• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
Not to go off topic, but this is kind of important (and cool).
I got a cat the other day, and I named it...ZELDA! Didn't see that coming, did you guys.(?) Yep. I = win.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I would happily name a big German Shepherd "Ganon".

On another note, I once (about a decade ago) had a lizard that I named Krunch, after the character from Diddy Kong Racing. It had a companion that I named Krinkles, thinking it might be a name of a Kremling from the Donkey Kong Country series. So far, Creo and I are the only ones on the "pets named after video game characters" list.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Our cat is named Daisy, though not after the Mario sports character. So I guess she's in the "pets who coincidentally share their name with a video game character" category.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
I had a turtle named Turtus, which was a character in Zelda... I think. The old granny in the Inn in MM talked about him. I think Turtus is the name of Anju's dad? It's a little bit weird, but I dont care.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
But dogs are better than cats.

I can outdo you, and say when I get dogs in the future, I will name them Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. And I will punch anyone who does my idea before I do.
**Pointless**
Cat's = better then dogs. Did you ever watch Samurai pizza cats or CatDog? el oh el jk. Obviously it's opinion.
And if you punched me in the face, I'd says ( el oh el ) "Oh....I'm full now"...yeah...
(+ 10 if you get it :ohwell: )
** /Pointless **

Umm...aren't we supposed to get a trailer for Zelda Wii soon (that's what I heard)?
And is anyone as excited as I am for Spirit Tracks? Or am I a lone wolf (TP pun).(?)
Some reason, I can't wait for that game. I crave a new Zelda.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
I had a cat I named Isaac after the Golden Sun character in 5th grade. Does that count? I plan to get a dog later in my life. I want one of those dog/wolf hybrids. I'm gonna name her either Cammy or Zelda. :D

edit: Yes, I want a girl dog. They are more laid back (when they don't have puppies).

edit@Creo: You mean a new Zelda that isn't Spirit Tracks? CHOO CHOO!
edit2: I need to read the whole post I'm replying to. Never mind that last edit.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Creo, that might be the most obnoxious post I've seen in a long time. Great job!

And I too am excited for Spirit Tracks. I wasn't for Phantom Hourglass, but this one looks promising.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Looks okay, I guess. But after Phantom Hourglass I am doubting what Nintendo can do with Zelda on the DS.
Well it's obvious what they can do. They can make games with OoT/MM graphics!... but they don't. Instead, they choose to make half-baked cel-shaded games where Link's head looks like a poorly rendered egg in a 99¢ 3D program. The DS is capable of so much more, and since they already had the PH engine designed, they decided to push out another game using it, just as they did MM with the OoT engine. And you know what? They're going to make loads of cash off of it.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh c'mon. The game didn't look or play half bad. The only problem is that it was horribly easy.

And I don't know about the DS being able to pull off OoT/MM style only because anything I ever seen it do was pixelated textures. Nothing rendered.

Now I'm not educated in the subject, so I'm not gonna say it CAN'T do it, it just doesn't seem likely to me.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Oh c'mon. The game didn't look or play half bad. The only problem is that it was horribly easy.

And I don't know about the DS being able to pull off OoT/MM style only because anything I ever seen it do was pixelated textures. Nothing rendered.

Now I'm not educated in the subject, so I'm not gonna say it CAN'T do it, it just doesn't seem likely to me.
The gameplay in PH is classic Zeldaing like the 2D games, so I wholeheartedly respect it. But I'm a HUGE sucker for world design, and I wasn't keen on PH's ocean at all (Dee Ess Island? COME ON). Graphicwise, the DS is capable of N64-level models (if not better), but does have pixelated textures rather than the renderblurred textures seen in just about every '64 game. Look at Super Mario 64 DS vs. Super Mario 64. The remake had better-shaped character models and all, yet the Zelda games on the DS have sup-par looking models for a lot of things. I know that the DS is capable of so much more, they're just focusing on an easier approach to presenting Zelda, using it to carry on the toon games and the Wii to carry on the realistic games.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Umm...aren't we supposed to get a trailer for Zelda Wii soon (that's what I heard)?
And is anyone as excited as I am for Spirit Tracks? Or am I a lone wolf (TP pun).(?)
Some reason, I can't wait for that game. I crave a new Zelda.
Scott said we were getting a new Zelda Wii trailer this month, I believe. If he was wrong, then he gets banned to death. If I'm mistaking him for somebody else, he still gets banned to death.

Trick-or-treat
do you know what you get in your halloween pumpkin? A big package of infractions. Just because this is now more of an actual social thread doesn't mean you can make posts that just say "trick-or-treat", even if it is Halloween.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Scott said we were getting a new Zelda Wii trailer this month, I believe. If he was wrong, then he gets banned to death. If I'm mistaking him for somebody else, he still gets banned to death.
It would seem that I am doomed either way. Haha. Though really, I was just reposting some other site's rumor rather than making stuff up on my own. Blame the internet at large, not me! *puts on Stone Mask, and is now undetectable for banning*

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Zelda Wii trailer in the coming month?

If that happens.... I'll preorder a copy for somebody in here.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Man, Halloween just didn't happen at all this year for me. The most we did was pull an awesome prank on our scapegoat friend who we dump all blame on and his new girlfriend (who we met after pulling the prank).

If I had more time and money, I would have carved numerous pumpkins. The moon reminded me of this, namely because of their obvious similarities:

"That's no moon."

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
WHOO NELLY!
He's cornered like Link with two ReDeads cornering him with an Iron Knuckle approaching.

do you know what you get in your halloween pumpkin? A big package of infractions. Just because this is now more of an actual social thread doesn't mean you can make posts that just say "trick-or-treat", even if it is Halloween.
Sad thing is, he posted that on October 30th...

It would seem that I am doomed either way. Haha. Though really, I was just reposting some other site's rumor rather than making stuff up on my own. Blame the internet at large, not me! *puts on Stone Mask, and is now undetectable for banning*
El oh el. I can't see a little boy running around with a deformed mask guys...:laugh:
Oh man! I never really understood how that mask worked, though I do think it is amazing.

* I really hope Zelda Wii has amazing graphics. If they're just like Twilight Princess's (half baked faces...), I'll be pretty upset.

@Sprit Tracks discussion:
It could have amazing graphics, but the reality is we are getting choppy ones. I just hope Tingle is in it and the story/dungeons are good.

I've had it reserved for about 4 months now...and I hunger for a new Zelda game.

@ Spire:
"It's a space station."

@General:
I'm going to start playing Ocarina of Time again, because it is awesome. Honestly, I want to get to Gerudo Valley again because of the song and I love to Snipe out the Gerudo's with my archery skills. That is really the best part in the game. Agree/disagree?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I got my Zelda posters from Club Nintendo today! I'll post pictures when I get them hung up in my game room.

Scott!

Smash Lord
The only Zelda poster I have is the one that came with the guide to PH that my parents got me when they bought me the game. It's small, but having Link and Linebeck on my wall is always a plus.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
My mom doesn't let me have posters up... otherwise I'd put my Zelda poster up. It's also from an old strategy guide I think it was A Link to the past or Ocarina of time. I wasn't in High School yet, it's all I remember.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
The only Zelda poster I have is the one that came with the guide to PH that my parents got me when they bought me the game. It's small, but having Link and Linebeck on my wall is always a plus.
I have a PH poster, but we turned it around and hung up Sonic 15th Anniversary. I also have two TP posters, and years ago I had a large OoT poster, but there is no hope of ever seeing that again. I don't even know what happened to it...

Hey guys whats up?
Global Rules 6.0 Please don't spam.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I guess no one noticed the similarities to the two tunes I mentioned earlier in the topic. It's something I call, or called, the Nintendo syndrome. How they love making one song, and making it the theme of the theme of an entire game (or mostly).

Anyway, I've played AlttP so much, and I think it's about time for me to REALLY get to know the game. Like how people know how to gltich out of the walls of SotN. I wanna see if there's more than the Ghost of Misery Mire. See if there's debug room and stuff. That would definitely rekindle my light of interest in the game.

Realmz

Smash Apprentice
"All Links are actually the same Link. Time works in a triangle. And Link is HIS OWN FATHER. At the end (and beginning) of the triangle, he realizes this, goes insane, shrinks, and calls himself Tingle." ~Random youtube comment

I'm sorry, I just had to post the funniest LoZ conspiracy quote of all time. Actually its probably not that funny, but I couldn't help myself from cracking up reading it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
"All Links are actually the same Link. Time works in a triangle. And Link is HIS OWN FATHER. At the end (and beginning) of the triangle, he realizes this, goes insane, shrinks, and calls himself Tingle." ~Random youtube comment

I'm sorry, I just had to post the funniest LoZ conspiracy quote of all time. Actually its probably not that funny, but I couldn't help myself from cracking up reading it.
I actually read that somewhere...

I think it was related to some triangular timeline that a couple guys made?

Scott!

Smash Lord
So, today is Shigeru Miyamoto's birthday. I think I'm gonna go play some TP to celebrate. Gotta do something, since he's the mastermind behind my favorite games ever, and has pretty much guided my taste in games at some level for 15 years or so.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
*Cough*
Tingle, my friends, is amazing. I pitty the youtube commentor who indirectly made a derogatory statement about Link and him...

@Spire IV:
When did you level up? El oh el.

Spirit Tracks is almost here guys. . .

**Edit:
I'll continue playing OoT today since it's Miyamoto's birthday. Anyone know his age?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom