• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Man, they really shot for a birthday release of New Super Mario Bros. Wii, but missed by a hair.

Looks like I'll be registering for classes and writing a paper on Miyamoto's birthday. I'll celebrate on Thursday when I get NSMBWii.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The flaw that video was pointing out nearly every RPG in existence is guilty of the same thing. Side quests galore. ****, I heard Steambot Chronicles was BUILT on side quests.

But that was an entertaining animation. I wouldn't expect anything less from College Humor.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Ok guys, I figured it out. The fairies appear out of nowhere, link has no clue wtf is going on, so he must take the fairy queen home and thus begins his adventure. New Zelda theory!!!

Spire

III
BRoomer
The Legend of Halo: Quest for Recon

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7rmxw3HyV0I&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7rmxw3HyV0I&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uy_uhI76sB8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uy_uhI76sB8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_0SbPNswjzA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_0SbPNswjzA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
My favorite part was probably starting the Great Bay Temple with 5 hours left on the timeline, and bombing himself through the one of the first walls to land in the boss room.

Hero of Bombs
Yeah that was good. I liked how he was able to go to Termina Field when he was just a Deku Scrub, and then only used it to access a different part of Clock Town. It probably only saved about 30 seconds. lol

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
I am definitely an "ALttP" music fan. I was listening to it recently, and I for one think it is the best music of any zelda games... ever. Sure there are many amazing songs throughout the Zelda franchise that I also love... but it seems that every single song from ALttP is a masterpiece. When my ALttP playlist comes on, I dont have to skip any songs unlike my OoT playlist or my TP playlist.

Perhaps it's just the nostalgia of the moment...

Spire

III
BRoomer
I have to skip tracks from every Zelda game except ALttP, LA, and OoX, because they have so few and each are so unique to their games that they're not worth skipping. The 3D games just have so many tracks (including many 5-15 second pieces for opening treasure chests, etc) that it's really hard to listen to the soundtracks without feeling a sense of inconsistency and lack of atmosphere.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
One of my friends was actually quite distressed today and they asked for a distraction (this was over AIM) and I was playing Majora's Mask at the time so I randomly linked them to the Clock Town Day 1 Music in the best attempt at a distraction I could come up with on the spot. (They haven't played Majora's Mask.)

They said it was very calming and stopped seeming distressed after that point. Majora's Mask is pretty much amazing.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I... never really listen to Zelda playlists... To be honest, I spend more time arranging Zelda music, which I only do every now and then. But sometimes I like to listen to random Zelda/miscellaneous game music in the background while doing something else.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
A round of applause please to lanky_gunner, the first person who isn't Spire or Skyler to contribute to the news thread!

Seriously guys, don't be shy ;_;

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Anybody know when Kotaku's contest is ending? I got a chance at winning it, but you know...

Won't be able to pull it off till sometime in january.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm pretty sure I know what the response to this is going to be already, but I'll ask anyway.

I have both Ocarina and Majora's Mask (finally both of which being the original cartridges instead of just on Collector's Edition), and I've started playing both. No, unfortunately, I've never beaten either of them. I'm about to enter the first dungeon in Majora's Mask, and I beat Dodongo's Cavern in Ocarina of Time, but only on Collector's Edition -- I've only gotten through the Deku Tree on the cartridge (which is where I will be continuing my game).

Thus far, I've enjoyed Majora's Mask more, but OoT is more widely regarded and whatnot, plus it came out first. I will be beating both of them, but would you recommend that I beat OoT before Majora's Mask?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well MM is considerably more difficult, so if you play it before OoT, you'll think OoT is way too easy. I say play through OoT first because its types of puzzles carry over to MM, but are made even more difficult, so it's almost a natural transition. Playing MM first would be a good experience, but would totally overshadow OoT. I say pay respect to both.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
If you do them both at the same time on equal intervals, I would assume you would be beating Majora's Mask first (like on intervals you are doing now).

But I think it would be better to go through Ocarina first. It will lay the ground work for what to expect in Majora's.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well MM is considerably more difficult, so if you play it before OoT, you'll think OoT is way too easy. I say play through OoT first because its types of puzzles carry over to MM, but are made even more difficult, so it's almost a natural transition. Playing MM first would be a good experience, but would totally overshadow OoT. I say pay respect to both.
If you do them both at the same time on equal intervals, I would assume you would be beating Majora's Mask first (like on intervals you are doing now).

But I think it would be better to go through Ocarina first. It will lay the ground work for what to expect in Majora's.
Thanks for the advice, guys. I think I'll play Ocarina first. You can only beat a game for the first time once (well, unless I get amnesia), and I don't want to skew my experience of the games by playing them in the wrong order -- there is no definitive "wrong" order, but my experience will differ depending on which one I play first -- so I wanted to check with you guys and see what you thought.

But I seriously need to beat both games soon (along with others, especially the ones I already own that I haven't beaten yet) if I want to consider myself a true Zelda fan, so I'm putting that next on my agenda after Spirit Tracks.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Oh man, I had this dream last night that a friend of mine created his own custom temple in Majora's Mask based off Stone Tower and another friend of mine and I had to traverse it along with numerous others. It was crazy difficult and scary. I remember the first "room" was this open, walled off rectangular room (about the same size as North Clock Town), but with the Stone Tower tileset, and a large circular statue of The Moon, but with sharp teeth. On its sides were these long spike-covered cylinders (like in NSMBWii) and it would attack me with them. Oh man it was insane. Then in the next room, I had to help this little, little kid (about a two year old) sneak into this water shaft into this huge, half-flooded room and that's where I woke up.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
So, I have done a 3 heart challenge in MM and TP. But cant seem to be able to do the OoT 3 heart challenge :(. I suck lol. I cant get past Volvagia with no fairies and 3 hearts only >_<.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom