• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I just read in an issue of GameInformer where Jimmy Fallon was interviewed that apparently the LoZ series are his favorite games.

I'm not a huge fan of him, but I thought it was a pretty cool fun fact.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Jimmy Fallon seems like a pretty cool guy. He's not very funny, not enough to merit giving him his own show anyway, but he seems like he would be fun to get to know. He's in with a good amount of the nerd culture and stuff, so that's cool. I remember him doing a video bit with Felicia Day teaching him how to play WoW, and that was amusing. But of what I've seen of his show, I'm not that impressed, really. It's too bad. Of course, he competes with Craig Ferguson, so that's not even a choice. Craig wins any day.

Anyway... Zelda. So yeah. Oh yeah, it's October. Weren't we supposed to get a Zelda Wii trailer mid-October? I think I posted that link like a month ago. Time to go digging and get hyped again.

Scott!

Smash Lord
OoT iron knuckles are still pretty beast, though at this point, it's just cause I fight for style points rather than efficiency. But the first time I played, jeez. They were terrifyingly strong.

Also, just about anything you meet in the first few minutes of being in the dark world in ALttP. They hurt so much and take so many hits. Each one on its own isn't that bad, but together, yikes. I always had serious trouble at that point.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
This may sound pathetic, but the most difficult enemy for me, honestly, is the Blue Bubble from WW.

@_@ I have to get close to it to be able to shoot it via lock-on (I have terrible aim), and then it notices me, so I have to get further away so I'm actually able to USE my arrows. :laugh:

Atomic Yoshi

Smash Apprentice
you can just blow out its flames with deku leaf lol thats what i do. I remember playing oot when i was young and didn't know how to backflip LOL u can imagine how it was fighting an iron knuckle. eventually i just used nayru's love. Am i the only ones who thought the darknuts in wind waker were hard? (not the white ones, but the red and black ones. I try to beat them without using the parry attack for a challenge.) I've played ALttP on GBA, is it any different from the original? Last time i played OOT i had a lot of trouble against volvagia, took me like 6 times with fairies to beat him/her.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Beating Darknuts in WW without parrying isn't a huge challenge for me, but it takes a lot of patience.

XACE-K

Smash Master
OoT iron knuckles are still pretty beast, though at this point, it's just cause I fight for style points rather than efficiency. But the first time I played, jeez. They were terrifyingly strong.
Agreed. My strategy for them is spam bombs and when I'm all out, attack once, fall back, rinse and repeat.

Spire

III
BRoomer
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3tQ7Wof6QvM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3tQ7Wof6QvM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Spire that video was amazing. Though I'm not sure I'd like to see another Toon game on the consoles (I'd rather see a console game take a pseudo-realism approach, rather than a pseudo-anime approach), it was still a really cool video.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Cute video. Nicely made.

The worst enemy I've ever faced were, as I've said before, Moldorm from Link to the Past. Although I'm not a fan of the Leever's either. Not cause they are hard, but they are just annoying when they pop out of the ground and chase ya. Hard to predict their movement.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Attention

Now that the Zelda boards isn't the new, cool kid on the block of SWF, and we have a regular community, I feel comfortable turning this into a true general discussion thread. That isn't to say that I wouldn't prefer to keep this as a Zelda discussion thread... it's just that I'm shortening the leash a little, so that we can get to know each other better and become a closer community.

However, I haven't discussed this with Spire, so if he disagrees with this, then this thread is going back to the way it was.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Attention

Now that the Zelda boards isn't the new, cool kid on the block of SWF, and we have a regular community, I feel comfortable turning this into a true general discussion thread. That isn't to say that I wouldn't prefer to keep this as a Zelda discussion thread... it's just that I'm shortening the leash a little, so that we can get to know each other better and become a closer community.

However, I haven't discussed this with Spire, so if he disagrees with this, then this thread is going back to the way it was.
The fact that this legendary thread is still around and alive proves that it can take on any form it wants. I prefer a 46,000-ft moonbeast with 3,000,000 tentacles, but a general discussion thread is fine by me.

Scott!

Smash Lord
The fact that this legendary thread is still around and alive proves that it can take on any form it wants. I prefer a 46,000-ft moonbeast with 3,000,000 tentacles, but a general discussion thread is fine by me.
Spam party! Woooo. *Waves arms halfheartedly*

Anyway, if that strange Zelda in space idea of yours ever comes to be, I want one of the bosses to be this moonbeast of which you speak. Something tells me that it would be insanely fun to fight if given enough bomb arrows as well as the hyper spin attack from WW.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Random Miscellanious Unimportant Discovery

Did anyone else notice that when transporting to Greatfish Isle via Ballad of Gales, It says "Sail to Greatfish Island?" instead of "Isle?"

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I'm thinking of playing OoT or MM (through my GC Zelda Collector's Disk)

I've beaten OoT twice and only once for MM.

I could play OoT for the nostalgia factor but I'm sure i'd get a bit bored because I already beat it 2 times.

I could play MM because I've only beaten it once and if I play it again it would almost be new to me.

What do you guys think?

Kantō

Smash Champion
well, OoT is much better, MM is still an awesome game. its almost erie to me and has atmosphere that i havent seen in a game in a while. its def. a great game to play i would recommend it.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Go with MM. If it would seem new to you, and OoT might bore you, then go with the one that won't get old. Also, MM is almost as amazing as OoT.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I've been meaning to get back into an older Zelda game after beating TP again, and having school off this week was the perfect opportunity. Kinda mad I never got to it. Ended up replaying Beyond Good & Evil and watching Monty Python.

Scorn me all you want...I deserve it for forsaking our precious Zelda. Oh well, maybe next break I get.

Scott!

Smash Lord
How can we scorn you when you spent time watching Monty Python? Playing Zelda is a noble endeavor, but so is watching MP. Good stuff.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I just wanna get this out there since it's been on my mind for years.

You know the main theme of Majora's Mask? The theme you hear while venturing through Snowhead, Ikana Canyon, Great Bay, etc? Not Termina Field. Yes, they all sounds similar. You ever notice it sounds like the music that plays in A Link to the Past when Link gets forced into the Dark World and is transformed into a Bunny? I swear that song had to be the blueprint or something . . .

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
My god why have i never searched for the whole forum ever before on swf?
I don't know why i never even considered smashboards maybe having a zelda forum, as it makes sense, I am so happy x3

I just found home :'D

Spire

III
BRoomer
I stopped hating the Water Temple BEFORE it was cool...
I've never hated the Water Temple. It's seriously always been one of my lifelong favorite dungeons ever. Out of all the temples from OoT, I think it's the most atmospherically spiritual, even more so than the Spirit Temple itself.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
I've never hated the Water Temple. It's seriously always been one of my lifelong favorite dungeons ever. Out of all the temples from OoT, I think it's the most atmospherically spiritual, even more so than the Spirit Temple itself.
Well... I dont know about that. Then again, you are the Grand high master of all things Zelda. :laugh:

I never hated the Water Temple. To tell you the truth, I never even had a problem with it; I just zipped right through the first time. It was only after my cousins began calling to ask me how to beat it did I realize that it was difficult... for other people. But it definitely isn't my favorite temple. I interpret the temples by how they relate to the people who might have used them. For instance, the fire temple is one of my favorites because it feels as if gorons made the temple long ago; with their totems and their sculptures. The forest temple looks like something that grew out of the forest, with their trees and such. But the water temple... well... is kind of a sore thumb. It is a big strange brick room inside an island. Zora's tend to use natural things like shells and seaweed, while the water temple is a big square pyramid-esque thing with nothing very natural about it.

It definetly isnt my least favorite (I didnt like Jabu Jabu very much...) But to me, it was just a little bit awkward. More awkward than any other temples out there.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well... I dont know about that. Then again, you are the Grand high master of all things Zelda. :laugh:

I never hated the Water Temple. To tell you the truth, I never even had a problem with it; I just zipped right through the first time. It was only after my cousins began calling to ask me how to beat it did I realize that it was difficult... for other people. But it definitely isn't my favorite temple. I interpret the temples by how they relate to the people who might have used them. For instance, the fire temple is one of my favorites because it feels as if gorons made the temple long ago; with their totems and their sculptures. The forest temple looks like something that grew out of the forest, with their trees and such. But the water temple... well... is kind of a sore thumb. It is a big strange brick room inside an island. Zora's tend to use natural things like shells and seaweed, while the water temple is a big square pyramid-esque thing with nothing very natural about it.

It definetly isnt my least favorite (I didnt like Jabu Jabu very much...) But to me, it was just a little bit awkward. More awkward than any other temples out there.
That was the draw for the Water Temple for me. I knew it was important to the Zoras, but in a sort of "that is where we should stay away from" sort; like the temple is so sacred that they do not venture into it much. Then again, you cannot enter the temples as a child, so the Gorons and Zoras may very well have spent a lot of time in the temples before Ganondorf attacked.

The Forest Temple is undeniably the most interesting. I think the only other dungeon in the entire series that it's similar to is Snowpeak Mansion, as both appear to be these castle/mansion/museum like structures built in two very isolated areas. Why in the world is it in the Lost Woods? Who could have possibly built it? In some ways, it feels like its origins might stem from outside of Hyrule, and the same goes to Snowpeak Mansion. While there exist paintings of locations from around Hyrule, there is a chapel in the mansion with a complete absence of the Triforce. Plus, none of the shields shown throughout the mansion reflect the Hyrule Royal Crest in any way whatsoever (come to think of it, it never made much sense to me why Link is the only one to use a Hylian Shield despite them being widely available for purchase in various stores).

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I don't have much explanation for it, but I loved the original Fire Temple in OoT. Yes, that the chanting in the background may have had more meaning, but I really didn't care. That chanting really set the mood for that temple, you don't even know. To know that there's this dragon affecting not just the Gorons, but the land around his Temple and you have to go into his realm and take him down. It was just right for me. And almost anything winter related seems to take me back (nostalgia) to that specific temple. The setting, environment and build of that temple was just perfect.

My other temple that stick in my mind is Snowhead temple. I always tell people that although it was N64/PSX, they seemed to have gotten the aspect of snow and winter and COLD **** near perfect. Again, it's one of those things I can't explain, honestly. But I love that temple more for its wintry set up. So awesome.

Other than those two, I can't say anything really stands in my head as significant to me. Even if AlttP is my straight up Favorite zelda game and favorite game of all time.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I never really thought much either way of the water temple. It didn't stand out to me in my first playthrough. I got stuck in it briefly, but I figured it out, found the keys, appreciated the challenge, and moved on. In later playthroughs, and now in retrospect, I appreciate it and what it tries to do more. The linearity of most dungeons in Zelda games and games in general always seems a bit unrealistic to me. But the water temple isn't linear at all, with the changing of the water levels and all that. And that's a big plus for me, for some reason.

Alzi

Smash Master
I hated the water temple in OOT when i was little. If i was to play it again i would most likley think diffrently to it.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
As I've said once before, the hatred that usually stems from a temple is usually based upon a minor inconvenience. This usually comes from missing a small key, or not going on the right path on the first try.

I'll admit, I wasn't a fan either, and I will always remember that "first time" and forever joke about a solemn hatred for any water dungeons in any Zelda game, but after getting rid of that small inconvenience, the temple becomes very engaging.

That's why I push for people to hate on a grander scale, on something that is always present in the dungeon, and not on something the player controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom