ****s in general? If a fly lands on the wet paint can't it **** the coat up/ get mummified into your controller? Just an odd concern, maybe it's not a problem I just have no clue lol.

Raveks

Smash Rookie
You probably should have just bought a smash logo decal instead of painting it on yourself, as it looks pretty bad since you weren't able to get clean edges.
yeah the tape i used for the logo wasn't the best. i'll definitely get decals next time!

Sorry to bug you so much but I have a quick question, where do you paint your controllers? Because I was gonna give mine another go but decided to do it in my garage with the slider open or outside this time and I got worried, with all the time it takes to spray paint and let it dry won't bugs land on it? Or other flying seed ****s in general? If a fly lands on the wet paint can't it **** the coat up/ get mummified into your controller? Just an odd concern, maybe it's not a problem I just have no clue lol.
i did all the painting just outside my garage and no bugs or anything landed on it! once i had all the coats on though i moved it inside to dry to keep it from dust and whatnot. but you should be fine painting it outside! just keep an eye on it between coats so you can catch anything that might get stuck on it (although it is unlikely)

Last edited by a moderator:

GCS Gaming Customs

https://gcsgamingcustoms.storenvy.com
i did all the painting just outside my garage and no bugs or anything landed on it! once i had all the coats on though i moved it inside to dry to keep it from dust and whatnot. but you should be fine painting it outside! just keep an eye on it between coats so you can catch anything that might get stuck on it (although it is unlikely)
This ^ and also if there is something on there, DO NOT TRY TO REMOVE WHILE THE PAINT IS DRYING. It never works, and you'll screw everything up.
Keep a closer eye for dust and dirt when doing the clear coats. Also, avoid a dusty setting. A garage is fine, but cleaning the garage while painting a controller could be bad. To remove dirt from regular paint, try scratching very lightly with your fingers to rub it off or chip it out. If that doesn't work, do some very light sanding with high grit paper. With clear coat, use only the first method mentioned, don't sand it at all or it will look horrible.

Hope this was helpful. Feel free to ask any questions, always willing to answer and help in any way I can.

Last edited:

BombTicker

Smash Apprentice
I have something to say in general about controller painting, I know it's kinda "wrong" but I realized a few days ago that people on craigslist that have no clue melee is getting big and no clue about the worth of gamecube controllers. This basically means I now have 4 gamecubes with 4 controller all chords for only $30-40 per package, I feel so bad but I am so happy I can survive 20XX with all these controllers lol. So yeah if you botch a paintjob don't worry guys nobody knows their worth on craigslist, at least near me they don't lol. Also pretty sure I saw melee in some of the packages but I already have 2 discs so I'm good on that lol, they were going for a range of $5 with packages and ****, to like $15-20 alone, so I guess it's a good time to stock up on melees if you don't already have 2 working discs. One of the controllers were meh the other ones were good but it's really a gamble with controllers I guess.

BombTicker

Smash Apprentice
Turned out just how I wanted it, only with a little blood sweat and tears lol. not really that much work just a few warnings to give before people start. This is stuff I learned on my first run.
1. USE TAPE FOR THE BUTTON SLOTS! I didn't and i ended up spending a while sanding down the walls of the place where the buttons go.
2. DON'T PAINT STICKS! Okay I didn't do this but it seems like a terrible idea lol.
3. WHEN THEY SAY LIGHT COATS THEY MEAN LIGHT COATS! I did heavy coats and it made it blotchy and drippy on my first try at painting the controller
4. CHECK ON THE CONTROLLER BEFORE YOU PUT THE NEXT COAT ON! On my current controller you can't see in the photo but I actually mummified a tiny hair under the controller's clear coats lol.
5. DON'T PAINT BUTTONS! I did, waaay more work than it's worth and I doubt it will even last.
6. WHEN PUTTING THE CONTROLLER BACK TOGETHER REMEMBER THE INITIAL ASSEMBLY OF THE TRIGGERS! Things that were part of the left trigger at the beginning are not interchangeable with the right trigger pieces. I didn't notice this since the black piece under the spring looks exactly the same on either trigger, put them in separate plastic bags or something.
7. DON'T PAINT THE DPAD! I know I did lol, the dpad is stiff to begin with and painting it just made it worse while one would think it couldn't get worse.
8. AFTER A COAT MAKE SURE YOU PAINTED EVERY INCH BEFORE STARTING THE NEXT COAT. Sometimes certain areas of the controller are harder to reach than others so unless you are trying to hit that part specifically you won't hit it very often/enough.
9. Oh yeah, expect an update on whether or not ****ty 3rd party controller shells will fit with regular 1st party controllers. Someone in this thread said they won't work but I read somewhere else they do and they look like they would fit so I ordered 2 online for like 8 dollars and I'll check it out and report back.
10. THE ONLY WAY TO REMOVE PAINT IS SCRAPING!!! YEAH I KNOW THAT SUCKS ASS!!! My first botched paint job was sooo difficult to remove, I tried all these chemical means even turpentine and none worked at all. The one thing I did notice was that with nail polish remover it was slightly easier to scrape off. I recommend sand paper, steel wool or an actual scraper.
11. CLEAN IT WHILE YOU ARE IN THERE, THIS **** AIN'T A QUICKY TO OPEN!!!

Also thanks so much to everyone who responded to my questions when I was in the process of doing this, especially GameCubeScrubb.

Just one problem, my joysticks stick as shown in the picture in those directions they are pointed in only. I haven't opened it up after I noticed this so I just thought I could get some opinions on what the problem might be before I do open it because, as I said, it isn't exactly a quick operation to open it frequently.
UPDATE: Already opened it up and fixed the sticking joysticks, the problem was a little too much paint on the opposite side under the area where the joysticks are inserted, in a way that the base of the opposite side the sticks point towards gets jammed. New tip: NO, REALLY USE TAPE!!!

wud i do.jpg

Last edited:

GCS Gaming Customs

You really don't need to use tape usually.. You probably just sprayed way too heavy (thats what it looks like)

Painting buttons is always an awful idea, you can paint the d-pad tho.

Oh yeah, expect an update on whether or not ****ty 3rd party controller shells will fit with regular 1st party controllers. Someone in this thread said they won't work but I read somewhere else they do and they look like they would fit so I ordered 2 online for like 8 dollars and I'll check it out and report back.
And in my experience, this doesn't work

A huge reason why I do commission custom controllers is to save people the trouble of the painting process.. Rarely do people get their controller close to how they expect it to be first try, especially when they lack paint experience and controller experience. I screwed up in a different way for about my first 30 painted controllers, so I understand the frustration involved. For most of you, I would recommend just ordering a painted controller from me or another seller to save yourself the trouble and time, and you will be glad you avoided the annoying process.

DON'T PAINT STICKS! Okay I didn't do this but it seems like a terrible idea lol.
Amen

http://gcsgamingcustoms.storenvy.com/products/7721187-colored-ps3-analog-stick

Last edited:

BombTicker

Smash Apprentice
You really don't need to use tape usually.. You probably just sprayed way too heavy (thats what it looks like)

Painting buttons is always an awful idea, you can paint the d-pad tho.

And in my experience, this doesn't work

A huge reason why I do commission custom controllers is to save people the trouble of the painting process.. Rarely do people get their controller close to how they expect it to be first try, especially when they lack paint experience and controller experience. I screwed up in a different way for about my first 30 painted controllers, so I understand the frustration involved. For most of you, I would recommend just ordering a painted controller from me or another seller to save yourself the trouble and time, and you will be glad you avoided the annoying process.

Amen

http://gcsgamingcustoms.storenvy.com/products/7721187-colored-ps3-analog-stick
This^^^ If I had currency for online use I would 1000x do it, unfortunately all my money is in cash lol. Have to open a bank account soon so that I won't lose 2k if a fire starts in my room lol, damn that would suck. Also another reason to just buy an already painted one is the time, SO much time is required to make it turn out how you want it. Removing my botched paintjob took like 2 days of my life away that would've been avoided if I just ordered one, well at l got to bond with my brother who helped me remove it, lol. Also I did do the whole paintjob outside because my garage which I travel through with the controller is kinda dirty and I didn't want to walk through to let coats try inside because I was scared of dust or spiderwebs getting in the coats, so for this I had to sit by the controller drying like ALL day after putting down coats to make sure bugs didn't get on it, you may think, why would bugs flock to paint? Well I may wonder that to but THEY DO. I had to stay on bug defense the entire time swatting away flies and ants, honestly ants are really what you have to watch out for especially if you are like me and are stupid enough to do the painting on newspaper on the ground instead of an elevated surface, they go straight for paint for no ****ing reason, it's like what you hear about kids sniffing paint in the 80s lol. I trust your judgement for the 3rd party controller shells and am probably not gonna try it, but one thing I do know is that with many 3rd party controllers buttons do work in 1st party controllers, by this I mean just the piece of plastic so it's not like it really matters that they are kinda low quality, it really matters what specific 3rd party you get but most have buttons identical to regular controllers which is pretty cool if you ask me. Also another thing you can salvage from 3rd party controllers is the cstick, from what I've seen the control sticks in many but not all 3rd party controllers are lower quality, usually heavier and are FAR less durable and rip quickly. But it seems that the csticks in general most of the time are of surprisingly passable quality, they feel decent and are pretty damn durable, not as good as the original but pretty close considering all you need cstick for is flicking in one direction at a time, it doesn't buffet from rough dashdances, wavedashes or willpower DI (when you try oh so hard to DI well and end up jamming the stick to the left or right HARD, lol). Another thing that you can salvage from 3rd party controllers is actually the screws, this may sound pretty ****ing stupid at first thought but if you open your controller frequently even if you are careful unscrewing the screws you are bound to strip the screws just a little bit each time you open/close your controller, so you can replace them with the screws from the 3rd party ****ty controller which not only gives you new screws but also makes it more convenient to open since most 3rd party controllers need Phillips head screwdrivers to open so now you don't need to worry about having a triwing around. Also I may have ****ed up big time with spraying too heavy but I'm gonna have to disagree, I think tape is great to use, but whatevs, to each his own.

Moral of the story: Just get your controller custom painted from this guy unless you really enjoy arts and crafts or something.

phrigid

Smash Rookie
Hey I was wondering if anyone here could give me some guidance as to how to paint my controller like this.
I dont know what to do to get the top to be two different colors, should I just try to go the tape route? I can figure out the triforce, but the brown and black is stumping me.

GCS Gaming Customs

Try painting the whole top shell white for a primer first, then a brown coat, wait for a day, tape the parts you want to be brown with painters tape (make sure you cover the whole part with the tape to avoid splotches of the black on the brown), and then paint the black, then apply the decal. Don't paint the triforce, just order one here to make your life x10 easier: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zelda-Trifo...s_Stickers_Vinyl_Art&var=&hash=item3f28f93ec8

BombTicker

Smash Apprentice
Hey I was wondering if anyone here could give me some guidance as to how to paint my controller like this.
I dont know what to do to get the top to be two different colors, should I just try to go the tape route? I can figure out the triforce, but the brown and black is stumping me.
I hate to say it but you're probs gonna mess up the first time, so have 2 controllers ready so you can botch the first one and throw it away and the second one you could do right if you learned enough from the first time. For the triforce you should use decals stickers thingys that someone posted the link to earlier in this thread, they have sticker things with all the stock symbols of the melee maybe brawl cast, you could just put the sticker on where you want it then just spray paint over a red coat with black spray paint (wait a LONG TIME between coats of different colors, wait like 7 hrs if they are 2 different colors.) Do this black coat a few times (2-3 coats of black over the sticker area and where ever else you want black) then use tweezers or some operation like **** to peel off the decal sticker without peeling off the rest of the paint which is going to require you to be VERY CAREFUL. Also you may actually have to use a very thin small sharp knife like an exactoknife to cut the decal sticker from the paint so that you don't peel it but then again this is going to require enormous precision and care. This could be avoided if you just use the black decal over the paint already present and just put your clear coats right over the decal sticker mummifying it into your controller and making it feel smooth as if there were no a sticker since it is actually a really thin sticker. But for you to use the actual black decal and not paint over it and use the mumifying method then you would have to change your colors to make maybe the brown where the black is and black where the brown is, I personally think that would look great either way. The decals I was thinking of that GCS linked earlier are these kind of ones http://www.storenvy.com/stores/112989-shardstore they seem to fit better to your controller design you provided in my opinion. Don't paint your buttons that doesn't work yet (there may be a way soon) it comes off fast and looks like **** in weeks, there is no safe way to paint buttons yet, even HBox's controller which curse probs spent a ton on has peeling button paint, he just doesn't let people see that so that he doesn't put in a bad word for curse and envy controllers but if you look closely you can see the paint chips a bit over time. I actually found a paint which painted buttons a lot better than other paints and GCS is looking into it, I wouldn't really bother to look into it since I don't really care for controller painting much, I did it a few times and now I'm done lol. As for your dual color paints of brown and black I'd say do what GCS said and use painter's tape, there is really no other way to do it well so I don't know what you are asking about that lol. Also just a recommendation do something cool with painters tape on the back too, I don't know what, be creative lol it's your controller! Also if you are not someone who opens your controller much then clean the insides/guts of it while you have it opened along with think really hard and make a decision about whether or not you want to do any controller mods, these mods are all tourney legal of course, I mean you may want to replace the sticks with nunchuck or PS3/4 sticks or you may want to remove your trigger springs if you don't play melee so that it is easier to use the triggers, maybe remove rumble pack to make it lighter, put in LEDs, round your analog stick casing to get better firefox angles, etc. Really just think before you close it back up so that you don't close it only to realize you have to open it again because you forgot to do something, it is a bit of a pain to open and close it constantly.

BombTicker

Smash Apprentice
I hate to say it but you're probs gonna mess up the first time, so have 2 controllers ready so you can botch the first one and throw it away and the second one you could do right if you learned enough from the first time. For the triforce you should use decals stickers thingys that someone posted the link to earlier in this thread, they have sticker things with all the stock symbols of the melee maybe brawl cast, you could just put the sticker on where you want it then just spray paint over a red coat with black spray paint (wait a LONG TIME between coats of different colors, wait like 7 hrs if they are 2 different colors.) Do this black coat a few times (2-3 coats of black over the sticker area and where ever else you want black) then use tweezers or some operation like **** to peel off the decal sticker without peeling off the rest of the paint which is going to require you to be VERY CAREFUL. Also you may actually have to use a very thin small sharp knife like an exactoknife to cut the decal sticker from the paint so that you don't peel it but then again this is going to require enormous precision and care. This could be avoided if you just use the black decal over the paint already present and just put your clear coats right over the decal sticker mummifying it into your controller and making it feel smooth as if there were no a sticker since it is actually a really thin sticker. But for you to use the actual black decal and not paint over it and use the mumifying method then you would have to change your colors to make maybe the brown where the black is and black where the brown is, I personally think that would look great either way. The decals I was thinking of that GCS linked earlier are these kind of ones http://www.storenvy.com/stores/112989-shardstore they seem to fit better to your controller design you provided in my opinion. Don't paint your buttons that doesn't work yet (there may be a way soon) it comes off fast and looks like **** in weeks, there is no safe way to paint buttons yet, even HBox's controller which curse probs spent a ton on has peeling button paint, he just doesn't let people see that so that he doesn't put in a bad word for curse and envy controllers but if you look closely you can see the paint chips a bit over time. I actually found a paint which painted buttons a lot better than other paints and GCS is looking into it, I wouldn't really bother to look into it since I don't really care for controller painting much, I did it a few times and now I'm done lol. As for your dual color paints of brown and black I'd say do what GCS said and use painter's tape, there is really no other way to do it well so I don't know what you are asking about that lol. Also just a recommendation do something cool with painters tape on the back too, I don't know what, be creative lol it's your controller! Also if you are not someone who opens your controller much then clean the insides/guts of it while you have it opened along with think really hard and make a decision about whether or not you want to do any controller mods, these mods are all tourney legal of course, I mean you may want to replace the sticks with nunchuck or PS3/4 sticks or you may want to remove your trigger springs if you don't play melee so that it is easier to use the triggers, maybe remove rumble pack to make it lighter, put in LEDs, round your analog stick casing to get better firefox angles, etc. Really just think before you close it back up so that you don't close it only to realize you have to open it again because you forgot to do something, it is a bit of a pain to open and close it constantly.
Also I said 7 hours, I forgot about the tape being a factor until I read GCS's post and he's right wait about 24 hours because even if it feels dry tape will take that sh it right off if you put it on before it cures for around a whole day.

Jehtt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TurboJett
So uh, I got a question.
I know a lot of you seem to not recommend painting the buttons, but I wanna give it a shot anyway. If it chips, whatever. I can try repainting it.
However, in all of the videos I've seen of disassembling the controller, no one ever takes out the R or L buttons, leading me to assume that you cannot. Does this mean that it is impossible to paint the triggers?

BombTicker

Smash Apprentice
So uh, I got a question.
I know a lot of you seem to not recommend painting the buttons, but I wanna give it a shot anyway. If it chips, whatever. I can try repainting it.
However, in all of the videos I've seen of disassembling the controller, no one ever takes out the R or L buttons, leading me to assume that you cannot. Does this mean that it is impossible to paint the triggers?
you can take out the l and r buttons, you just need a small phillips head screwdriver which you probs already have. You wont have any problems taking them out, i replaced several of my triggers. About painting the buttons tho.... we warned ya, also repainting is a ***** but possible.

Jehtt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TurboJett
you can take out the l and r buttons, you just need a small phillips head screwdriver which you probs already have. You wont have any problems taking them out, i replaced several of my triggers. About painting the buttons tho.... we warned ya, also repainting is a ***** but possible.
Thank you.
I know the risks, but who knows? Maybe I'll be lucky and it'll last for a few months before I have to reapply. :)

GCS Gaming Customs

I know the risks, but who knows? Maybe I'll be lucky and it'll last for a few months before I have to reapply. :)
Just don't paint too heavy of a coat.. I would recommend some sort of outdoor grade paint made for lawn chairs (even if it doesn't say plastic) and paint during good conditions. You might be ok if you get lucky

BombTicker

Smash Apprentice
Just don't paint too heavy of a coat.. I would recommend some sort of outdoor grade paint made for lawn chairs (even if it doesn't say plastic) and paint during good conditions. You might be ok if you get lucky
GCS still waiting on you testing the flower paint to make painting buttons reliable!

Vikolin

Smash Rookie
Greetings, I don't know if this has been asked earlier but, has anyone tried to repaint platinum silver controllers to restore their original looks? This guide is awesome but I have my doubt about matching the original paint for wired and wavebird platinum silver controllers. I have 4 that need retouching in the grips and backside and I would like to retouch them. Thanks in advance.

CoBam

Smash Rookie
Thanks so much for this guide. I've painted 4 controllers now thanks to it.

31gma

Smash Cadet
NNID
yrba10
Welp, decided to apply clear coat during the night (around 75F) and it left paint cracks on my controller. Should I re-sand it again during the day once the paint fully dries?

EDIT: It's gonna be 90-100F from where I live during the day

Last edited:

GCS Gaming Customs

Welp, decided to apply clear coat during the night (around 75F) and it left paint cracks on my controller. Should I re-sand it again during the day once the paint fully dries?

EDIT: It's gonna be 90-100F from where I live during the day
You need to follow the instructions exactly as they are on the can. It is likely you either (most to least likely):
a) sprayed too heavy of coat(s)
b) sprayed when it was too humid
c) did not follow directions on the can

Try to paint during the least humid part of the day (look up weather day of) less than 50% for good clear coat results.
If they are very small cracks, you may be able to get away with sanding it with 1000+ grit paper and waxing fluid. If this doesn't work (which it probably won't unfortunately) just sanded the clear off completely and paint 1-2 coats of the base color again and then clear it again, but do it right this time.

Last edited:

Jehtt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TurboJett
It's been a over a week since I've painted my buttons, and the only ones that have chipped so far are the L and R triggers, which I can't say I didn't expect. The face buttons are doing fine though, and I'm happy with how it's turned out.
Thanks for the guide!

Mister the Wizard

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5472-7432-3401
My only question would be, how the heck do you change the color of the c-stick without taking the rubber off or replacing it with a regular analog? Sliq, Flamestar, and Fizzi all had c-sticks that were different colors but still had the rubber intact. Also, would you be able to hook up a fan inside the controllers like an LED? Or would that take up to much power? Thanks for the great post!

MrTsAGamer (MrT)

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrTsAGamer
I have painted my controller and love it. But after a few weeks of use, the clear coat has started to feel sticky. I am painting a new controller soon so, I would like to know if I can prevent this. If so how?

Sliq

Smash Master
My only question would be, how the heck do you change the color of the c-stick without taking the rubber off or replacing it with a regular analog? Sliq, Flamestar, and Fizzi all had c-sticks that were different colors but still had the rubber intact. Also, would you be able to hook up a fan inside the controllers like an LED? Or would that take up to much power? Thanks for the great post!
Don't paint the buttons or sticks. It doesn't work that well. I replaced the buttons and sticks when the paint started ****ing up.

pluto

Smash Cadet
all my controllers come out great, i know how to apply paint and all that jazz, but my only problem is that AFTERWARDS after a couple days they get really dirty when i use them. i even wash my hands right before i use them every time and they still get dark gunk build up in some areas and i have no idea why. is it the topcoat i'm using? and if so what kind of paints do you guys recommend to avoid this issue.

GCS Gaming Customs

all my controllers come out great, i know how to apply paint and all that jazz, but my only problem is that AFTERWARDS after a couple days they get really dirty when i use them. i even wash my hands right before i use them every time and they still get dark gunk build up in some areas and i have no idea why. is it the topcoat i'm using? and if so what kind of paints do you guys recommend to avoid this issue.
Thats normal. Just clean it off, and wipe off the controller with a wash cloth with some soap to remove oil and dirt after every use to make em last.

Last edited:

pluto

Smash Cadet
ok cool, thanks a bunch. i've tried washing it but it doesn't want to come off, maybe i just need to try harder haha. anyway here are some of the ones i've painted!

mattergamer47

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0173-1300-9761
Just a heads up for anyone looking to paint buttons and such, the aftermarket GameCube controllers that look identical to the OEM ones, well the buttons of the third party ones fit in official ones pretty perfect too I post a pic sometime

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Anyone have any recommendations as to what kind of paint to use on a controller so that it wont leave smudges? I'm assuming that more relies on whatever clear coat you choose to use, so suggestions? I'm wanting to get myself 4 gamecube controllers and pick 4 Sm4sh characters to theme them around and paint them up.

GCS Gaming Customs

Anyone have any recommendations as to what kind of paint to use on a controller so that it wont leave smudges? I'm assuming that more relies on whatever clear coat you choose to use, so suggestions? I'm wanting to get myself 4 gamecube controllers and pick 4 Sm4sh characters to theme them around and paint them up.
Use krylon fusion for everything

DeeeFoo

Smash Rookie
I'm having some trouble sanding the controller. I got some 400 grit sandpaper and started sanding it, but it doesn't seem to change color that much, the color just turned a little lighter and the surface became smoother. I have a black and purple controller, and I've started wonder if their actually made of black and purple plastic, since the color isn't fading away. Or am I not sanding enough?

GCS Gaming Customs

I'm having some trouble sanding the controller. I got some 400 grit sandpaper and started sanding it, but it doesn't seem to change color that much, the color just turned a little lighter and the surface became smoother. I have a black and purple controller, and I've started wonder if their actually made of black and purple plastic, since the color isn't fading away. Or am I not sanding enough?
Everyone seems to have this misperception that you need to sand the color away. THIS IS NOT NECESSARY. You just need to literally brush over the controller with 400-1000 grit just to make the surface more adherable. The paint type (krylon) is more important.

DeeeFoo

Smash Rookie
Everyone seems to have this misperception that you need to sand the color away. THIS IS NOT NECESSARY. You just need to literally brush over the controller with 400-1000 grit just to make the surface more adherable. The paint type (krylon) is more important.
OK gotcha, thanks. I just finished painting it, but there are some very small bumps in some parts of the controller, possibly air bubbles or just uneven painting. How do I get rid of those to achieve a consistent smoothness? Sorry I can't post links to pictures since I don't have 10 posts.

Top Bottom